Cleopatra7

5 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Hmmm, based on the below article, they fictionalized it, but not sure how much they perverted it.

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/press-releases/gazette-com-caved.html

rue, she repeatedly says that President Barack Obama and Adolf Hitler hold similar ideas, and that Obama is paving the way for the Antichrist.

The evangelical Christian also says Muslims will do whatever it takes, including violence, to spread Islam, and that if the U.S. military did not invade Iraq, terrorism would be rampant in America.

Good God.

Maybe I should just assume my memory is faulty? It was 30+ years ago that I read the book, and I remembered it as being thoroughly awful (as in, she had terrible experiences), but I don't remember out-and-out insanity. Then again, it might have just swept right past me at the time.

Dear gawd, what a horrendously-stupid comic that also manages to be insulting at the same time!

IMG_0278.PNG

Are ... you ... FUCKING ... kidding me?!?!

Hmmm. Maybe I got the "neglected orphan" part mixed up with someone else. 

And, of course, when I heard her speak, it was the 80s--way before Obama, of course. (Is she still alive? She seemed old to me in the 1980s...) She warned against the rise of tyrants and the threat to freedom, back then (I do remember that much), but I don't remember the particulars. It was before the fall of the Berlin Wall, and part of the reason she was doing public speaking at church gatherings was to raise money for her and Betti's bible-smuggling ministry. I seem to recall her warning against the signs of fascism she saw in the US and Western Europe at the time, but I could very well be mis-remembering.

I wonder if she'd see the parallels in Trump's rhetoric and in his more vocal supremacist supporters, or if she'd be "Republican all the way".

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Hmmm. Maybe I got the "neglected orphan" part mixed up with someone else. 

Looks that may be true of the real person. Mama from the comic is just there to randomly talk about Jesus sat the start of the comic.

Archived