IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

5 minutes ago, sansan said:

In this day and age of the Duggars trying to keep a stronghold this could even be a "leak" to keep the interest peaked.  Pissed ?, me thinks not.

And Joy-Anna looks thinner to me in the above picture, like losing your appetite when you are in love. Hmmm.

Good point. could be an intentional leak, hmmm, why not

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Because I'm crazy.  Its a cheap $22 Necklace could be a bridesmaids gift, could be from a 'friend' or maybe Joy just loves TX, Big Sandy, JTTH, ATI, and now Jing. 

I thought bridesmaids gift too, because I'm convinced Jinger's wedding is this weekend. And then Jinger will move away to Dangerous Cintral America Texas.

She is old enough to "date"... and keep dating for a few years. And only that. Please, can we have something normal instead of a rushed courtship-engagement=wedding?

Shared necklace I guess (although i can't see the heart). I think Joy is too young too! But I also got the feeling she might be at least interested in someone (tone I her comments this season).

texas.png

22 minutes ago, epic fail said:

Shared necklace I guess (although i can't see the heart). I think Joy is too young too! But I also got the feeling she might be at least interested in someone (tone I her comments this season).

texas.png

Hey good catch. I've also noticed that Jinger and Jana have shared necklaces and charms before as well. 

50 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Since we are all speculating, the heart in Joy's necklace is no where near Laredo.

They have necklaces of a bunch of different states with a heart in them.  I don't think its for any city just a randomly placed heart. 

3 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Hey good catch. I've also noticed that Jinger and Jana have shared necklaces and charms before as well. 

I don't think honk this is the same necklace though. There isn't a heart in this one. 

25 minutes ago, epic fail said:

Spoiler

texas.png

At $22 she could have bought several of these, I'm going w/ bridesmaids gifts now. 

As for Joy, maybe she is "pre courting" which we all would call dating. She's talking to this dude to see if she wants to court him. I wouldn't mind her doing that with several different guys over the course of the next 5 or 6 years. 

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Or maybe she and Derick are just too tired at the end of the day to partake in sweet fellowship because they spent a good deal of time parenting their active son in CA.

This always comes to my mind, lol. The first year after our twins were born, even if we didn't have male and female factor infertility there'd have been little chance of another pregnancy! First kids can knock you on your ass, even if you know what to expect. :) 

10 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Jana should be allowed to move into grandma mary's old room

Dear god, no!  If she sleeps alone... she ... might... MASTURBATE!!!

11 hours ago, hollywood said:

Please no. Joy is still so young and I could never handle her doing the eye-sex look or having Jim Bob make perverted comments about her having sex on her wedding night. 

I totally get the sentiment and I don't want to see JB doing that to any of his kids, any age, but plenty of 18 year olds are having sex. It'd be awesome if Joy is seeing someone. The shitty part is that she probably isn't allowed to "see someone" unless she's thinking of marrying soon. 

True or not, I fear we are on a never ending cycle of "perhaps XYZ will break free!" XYZ starts courting "Ok, lost cause, perhaps ABC will do it!" ABC starts courting... etc repeat until Josie.

5 hours ago, Arix said:

That was a reference to his failed courtship with Marjorie Jackson.

It continues to amuse me that in Fundyville, two 18 year olds dating and breaking up (which is nothing short of TOTALLY NORMAL IRL) is a "failed courtship"  LOLOL

12 minutes ago, montyollie said:

After the amount of brainwashing they've had, I doubt even a solo bedroom would make them try. God would know. Side note, OMG, can you even imagine their wedding nights having never even like touched the area??? Must be scary, confusing and weird.

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't think honk this is the same necklace though. There isn't a heart in this one. 

Yeah. If both Jinger and Joy have one, it wouldn't make any sense that it was related to a possible courtship. I dorsally wish we had pictures of the wedding. Guess we're all gonna have to keep our eyes peeled.  

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

After the amount of brainwashing they've had, I doubt even a solo bedroom would make them try. God would know. Side note, OMG, can you even imagine their wedding nights having never even like touched the area??? Must be scary, confusing and weird.

I dunno.  I was raised fundie and even I (accidentally and not-so-accidentally) "touched the area".  I think most humans just do.  Then (if catholic, like I was) you confessed it and self-flaggelated or whatever, and if fundy-duggar-style christian, I guess you confess it to Jim Boob and he sends you to "rehab"

4 minutes ago, montyollie said:

I dunno.  I was raised fundie and even I (accidentally and not-so-accidentally) "touched the area".  I think most humans just do.  Then (if catholic, like I was) you confessed it and self-flaggelated or whatever, and if fundy-duggar-style christian, I guess you confess it to Jim Boob and he sends you to "rehab"

I was raised Catholic, but never really believed in god that I can recall (atheist now, hurray!), but omg the idea of confessing to masturbation to anyone as a teenager... horrifying! I remember thinking about sex a lot as a teen and being in church and feeling guilty or wondering what was wrong with me. But never in a million years would I have confessed to it. All I ever said in actual confession was "I fight with my brothers" lol 

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

I was raised Catholic, but never really believed in god that I can recall (atheist now, hurray!), but omg the idea of confessing to masturbation to anyone as a teenager... horrifying! I remember thinking about sex a lot as a teen and being in church and feeling guilty or wondering what was wrong with me. But never in a million years would I have confessed to it. All I ever said in actual confession was "I fight with my brothers" lol 

ROLFMAO I was raised in a strange fundie strain of catholicism, not unlike pentacostalism.  It was called 'the charismatic movement' and my mom would speak in tongues and faint on the altar (it was called ''being slain in the spirit").  All of that shit was so normal to me growing up, and I drank the kool aid as it was all that was in my bottle, so to speak, from birth.

<-- very loud and proud atheist and anti-theist now!  Check out my youtube channel... I have a lot of videos on there throughout my deconversion.  Same screen name (montyollie).  I haven't made videos in a few years though.  But yeah, I'm scarred from being raised in a cult.  It was NASTY.  I did confess that shit.  I thought I had to.

Do they really call her Joy-Joy?!?! I haven't seen an episode since they started Counting On because we have some amazing recaps here (Thanks @Buzzard!) but I don't remember them EVER calling her that... 

1 hour ago, montyollie said:

I wonder if that cousin adoptee is now in that room-The timing seems right for when GMM moved out.

4 hours ago, eye_browz said:

So, how quickly can we track down these wedding photos and see if we can find Joy and a "special friend" standing together? I assume that Leah Grady or one of her friends have posted these photos somewhere? FJ detectives, we need to figure this out.

I know who to call..

Ch-Ch-Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers!!

Lol, but seriously the FJ detectives are super sluths.

I seem to have misplaced my fundie dictionary.  What is this "getting to know" someone thing they have mentioned repeatedly?  I thought it was either courting or nothing. 

1 minute ago, Gossamer1 said:

I seem to have misplaced my fundie dictionary.  What is this "getting to know" someone thing they have mentioned repeatedly?  I thought it was either courting or nothing. 

It's the phase before courting, so they can decide if they want to marry the person. Because, as we all know, a few weeks of supervised text messaging is all you need to have a new "Best Friend" who is also your soulmate :56247968a3f2c_Come-here-baby-cakes-wink:

9 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

When your just 'friends' with the intention of Courtship.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived