IGNORED

Former FLDS Members on Anderson Cooper today

I was watching TV last night and they were running promos for today's Anderson Cooper show. Warren Jeff's half brother Wallace, and some former child brides are among the guests. His show airs on CBS. It's at 4:00 PM where I live (Arizona), but probably another time where you live!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... -interview

I hope my TIVO works and manages to record the right show, because I think that this will be worth watching.

SPOILER ALERT!! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SHOW AND WANT TO BE SURPRISED!

Well, that was interesting. Personally, I wanted Carolyn Jessop to reach over and smack Warren Jeffs' brother across the mouth. He was so damn creepy and smug. It was awesome when the reporter started talking about the crimes and Jeffs got all huffy. It was clear to me that all he wanted was to keep saying his brother was a fraud, I assume because he resents his brother's power. But the best part was when Anderson asked him to name all 22 of his kids and he thought he got them all and was all proud, then Anderson says "that was only 18". I laughed my ass off.

Carolyn Jessop on the other hand, is an excellent spokesperson for the anti-FLDS movement. She does her homework and knows how to combine facts with emotion. I was so glad that she said what she did about it not being over because Warren Jeffs is in prison. The pressure on the FLDS needs to be kept up and increased. If only this wasn't all occuring in the heart of Mormon country. I'm quite sure the Mormon-led justice system doesn't want to come down too heavily on anything that promotes patriarchy.

The teenager panel were delightful. I loved the girl who said she was going to be a lawyer. I sure hope she makes it!

The brother was gross and disgusting.

Let's face it, dude, you reaped the benefits of this uber-patriarchy for years, and are only crying foul now only b/c you got kicked out. If your brother Warren had never kicked you out, you'd be right there in the midst of it raping marrying 12-year-olds.

Teenager panel extremely interesting - AC did a good job with this episode but I've been a little disappointed with the show at large (I LOVES me some AC, but... I don't care to see more of Sarah Jessica Parker...)

I tried to find a website for the show to comment but couldn't find anything. I'd love to send a message to the FOX show to encourage AC to do a daytime follow-up to the CNN piece on the Pearls.

I never thought it was possible that I could love Anderson Cooper anymore than I already do. The summer I was diagnosed with a bad disease, I spent the summer watching him on CNN with my mother, and we bonded over wine and how hot he is. She doesn't believe he is gay, and I do not accept it.

Now, I find him taking on the Pearls and the FLDS and not being soft and kid glovey with them. Go Anderson! I have to see this and the link above does not work. Does anyone know of another way I might be able to view this? I wrote an encouragement to CNN after the Pearl piece, and will send one along about this. I appreciate that he is willing to "go there" with the fundies. I am not really a fan of the daytime talk show, but Anderson, save SJP, has had some interesting guest choices thusfar.

Completely OT: one of my coworkers looks like Warren Jeffs. He also is fundie lite and used a Bible verse in a freaking meeting to justify not paying people more. (I forget which one; my mouth was hanging widely open). He looks so much like WJ, I can barely look into it.

Edited because the link works, my computer just won't play it.

I never thought it was possible that I could love Anderson Cooper anymore than I already do. The summer I was diagnosed with a bad disease, I spent the summer watching him on CNN with my mother, and we bonded over wine and how hot he is. She doesn't believe he is gay, and I do not accept it.

Now, I find him taking on the Pearls and the FLDS and not being soft and kid glovey with them. Go Anderson! I have to see this and the link above does not work. Does anyone know of another way I might be able to view this? I wrote an encouragement to CNN after the Pearl piece, and will send one along about this. I appreciate that he is willing to "go there" with the fundies. I am not really a fan of the daytime talk show, but Anderson, save SJP, has had some interesting guest choices thusfar.

Completely OT: one of my coworkers looks like Warren Jeffs. He also is fundie lite and used a Bible verse in a freaking meeting to justify not paying people more. (I forget which one; my mouth was hanging widely open). He looks so much like WJ, I can barely look into it.

Edited because the link works, my computer just won't play it.

This. I also think Anderson's hot, even though he's gay. Just between me and my teevee, he's all man! LOL Missed the interview, will have to catch up on RadarOnline, or wherever I can...I'm salivating just thinking about how Anderson must have grilled those cretins! YES!!!

Archived