Jump to content
IGNORED

Arrows for the Quiver: Upcoming Babies 6


Bethella
 Share

Recommended Posts

My guess is most of them just choose a wedding date that is the least likely to be a period day, which, honestly, really sucks even for people who don't want to be fruitful and multiply. It's not rocket science. A day that is not close to a period is therefore all the more close to a maturating egg. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Lurky said:

..then doing daily pregnancy tests, and basically having  weeks at most, to enjoy being just a couple, without thinking about the upcoming baby...  Straight into morning sickness...

I don't honestly think any of them take the time to enjoy being a couple. I am pretty sure that as soon as the reception is over, they are thinking of making the babies all the time - planning on that upcoming baby the first time they have sex. And, they never stop from then on.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I don't honestly think any of them take the time to enjoy being a couple. I am pretty sure that as soon as the reception is over, they are thinking of making the babies all the time - planning on that upcoming baby the first time they have sex. And, they never stop from then on.

But I can see someone like Michael Bates Keilen really enjoying that first year alone with Brandon. So sure she's probably thinking about babies and wanting one since she was raised to believe it's the end all be all best thing ever. But I can also see her enjoying the alone time with him.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, luxfilia said:

Lots of people ovulate halfway through the cycle. It's obviously not clockwork for everyone, but if you have sex every day for the week leading up to the likely day of ovulation, you have a pretty good chance. Plus, lots of women I know DO have a very predictable cycle. I'm not one of them, but even I can tell when I'm likely ovulating due to pain, discharge changes, breast tenderness, etc. If all you have time to do is housework, studying the Bible, and paying attention to your body (and logging these changes), it can become more predictable. :P I use an app to track my own cycles and symptoms, and even with my hormonal imbalance, it does make certain patterns more apparent (and shows me how exercise, various diets, etc., affect my cycles).

That is all true, but to know when you are ovulating/ that ovulation is going to happen soon because you feel the symptoms OR to plan to have your wedding night to be shortly before you are ovulating months in advance are totally different things. That is what boggles me. I can see planning your wedding day so that you might not be affected by your period. I can see planning to marry right after your period so you have a good chance. But even then I think it is almost impossible to predict the exact day months in advance.  It is more a time frame.

That said, as I stated before: if you have sex you will get pregnant eventually. If you want to get pregnant and know your body it is likely to happen faster then when you just don't think about it. The chances to get pregnant in 4 weeks are high. The all seem to use tests that that tell you like 9(?) days after conceiving and a lot of them don't wait to tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're both healthy, in your late teens to early twenties, plan your wedding to minimise your chances of having to deal with a period on your honeymoon, and have a lot of unprotected sex, you have a pretty good chance of getting pregnant.

You don't need to plan anything. It's just statistics (or maybe God just loves them more :my_angel: .) There are plenty of couples that take an extra month or two but they don't seem to garner so much attention.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

That is all true, but to know when you are ovulating/ that ovulation is going to happen soon because you feel the symptoms OR to plan to have your wedding night to be shortly before you are ovulating months in advance are totally different things. That is what boggles me. I can see planning your wedding day so that you might not be affected by your period. I can see planning to marry right after your period so you have a good chance. But even then I think it is almost impossible to predict the exact day months in advance.  It is more a time frame.

That said, as I stated before: if you have sex you will get pregnant eventually. If you want to get pregnant and know your body it is likely to happen faster then when you just don't think about it. The chances to get pregnant in 4 weeks are high. The all seem to use tests that that tell you like 9(?) days after conceiving and a lot of them don't wait to tell.

I didn't mean that they would feel ovulation coming on and plan a wedding for the next few days. LOL! I meant that one could guess when they were likely to be ovulating within an average (to them) cycle. If the symptoms happen at the same time each month, then that would imply it will happen again the following months. And yes, of course, you have a pretty good chance (I think an average "healthy" person has a 30% chance each month) of getting pregnant if you schedule away from your period. But some people really can predict their period months in advance. And not just some people, but MANY people. It's just true.

I wasn't AT ALL arguing that these girls are doing something special to get pregnant within the first few months. My original comment was partly sarcasm, saying that it wouldn't be out of the QUESTION if some of them DID schedule around their possible date of ovulation intentionally.  I don't believe it's necessary or anything, just that if a girl knew her cycle really well (and some of us with hormone-related health problems HAVE to track these things), and was also Quiverfull, she might think it was extra special to conceive almost exactly on her wedding night. :D I'm poking fun.

Edited by luxfilia
further explanation (sigh)
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

I didn't mean that they would feel ovulation coming on and plan a wedding for the next few days. LOL! I meant that one could guess when they were likely to be ovulating within an average (to them) cycle. If the symptoms happen at the same time each month, then that would imply it will happen again the following months. And yes, of course, you have a pretty good chance (I think an average "healthy" person has a 30% chance each month) of getting pregnant if you schedule away from your period. But some people really can predict their period months in advance. And not just some people, but MANY people. It's just true.
 

There are also apps nowadays that will track this sort of thing for you and I wouldn't be surprised if these are also put to use by these girls.  Just tell it every month the day your period starts and voila, it will figure out your average cycle length, most likely fertile period, etc.  If I took 10 minutes right now I could figure out when I'm probably going to have my period 6 months from now pretty easily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, dramallama said:

There are also apps nowadays that will track this sort of thing for you and I wouldn't be surprised if these are also put to use by these girls.  Just tell it every month the day your period starts and voila, it will figure out your average cycle length, most likely fertile period, etc.  If I took 10 minutes right now I could figure out when I'm probably going to have my period 6 months from now pretty easily.

Yes, I've used one for years (I also mentioned this earlier). :) The apps aren't always accurate for those with irregularities, but can really help with tracking and at least estimating. 

I feel like this topic keeps getting rehashed. We all probably have a pretty good understanding of how our bodies work. (If not, we probably THINK we do. LOL.) I was really just saying that I could see some fundies understanding their own bodies, too, and using that to their advantage (although they don't HAVE to, as many people get pregnant quite quickly regardless of putting any thought into it). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Bethany and Dan Beasley had their third,  a little boy, per her Instagram.  He is very cute! It looks like maybe a home birth.....

Name is Everett William :)

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, even if the fundies were just trying to avoid having their period on their honeymoon they would probably schedule it 7-10 days after their expected start of flow that month.  They have such short engagements that it's completely likely for them to predict that.  They just end up having their honeymoon during their most fertile time.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jinger ended up choosing her date partly based on that.  We all expected her to get married 1-2 weeks earlier based on when she got engaged and the fact that her anniversary is only a few days after her sister's.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1.12.2016 at 4:06 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

But I can see someone like Michael Bates Keilen really enjoying that first year alone with Brandon. So sure she's probably thinking about babies and wanting one since she was raised to believe it's the end all be all best thing ever. But I can also see her enjoying the alone time with him.

 

On 1.12.2016 at 10:19 PM, teachergirl said:

Bethany and Dan Beasley had their third,  a little boy, per her Instagram.  He is very cute! It looks like maybe a home birth.....

Did she have a homebirth with the older ones? I can't remember. I like the fact that her kids are spaced out. They have nice age gaps and Bethany really seems to be enjoying her kids. And although there probably will be more in the future, she will never have to deal with the 6 kids under 5 insanity that some ladies have to put up with and where it is all about surviving not spending quality time with your children.

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nice name. I'm always relieved when a fundie doesn't go with some heinous name like Heistheway.

Me, too. If I lived in an english speaking country I could totally see myself naming a boy William Everett.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After a miscarriage this Summer (reported by her husband in a ministry bulletin), Courtney of Sweet Tea & Buttermilk is apparently expecting once again. I checked her Instagram today, and though it's still set to private, she HAS updated her personal header to reflect that she's the "Mom of 8 kids + 2 Angels". The child she lost earlier this year would have been #8, and is now presumably one of the "angels". Due date and details unknown; this will be her 10 pregnancy and 8th child if everything goes well. She and her husband currently have 6 boys with monosyllabic "C" names (including one set of twins), and one daughter, Callie. 

 

  • Upvote 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sigh, I was hoping Courtney would wait a little while longer for another baby. Her body really needs a longer rest. 

Does anyone know when she had her first miscarriage? Before her eldest child?

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Sigh, I was hoping Courtney would wait a little while longer for another baby. Her body really needs a longer rest. 

Does anyone know when she had her first miscarriage? Before her eldest child?

It seems to have been before the eldest was born but I have it listed with a question mark. It seems likely, they were married for 17 months before the eldest was born; her longest breaks between kids up until this current miscarriage were between Clint and Clay (1 & 2) at 16 months and between Callie and Cash (4 & 5) at 15 months.

Edited by Bethella
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Bethella said:

It seems to have been before the eldest was born but I have it listed with a question mark. It seems likely, they were married for 17 months before the eldest was born; her longest breaks between kids up until this current miscarriage were between Clint and Clay (1 & 2) at 16 months and between Callie and Cash (4 & 5) at 15 months.

Thanks. I have similar months for her births, too - and those are what I find to be "normal" intervals for fundies, except for the first birth (usually it's about 12-14 months). So, you are probably right it was bfore Clint. 

Man, she has been pregnant 9 times in the last 8 years. :( This will be the first year she has not had a new baby since 2009. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate to think of any wanted pregnancy ending in a loss, but for the sake of Courtney's health and her children's well-being, I'm glad that there is at least one year this decade that she isn't distracted with a newborn. Her twins are BARELY over a year in age. 

I'm not sure when she updated the Instagram header, but I think it was pretty recently. It's fair to assume that she did that after confirming a new pregnancy. Therefore, I'm guessing she conceived no later than October. Assuming she wasn't pregnant at the time of the church newsletter post in August (because Chris almost certainly would have mentioned it if she were), she's probably due sometime next Summer.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Totally not surprised. But, still somewhat disgusted.

I don't think their god intended women to be pregnant 9 out of every 12 months every single damn year.

Courtney's husband needs to learn to please himself once in a while, she needs to say no once in a while, and her body needs a break.

She miscarried no doubt because her body could not sustain a pregnancy so soon after it carried and nourished twins, which was also right on top of the last pregnancy.

I don't see her life ending well with these constant pregnancies.

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couldn't see if this had been mentioned upthread, but it looks like Hannah Burnett Dornink is expecting again based on family pictures on the Burnett Family Blog.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maple802 said:

Couldn't see if this had been mentioned upthread, but it looks like Hannah Burnett Dornink is expecting again based on family pictures on the Burnett Family Blog.

Damn. I wonder how far along she is? Ransom was just born in January. *imagines a rabbit munching on a carrot*

Also, count me amongst those with mixed feelings about Courtney expecting again. I felt horrible about her miscarrying since despite their presumed parenting methods, this was clearly a very wanted baby, so deep down I'm kind of happy. But it's also obvious that her body very much needs a break from so many pregnancies...

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just saw David and Priscilla's instagram with Kathryn Staddon in the background placing two hands on her belly. Boy that didn't take too long! I think she might've had beat Jill Duggar with this one. Married in LATE July and now due with a baby in April....

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I just saw David and Priscilla's instagram with Kathryn Staddon in the background placing two hands on her belly. Boy that didn't take too long! I think she might've had beat Jill Duggar with this one. Married in LATE July and now due with a baby in April....

And it seems like only yesterday they posted that long ridiculous love story. She must've gotten pregnant on her wedding night. :-/

I would hate that the whole world knew exactly when I lost my virginity and when it was most likely that I conceived. 

This is why I like sex before marriage. No one in my family has any clue as to when I lost my v card. 

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I just saw David and Priscilla's instagram with Kathryn Staddon in the background placing two hands on her belly. Boy that didn't take too long! I think she might've had beat Jill Duggar with this one. Married in LATE July and now due with a baby in April....

Alyssa Campagna Morton is the same way. Married 3/26/16 and due 1/1/17.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Bethella locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.