IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

samurai_sarah

We won't see Anna leave Josh either.  All of the recent pics we have seen of them together is the Duggar's reply to the recent rumors.  Anna may have gone so far as to see a lawyer, but she was brought under control again by the family.  In the pics with The Wallers and the one with Jessa, Ben and Jana, she looks sad to me.  But note, they made sure in both photos she has her hand on his arm.  She looks like she was told to do that, to make it look like she can stand to have contact with him. 

On a different subject, I have been thinking about the family as a whole.  Honestly,  I think they probably have a pretty decent life.  They seem to have a lot of social contacts and have people over to the house often.  The married kidults with children get tons of help with their kids, so that must be good.  They have no financial worries (at this point), and seemingly few responsibilities.  I don't think JB and M are very involved on a daily basis with the kids lives anymore, except maybe to lead some daily worship time.  So the middles and littles are not getting the dogma shoved down their throats constantly, and they most certainly aren't be subjected to the same kind of discipline that the older ones were. 

I don't think we are going to see them break away because they don't have much of a level of discomfort with their life.  If they have a kid who is gay or trans,  they might be ones to break away because no way would that be tolerated, but if all 19 are straight, which is possible, then I just don't think they are living with enough discomfort to irritate them enough to make them consider leaving. 

When people leave a cult it happens because they are uncomfortable.  They are unhappy.  Or,  they are getting a glimpse of life away from the cult that attracts them.  The duggars have a sweet little life.  They are celebs in their own social circle which affords them all kinds of special treatment,  they want for nothing when it comes to material possessions, or necessities, and they don't have to work very hard in order to enjoy the good life.  Jana, who might have wanted to escape when she had a whole bunch of middles and littles to raise, now has mostly self-sufficient kids to take care of, and they bring in outside help for the homeschooling, so that isn't her responsibility.  She can dabble in her interior design projects, or gardening, and daddy foots the bill.  Cheaply, but he does pay for it.  And the longer she delays marriage the smaller her own brood will be.    They all seem pretty happy and content, except for Josh and poor Anna.  Who at least is getting help raising her kids even if she has to be there for Josh.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and honestly - you just don't know till you figure it out.  I see people on here all the time saying 'they are adults now, I give them no slack!  They should know things are bad and wrong."      I married young to a very controlling man.  I didn't know how controlling he was, because it was normal to me, till after he passed away, and I realized - months later -  I could adjust the rear view mirror in the car I drove.   My car.   I didn't have to swivel and twist to see behind me.  I could move it from his preferred placement.    Before -   It simply wasn't done.    It never crossed my mind I could because I just couldn't.  That was the right spot and where it was supposed to be!     You think things are normal.    If they don't know to change, how can they?  And if they are okay with the twist and swivel, as I learned to be, why would they think to change?  ( and yes, after that i figured out a lot of things, but that was my light-bulb moment)

Yes, discomfort has to happen before anyone makes a leap to some other sort of living.  So far I see no discomfort in their lives.

On 11/11/2016 at 2:54 AM, Lurky said:

Yes, this.  It feels a bit like fostering in Viking times, Medieval times etc, where wealthy families would "swap" kids for such reasons (and as ways to keep loyalty), but you're absolutely right, if it's good enough for other kids to stay with them, why didn't they send one of the daughters to work for another family, pre-marriage, and definitely some of those sons (though was Joe living at the Bateseses?)

On 11/11/2016 at 10:15 AM, Coconut Flan said:

I think John David has done the closest to the going to stay with another family of any of the Duggars.  He did a tour season driving for the Reiths.  I wonder if there were hopes of a courtship that didn't work out.

I don't think Jim Bob would let any of the women or girls go do that but he's a tad more open with the men. 

John David has gone on extended visits with friends in his plane. With Logan Smith in Mississippi for flight training type stuff and the boonies of Kansas. Multiple trips to both locations, some for weeks at a time.

Damn, one state away!  I wish he would frequent Nebraska... I have half a mind to corrupt him just for shits and giggles. I have devirginated a cowboy hat wearin' country boy once before... I'm bad. Lol.

58 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Damn, one state away!  I wish he would frequent Nebraska... I have half a mind to corrupt him just for shits and giggles. I have devirginated a cowboy hat wearin' country boy once before... I'm bad. Lol.

You should check the aviation thread. He was out in northwest Kansas. I'm actually closer to him when he's home than when he's out there.  I'm married and would never defraud JD but I think I could corrupt him. If he was a fundie he would be like a lot of guys I've known over the years. I did a fairly good job corrupting them. :giggle:

1 hour ago, VixenToast said:

43 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

You should check the aviation thread. He was out in northwest Kansas. I'm actually closer to him when he's home than when he's out there.  I'm married and would never defraud JD but I think I could corrupt him. If he was a fundie he would be like a lot of guys I've known over the years. I did a fairly good job corrupting them. :giggle:

I feel like you two should meet one of my friends from college, who as an upper classman met innocent little freshman me, who blushed and giggled at the words sex and penis, and made it her goal to corrupt me.

It worked. Between her and the sense of humor my dad and brother have I have a very inappropriate, sometimes twisted sense of humor. 

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I feel like you two should meet one of my friends from college, who as an upper classman met innocent little freshman me, who blushed and giggled at the words sex and penis, and made it her goal to corrupt me.

It worked. Between her and the sense of humor my dad and brother have I have a very inappropriate, sometimes twisted sense of humor. 

I have friends who did the exact same thing to me. Now I have the most inappropriate sense of humour and I am the friend who will blurt out the inappropriate thought. Sometimes I have no filter. lol

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I have friends who did the exact same thing to me. Now I have the most inappropriate sense of humour and I am the friend who will blurt out the inappropriate thought. Sometimes I have no filter. lol

Hahaha I totally do that, but usually preface it with, "I probably shouldn't say this, but..." because if it comes with a disclaimer they can't judge me :pb_lol:

I was looking at pictures on facebook, and found this one from their mission trip in 2014. Jim Bob's role in this one is pretty accurate ...

Jim Bob ass.PNG

On 11/10/2016 at 11:22 AM, Coconut Flan said:

They don't watch TV, they just watch television shows projected from a laptop?  That is such typical Duggar doublespeak.

You still get to brag if you obey the letter of the law but not the spirit ;) It definitely looks like some sort of projector screen that probably rolls up for when they don't want to have a visible screen in the living area. 

17 hours ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

I was looking at pictures on facebook, and found this one from their mission trip in 2014. Jim Bob's role in this one is pretty accurate ...

That is one awkward photo. A little hard to tell if the people watching are enjoying themselves or cringing...

In looking through the now removed from public view Marci Dauer photos I saw the screen from another angle and it's definitely a pull down screen.  I have to laugh at the gyrations they go through to be able to say we don't watch a TV. 

Apologies if this has already been mentioned--the Elijah Kaneshiro mentioned upthread as living with the Duggars now--is a big Gothardy friend of the Bates as well.  One the Bates website, they say that he and Nathan became friends while Journeying to the Heart, and Gil & Kelly took a 25th Anniversary wedding trip to Hawaii in Feb. 2013 and the Kaneshiro family hosted them and Elijah flew them around: https://thebatesfamily.com/2013/02/a-dream-come-true/

22 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Hahaha I totally do that, but usually preface it with, "I probably shouldn't say this, but..." because if it comes with a disclaimer they can't judge me :pb_lol:

I wanna party with you!! My sons tell me I'm embarrassing, they are teens what do they know!!

On 11/12/2016 at 3:13 PM, Bugaboo said:

The DFO Facebook page posted this like 20 minutes ago....:my_sick:

"Don't believe everything you read in the tabloids! Michelle and I have been married for over 32 years and are more in love than ever!"

FB_IMG_1478988631820.jpg

:output_eeMbjt:Sorry, had to...

The number of kissing pics of Boob and Mee........100's

The number of Kissing pics of me and hubs........ 0

nuff said!!!

ok....maybe 1 from our wedding 25 years ago.  Lol

Saw this today at a store with odds and ends. Doubt even being such biiig Razorback fans they would allow this in their house. Can we say "Nike!":pb_lol:

Also I can't wait to see Jinger's wedding tommorow.. Who knows there may be no vows about makin babies. lol.

20161114_230824.jpg

41 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

With that many boys in the house any Barbie would end up naked and beheaded.

Or was it just my brother who did that?

Ha, I will do you one better I had all the dolls from the movie Anastasia and my brothers chose to behead my very favorite one the dream Waltz gown, I found her head lying under desk. They also broke the carriage and peed on it.

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Ha, I will do you one better I had all the dolls from the movie Anastasia and my brothers chose to behead my very favorite one the dream Waltz gown, I found her head lying under desk. They also broke the carriage and peed on it.

That's horrifying! He owes you a new doll and carriage!!

27 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

That's horrifying! He owes you a new doll and carriage!!

Don't worry, as an adult I finally got one. My little sister loves to play with her and apparently she and Moana are BFF's. ^.^20161112_210535.jpg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived