IGNORED

RC Sproul Jr, 2016 MERGED

DomWackTroll

9 hours ago, Schmoopy said:

At what point does the death of a parent as an adult become an excuse? Six years?  Not to be insensitive, but this is enabling at its worst.  

I wouldn't call you insensitive.  I would call you mind-blowingly ignorant about the grieving process.  And callous.   

1 hour ago, Schmoopy said:

What a novel idea that someone actually get help and stopping using "excuses" to not care for his wife. 

And even more mind-blowingly ignorant about mental health issues.  And cruel.

13 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

Spanky stopped bad habits.

He may have cut back on the booze for the moment but unless you are Spanky himself you cannot comment on his habits - good or bad.  If he is indeed an alcoholic it will be a lifelong struggle for him to stay off the bottle.  Of course driving drunk may just mean he is just a criminally irresponsible ass and a terrible parent.   We are just assuming he has a disease. 

Spanky could be surfing the net to find his next soulmate help his aging parents again, planning a come-back to preach female submission publicly, or beating up his wife for all you know.

Do we know how Spanky even met Lisa?  Was she on Ashley Maddison too?  They certainly got hitched very quickly after her divorce.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never read Campbell’s Blog so I don’t  know if he writes as though he’s making excuses, or simply admitting that his illness and his bereavement are negatively affecting his life.

The first of the 12 Steps is “admitting we are powerless”  over some thing within us or outside ourselves.  It sounds as though that’s what Campbell may be doing now in his writing, and to make it Internet-public is a courageous thing indeed.

I'm an emotional, compulsive overeater. There are hundreds of photos  of me on my FB and none show me with food in my mouth or a dining utensil in my hand. So the fact that Lisa’s photo collection doesn’t show her drinking doesn’t impress  me a bit — but more than that, schmoopy’s mention if it seems very out of left field. 

Ok, schmoop, so you’re not Steve Maxwell. 

Are you Rick Arndt? Cathy Arndt?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived