IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

5 hours ago, sansan said:

In this day and age of the Duggars trying to keep a stronghold this could even be a "leak" to keep the interest peaked.  Pissed ?, me thinks not.

And Joy-Anna looks thinner to me in the above picture, like losing your appetite when you are in love. Hmmm.

yes and this goes along with articles I've seen about season 3 not happening. I don't remember which one it was. It was trending number 2 on Google.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naw, the Duggars like to control their own press. If it "leaks," it will be through their website or, more likely, People, after the Jinger wedding pics are released. 

IF there's a courtship. You can't tell if there's a hole in Jinger's necklace, as it's at an angle so you can't really see the front clearly. I'm in the "bridesmaids' gifts" camp. 

They would NEVER allow Joy to wear a necklace like that in a picture they posted themselves without an announcement. It would be unseemly! *clutches pearls* Seriously, they keep this shit under wraps until they can get someone to pay them for the news. I don't know if the Duggars were aware of the pictures that got out the weekend before Jinger got engaged that showed Jessa pretty obviously pregnant. In the pictures released by People, she hid behind Spurge and made her formal announcement later. That's just how the Duggars roll now with their PR peeps. 

10 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

I seem to have misplaced my fundie dictionary.  What is this "getting to know" someone thing they have mentioned repeatedly?  I thought it was either courting or nothing. 

Think Ben Seewald all around Jessa in the Flea Market episode - he was all around her already GETTING TO KNOW her - he was in every frame of all her scenes...so they were "getting to know" EACH ON FILM.  By that time they knew each other plenty ...

Second language speaker here, but am I correct to think that  the thread title should be "Does Joy have a special friend?" 

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

Second language speaker here, but am I correct to think that  the thread title should be "Does Joy have a special friend?" 

You are correct. It should be have.

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

You're correct. I'm guessing it was a typo. I've been thoroughly enjoyjng it though because it's on a Duggar thread and SOTDRT and everything. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, littlemommy said:

I'm imagining it as an unternet meme. Joy can has courtship? Joy can has pants? 

I KNOW I made a f***** mistake in the headline of the thread but I just didn't know how to correct that. If you know then, please, tell me.

English is only my third language.

ps.: It used to be: Joy has a boyfriend?

12 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Dont sweat it, we have all made mistakes.  And honestly, I didn't even notice until it was pointed out and English is my first (and only) language---and I am known to be a bit of a grammar geek :)

Third language?!  I am in awe of you!

10 minutes ago, xlurker said:

Dont sweat it, we have all made mistakes.  And honestly, I didn't even notice until it was pointed out and English is my first (and only) language---and I am known to be a bit of a grammer geek :)

Third language?!  I am in awe of you!

I wrote in another thread that I've just finished my 100+ pages master's thesis, which I had to write in english btw, and it was so difficult for me, I've kind of had enough a little bit, so I'm still a little tense at the moment :-)

German is my native language, second language is french.

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

I KNOW I made a f***** mistake in the headline of the thread but I just didn't know how to correct that. If you know then, please, tell me.

It's okay, we're just joking around. :) I can barely make a joke in one language. AND I misspelled internet in my post. 

I do think 19 is pretty young to get married.  But since becoming a wife and mother is the only life option acceptable to fundy women, in the girls' minds, they would probably rather marry younger rather than later.

After all, what else do they have going for them?  Staying home and parenting someone else's children?

Sad. :my_sad:

I'm in the bridesmaids gift camp. It seems like something cheesy and TLC filmed. 

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

As an English is my only language person, who can't spell or type I feel your pain. 

56 minutes ago, PiecesofmyHeart said:

I do think 19 is pretty young to get married.  But since becoming a wife and mother is the only life option acceptable to fundy women, in the girls' minds, they would probably rather marry younger rather than later.

After all, what else do they have going for them?  Staying home and parenting someone else's children?

Sad. :my_sad:

Dammit I read "sad" in Trump's voice because he says that about people so often.

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hey guys don't forget, Michelle was 17 when she got married.

:my_confused:

Michelle also:

Went to school and graduated from HS

Worked

Wore pants

Waterskied, swam, was a cheerleader

Dated, kissed, frontal hugged

In Duggar Girl Years, Michelle was more like 35 when she married.

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

Necklace aside, what's with that eyeliner?  Super-thick on top, but only runs halfway round the lower eyelid?  Is that a thing??

Eyeliner is 'supposed' to go only from the outer iris to the outside corner of the eye, on the lower......  according to professional makeup artists.

The usual  Duggar practice, notwithstanding.

Ruth Wissman and was recently married, I suppose that's the  wedding in question? Not many photos online yet.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle also:

was a cheerleader

Don't worry, nobody will ever forget that one, because Jim Bob won't let them ;)

5 hours ago, PiecesofmyHeart said:

If you're not allowed to pursue higher education or get a job, I suppose having anything to fill your day that's your own (and not your parents'/siblings thing) must seem exciting. If marriage is where they can get their first taste of individualism (even within the confines of their beliefs), I wouldn't blame any of them for getting married ASAP. 

13 hours ago, littlemommy said:

I'm imagining it as an unternet meme. Joy can has courtship? Joy can has pants? 

is it can be fellowship tiem now? I am loving this.

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm in the bridesmaids gift camp. It seems like something cheesy and TLC filmed. 

The Duggars would never knowingly post a big ole hint like that if there was something to it. That's why I'm going with bridesmaid gift. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived