IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

It really seems that Jana does not want to get married at all or at least yet. I really do hope she does not get married before being in her 30s because that means less blessings and a more mature guy (probably).

Sometimes I have the impression she can be really stubborn which is good in her situation. Jana is not a poor old maid, I see it as a lucky escape so far!! Lucky escapes from all the mini JimBobs, mini Joshs, David Wallers and Michael Pearls out there. Go Jana!! Do not get married to one of those creepers.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's almost impossible to know what Jana REALLY wants since she can't say anything close to "I don't want children."  She could be desperate to marry and have 20 of her own or she could be counting the days til Josie is grown and she is finally free of kids. 

She comes off as shy or quiet, maybe timid. If she is those things, perhaps the unknown of hitching herself to some stranger you're required to be with for your entire life is terrifying for her. Her current situation may feel safer. Plus since M's baby factor has ceased production, Jana's job is just going to get lighter and lighter as the kids grow. 

Yeah - Jana may be alone with on one her age around, but her life is getting easier by the year.  Minimal childcare as while Josie needs supervision & interaction - she should be independent in the washing/dressing/toileting aspects.  All of the youngest ones are transitioning from creating mess to cleaning mess and doing  other chores.  Leaving her with less work and a more managerial role.

Why would she want to go back to the days of running a house surrounded by littles and having to do things herself.

She more than any other Duggar would have seen the impact the continuous pregnancy and childbirth and small children had on her mother.  She would have seen and felt the impact of M's laundry room break down more than the others (as oldest girl, she would have been in the home more than Josh & JD and had more expectations to help her mother than Jill).

The best way for her to combine respecting her parents with avoiding her mother's fate is to delay marriage, each year she does it, is one less baby she can acceptably not have.

Jessa had her first at 23 - 20 years of fertility until 43 - a baby every 18 months and no twins = 13 babies

Jana - announces soon - earliest a first baby will be is aged 27, that's 15 years of fertility - until 43 - a baby 18 monthly & no twins = 10 babes

Obviously fertility changes and everyone is different - so these are rough estimates - but it shows that every year Jana delays marriage is a way she can subtly control her fertility without abandoning quiverfull ideology.

I don't know how she can be in that house 24/7 & not just shout to JB/M, "I DON'T want to have 19 babies!"

can you just see their faces?

I have to wonder...What to the MEN have to say about this fertility clusterfuck. Derrick will do whatever Jill wants but Ben...I don't think he's recovered from Spud's birth yet. I can see him saying, "Maybe one more, that's it." And I can see her being ok w/that. But these guys seem to go into this w/o much thought to what's going on in the girl's head.

Jeremy is Italian so maybe he's ok w/it. Not all fundies are quiverful. Are they?

In the show when they were building TTH it showed all of the older children with power tools and using them to help build the house.  I am sure the older girls are all proficient with small jobs.  In counting on , when building the tree house, the older girls were measuring and sawing the timber to the correct length.

I suspect that the gender job line is not adhered to as strictly in real life compared to on the show.  I am sure one of the older boys has been shown to be comfortable in the kitchen ? Jer. I can't remember.

JB didn't mind letting the girls getting involved, not because of any open mindness on his part, but just because he needed the free labour. He didn't mind deviating from the stupid gender job line then, but not once has a boy entered the laundry room.

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Not all fundies are quiverful. Are they?

No, not all fundies are quvierful and not all quiverful are fundies.

I've known quite a few evangelical quiverful, many Catholics, and even three Eastern Orthodox families.

Conversely, I know a lot of fundie families who practice and expect their kids to practice birth control.   One fundie woman I know is a bit of an outlier.  She was on BC pills for 20 years and wanted zero children.  She did start on the pills before so much of the fundie world proclaimed they caused abortions.  She hasn't believed that particular line.

On 7/1/2016 at 7:12 PM, ksgranola1 said:

Not all fundies are quiverful. Are they?

Fundamentalists are defined more as legalistic and biblically close minded (by which I mean they don't consider alternative views to be valid or worth respecting). Fundamentalists are *usually* conservative socio-politically and are *always* hard line about whatever convictions they have being reflected in their country's legal structure, unwilling to consider, accept, or tolerate other views. They want to impose their ways of thinking and living on others. They see non-(insert their particular brand of fundamentalism here) people as only lost souls bound for hell or irretrievably wrong or as potential converts (wording may vary based on fundie flavor). There are all kinds of fundies, so not all of them are quiverful.

However, any Duggar courter would need to at least pay lip service to quiverful, because it is something that IBLP/ATI fundie fathers absolutely ask about when they are approached by a young man. I think out of Ben, Derick, and Jeremy (who we admittedly know little about) I would place my money on Derick being most willing to limit birth. He DOES seem to care about Jill and if her life was at risk I think he would consider it if she wanted to. But I don't think she would because she has drunk deep of the kool aid. Ben comes off as a goofy kid who just wanted to bang, but beneath that lackluster surface is a world of strict and legalistic beliefs that have come out in his youtube videos, blog posts, and social media. I could definitely see him having a reduced sex drive and praying to the lord not to give him another child for a while due to the trauma of Jessa's birth, but I can't see him affirmatively looking to limit either. Jeremy is an unknown quality right now, but he has passed JB's questions (which almost certainly included IBLP standards) and is a newly returned fundie, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was hard line against birth control too.

Just my opinion though!

On 02/07/2016 at 2:06 AM, Larry said:

JB didn't mind letting the girls getting involved, not because of any open mindness on his part, but just because he needed the free labour. He didn't mind deviating from the stupid gender job line then, but not once has a boy entered the laundry room.

I noticed that during the segment (I can't remember, was it Counting On, or during the main show?) where they "switched gender roles"  :pb_rollseyes: the girls all did things like change the oil in a car - manly things, but did any boys do the laundry or the cooking?

Nope.

The boys made tater tot casserole & were kindof bad at it, as I remember.

I've seen a number of stupid leghumpers post on pictures of Jana saying that they want their son to marry Jana. Last one I saw said her son should marry Jana because she knows Michelle and JB would like him. These people piss me off for a lot of reasons but not one of them wonders if Jana would actually like their precious sons, because clearly that is not important.

21 minutes ago, religiouslyconfused said:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/07/blind-items-revealed-4-516.html

The big Duggar blind about Jana living on her own is finally revealed! 

What is the proof?  Where did she live when she moved out?  Who is the biracial divorced guy she supposedly hooks up with?  

Nothing is really "revealed" if you don't have some support!

4 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

What is the proof?  Where did she live when she moved out?  Who is the biracial divorced guy she supposedly hooks up with?  

Agreed - but when you consider this guy has been doing this site going on almost 10 years and has yet to be sued, much less publish retractions, despite some pretty juicy reveals, it does lend some viability ;) 

39 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

There's no way that can be true. Jana? The girl who doesn't know what rap music is, the girl who hasn't held hands with anybody (and has been taught all her life that hand holding is only for engaged couples), doesn't watch tv, has never been actually seen alone, or who has been drinking (willingfully) Kool-Aid all her life? Yeah ok lol. Isn't that site known for being fake? If that was even half true, that would be like one of the most shocking events in fundy world.

3 minutes ago, religiouslyconfused said:

CDAN should be taken with a grain of salt! 

Is that grain of salt the size of an iceberg? 

I don't believe that at all. There would be at least a tiny bit of info leaked about her living on her own. Someone would've noticed something if she was gone for 3 whole months and screwing some dude. 

CDAN has a disclaimer on it more or less stating that they make things up and it could be fiction. 

I do know that CDAN had a blind that predicted that Josh Duggar had cheated on Anna several months before the AM scandal! 

Weren't there rumours years ago about Jana texting a guy without asking her parents first and she got in trouble for it. Or have I made that one up in my head, it is 3am where I am :pb_confused:

Jana was the one saying that she was looking around wondering if people had masks on and were not who they appeared to be after the Josh scandals. So I find it hard to imagine she would be wearing a mask herself and leading her own double life.

There were rumors of Jana going to a restaurant with friends. You never know what happens when the cameras are turned off. Sometimes it is possible to live a double life when nobody has the cameras on. Maybe she has people that can keep secrets and not let the media or the tabloids know. Or someone from TLC knows this or is making it up to send to CDAN! Or this blind was from a while back or a publicity stunt to promote the Counting on show! 

On July 1, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Kira said:

Looks like TLC is at it again. They hilariously failed the first time showing Jana as miss power tool girl (or I should say tape measure girl since all she did was measure something and then did nothing) and now there filming her doing another silly project.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived