IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt 4: Dump Truck Baby

samurai_sarah

On 3/18/2017 at 2:04 AM, KnittingOwl said:

It's called Owl Babies. There are three of them, and one only says that. I've read it so many times as it was one of my daughter's favorites.  DH and I coped by developing theories about the different owl chicks. 

We literally just finished reading it two minutes ago. Youngest is currently obsessed and we read it five times a day. It's cute. 

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Jeebus H Christ! A fucking 3-way Sophie's choice if there ever was one. I'd choose Josh.

I mean honestly, noone deserves a punch in the junk harder than John Schrader or TFDW. Well, I guess noone except Josh.

Bah! See what I mean?!

I'd take David Waller in a second. John Schrader and Josh don't really give a shit about their wives. 

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'd take David Waller in a second. John Schrader and Josh don't really give a shit about their wives. 

I'm with you.  unless TFDW has some deep-hidden secret, he's the least f%$#ed-up of the three.  granted, I'm basing that on his outward appearances, but he's probably the most financially independent and most likely to continue to be able to provide for his family. and while he does seem incredibly self-absorbed, he has always had a house for Priscilla to live in, and there's no evidence that he's cheated on her or has done anything illegal beyond stealing pecans.

again, total conjecture; but if he has any secrets, he knows how to keep them.

On 3/16/2017 at 8:28 PM, Tatar-tot said:

I really want to know how Priscilla does it.  She manages 3 kids, David (who has to be a handful), travels for extended periods with kids in tow, and appears genuinely happy.   

She needs to either blog or write a book. Priscilla makes life look fun versus Teri Maxwell whose life appears to be one long task list of drudgery.

There are certain fundies--Priscilla, Erin, Michaela, Whitney, etc--who seem lucky enough to have been born into a lifestyle that suits them perfectly. Priscilla got exactly what she wanted: children, financial security, a husband to support her, even David himself (she has said she had her eye on him long before their courtship). Of course there's no way to know for sure how she really feels, but she seems very pleased with her life. And I'm happy for her. There's nothing sadder than when a fundie obviously had dreams of being something more than their lifestyle/headship allows. (Ex. Jill wanting to be a nurse or midwife, Smuggar wanting to be an attorney, Jinger and photography, etc etc etc).

1 hour ago, catlady said:

but if he has any secrets, he knows how to keep them.

I'm fully expecting him to be called as a witness in the IBLP lawsuit.  Davy was BG's PA.  He's got to know about some ugly stuff.

I'm waiting for a David Waller scandal.  I admit it.  I think we all have our ideas what it would be.  Priss is sweet and I don't wish that sort of emotional pain on her per se, but she is happily promoting these beliefs along side him so I can't feel too bad.  Hopefully she'll take a clue from Davia and truck on. 

On 2/9/2017 at 1:45 PM, FeministShrew said:

Because climbing a ladder in a skirt is really, really modest...

Especially if it's a windy day!

I do think that David Waller has some skeletons in his closet, maybe they aren't exactly his. He may only be associated with them. I'm not sure when or if, it will blow up for him. Secrets rarely stay buried though. 

Out of all of them, David Waller would be the best pick. I would say John Shrader the worst because at at least Anna had a house, food, medical care and people to help her. Esther is pretty much all alone dealing with small children and a husband who creates mountains of problems and rarely seems to care about his wife and kids. 

I used to think that Josh McD (Rebekah's husband) was by far the best of Pa Keller's bunch of losers.  I still wonder what happened there.  It's sad and I hope the children are OK and still see both parents.

Pecan seems to have dumped his former allegiance to Gothard and obviously is loved by the new IBLP board.  Otherwise he wouldn't be in his exalted position at ATI, able to afford a house, and so on.   However, he could be hanging by his toenails from a precipice. Depending on the type of scandal, if one ever breaks, he could lose the lot.

Daddy Keller really should be sat in the naughty chair because of the husband choices he made for Esther and Anna.

Me thinks he isn't a very bright man. His shrewdness scale is way below J-Bs. 

Does he ever lie awake at night worrying about his daughters? Has he the insight and intelligence to realise what went wrong with their marriages? 

Sadly methinks not.

Oh yes Davey, such a joyful time? Is that Meredith holding Philip? 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh yes Davey, such a joyful time? Is that Meredith holding Philip? 

That's definitely Meredith and Phillip! The kids are all SO CUTE.

It's interesting that for a long time after the scandals broke, David and Pris had nothing to do with Smuggar. Now they're publicly embracing him. Guess they're practicing what they preach (unconditional love and forgiveness, and all that). But it did take them a while to come around.

I don't believe for a second that it took them a long time to come around. I think David, like the rest of the family and friends, was instructed not to post anything about Smuggar for quite a while after the scandals. Then the Duggars started reintroducing Smuggar to the public, slowly and in small doses, and so David got the go-ahead to post occasional pictures and updates on them again.

On 3/21/2017 at 3:20 PM, Palimpsest said:

I'm fully expecting him to be called as a witness in the IBLP lawsuit.  Davy was BG's PA.  He's got to know about some ugly stuff.

I'm also just a big cynic and convinced that anyone that smiley and/or anyone that fervently right-wing and fundamentalist is hiding some fucked up shit.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm also just a big cynic and convinced that anyone that smiley and/or anyone that fervently right-wing and fundamentalist is hiding some fucked up shit.

Yes!!  I'm thinking of Bradrick/ DPIAT/ Gothard/ multiple republican politicians.... That other young guy in the video, Cleater? Cleaver? whatever.  He's got too big of a fake smile too.  

I have to say though, I think Pecan and Pris have seemed happier and more at ease with each other since the Josh scandal broke.  And I don't mean that in a nefarious way.

From the early interviews it was clear that both Pecan and Pris sort of assumed the other marriages in their circle were perfect.  And I think they really struggled with feeling like their marriage wasn't good enough because they had some struggles.  In the early videos, it's clear especially Pris felt like she wasn't good enough at being a wife and mother.

I think since Josh-gate broke, they realized that ALL marriages have issues (including the blessed and perfect Duggar marriages) and that maybe their marriage and the issues they were facing weren't so terrible after all.  That maybe they weren't failing at marriage like they thought.  That actually, they were doing pretty good, all things considered.  I think they stopped trying to be "perfect" and "measure up" and sort of relaxed around each other.  I think David especially stopped being so nit-picky about their image, which I think took a lot of pressure off Pris.

I hope they are happy.  Their kids deserve a happy home.  

For anyone like me, who got sick of reading Owl Babies three times every day:

Clearly I have no problem with occasional screen time for kids.

19 hours ago, JMO said:

He's got too big of a fake smile too.  

I don't trust people that have big, fake smiles (ie, Joel Osteen). When someone smiles in such an exaggerated manner, you just know that something isn't quite right in some way.

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Before and After of the house. #soblessed :P 

I think he got it backwards -- isn't it after and before? Also, where's the #Family hashtag I thought was automatically in every single thing Pecan posted. I have to say, the after does look pretty nice. I'd love to see how they handled the pit inside. One more thing, you don't have a railing for that deck that's quite a ways off the ground? I'm so klutzy, I could see myself falling and breaking something.

23 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I think he got it backwards -- isn't it after and before? Also, where's the #Family hashtag I thought was automatically in every single thing Pecan posted. I have to say, the after does look pretty nice. I'd love to see how they handled the pit inside. One more thing, you don't have a railing for that deck that's quite a ways off the ground? I'm so klutzy, I could see myself falling and breaking something.

They actually acknowledge the stairs and railing bit in their post. It sounds like they'll go up soon.

8 minutes ago, imokit said:

They actually acknowledge the stairs and railing bit in their post. It sounds like they'll go up soon.

Indeed! Say what you will about the Pecans, they get shit done. 

25 minutes ago, imokit said:

My bad -- I was blinded by the lack of the #Family hashtag... I am impressed that they've gotten so much done. I hate doing outside work, so I'd still be at day one.

We still need to put a stairs and railings on the porch, we are thrilled with how well it looks

I will be fascinated to see if the Wallers end up homeschooling. As sweet as Priscilla is, I don't think she's equipped to handle educating anyone beyond the middle elementary school years. And it appears David may not be much better. :my_confused:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived