IGNORED

RC Sproul Jr, 2016 MERGED

DomWackTroll

On 11/20/2016 at 11:05 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Ruth and Boaz, eh? No biblical mention of Boaz whupping Ruth, IIRC, so maybe ole Dpanks has turned over s new leaf. And won't be turning Lisa over his knee. 

I wouldn't risk it! Who thinks she knows about his abuse of his late wife? I doubt she has a clue. 

She probably does.

On 1/23/2017 at 4:18 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Spanky watching the game yesterday in rather luxurious surroundings. I have a feeling he wouldn't cope too well with a... change in residence. 

This is her and her recent ex- husband's residence.

Must of been a quick divorce. It was filed in March 2016.

15 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh?

Yes

I have known her for many years.

She keeps showing up, like a bad penny.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Salty1 said:

Must of been a quick divorce. It was filed in March 2016.

It must be remembered that a woman should have a new headship as soon as possible.....

On 12/20/2016 at 0:07 AM, LydiaAnn said:

So, I'm about 98% sure the precious Lisa has been married FOUR times, divorced three. Her kids have three different maiden names (Hall, Broyles, Ringel). Interesting enough, only her son (Jordan) and son/possible step-son (Aaron) are friends with her on FB. None of her grown daughters are friends with her, yet they all have FB accounts. So, it appears that Lisa is no innocent lamb. 

Exactly !

Yes, she has now been divorced 3 times.

Aaron is step-son.

41 minutes ago, Howl said:

It must be remembered that a woman should have a new headship as soon as possible.....

Lining them up before the ink is dry.

On 3/29/2017 at 10:45 AM, GenerationCedarchip said:

I'd agree with you that SR is a Calvinist. However, I think there's a world of difference between the patriarchy folks and complementarians. Even under the complementarian umbrella, there's a pretty wide range of views.  I do think SR is a complementarian, but I haven't really seen any evidence that he's on board with patriarchy itself, though maybe I'm missing sometime. Just to clarify - by patriarchy, I'm pretty much talking about the tenets espoused by Vision Forum, the MacDonalds, RC Jr. and some of the folks in the Quiverfull movement.

Complementarianism is just a nicer way of saying patriarchy. The VFs and their ilk have taken it to its logical extreme in some ways, but it's not as far as you may expect, according to my experience. 

So-called mainstream evangelical churches have bought the Council for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood's teaching hook, line, and sinker for about twenty years now. They may not get hung up on peripherals of things like skirts-only or militant fecundity (although some do), but they are hard core proponents of female-subordination. They just call it complementarianism because they knew, back in the day when it was all being codified by this group, that patriarchy had deeply negative connotations. 

So in that sense Senior is just as much into patriarchy than Junior. 

10 hours ago, Salty1 said:

I have known her for many years.

She keeps showing up, like a bad penny.

Has Junior met his match, a match made in, um, heaven?

Oh, my goodness, so much gossip about Doug and Spanky today. Now that they will be legally united by the marriage of their children, perhaps we should give them a portmanteau. "Spug"? "Danky"? 

47 minutes ago, Howl said:

Let's see.  D for Doug +  Roul for Sproul = Droul. 

I think you win, Howl! 

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Has Junior met his match, a match made in, um, heaven?

Maybe, but that is what was said about her last one. 

Spando? 

A little bit of 1980s New Romantic (Spandau Ballet) with a hint of immodest tight clothing (spandex), as worn by ballet dancers?

Donky? DOug and SpaNKY?

Spanky and Lisa were married Oct 14, 2016.

Her divorce was filed on March 16, 2016. Haven't been able to locate date when it was finalized.

10 hours ago, Salty1 said:

Spanky and Lisa were married Oct 14, 2016.

Her divorce was filed on March 16, 2016. Haven't been able to locate date when it was finalized.

Wow, that was sure a fast courtship, huh? Because I'm oh-so-sure that they couldn't have possibly started anything while she was still married. 

*sarcasm off* 

The thing is, even if they weren't involved before she was legally divorced, this is still a total violation of all that Spanky taught for decades about marriage. Legal-shmegel; according to his teachings, she is still the wife of her first husband and both she and Spanky are adulterers. 

"Biblical divorce," you say? Okay, let's say she got a biblical divorce from her first husband. How about the second? The third? 

Lest you think I'm "slut shaming," no. I couldn't care less what Lisa does or doesn't do. Lisa wasn't the one out there making major bank with an extremely rigid, Old Testament version of what "marriage" means, telling divorced people and gay people that life and love were pretty much over for them. R.C. Sproul Jr. is the hypocrite, here. If Lisa made mistakes or "sinned" or whatever, well, then she did, but it's not really my business. 

15 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Wow, that was sure a fast courtship, huh? Because I'm oh-so-sure that they couldn't have possibly started anything while she was still married. 

*sarcasm off* 

Wonder if they met via Ashley Madison? 

15 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

"Biblical divorce," you say? Okay, let's say she got a biblical divorce from her first husband. How about the second? The third?

Well, maybe it was one biblical divorce + two grace widowhoods

Just a run of bad luck, fundie style, but then along comes #4 and bingo - he's the one!

On 5/2/2017 at 2:35 AM, Maxwell said:

Wonder if they met via Ashley Madison? 

I have to give credit where credit is due: @DomWackTroll mentioned this possibility back on page 1 or 2 of this thread.  Was reading the early pages looking for something and ran across his post.

I have to give credit where credit is due: [mention=11636]DomWackTroll[/mention] mentioned this possibility back on page 1 or 2 of this thread.  Was reading the early pages looking for something and ran across his post.

Do we really think she'd have been on Ashley Madison, considering how Holier Than Thou she seems to be?

57 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Do we really think she'd have been on Ashley Madison, considering how Holier Than Thou she seems to be?

Nothing surprises me with this bunch of weirdos anymore. And she might want to give herself thhe Holier Than Thou facade, but she has been divorced how many times? Three? I'm not buying it.

1 hour ago, FundieFarmer said:

Jr. was!

I don't think she was on Ashley Madison.

But she does tend to sniff out where $$$ is.

She is very far from "Holier then Thou". Probably the biggest fake, I have ever came across.

I know Jr. was on AM, but I don't think she would have been. I think that would've been a bit too much of a scandal and also something they couldn't have explained about how they met. 

I get that vibe about her, @Salty1. When I said "Holier Than Thou", that was really what I was referring to. Mostly fake, with a lot of the reassuring Facebook quotes that are more meant for herself than anybody who's following her.

1 hour ago, Salty1 said:

She is very far from "Holier then Thou". Probably the biggest fake, I have ever came across.

Just to confirm, you know her personally? And you're not just going on second-hand 'prayer requests' and community chatter?

And you're not one of her exes, or someone with a personal grievance?

I mean, I'm not invested in defending the new Mrs. Sproul. And I'm going to take your accounts with a grain of salt either way. But you are a newbie and kind of a rando, so I just want to get that out in the air.

1 hour ago, Salty1 said:

Wife:  Spanky, honey, I think we need to put all of your assets in my name in case you get sued or go to jail over that bothersome DUI. 

Junior:  Ummmmm.....

1 hour ago, Jencendiary said:

Just to confirm, you know her personally? And you're not just going on second-hand 'prayer requests' and community chatter?

And you're not one of her exes, or someone with a personal grievance?

I mean, I'm not invested in defending the new Mrs. Sproul. And I'm going to take your accounts with a grain of salt either way. But you are a newbie and kind of a rando, so I just want to get that out in the air.

Yes, I know her personally. Have for many years. 

Everything I know, is not from her "prayer chains" or community chatter.

Not one of her ex's. 

Personal grievances, are long ago and forgotten. After I figured her out it wasn't worth time or energy.

As I said, she keeps turning up, like a bad penny.

I was out doing errands a couple weeks ago, and she was brought up, along with the new hubby. Also her ex was brought up.

I recognized his (Spanky) name, but wasn't sure how. Did internet search on him. Ended up here. 

Thus the reason I am new.

No personal grudge's, just find it all extremely sad and funny.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Wife:  Spanky, honey, I think we need to put all of your assets in my name in case you get sued or go to jail over that bothersome DUI. 

Junior:  Ummmmm.....

Not sure that how that would work out.

She has had her share of legal problems.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived