IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

51 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I was looking at the YouTube profile who wrote the comment - she has a real profile pic and there are Christian videos on her channel. I thought it was a fake recently created profile or some crazy fan making up rumors, like we've seen In he past. But IMO this doesn't really look like that. It is quite possible that this person is associated with some Duggar friends and is on to something. If it is true, I wonder who Joy's friend is?

There was a girl with the same name posting stuff on the duggar family blog last year, and you can click on her name there which leads to a google account (or something) with a picture of what seems to be 9 fundie women leaning in for a picture together. at least 4 of these girls seem to be sisters, it looks like that at least.

from the photo it even seems to me that she has an identical twin sister.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/12/recap-counting-on-part-1.html

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week during the recap I mentioned how Joy was on a bed texting while Jana redid Jill's "guest" house.  In Duggardom, thats a sign of a relationship... just sayin... 

Just want to point out that fertility really isn't that simple. She could very well have her mother's fertility, but Derick may not be uber fertile. Or maybe both have normal fertility or low fertility and they just got lucky the first time around. Or maybe stress is playing a role. Or possibly poor nutrition (no clue what they eat.) Or maybe her periods took a while to regulate due to breastfeeding. Or maybe she and Derick are just too tired at the end of the day to partake in sweet fellowship because they spent a good deal of time parenting their active son in CA. Or so on and so on.
Prevention is possible of course, but I personally find it unlikely given their beliefs.

You said it better than i could. I just wanted to add that secondary infertility (infertility after having a child) is much more common than people realize. It's hard to cope with because after you have one, it is generally assumed that nothing is wrong. But bodies change and things don't necessarily stay so easy.

I hope Joy isn't involved in a relationship yet but I got a feeling from this season that she had something on the horizon. I guess we'll see.

44 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

There was a girl with the same name posting stuff on the duggar family blog last year, and you can click on her name there which leads to a google account (or something) with a picture of what seems to be 9 fundie women leaning in for a picture together. at least 4 of these girls seem to be sisters, it looks like that at least.

Good catch. 

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Last week during the recap I mentioned how Joy was on a bed texting while Jana redid Jill's "guest" house.  In Duggardom, thats a sign of a relationship... just sayin... 

What part was that? I remember you saying that but couldn't find the scene. I did see Joy texting against the fireplace I think it is during the scene when the Duggars are at Jessa's for the baby announcement. I also saw Jana on her phone during the scene when Jinger arrives at the Duggar house and her family congratulate her for the engagement but IMO didn't look suspicious or anything. She actually looked kind of pissed.

Just now, AnnaRuk09 said:

What part was that? I remember you saying that but couldn't find the scene. I did see Joy texting against the fireplace I think it is during the scene when the Duggars are at Jessa's for the baby announcement. I also saw Jana on her phone during the scene when Jinger arrives at the Duggar house and her family congratulate her for the engagement but IMO didn't look suspicious or anything. 

Its either right before or after when Jessa and Jana have their disagreement about the pictures.

For those interested, duggar Tumblr just posted the November (1st and 8th) counting on schedule for the "fill in" episodes leading up to Jinger's wedding episode. However, the wedding episode is yet to be announced. Looks like it's 100% flashback material folks, nothing new. The wedding  has to be either this weekend or next weekend. 

Two ideas on this thread. 

First, I can see Jessa following in Michelle's footsteps in more ways than one. I think Jessa, had she had the opportunity to attend a real school, would probably have been a cheerleader, like Michelle was. Continuing in Michelle's tradition, she seems like the girl most likely to pass her kids off to sister moms as quickly as possible, possibly even a la Kelly Bates.  I know she seems quite enamoured with Spurge, but we must remember, we never saw a young Michelle with Joshie. She may have been equally enamoured. She was several kids into her lifestyle when she had the laundry room breakdown. I also think Jessa and Bin may be the most prolific procreates too, considering Bin's age and how Jessa must be "joyfully available"

As for Joy, she strikes me as one of the two most likely to marry a Bates. (Not saying that she will, only that she is more likely than her siblings.) She has a close friendship with Carlin, at least as much as is allowed, and she seems to be closer to the Bates clan. As much as it disgusts me, I can see her marrying young, like Alyssa Bates, to get off her family's compound.

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

IRL it would be quite normal for an 18 year old to have a boyfriend. In fundie land it would be terrifying, because that leads to marriage and babies. Except for Josiah, but we don't talk about that.

why don't we talk about Josiah? Forgive me if this is majorly common knowledge I can't always keep up with you guys (I try so hard though) 

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

And when I typed the name Grady into the FJ search there was the names Hannah, Betsy and Rachel Grady (in the old thread of unmarried fundies), could they be sisters?

55 minutes ago, missegeno said:

You said it better than i could. I just wanted to add that secondary infertility (infertility after having a child) is much more common than people realize. It's hard to cope with because after you have one, it is generally assumed that nothing is wrong. But bodies change and things don't necessarily stay so easy.

I hope Joy isn't involved in a relationship yet but I got a feeling from this season that she had something on the horizon. I guess we'll see.

Yes that is true...I experienced it after having my first child. I am finally pregnant with my second after discovering I had low progesterone. I'm not sure about this, but Jill seemed to me to have been stressed  while in CA...that can affect your hormones. I wonder if they would ever go to a fertility doctor if necessary or just "leave it up to God".

7 minutes ago, friendofgreen said:

why don't we talk about Josiah? Forgive me if this is majorly common knowledge I can't always keep up with you guys (I try so hard though) 

That was a reference to his failed courtship with Marjorie Jackson.

6 minutes ago, Arix said:

That was a reference to his failed courtship with Marjorie Jackson.

oh yeah, I knew it failed but i thought maybe there was something I missed like a semi-scandal like he kissed marjorie's hand or some other sinful thing

Thank you for answering me though :D

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Maybe that is exactly why she said it? If she is already "getting to know" someone and is not acting out like that, it gives her a legit reason to make fun of her sister. I always hope that they would not feel the pressure marrying so young (harhar I was 22 and we knew each other for just one year and got engaged after three months- everyone was shocked)- From what I have seen of Joy she seems to be a bit more reasonable or better less infantile. But this can all be due to editing and/or the contrast to Jinger. L&E website reads this for her birthday: "Now that she has graduated from high school, Joy-Joy (as her family calls her) spends her days taking online Bible classes and helping out at home. Her future goals are to be involved in missions and politics, as well as to be a wife and mother. " The storyline is already getting prepared.

^ ohhhhh I didn't even think of it like that . . . that's quite possible! 
And hey maybeeee the L&E website description, or maybe it's just what they'll put for any girl over the age of 18 in the house?  I guess we'll see soon enough!

5 hours ago, JillyO said:

It's not just that. It's also the fact that she would be stuck in a bedroom all alone with four little girls. It'll be bad enough as it is once Jinger moves out, I imagine, since Jana is seven years older than Joy. But if Joy moved out too, Jana would be stuck with four seven-to-eleven year old girls. FUN!

You know as much as that would suck for the general population, I think she's so used to that already, that that might not be as big of a deal to her - so long she gets to leave the house and spend time with her sisters (and surely, she'll get plenty of time to do that, if anything, as their free babysitter).  They'll spin it like, "Jana loves to help us out, raising our children, because it's such good practice for when she'll become a mother *snicker*.  Plus, we have great fellowship, right before we leave for our date night, and when we come home two minutes after the babies are asleep.  It's a win-win for everyone!"

21 minutes ago, friendofgreen said:

The 'we' is the Duggars. It's not that we don't talk about Josiah, it's that the Duggars never mention his failed courtship.  

3 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

The 'we' is the Duggars. It's not that we don't talk about Josiah, it's that the Duggars never mention his failed courtship.  

gotcha, I'm sure a failed courtship falls in the same category as the joshy scandal

Oh mighty Odin, please let it not be so and if Joy is acourtin let it be some guy who is fundie-light and gets her the heck outta there. 

Anyone ever thought that if Joy was allowed she would totally be in something like rugby or some other full contact sport? Sure she would still be able to wear a dress from time to time but I imagine she would LIVE in jeans and a t-shirt.

6 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Oh mighty Odin, please let it not be so and if Joy is acourtin let it be some guy who is fundie-light and gets her the heck outta there. 

Anyone ever thought that if Joy was allowed she would totally be in something like rugby or some other full contact sport? Sure she would still be able to wear a dress from time to time but I imagine she would LIVE in jeans and a t-shirt.

I imagine Joy would play basketball, personally.

Just did some further research stalking. It appears that this Leah Grady is closely associated with the Wissman family, a family who are friends of the duggars and who have been featured at the duggar home for music if I remember correctly. People, we might have  something concrete here! I mean why would this person who is within the duggar circle just decide to bs it and make this up? It's possible but I don't know.

If Joy marries a Bates, please please please don't let it be Lawson! Trace seems sweet and wouldn't attention whore the hell out of their wedding. 

Boy I need to calm down on the duggar news and gossip today but I had to point this out! First, Joy is glowing! This was just posted on DFO Facebook. What I found interesting was her necklace, Could be nothing of course, don't want to run to conclusions. 

14633232_915248945275422_3828132633568106018_o.jpg

Maybe.  As some one else posted,  in the normal world,  an 18-19 year old girl with a boyfriend is not big news.  But in their crazy world,  they force it to take on huge meaning.  They actually create the whole 'giving away pieces of your heart' bullshit, but putting so much emphasis on courting. 
This means that every person they even consider dating, is looked at as a prospective husband/wife.  And with that import,  it is hard not to get your heart invested.  Their logic is so stupid

1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Boy I need to calm down on the duggar news and gossip today but I had to point this out! First, Joy is glowing! This was just posted on DFO Facebook. What I found interesting was her necklace, Could be nothing of course, don't want to run to conclusions. 

14633232_915248945275422_3828132633568106018_o.jpg

Texas with a little heart? That's odd since they don't live there. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Texas with a little heart? That's odd since they don't live there. 

That's exactly what I thought. The story gets fishier.

FullSizeRender.jpg

14 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Just did some further research stalking. It appears that this Leah Grady is closely associated with the Wissman family, a family who are friends of the duggars and who have been featured at the duggar home for music if I remember correctly. People, we might have  something concrete here! I mean why would this person who is within the duggar circle just decide to bs it and make this up? It's possible but I don't know.

Excellent! :-)

Where did you find the connection to the Wissmann family?

3 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

That's exactly what I thought. The story gets fishier.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I mean I guess it's possible she met someone through Jeremy but who knows. Maybe she just thinks it's a cute necklace. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived