IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, this will be the third younger sister to get married, and we have no idea what Jana thinks about it. Is she sad/mad it's not her? Is she glad not to have to be joyfully available? We really have no clue as to the real Duggars. They put on a good face...and then Joshgate happened. There's something rotten in Duggarville.

This is it, in a nutshell - we really don't know who the real Duggars are, or what goes on behind their closed doors.  We suspect we do, but we don't know everything.  I suspect we don't know the half of the Duggar-gates out there (and I'm speaking broadly, not necessarily about sex here)

Very telling for me was one of the many interviews with the whole family present, where everybody had to listen to Michelle talk about sex.  This was right before the Josh scandal broke in May.  Michelle brought up how she used to mow her lawn in a bathing suit and felt sorry for the guy next store who saw her, commenting that his desires were "on her".  Jana clearly said something under her breath, looking down. Very revealing, IMO.  Shows she has a brain.  There are so many reasons why she doesn't want to marry.  Maybe she sees her father and mother and says, um, no.  Maybe this is reinforced by what we don't know about her sisters and their husbands, or Josh and Anna.  Maybe she'll wait a few more years because she's helped raise about 15 kids, maybe she's  done.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure we should feel too bad for Jana.  She may be perfectly content waiting for Mr. Right to come along--each year she waits is one less "blessing" she will be forced to carry, deliver and raise. The closer she gets to 30, the more rapidly her fertility index decreases.  Heck, she might not want ANY "blessings", after all, she's already raised at least 10 if you take into consideration the Duggar girls start raising babies when they're 8!

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, this will be the third younger sister to get married, and we have no idea what Jana thinks about it. Is she sad/mad it's not her? Is she glad not to have to be joyfully available? We really have no clue as to the real Duggars. They put on a good face...and then Joshgate happened. There's something rotten in Duggarville.

I asked myself the same thing. I do find it quite impressive that the Duggars were able to keep Jinger's developing courtship under wraps. I mean how many of us suspected that was going to happen and with whom? I know it took me by surprise. So this has been in development for months, I believe they have said since towards the end of last year.

That means Jana most likely would of known about this during the filming of the three Counting On episodes that came out last year. And she would have obviously been well aware of Jinger's special friend during the first season of the show this year. How does she prob feel about it? In all the questions about courtship they asked her during the season, she seemed pretty neutral and normal IMO. I personally don't think she's panicking or what not. I'm sure Ma and Pa Duggar have done a good job instructing her to wait wait wait. 

59 minutes ago, LilahBelle said:

This is it, in a nutshell - we really don't know who the real Duggars are, or what goes on behind their closed doors.  We suspect we do, but we don't know everything.  I suspect we don't know the half of the Duggar-gates out there (and I'm speaking broadly, not necessarily about sex here)

Very telling for me was one of the many interviews with the whole family present, where everybody had to listen to Michelle talk about sex.  This was right before the Josh scandal broke in May.  Michelle brought up how she used to mow her lawn in a bathing suit and felt sorry for the guy next store who saw her, commenting that his desires were "on her".  Jana clearly said something under her breath, looking down. Very revealing, IMO.  Shows she has a brain.  There are so many reasons why she doesn't want to marry.  Maybe she sees her father and mother and says, um, no.  Maybe this is reinforced by what we don't know about her sisters and their husbands, or Josh and Anna.  Maybe she'll wait a few more years because she's helped raise about 15 kids, maybe she's  done.

I must have missed that. What episode was that from?

15 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

<snip> I do find it quite impressive that the Duggars were able to keep Jinger's developing courtship under wraps. I mean how many of us suspected that was going to happen and with whom? <snip>

Derrick, Ben and Jeremy have 1 thing in common, if I remember correctly, none of them were on our list of unmarried fundies. If this trend keeps up, we may never predict who they will marry. 

(Ben is the only one that might have been on the list but I have no idea.)

Derick, Ben, and Jeremy were all unknown prior to courting a Duggar. Jeremy was in a birthday video for a howler (around the time Big Sandy was happening). I don't know, every time a Duggar girl is within feet of a young man who isn't a brother courting speculation begins. Maybe we will predict a legitimate couple before an official announcement, but I don't think so. The Duggars are good at being secretive towards the public.....obviously. 

8 hours ago, LilahBelle said:

That's what I've thought for a while now. I think, if that family kept the molestations relatively under the carpet (I say relatively because there were some whispers of it beforehand), what other skeletons are there in those closets? It may not be a sex scandal - it could be, hypothetically, financial issues or an abuse situation, or something totally different. Another Duggar-gate scandal would not surprise me at all. 

12 hours ago, barbecutie said:

Every time I see the title of this thread, my immediate thought has always been "Jana has no future".

But her future is not "lost".. She's only 26.... The (11)Smiths Girls married after 30.... Mélissa Smith married Ross Moore (26 years old) when she was 37 years old..... A legal cougar.....

Perhaps, Jana is gonna be a cougar, let's hope...

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:43 PM, barbecutie said:

Every time I see the title of this thread, my immediate thought has always been "Jana has no future".

Same here.  I don't think I read part one but Im surprised there is enough discussion to fill up a thread seeing as she is seemingly going nowhere.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:25 PM, Chickenbutt said:

So if Jana never marries, can she move out of Duggarville and get an apartment of her own, or by Duggar (Gothard) standards does she have to live with her parents for the rest of her (their) life?

I didn't move out of my mother's house until I was in my early 30's, so I really have nothing to say against someone living at home when he/she is "older" than the norm. However, I've been working since having a paper route in high school a gazillion years ago, went to college & didn't fully live off of my mother & everyone else that was in the house at the time (if I didn't/wasn't able to help out financially, I helped out in other ways; ie, chores, etc). Not trying to come off as perfect by any means, by the way. :my_blush:

That being said, everyone's situation is different (so the societal expectations about such things should really be thrown away). My wish is that Jana gets the life that she deserves; well, her & the other at-home kids, too.  

15 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I didn't move out of my mother's house until I was in my early 30's, so I really have nothing to say against someone living at home when he/she is "older" than the norm. However, I've been working since having a paper route in high school a gazillion years ago, went to college & didn't fully live off of my mother & everyone else that was in the house at the time (if I didn't/wasn't able to help out financially, I helped out in other ways; ie, chores, etc). Not trying to come off as perfect by any means, by the way. :my_blush:

That being said, everyone's situation is different (so the societal expectations about such things should really be thrown away). My wish is that Jana gets the life that she deserves; well, her & the other at-home kids, too.  

It's one thing to live at home because you're busy building a career, saving for your own home, taking care of parents or simply because it's convenient  etc., but being forced to live at home because Jesus is just sad. 

Jana doesn't seem to do much of anything just for herself. That tree house story line was weird to me. She has never alluded to any particular passion like Jinger and her photography or Jill and her midwifery, JD got to get his pilots license, I still don't know what Jessa is passionate about about besides Jessa. In one of the early specials or episodes Josh was talking about how they all had different hobbies. He said Jana liked soup. ... yes, soup.

I guess at least while the show is still on the air her "job" is to be a Duggar, doing talking heads from time to time and taking care of her mother's kids while waiting to be turned into a broodmare for some fundie.

What makes me sad for her and all the Duggar kids really is their lack of options. They have a limited education and no real way to overcome that considering how short their leashes are kept by JB & Michelle. If one of them ever said hey, I want to be a mechanic in a real garage or an electrician or a nurse in a hospital or anything that would allow them to explore the world through education beyond the dining room table  and real work experiences they would probably be very strongly discouraged if not denied outright. Josh had a shot when he moved to DC but he crashed and burned in such spectacular fashion that I'm guessing the leashes got even shorter back in the TTH

I just saw a commercial for a new show (well, new to me) on Fox called Home Free hosted by Tim Tebow. Maybe this is what Jana has been waiting for! She could work along side her handsome, fundy husband hosting a TV show and putting her construction skills to use.

1 hour ago, Purrl said:

I just saw a commercial for a new show (well, new to me) on Fox called Home Free hosted by Tim Tebow. Maybe this is what Jana has been waiting for! She could work along side her handsome, fundy husband hosting a TV show and putting her construction skills to use.

Didn't someone (the media?) try to match Jana and Tebow a few years ago> It was a no go, I guess he is not that far gone.

24 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Didn't someone (the media?) try to match Jana and Tebow a few years ago> It was a no go, I guess he is not that far gone.

It was more recent. In the past year i think

Just gonna leave this here... Spotted on the 'gram. Jana's a fixer upper pro!

*Sorry, can't post pic!*

I removed it! I don't think that account was private when I started following it, since I don't usually bother with private accounts unless I know the person IRL, so I didn't realize! My bad!

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Just gonna leave this here... Spotted on the 'gram. Jana's a fixer upper pro!

*Sorry, can't post pic!*

I wonder if this like her family members calling her a pro musician, electrician, etc.? (Should I even ask?) When have we seen Jana even pick up a screwdriver? I know we only see a small window in their lives but I just can't imagine Jana fixing anything except a sandwich for her brothers. every time they say things like this, I autmatcally picture her doing these huge arduous tasks when it's probably simple mundane tasks so maybe it's just me. Or maybe cause they're friends, they exaggerate to really complement her  

5 hours ago, Purrl said:

It's funny trying to imagine Tebow in fundy ville. JB would love that cause the attention it would bring but he is the dude hat has gotten in front of national TV and danced. He probably has good intentions in his work but there is no doubt he loves the attention and fame. 

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I wonder if this like her family members calling her a pro musician, electrician, etc.? (Should I even ask?) When have we seen Jana even pick up a screwdriver? I know we only see a small window in their lives but I just can't imagine Jana fixing anything except a sandwich for her brothers. every time they say things like this, I autmatcally picture her doing these huge arduous tasks when it's probably simple mundane tasks so maybe it's just me. Or maybe cause they're friends, they exaggerate to really complement her  

It's funny trying to imagine Tebow in fundy ville. JB would love that cause the attention it would bring but he is the dude hat has gotten in front of national TV and danced. He probably has good intentions in his work but there is no doubt he loves the attention and fame. 

Well, she does know how to use a tile cutting saw and seems to know how to measure, cut and install the tile.  And has for a while.  She did all the tiling to the Bateses home remodel.  The show acted like it was her idea for the tree (?) house, but then it didn't really show her involved in it besides going to the lumber store to get the supplies. 

I still think Jana and Tim Tebow would be a really good match.  Not to mention how jealous Jessa would be!  Haha.   

Way way back I think there was an episode of 17 kids and counting were JB and M went away for 'sweet fellowship' and JB told the kids to do up the en suite bathroom in their parents room. During the project one of the older girls (Jinger) mentioned that JB said that Jana should have been born a boy because she's the one who knew how to get things done. Which is wrong on lots of levels (only boys can be leaders etc and JD was right there and it felt oddly like a slight to him)  but suggests maybe Jana does know how to do more traditionally 'male' DIY projects.

She's old enough that when they built the TTH she would have helped.  She probably does know how to do things.  Plus if you've got two chores - child care helper or person on a construction site - you're going to send the older more responsible kid to the construction site and keep the younger one home to help entertain children.  During the TTH build, Joe would have been too young to do much, thus leaving JB with only Josh, JD and girls to be divided btw the build and helping M with babies.

1 hour ago, EmainMacha said:

Way way back I think there was an episode of 17 kids and counting were JB and M went away for 'sweet fellowship' and JB told the kids to do up the en suite bathroom in their parents room. During the project one of the older girls (Jinger) mentioned that JB said that Jana should have been born a boy because she's the one who knew how to get things done. Which is wrong on lots of levels (only boys can be leaders etc and JD was right there and it felt oddly like a slight to him)  but suggests maybe Jana does know how to do more traditionally 'male' DIY projects.

How infuriating. But alas, since Jana is a girl she is destined to wait for life to happen to her instead of "getting things done?" 

If it weren't for Jana, I strongly doubt anything at the TTH would get done. 

16 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

That's what made me think of the match. :)

I know this has been discussed before probably... but Jinger is on her way down the aisle pretty much. There has been speculation about Joy courting. If Joy gets married as well... that means the next girl in the house is Johannah. Who is 15 years younger than Jana. 

Poor Jana. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Joy pulls an Alyssa Bates and gets married young just to get the hell out of the madhouse.

18 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I know this has been discussed before probably... but Jinger is on her way down the aisle pretty much. There has been speculation about Joy courting. If Joy gets married as well... that means the next girl in the house is Johannah. Who is 15 years younger than Jana. 

Poor Jana. 

Maybe after Joy marries, if Jana is still unmarried, she can go stay with one of her married sisters, or (if JD marries) a brother and sis-in-law.  And, who knows, staying with one of her siblings might give her a chance to meet a man who may like her for herself, not as an extension of the Duggar "mission".

I honestly think that Jana may be turned off by the sort of man who is interested in courting "a Duggar daughter."  She may need to see that a man is interested in her, not a connection with her family and "fame."

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived