IGNORED

TH says we must discriminate

AnnoDomini

I just discovered TH and am reading a post on the virtues of discrimination against women in the workforce. WTF!

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2009/07/why-we-must-discriminate/

It's all kind of misogynistic!

It wasn’t dissatisfaction with home life so much as the novelty of the unknown and the romantic fantasies of the minority of feminists temperamentally unsuited to domesticity that convinced impressionable women to pour into the market for careers.

She also posted at some point on how it is not anti-semitic to hate the Jews. Um, yeah it is. By definition. She is such a twat-waffle.

Thank you Thinking Housewife, for clearing up exactly why my mom chose to run out and work not one but two jobs! Here I thought that it was because her husband came back from Vietnam with a scorching case of PTSD and decided to split . But no, she was just harboring "romantic fantasies" about working six days a week. Silly me.

Guest Anonymous
OMG I read the Auster guy and he had the same phrases! Moral narcissism anyone? LOL, that's her!

I really, really think it is. I never bought that the TH author was a woman, and when I read Auster's blog that clinched it for me.

I really, really think it is. I never bought that the TH author was a woman, and when I read Auster's blog that clinched it for me.

The giveaway is in the blog name "The Thinking Housewife". Real women don't think. They have headships to think for them.

I am not eager to look at this guy's blog, but I also always suspected that "she" was a man. I can buy that there are women who hate women (and all non-white, non-conservative people), but "she" is so extreme as to defy credibility. Also, the writing style is 100 percent male. I can't explain it; it just is.

I just discovered TH and am reading a post on the virtues of discrimination against women in the workforce. WTF!

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2009/07/why-we-must-discriminate/

It's all kind of misogynistic!

I will admit to having a certain morbid fascination with this blog because he/she is just so awful in their thinking. I remember reading this piece, and sadly, it's not one of the more shocking things on there for me. I actually know lots of women who wish they could go part-time or stay home and they blame awful full-timers like me for driving down wages by being in the workforce. After all, if women didn't work fulll-time, then companies would have to pay men enough to support a whole family. Absent from this thinking is how single, widowed, divorced women or wives of the unemployed would keep themselves and theirs kids secure. Because as all readers of the Lousewife know, we can't have people going on welfare!

Seriously, the reasoning makes me :angry-screaming:

I can't find it, but my favorite TH post is one in which s/he said that s/he loves the Amish people because they dress children like children. No, dear, they are dressed identically to the adults. :eyeroll:

Guest Anonymous

See, this is why the Housewife is my favorite of all the batshit crazy bloggers I read. Just when I think she can't shock me anymore, she comes out with a jaw-dropper.

I absolutely love the quote Anno Domini picked out. See, in the Housewife's view, women are essentially mental 12-year-olds - "impressionable" and living their lives based on "romantic fantasies." Yeah, that's right, all those women in law school think that practicing law is just going to be about looking really important in sexy business suits and handling juicy cases like the ones you see on TV.* The women in medical school imagine themselves being wooed by a George Clooney look-alike, just like on "ER." *Giggle*

Of course, Housewife will occasionally acknowledge that there do exist women who are serious about their work and truly want to be in the workplace -- but these women are "unnatural," and rare exceptions to the general rule. Of course, I'm pretty sure that a woman (and, sadly, I think TH is actually a woman) who harbors such dripping contempt for her own sex is "unnatural" herself.

Guest Anonymous

Upon further reflection, I think TH characterizes such women as "not normal," not "unnatural," but the point still stands. While internalized misogyny certainly exists, I think it's "not normal" for a woman to hate her fellow women so very much.

Commenters on FSTDT believe that the Stinking Lousewife is actually this guy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Auster

After reading his blog and hers, I think it's very possible to likely that they are written by the same (horrible) person.

Oh, I'd love to ask Mr. Auster just how many women wouldn't sleep with him, and just how mean his mother was. :lol: :lol:

Guest Anonymous
Of course, I'm pretty sure that a woman (and, sadly, I think TH is actually a woman) who harbors such dripping contempt for her own sex is "unnatural" herself.

What in particular makes you think that "Laura" isn't Lawrence? The phrasing and similarity of writing style is pretty striking, not to mention the lockstep in regards to opinions and topics.

I'm totally open to being proven wrong about it but until I see evidence to the contrary, I maintain that the two are one.

Guest Anonymous

Lissar,

You know, I haven't read too much of Lawrence, so maybe I should go have a look-see.

I guess I think she's a woman for five reasons: (1) I believe that there are some really misogynist women out there. (2) I think it would take a massive amount of balls to use some other woman's photo as your own on the internet if you're really a guy with a fake woman's blog. On the other hand, with someone as batshit crazy as the person writing this blog, I suppose anything is possible. (3) I don't really see the point of a misogynist male writer posing as a misogynist female writer -- but then again, batshit crazy. (4) Every once in a while, TH will clamp down on some MRA misogyny that goes beyond what even she is willing to tolerate. (5) Gut feeling.

I fully acknowledge that I could be completely wrong about this!

I wouldn't be surprised if Laura was Lawrence, however, I thought I read that Laura was Catholic somewhere. Lawrence isn't, and if someone were to embark on this kind of sick project, wouldn't you want your fake person to be the "right" religion?

I wouldn't be surprised if Laura was Lawrence, however, I thought I read that Laura was Catholic somewhere. Lawrence isn't, and if someone were to embark on this kind of sick project, wouldn't you want your fake person to be the "right" religion?

I think the TH might not be Catholic. There have been times on her blog that sort of hint at it, but other times she seems to be Protestant. I agree with others I'm start to wonder if if TH is really a man, butsome fundie women have said shit like this before. When loony Jessica had her blog up, she once posted that women in the workplace was a sin because it usurped a men's authority.

Guest Anonymous

I will say it is a bit odd that there is remarkably little personal information about Laura on the blog. There is very little sense of the real person behind the blog. All I've really gotten from the blog is that she is married, that she has one high school aged son at home, that she lives in Pennsylvania, is friends with a number of women of Indian background, and that she vacations in New Hampshire. That's it. That's all I know about this woman's personal life after a couple years of reading her blog.

Now it could just be that she just would prefer to talk about her batshit crazy ideas than about her personal life. Or it could be that she's not a real person.

I'm surprised he didn't build a persona as a minority woman, or a Jewish one. Really now, a black woman would have been more effective Mr. Auster. And then she could have waxed on and on about the superiority of the white race and not be called a Nazi.

But then, the huge skinhead fan base would not visit so much.

Guest Anonymous

Wikipedia says that Lawrence Auster is Jewish by birth but converted to Episopalianism. However, he has said the Episcopal church isn't a real church anymore now that they are ordaining gay priests and bishops.

If he and Laura are the same person, that might explain why Laura sounds so sympathetic to Catholicism (the church to which a lot of traditionalist Episcopalians are making sympathetic noises) without actually saying she is Catholic.

I've known plenty of male trolls who tried to pass as women on the internet. They usually do it because they think women will automatically agree with them, or because they are trying to set an example for other women.

I have always pictured TH as some greasy guy sitting in a basement with "No Fat Chicks" t-shirt.

Plenty of women are misogynist, but they do it in a different way. It has more of a tone of "Hey Ladies, just hear me out while I explain how you're wrong about everything", but TH takes on a tone of "You all are horrible and I don't understand anything about you".

Archived