IGNORED

I am Evie Teale

Evie Teale

Good morning FJers,

I don't know if any of you remember me, but several years ago, I posted on here about trying to leave my husband and fundamentalism. He drew me back (more than once), but I wanted you all to know I and the children have all escaped him finally. We are staying with my parents and I have a protective order in place. The younger 4 children have been enrolled in school (which they love). I am going to finish the last 3 classes I need to get my bachelor's degree. I cannot file the divorce papers until January so there is a residency requirement here.

I have so much to tell you all about my last few years of hell and what it's like to be married to a fundamentalist narcissist. My blog was erased long ago but I need an outlet so maybe I could start writing again. I can't wait to "talk" with you all again!

thanks for all your support--I finally did it!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello again, Evie, and many congratulations on leaving Fundamentalism.

I've asked for this thread to be moved from the Archive area so more people will see it.

41 minutes ago, Evie Teale said:

Good morning FJers,

I don't know if any of you remember me, but several years ago, I posted on here about trying to leave my husband and fundamentalism. He drew me back (more than once), but I wanted you all to know I and the children have all escaped him finally. We are staying with my parents and I have a protective order in place. The younger 4 children have been enrolled in school (which they love). I am going to finish the last 3 classes I need to get my bachelor's degree. I cannot file the divorce papers until January so there is a residency requirement here.

I have so much to tell you all about my last few years of hell and what it's like to be married to a fundamentalist narcissist. My blog was erased long ago but I need an outlet so maybe I could start writing again. I can't wait to "talk" with you all again!

Congratulations, @Evie Teale.  I wasn't here to follow your story back then but am very happy to read your post today.  I assume your husband knows where you are living as you state it above. Just want to make sure that you're comfortable sharing that information.  I wish you all the best and look forward to reading more.

Great news. I am off now to find your first visit as I don't believe I was around at that time. I wish you great success.

I don't know you from before but I'm so happy to hear you and your children have gotten out! I do know what it's like to be with a narcissist and the horrible mind games they play. PM me any time you want to talk about anything.

Adding my congrats and best wishes to you.

When you're ready, I'd love to hear about how you got into the fundie lifestyle, and how you got out.

I wish I could have responded better up-thread but I've been wishing I owned roller skates all day and tomorrow looks no better.

Welcome back, @Evie Teale.  I really look forward to hearing more about your journey and I am so glad the children are doing well too.

I cannot wait to follow your journey.  You are brave, you are enough.  You will cry and fight the voices inside that make you question your decision but you CAN do it!! 

Welcome back @Evie Teale. I know people have wondered how you were doing.  Things have changed a bit here, so have a look around.   We now have personal blogs right on the site if that interests you. It's easy to start one by just going to the blog link from the main browse link at the top.

I'm sure we will all be interested in your story once you are ready. Congratulations for getting out for the final time!

I wasn't here when you first shared your story, but I'm glad that you're back & all is going well for you and your children. :my_heart:

Hi Evie, I didn't know about you before but I wish you and your children all the best in your new life.  Please keep us updated ( to your comfort level of course)

I followed all of your original posts -- and I am going to be the "devil's advocate" here --- I clearly remember reaching a point, near the end of the story, in which I felt that it was what FJ now knows as a "Burris" kind of thing. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so, but after the whole deal before, I am rather skeptical.

8 hours ago, apple1 said:

I followed all of your original posts -- and I am going to be the "devil's advocate" here --- I clearly remember reaching a point, near the end of the story, in which I felt that it was what FJ now knows as a "Burris" kind of thing. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so, but after the whole deal before, I am rather skeptical.

Ahh Burris. She should be appearing before the ICC any time now, right?

9 hours ago, apple1 said:

Hmmm, apparently there was some suspicion about Evie Teale back during the time the truth about Razing Ruth came out.  Nothing of substance that I can see, but...

Nothing wrong with good, healthy skepticism.

This is just a general comment more related to Burris and RR but we have currently a couple more people who are likely not what they claim as well as some vampires who are taking a ton more emotional energy than they are giving back. Lying and exaggerating on the internet are all too common as is whining and attention mongering.

As with everything on the internet it is buyer beware.

Always read with a critical eye.  Not every story is true.  It's never a bad idea to show compassion.  It is a bad idea to get sucked into the (sometimes fake) drama.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2016 at 7:41 AM, Evie Teale said:

Good morning FJers,

I remember talking with you on here when you were here before, and I have been praying for you and your children. I hope that you are safe and well.

Archived