IGNORED

Lady Lydia designing clothes for Trumps

Black Aliss

Bump: There's new designs. 

Lydia, don't email me. But have you seen Melania in her bikini on the wing of the plane holding a gun? She may have teeny little eyes, but she likes to show off what the best plastic surgeons in the world implanted in her. 

melania17.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see Melania wearing this:

ladylydia.jpg

Not even Lucy Hayes would have worn that sack. 

ladylydia1.jpg

What is her obsession with dressing Melania? Does she really not know how the woman typically dresses? 

I so want to send Lydia a picture of Melania in her best "paper doll ready to be dressed" photo for her to work her design magic on. I see she has to go back to the Kennedy era to find sufficiently modest attire on a FLOTUS. No mention, of course, of the elegance and femininity displayed by our current FLOTUS.

18 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I so want to send Lydia a picture of Melania in her best "paper doll ready to be dressed" photo for her to work her design magic on. I see she has to go back to the Kennedy era to find sufficiently modest attire on a FLOTUS. No mention, of course, of the elegance and femininity displayed by our current FLOTUS.

Michelle wore plenty of completely modest dresses. Lydia and the Maxwells still wouldn't approve because they weren't frumpy.

Michelle-Obama-Dress-National-Student-Poets-Program-2016.jpg

101116-michelle-obama-floral-dress-lead.jpg

Michelle-Obama-Naeem-Khan-China-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO (2).jpg

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Michelle wore plenty of completely modest dresses. Lydia and the Maxwells still wouldn't approve because they weren't frumpy.

Michelle-Obama-Dress-National-Student-Poets-Program-2016.jpg

101116-michelle-obama-floral-dress-lead.jpg

Michelle-Obama-Naeem-Khan-China-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO (2).jpg

Actually, they wouldn't/won't/didn't approve because she is Michelle Obama.

36 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Actually, they wouldn't/won't/didn't approve because she is Michelle Obama

Exactly. She could have dressed in one of those crazy dresses the Bates used to wear and they still wouldn't have approved. 

According to her latest video she wants to host classes where people come and stay with her to see how she lives. You even get to attend church with her! 

33 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Bingo. I can (sort-of) understand people not approving the causes Michelle Obama supported, but how anyone, even the most racist radical Christianist, can see her as anything but the most beautiful, elegant, gracious, and intelligent FLOTUS in history is beyond me.

I saw photos of Malia, Michelle and Barack after that speech. Malia really looks like her mom, especially when she smiles.

I hope to God little Barron doesn't look like his dad when he's grown up. We have enough orange faced weirdos in this world...

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I saw photos of Malia, Michelle and Barack after that speech. Malia really looks like her mom, especially when she smiles.

I hope to God little Barron doesn't look like his dad when he's grown up. We have enough orange faced weirdos in this world...

I don't care what any of the Trumpkins look like, as long as they didn't inherit his personality disorder.

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

And shock of shocks, she's wearing sleeves on her dresses, which Lydia has to have. No sleeveless dresses for Lydia. Our outgoing FLOTUS is intelligent, thoughtful and caring. I don't seem to track those traits in Mrs. Trump. Wonder what will happen to the White House garden? Will the kitchen staff maintain it for fresh veggies? Of course, if Drumpf flies home to NYC every night, there won't be a need for hot meals. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, mango_fandango said:

Kind of OT:  Any guesses as to where in the White House the spray tan booth will be installed?  Gotta maintain that orange glow!

On 1/12/2017 at 8:23 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Why isn't she medicated yet?

Lydia or Melania? If the latter, I suspect she is heavily medicated, both with pharmaceuticals and money.

On 1/13/2017 at 0:39 AM, JMarie said:

Kind of OT:  Any guesses as to where in the White House the spray tan booth will be installed?  Gotta maintain that orange glow!

I read that Melania is going to have a special makeup room with customized lighting in the White House. Because priorities.

10 hours ago, Hane said:

I read that Melania is going to have a special makeup room with customized lighting in the White House. Because priorities.

It will be a "glam" room with wardrobe, makeup, and hairstyling. It takes 1 1/2 hours to get Melania ready to step out the door. Probably while the Donald lies in his aluminum tube getting tanned. 

not trying to trash Melania* or anyone else, but for most of my life, i've always given a side-eye to the notion of needing an hour or 2 to get dressed/made up.  are they really that ugly to start with that it takes so much effort to hide it all? (granted, there may be more to it than that....)

*my Melania-bashing has never gone past thinking that she always looks so emotionless and disinterested that i'd have no inclination to want to spend any time with her.  i know almost nothing about her, so i really can't say much to insult her.

16 hours ago, catlady said:

not trying to trash Melania* or anyone else, but for most of my life, i've always given a side-eye to the notion of needing an hour or 2 to get dressed/made up.  are they really that ugly to start with that it takes so much effort to hide it all? (granted, there may be more to it than that....)

*my Melania-bashing has never gone past thinking that she always looks so emotionless and disinterested that i'd have no inclination to want to spend any time with her.  i know almost nothing about her, so i really can't say much to insult her.

The Trump daughters would need at least an hour to do that extreme contouring on their moon faces (and even then when the camera catches them at the wrong angle. sad.) We've seen photos of Melania without clothes but I don't know if there are any photos of her without makeup so we don't know where she is starting from.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

The Trump daughters would need at least an hour to do that extreme contouring on their moon faces (and even then when the camera catches them at the wrong angle. sad.) We've seen photos of Melania without clothes but I don't know if there are any photos of her without makeup so we don't know where she is starting from.

I must not be seeing what you are seeing.  I think Ivanka looks like her mother and is very pretty.  Even as a kid.  The guys are meh. I can't remember what Tiffany looks like. 

I know someone who takes a couple hours to get ready to go places. She bathes, washes her hair, brushes her, teeth (sometimes whitens them,) dries hair, moisturizes, takes her time doing her make up, then her hair and then slowly gets dressed, so she doesn't mess anything up.  I can get ready to go to any event in an hour or less.  Eye lashes and hair probably take the longest to do, eyelashes are only for ultra formal events that I will be photographed.  If I had a two hour block of time to myself, I wouldn't waste it on make up.  

On 1/11/2017 at 7:14 AM, formergothardite said:

What is her obsession with dressing Melania? Does she really not know how the woman typically dresses? 

Lydia knows.  She just REALLY doesn't approve.

On 1/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, formergothardite said:

According to her latest video she wants to host classes where people come and stay with her to see how she lives. You even get to attend church with her! 

Dear Christ in Heaven.  I couldn't spend 5 minutes in that pink, embellished, flounced, dusty dungeon.  Getting out even to go to church would be a blessing.

Although, Lydia being Lydia and as she's the pastor's wife, the church is probably embellished and layered in pink flounces too.

I don't know much about Lady Lydia- is there an FJ archive on her? Does she have kids? Why do I have this mental image of her as living alone surrounded by pink tablecloths, lacy doilies and floral tea sets?

I prefer to take a long time to get ready and I would LOVE a glam room (many women are converting walk in closets to have one now).  I did install special lighting in my room/vanity for make up.  I simply enjoy the process of getting ready to go out, and want to take my time and enjoy it, if possible. 

I don't think there's any shame in creating your own space for things you enjoy. For some, that's going to be a man cave or a nice garage or a reading nook.  For others, it's a glam room. Fashion, make up, etc. are hobbies and interests for many people. There's nothing wrong with it. I don't think I'm ugly any more than a man who spends hours tinkering/modding his car thinks his car sucks. Actually, it's the reverse: I have a healthy self-esteem, so I enjoy spending time on myself because I think I deserve it. 

The fact that we are inclined to bash women for wanting to spend time on themselves and being open about making themselves a priority is a very toxic thing. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Does she have kids? Why do I have this mental image of her as living alone surrounded by pink tablecloths, lacy doilies and floral tea sets?

There should be threads about her in the archive. Her children are grown and she seems to spend her days prancing around the house pretending she is a wealthy English lady from the 1800's. The last time she had guests she insisted on drawing their picture, but also had to change the clothes they were wearing because a sleeveless dress was too immodest for her to draw. It is really no wonder people don't seem to want to visit her. 

Lady Lydia is known for the time she complained that the people escaping the rising waters after Hurricane Katrina didn't bother to get dressed nicer. 

Lady Lydia is wanting to make her own version of Melania's blue dress. She will have to alter it to make it more modest, though. 

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

The fact that we are inclined to bash women for wanting to spend time on themselves and being open about making themselves a priority is a very toxic thing. 

Pardon me, perhaps I misunderstood,  but who is doing that here?  

I'd also argue that making others a priority on occasion is a very good thing too. And have you MET the toxic Lady Lydia?  Her universe is making herself comfy, her surroundings pink and glittery, and sitting in judgement on others.  It's not just a case of making herself a priority, she's the most bone idle and selfish blogger we cover, I believe.  She is pathetic but dreadful.

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I don't know much about Lady Lydia- is there an FJ archive on her? Does she have kids? Why do I have this mental image of her as living alone surrounded by pink tablecloths, lacy doilies and floral tea sets?

That is pretty accurate, except she theoretically lives with her Pastor husband in the land of make-believe.  He kids have left home.  He's hiding somewhere in the house trying to escape being sprayed pink, glittered, and smothered with lace.  I don't think there is anywhere left for him to sit that isn't embellished.

She's also one of the founders of the Ladies Against Feminism blog with Jennie Chauncy.

Not terribly important tangent: I finally figured out why "Lady Lydia" sounded familiar; the song "Lydia the Tattooed Lady":

Spoiler

Back to your regularly scheduled snarking. :wink-kitty:

37 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Not terribly important tangent: I finally figured out why "Lady Lydia" sounded familiar; the song "Lydia the Tattooed Lady":

Reveal hidden contents

Back to your regularly scheduled snarking. :wink-kitty:

:laughing-jumpingpurple:.  Yes.  I think of that too.

Lydia Sherman is a very unfortunate name ...

Spoiler

It is also the name of a serial killer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Sherman

Archived