IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

Does Joy have a boyfriend, special friend or whatever they are calling it these days?

Has anyone seen the comment on youtube (comment section of this week's episode)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

screenshot.png

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not for her,  she's too Young. Give her at least other 2/3 years

But is really possible that she will be the next 

Naah, I don't think so. She is young, she looks not interested in relationships. Also her parents and Jana need her in TTH after Jinger leave. 

If she is, I hope everyone will leave her alone and she will not be pressured to hurry the relationship for the show. The girl deserves her privicy. 

Of course the moment they go on camera to tell about their 'courtship rules', how they are dating with a pupose, and we get a  staged talk of the guy asking JB for 'permission', or -heaven forbid- a 'surprise' visit, then they are fair game. But honestly, I don't know how much more of that the universe can take.

If she is, I would imagine it must have happened after the cameras stopping rolling for recent filming, because at least based on the recent Counting episodes, it seemed like she was slyly teasing Jinger for how over the top lovey dovey her sister was being.  I mean, it's possible she's courting, but I guess I'd figure she'd be a little more compassionate to Jinger about she was acting then :P

And if she is, then I feel even worse for Jana . . . unless she's asexual, and genuinely not interested in getting married, then having yet another younger sister get married before her (especially in their culture), has to be devastating. 

I hope she doesn't yet! Joy is only 18. If she has her mother's fertility she could have as many kids as her mother. 

As many other have mentioned,  Jana not being married yet is both a blessing and a curse. She is still considered and treated as a child but she won't have to have so many children. Jill either doesn't have her mother's uber fertility or they are taking steps to prevent another pregnancy.  Jessa seems to have no problem getting pregnant. 

I guess we will find out via a People spread just before the next season.

23 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

I hope she doesn't yet! Joy is only 18. If she has her mother's fertility she could have as many kids as her mother. 

As many other have mentioned,  Jana not being married yet is both a blessing and a curse. She is still considered and treated as a child but she won't have to have so many children. Jill either doesn't have her mother's uber fertility or they are taking steps to prevent another pregnancy.  Jessa seems to have no problem getting pregnant. 

I guess we will find out via a People spread just before the next season.

Just want to point out that fertility really isn't that simple. She could very well have her mother's fertility, but Derick may not be uber fertile. Or maybe both have normal fertility or low fertility and they just got lucky the first time around. Or maybe stress is playing a role. Or possibly poor nutrition (no clue what they eat.) Or maybe her periods took a while to regulate due to breastfeeding. Or maybe she and Derick are just too tired at the end of the day to partake in sweet fellowship because they spent a good deal of time parenting their active son in CA. Or so on and so on.

Prevention is possible of course, but I personally find it unlikely given their beliefs.

I know all the Duggar girls seem too "young" to get married, but Joy seems (and is) really young. I hope that's not true. 

39 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

If she is, I would imagine it must have happened after the cameras stopping rolling for recent filming, because at least based on the recent Counting episodes, it seemed like she was slyly teasing Jinger for how over the top lovey dovey her sister was being.  I mean, it's possible she's courting, but I guess I'd figure she'd be a little more compassionate to Jinger about she was acting then :P

Maybe that is exactly why she said it? If she is already "getting to know" someone and is not acting out like that, it gives her a legit reason to make fun of her sister. I always hope that they would not feel the pressure marrying so young (harhar I was 22 and we knew each other for just one year and got engaged after three months- everyone was shocked)- From what I have seen of Joy she seems to be a bit more reasonable or better less infantile. But this can all be due to editing and/or the contrast to Jinger. L&E website reads this for her birthday: "Now that she has graduated from high school, Joy-Joy (as her family calls her) spends her days taking online Bible classes and helping out at home. Her future goals are to be involved in missions and politics, as well as to be a wife and mother. " The storyline is already getting prepared.

Please no. Joy is still so young and I could never handle her doing the eye-sex look or having Jim Bob make perverted comments about her having sex on her wedding night. 

2 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

And if she is, then I feel even worse for Jana . . . unless she's asexual, and genuinely not interested in getting married, then having yet another younger sister get married before her (especially in their culture), has to be devastating. 

It's not just that. It's also the fact that she would be stuck in a bedroom all alone with four little girls. It'll be bad enough as it is once Jinger moves out, I imagine, since Jana is seven years older than Joy. But if Joy moved out too, Jana would be stuck with four seven-to-eleven year old girls. FUN!

27 minutes ago, JillyO said:

It's not just that. It's also the fact that she would be stuck in a bedroom all alone with four little girls. It'll be bad enough as it is once Jinger moves out, I imagine, since Jana is seven years older than Joy. But if Joy moved out too, Jana would be stuck with four seven-to-eleven year old girls. FUN!

Jana should be allowed to move into grandma mary's old room

IRL it would be quite normal for an 18 year old to have a boyfriend. In fundie land it would be terrifying, because that leads to marriage and babies. Except for Josiah, but we don't talk about that.

18 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

IRL it would be quite normal for an 18 year old to have a boyfriend. In fundie land it would be terrifying, because that leads to marriage and babies. Except for Josiah, but we don't talk about that.

Actually Joy turns 19 today!

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

Jana should be allowed to move into grandma mary's old room

well then who would change meredith's diapers in the middle of the night 

not her mother Anna 

surely you jest 

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Or possibly poor nutrition (no clue what they eat.)

Well, judging by her parents, chickenetti and tater tot casserole will do wonders for your fertility... :pb_lol: But as you said, it's complex and considering how they avoid doctors (specifically OB/GYNs) until they're in critical danger, it seems, it could pretty much be anything. Hopefully it's something of their choice. 

48 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Alyssa Bates got married at 19, let's not forget that

And also:

The Duggar girls are getting married at a younger age each time:

Jill was: 23 years and 1 month old

Jessa was: 22 years and 12 months minus a few days  old

Jinger will be: 22 years and 10 months old

hm, but seeing that: it seems that they all get married around the date they are turning 23.

43 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Alyssa Bates got married at 19, let's not forget that

I was looking at the YouTube profile who wrote the comment - she has a real profile pic and there are Christian videos on her channel. I thought it was a fake recently created profile or some crazy fan making up rumors, like we've seen In he past. But IMO this doesn't really look like that. It is quite possible that this person is associated with some Duggar friends and is on to something. If it is true, I wonder who Joy's friend is?

4 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

And also:

The Duggar girls are getting married at a younger age each time:

Jill was: 23 years and 1 month old

Jessa was: 22 years and 12 months minus a few days  old

Jinger will be: 22 years and 10 months old

hm, but seeing that: it seems that they all get married around the date they are turning 23.

Jessa married three days before she turned 22. She was born November 4, 1992 and they married November 1, 2014.

Just now, VelociRapture said:

Jessa married three days before she turned 22. She was born November 4, 1992 and they married November 1, 2014.

oh , ups, i missed it by one year, sorry ;-) but thanks for correcting it

5 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I really do think Jessa will be Michelle #2. I thought it would have been Jill. 

Since Jessa got married the youngest of the girls at just a couple days shy of 22, I can see this happening.

Josh was 20 and 6 months

Jill was 23 and 1 month

Jessa was 21 and 12 months, 3 days before turning 22

Jinger will be 22 and 10 months

So I was thinking about this.  Once Jinger is gone there should be enough beds for girls, right?  Or did only the "big girls" get their own bed?  Then someone would still need a sleeping buddy.  I'm hoping the two youngest split Jill's bed and the rest get their own.  If Joy left then they could each have their own bed, but after all these years of sharing I'm betting at least one of the little girls would be afraid to sleep alone.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived