IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

samurai_sarah

It always feels to me that Jim Boob and Mechelle are holding onto high school. It's been said here before about why the crunchy curls are still around, but it also came up during the copycat kissing photos. They want to believe they are still young and since they don't have normal parenting responsibilities they can act like it. This is a high school picture, not a married 50-somethings picture. My DH and I are in our 30s and we wouldn't post a picture like that even though we can be lovey-dovey sometimes. I am not a big fan of social media declarations of love anyway.

This is the example they have set for their kids - see grabbing and kissing spouses in the aisle and let's never forget the example of the mini-golf humpfest.:output_eeMbjt: Don't even think about sex until you are married, but afterwards go ahead and put your sex life out for the world to see. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

I'm okay with the father-daughter dance are not purity balls. DD quite enjoyed the one her elementary school held. She got to have time with her dad and get dressed up. They  had a nice dinner set up and no purity crap involved. It was more of "fathers work & don't spend time with their daughters, here's an opportunity to get to know your daughter" . I guess they thought dads go do things with their sons not with daughters.

That's sweet. :) 

My parents are in their 60's and I could see them taking a picture like that. But it would just be a joke. And my mom would probably be rolling her eyes or something in it. Whoever said "dad joke" earlier really nailed it.

On 12/6/2016 at 8:55 PM, Bugaboo said:

Excuse me while I go vomit. :output_eeMbjt:

IMG_20161206_155152.jpg

I got hold of that on my Instagram feed last night and was going to post it: beat me to it! 

It reminds me a bit of Candy and Eric Brauer - cringe inducing woman simpering over 'my hot hunk of a husband' and 'hello handsome' LOL 

23 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

I really really want to down vote that picture!!   (But just the picture....not the poster). 

Go to the FB post of it and click on the tears button or the rage button LOL

17 hours ago, goldengrove said:

hahahahaha...so true ^_^ (I just snorted earl grey tea out of my nose, surprisingly refreshing)

I have Asperger's and don't get metaphors well: what's the reference to the newspaper and today's date?

4 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

It always feels to me that Jim Boob and Mechelle are holding onto high school. It's been said here before about why the crunchy curls are still around, but it also came up during the copycat kissing photos. They want to believe they are still young and since they don't have normal parenting responsibilities they can act like it. This is a high school picture, not a married 50-somethings picture. My DH and I are in our 30s and we wouldn't post a picture like that even though we can be lovey-dovey sometimes. I am not a big fan of social media declarations of love anyway.

This is the example they have set for their kids - see grabbing and kissing spouses in the aisle and let's never forget the example of the mini-golf humpfest.:output_eeMbjt: Don't even think about sex until you are married, but afterwards go ahead and put your sex life out for the world to see. 

Is the emoji of crazy-golf humpfest actually meant to be JB and Michelle from one episode?

4 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

They remind me of middle-aged people who want to appear like they're still "cool", when the majority of people who know/know of them think nothing of the sort (saying this as a very non cool middle aged woman)

44 minutes ago, Mozzie said:

Is the emoji of crazy-golf humpfest actually meant to be JB and Michelle from one episode?

That is correct, yes. JB and Mullet took Jessa & Bin to the Mini Golf Course and flaunted in front of them that they had to be married to do such a thing... 

6 hours ago, nst said:

they do lie - you know that 

appearances 

Derick was flying to San Francisco earlier today, per his Twitter. You generally transfer through DFW to get to Danger America from NWA. 

Will take to the Dullard thread for further discussion.

2 hours ago, Mozzie said:

I have Asperger's and don't get metaphors well: what's the reference to the newspaper and today's date?

In hostage photos they hold up the day's newspaper to prove they were alive on that date. So we are suggesting that holding up a newspaper is proof that she is alive as of a certain date.

2 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

That is correct, yes. JB and Mullet took Jessa & Bin to the Mini Golf Course and flaunted in front of them that they had to be married to do such a thing... 

Ugh. I honestly thought this was a FJ inside joke that I wasn't getting. That's just gross. 

On 12/6/2016 at 7:54 PM, Incognito22 said:

I feel like Michelle is kinda jealous of the pure courting girls. Their pictures lately (Michelle and JB) seem like they are trying to look like the courting couples.  I'm not doing a good job of explaining it but just a feeling I get.  Kinda like The whole  puffy sleeve dress vow renewal shortly after Josh and Anna's wedding.  Grow the Eff up and be 50 ur old parents!let your kids have their time. 

I think Michelle's always been very jealous of and threatened by her daughters and daughter-in-law. And why not? She is pretty much the definition of "peaked in high school", she's staring down the barrel of menopause and thus losing her chief source of purpose and identity, she's been exposed as a neglectful, abusive mother who pimped out her victimized children to reality television while downplaying what was happening to them, and now her younger, prettier relatives are hogging her spotlight by being younger, prettier, fecund, and (as far as we can tell) far more competent, loving mothers than she ever was.

6 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

They remind me of middle-aged people who want to appear like they're still "cool", when the majority of people who know/know of them think nothing of the sort (saying this as a very non cool middle aged woman)

Spoiler

200_s.gif

Hahah just saying! And yes I do love a good Mean Girls reference! :P 

I think I'm pretty cool (I work directly with many millenials), but I would NEVER wear pink on Wednesdays, or any other day. Fuschia? Sure. But not baby fucking pink. 

I guess not seeing Mechelle in that hue is one thing we can put in her (very meager) plus section? Someone prove me wrong and show us a picture of her trying to recapture her lost youth! LOL

@flycat Thanks for the reply. I agree some of these wives of fundie men are like hostages cause if I remember rightly Michelle wasn't a church-goer until she and Jim Bob married. 

I saw a BBC documentary a few days ago about an extremist group in Arizona and the wife of a pastor was non-religious growing up then became indoctrinated in all his ways. She now believes women are not allowed to vote in politics let alone be part of government and that her only 'ministry' is to stay at home, home-schooling and having baby after baby. She had just given birth to baby number 9!

@CorruptionInc. That sounds a bit sick and imho un-Christian to flaunt and fake hump in public! Shows the most prudish people are often secretly just obsessed with sex! 

Nice sheep icon btw!

I have a friend (who is early 40's) who is always going on about her "handsome" and/or "hunky" husband and taking photos like that. It always makes me feel slightly off and wonder what they are hiding.

Why is she so overly vocal about it? I mean, I love my husband and find him attractive - but I assume the ring and the fact that We're still married is enough proof of that! I don't have to tell everyone.

1 hour ago, Mozzie said:

I saw a BBC documentary a few days ago about an extremist group in Arizona and the wife of a pastor was non-religious growing up then became indoctrinated in all his ways. She now believes women are not allowed to vote in politics let alone be part of government and that her only 'ministry' is to stay at home, home-schooling and having baby after baby. She had just given birth to baby number 9!

You're referring to the Anderson's.  They're pretty vile.  They have their own subforum here titled "Quiver Full of Andersons (Zsu Zsu & PP)"

14 hours ago, flycat said:

In hostage photos they hold up the day's newspaper to prove they were alive on that date. So we are suggesting that holding up a newspaper is proof that she is alive as of a certain date.

Heh, they'd never do it - it would mean they couldn't mess with the timelines (though I'm imagining BAD photoshop jobs now!)

@Scribber Candy from 'Eyes2Jesus', 'In2Jesus', 'Joyful Christian Homemaking' is just as cringe-inducing with her 'hunk' and 'hot husband' on her YouTube channel too lol

19 hours ago, Mozzie said:

I have no words. If you want to see the clip I think I posted correctly and is in the rules to do so. It's beyond weird.

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I have seen the emoji of course, but haven't seen the video in awhile.

So gross. Really Jim Bob?

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Oh god, the mini golf humping. I always remember it as being atrocious, but then I watch it again and realize I had remembered a mild version of it. Every time.

I still fault the Seewalds for allowing their 17 YO son to continue to pursue Jessa once they saw that stupid BS.

Wasn't that "date" @ the beginning of their courtship? 

I would have put the kibosh on that relationship from moment one.

That video is grosser every time I watch it. My memory tries to protect me, but I just keep watching.:brainbleach:

Also, I forgot how mortified Ben looked. Only normal reaction in that whole damn clip.

I also tend to down play the humping in my mind. My natural defenses I presume.  I believe that this was from the beginning of their engagement.  Which is why JB made the corny joke about "rules of your engagement"?  He's so gross.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived