On 7/16/2018 at 1:55 AM, artdecades said:

The fake tallit hanging off his outfit is really the cherry on the wtf cake

It's certainly a unique look.

QcasIkH.jpg?1

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I see they haven't been able to "save" all the babies. Everyone in the comments is just aghast that someone could get an abortion and think they're good with God. Despite the anti-abortion protesters contacting this woman multiple times, she was still planning to go through with the abortion. 

If I was 'N' I would be weirded out by all these strangers contacting me about my abortion. Though I do have to wonder... how do they know her plans? Why would you tell a Washburn you're having an abortion? :confusion-shrug:

1 minute ago, AmericanRose said:

If I was 'N' I would be weirded out by all these strangers contacting me about my abortion. Though I do have to wonder... how do they know her plans? Why would you tell a Washburn you're having an abortion? :confusion-shrug:

I almost wonder if N was just trolling them all along.

9 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I almost wonder if N was just trolling them all along.

That's the only reason I would do it. Of course, they don't seem to suspect anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh, Abigail responded to us. :pb_lol: Including a bunch of things that I don't think we criticized her for.

The other day I took a quick look at freejinger - for those of you wondering, it’s a forum where people with way too much time on their hands stalk, criticize and gossip about conservative people. Anyways, sometimes it’s comical to see what haters have to say about you, especially when it’s totally ridiculous and incorrect, ya know??

I’m honestly amazed by how much time people have to sit around researching people, their families etc. and then talk about them behind their backs - really people?

Guys, why can’t we allow each other to live our lives the way we believe to be right? Why are we the legalistic, judgmental jerks because we keep the seventh day sabbath, I wear skirts sometimes, and my husband and I decided to have a baby before I turned twenty, yet you can spend your time reading up about us (as if stalking isn’t weird) and then talk about us as if you know us (again, weird!).

If you gave us a chance you’d find that we’re not all that different or weird, and we don’t spend our time looking for people with differing beliefs to bash - Silas and I absolutely love getting along with people!

Really people, go get a life! Our personal opinions religious convictions are for us - not you!

And for all the busybodies out there who HAVE to know all the little details about people they don’t even know, I saw that you had some facts about us mixed up, so here’s a few things that may help set your mind at ease!

1: My husband didn’t lip sync the song he sang to me when he proposed, and the song choice was his business, not yours!

2: I wasn’t prego at Hannah’s wedding - excuse me for weighing a few more pounds than I did at my wedding?‍♀️

3: My husband doesn’t wear fake tallits - he wears tassels (see numbers 15:38)

4: Apparently I am as moronic as Hannah because I didn’t choose to have an ultrasound done - not because I don’t believe in them, but because there was absolutely no need to do so this time.

5: Sorry guys, but I had a natural home birth too, with a super experienced midwife and amazing assistants, and my mom and sisters around for part of it - it was awesome!?

6: And no need to feel sorry for me - Hannah didn’t stand over me telling me how to do everything during pregnancy- she’s very respectful and never tells me what to do - we’re just friends. Also, I’m stubborn and don’t like being bossed around, and my husband and I are totally capable of making our own decisions anyways, so her telling me what to do wouldn’t go over very well.

7: I may have been a prego fundie teen, but safety is not way down on my list of priorities, and it’s totally okay to ride a horse when you’re in your second trimester!?

8: Just because we didn’t name our daughter a Bible name doesn’t mean we’re going off the deep end?‍♀️

9: My husband shaving his face has absolutely nothing to do with our beliefs! Want the truth?? I don’t like kissing whiskers?

10: We aren’t fake Jews - my husband and I are actually pretty all American, but we do have a love for the Jewish people, the land of Israel, and the God of Israel.

11: For those of you worried about me getting enough rest, I have an awesome hubby who absolutely spoils me and often takes Dakota so that I can rest. The other day I went hiking, kayaking and played volleyball, while friends and family watched Dakota - although I absolutely love being a mom, it is so much fun getting a break sometimes, and totally recharges me!

Okay, I’m done with my rant?

One former poster commented:

Now a confession. I used to be on FJ, but I didn't post that much. I liked about it that they have so much information gathered in one place and they sometimes rightfully expose scandals. However, the FJ crowd, while criticizing Christians for being "intolerant, smug, uneducated", can be all those things at least as much as those they criticize and they are often way too harsh. Now I had already been bullied by "openminded" leftist feminists in another online community so when I saw that they were just the same, I left. I didn't want to support them in what they do.

So Jews can't be "all American"?

Fucking  Y I K E S. This whole family is flaming garbage.

I mean, she says that her and her families religious convictions are for themselves and not others, but I’m not the one protesting outside abortion clinics, so...

53 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I mean, she says that her and her families religious convictions are for themselves and not others, but I’m not the one protesting outside abortion clinics, so...

And writing an online magazine and blog, lol! Her sister was the head of Shining Stars but she helped. And of course there’s the Radical Femininity blog. 

Her immaturity is absolutely showing in that rant. You can tell she’s only 20. She sounds just like the other young fundie brides who get pissy about FJ. Maybe if she and her sisters had never written “Shining Stars” and “Radical Femininity” all about their amazing fundie ways then maybe no one would have noticed them. This is on them. You put your beliefs out there for the world to see online and people online will judge. Sorry your sheltered upbringing didn’t prepare you for that Abigail. 

That former poster would do well to remember that many FJers are Christians. Oh wait, only people like them are really Christian... :pb_rollseyes:

“There was no need to get an ultrasound done?” There’s ALWAYS a bloody need!! Even if it’s just to double check that everything is OK! Sheesh!!

Nobody ever said that Dakota’s name was an indication of them going off the deep end. It’s just that “Yael Mercy” is rather different to “Dakota Rose”. 

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

That former poster would do well to remember that many FJers are Christians. Oh wait, only people like them are really Christian... :pb_rollseyes:

“There was no need to get an ultrasound done?” There’s ALWAYS a bloody need!! Even if it’s just to double check that everything is OK! Sheesh!!

Nobody ever said that Dakota’s name was an indication of them going off the deep end. It’s just that “Yael Mercy” is rather different to “Dakota Rose”. 

I can’t believe they don’t get ultrasounds. It’s disturbing. She has no idea if it was needed. That’s the point of ultrasounds. I’m sure that since both babies came out ok, they will say “see, I was right. No ultrasound needed.” At least she had a midwife. Hopefully she’s licensed and knows what she’s doing. And no one much commented on the name of her baby. Just that it’s different from typical biblical names that seem to be popular amongst the fundies. Actually I thought it was good they chose something they liked instead of choosing something from the Bible because that’s what you have to do as a fundie. 

I’m glad Abigail’s husband doesn’t try to grow a beard. He looks like he would have a patchy thin one. Tommy Washburn has a very thin and unattractive beard. He would look much better shaved. The one nice thing I can say about James Manderino is that his beard is thick and nice looking. 

Abby Abby Abby Bless your heart.  Honey you and your husband and your buddies are fake Jews.  Cosplaying Jews (who in your world are not 100% all american?) does not show love.  It is a lot like wearing blackface (which will get your behind whooped in any public venue).  

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yes, her sister wrote about how her protest group kept calling a woman who was confident in her decision to get an abortion to try to convince her otherwise.

On the Facebook post another woman, Cheryl Long, who was followed by FJ commented. I'm not familiar with her or her blog though.

When I was blogging, they posted about our family and it was creepy the way they made assumptions and discussed us like they knew us in person! They still follow our family and keep up with marriages and such. Crazy that they have the time for that.

4 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

So Jews can't be "all American"?

Fucking  Y I K E S. This whole family is flaming garbage.

Yep. Shows how they really feel. They take bits and pieces of our culture for themselves but ultimately we are still the Other to them. I wonder if she has even met an ethnic, American Jew.

Abigail, I’d you are reading this, I am sorry your feelings were hurt. However, please understand that to actual, ethnic Jews what you are doing is offensive cultural appropriation. If you love the Jewish people like you claim, you would not cherry pick aspects of our culture to try on. (BTW saying you have love for the Jewish People is also really creepy and dehumanizing. We are individuals, not some concept for you to idealize).

Yikes. I know everyone else caught that already, but good job saying that Jewish people can't be American. 

I could have sworn Hannah said she met James on Jdate. 

What’s hilarious about Abigail’s little childish outburst is that she has provided so much more fodder! When will these fundie children learn? We actually weren’t talking much about her at all! We were mostly talking about her smug and ignorant sister and BIL. Abigail and Silas have kept a low profile online since getting married so there wasn’t much to talk about. But now we have LOTS to talk about. 

Thanks Abigail! ?

And another thing. If Abigail can’t see the humor of a fake Jew being named LaGoy then that is on her because it is HILARIOUS. 

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could have sworn Hannah said she met James on Jdate. 

What’s hilarious about Abigail’s little childish outburst is that she has provided so much more fodder! When will these fundie children learn? We actually weren’t talking much about her at all! We were mostly talking about her smug and ignorant sister and BIL. Abigail and Silas have kept a low profile online since getting married so there wasn’t much to talk about. But now we have LOTS to talk about. 

Thanks Abigail! ?

IIRC, she did meet him through a dating site, but I think it was one specific to fake Jews. 

I wonder how she would react to, "We're not fake Christians, we're actually pretty all-American but we do have a love for the Christian people."

5 minutes ago, artdecades said:

And another thing. If Abigail can’t see the humor of a fake Jew being named LaGoy then that is on her because it is HILARIOUS. 

It absolutely kills me every time I read his last name. It’s absolute perfection imo. 

Isn’t it always so funny when fundies brag about their lives and put a bunch of info out there for people to read, and then they get super pissy when people actually read it and have opinions about it! They just assume everyone will kiss their ass and tell them how amazing they are for the way they live. 

Sorry sweetie, that’s not how it works! I have never had a blog and my Facebook has always been locked up tight. And I don’t even post anything personal on FB for my small group of FB friends to read. I do this because 1) I’m a very private person in general and 2) I don’t care to know anyone’s opinions on my life (good or bad). So I refrain from putting my business out there for anyone to read. Abigail should do that as well if she hates any sort of dissenting opinion on her fake jewish life. 

I'm a little disappointed that she didn't address my biggest complaint-- their absolutely dismal horsemanship skills. PLEASE wear a helmet! And finds some friends (or professional) who do know how to ride well and properly and get some lessons. Have then help you get your horses' tack fitted correctly. 

But anyway, yes, if you don't want people to have an opinion of you, don't put it out there publicly. I'm another who doesn't post anything personal, even on my private FB page. 

I think it's good she knows that FJ is here and that she's seen what people think. It will plant a seed and maybe she'll start thinking about why she believes what she does, and what the Bible actually say. We all have to start somewhere. 

Also the former FJ poster isn't wrong. Some people here are judgemental, critical and overly harsh. I just ignore those people or stay off the threads that tend that way. *Shrug* 

I forgot too add, wouldn't just wearing "tassels" be the exact definition if a fake tallit? I looked it up to double check and the verse she quoted says to put fringe on the corners of your garment. I guess adding tassels to your jeans "counts". 

Brittany Vawser is complaining in comments that a thread about her blew up here back when her first was born. Sorry, unless I've got her confused with someone else, wasn't it her own mother who started that thread?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived