IGNORED

My friend saw Mama Duggar in the grocery store

Kitchen Princess

trustworthy
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:08 PM, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Even if she did the long loose curls like Jump for Me Bin Jessa it would be an improvement. But you know what Boob married her in the 1980s so her 80s 'do could be the only individuality she has left from the Gothard-aide

I think holding on to the 80s do makes her feel like she's still as young as she was in the 80s.  Changing the hair would make all the difference -- she does look amazingly young and good for a 50 year old who's been pregnant 17 times and she does have a pretty face.  Getting rid of the mullet and letting the hair wave or be straight more naturally and then lopping off 6  inches at least -- she could look quite lovely.  If you look at her teenage pictures she definitely has wave/soft curls naturally, but not the stuff you see now -- what she has now does look permed.

• Upvote 12
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SassyPants

• CorruptionInc.

• ChunkyBarbie

• Percy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An unchaperoned woman! Scandalous! Who knows what sort of trouble she could get into? She might suddenly strip down into a bikini and cause a wave of divorces in the grocery store!

I misread that as "lets her boobs out." 

Yeah that's definitely her. She's like Marge Simpson, immediately recognizable by a shadow or at a distance because of her clothes and a bizarre hairstyle, presumably worn for the shock value.

Posted Images

infooverload

Does anyone think Austen ' s mom looks similar to Michelle if she straightened her hair.

Edited by December
removing Tapatalk signature
Sir Puddington

All the Duggar women have thick, beautiful hair.  When Michelle's hair isn't all gunked up with products it has the potential to look quite nice even if the cut/style is a little dated (see photo below). The outfit isn't that horrifying either, she just looks like a very conservative kindergarten teacher. Compared to the crap they were wearing in their earliest TV appearances, she really has updated her look a bit. At this rate only 150 years until she makes it to gym shorts and a proper bra.

635678381233850725-A03-BABY-13.jpg

• Upvote 7
SassyPants
13 hours ago, Sir Puddington said:

All the Duggar women have thick, beautiful hair.  When Michelle's hair isn't all gunked up with products it has the potential to look quite nice even if the cut/style is a little dated (see photo below). The outfit isn't that horrifying either, she just looks like a very conservative kindergarten teacher. Compared to the crap they were wearing in their earliest TV appearances, she really has updated her look a bit. At this rate only 150 years until she makes it to gym shorts and a proper bra.

Jana- Shit, how many more are going to walk out of there before she and the baby daddy decide enough is enough"?

Justin- mining for gold

Josh and JD- WTHE.

• Upvote 11
CorruptionInc.

Michelle has a boatload of hair - I wish I had that much!

Jill looks straight out of the 80's there. 

Who is the little one that looks shocked?? I forget around Joy-Anna lol

• Upvote 1

I think that's Jason. 

Michelle's hair is actually shorter now, maybe 3-4 inches shorter, anyway.  I don't think she's perming it as much as she's just letting it be naturally curly like it always has been.  She just permed it when it was so long b/c the longer it was, and so thick, it straightened it out more.  My 16 yr old has super long hair and it's nearly straight b/c of the thickness and length.  If sh cut it off though, it would be much curlier.

On that makeover episode, they straightened Michelle's hair, and it looked 'ok', but I think she (and JB) and honestly I think it looks better when she leaves it naturally wavy/curly.  By the time she drove home from the salon it was wavy/curly again, and looked good.  She didn't like it so 'short' (yeah, short is relative, but when your hair has been to your waist for years and you chop it to just below shoulders, it feels SHORT.), so I'm not surprised she grew it out several inches though.

• Upvote 2
Fascinated

I believe that photo is around the time I became aware of the Duggars. I didn't yet even realize how completely fucked up they were. I saw all those kids, and a little row of tiny boys and my heart just broke for them. How on earth could they possibly receive the attention from their parents that they needed?  Well, of course, I soon learned that they couldn't.  And didn't.  

• Upvote 13
ophelia

It makes me cringe when I imagine how they possibly dealt with sibling jealousy. A friend of mine had her second daughter about a year ago and her firstborn daughter, who was two at that time, really had a hard time adjusting to the new situation and to accept that she is not the baby anymore and that there is someone else on her mothers lap. Now she is the cutest and most protective and proudest big sister you could ever imagine, but it has been quite a struggle.

So now imagine how this was treated in the Duggar household - with a new baby each year and a mother that only cares about you as long as she nurses you and then hands you over to a buddy. Those poor kiddos.

• Upvote 12
candygirl200413

@ophelia That is so true! I always told my parents that I'm glad they stopped after me and my twin brother because as the youngest i already know I would be rough to the change of not being the baby and it would take forever to make that adjustment.

I also wonder how exhausted do they get being with each other since they can't really have me time by themselves unless it's in the bathroom or for some wonderful reason they can go someone with no buddy (can they travel alone if they aren't courting?), My two siblings are completely introverted and I'm extroverted and it took me years to learn that they get exhaust being around people instead of taking it personal.

• Upvote 3
HarleyQuinn

The hair in that photo is unfortunate all around. I  mean, Michelle's always is, but Jana's at least looks far better now. 

LadyCrow1313
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:50 AM, Sir Puddington said:

I'd love to see someone with Photoshop skills go to town on this picture. Add some ebil rock n roll shirts, punk hairdos and assorted piercings & voila! New & Improved Duggars!  :chi-yes:

• Upvote 6
Chocolatedefrauded

Every time I see their early family photos, I wonder how much time they spent on hair care. Long thick hair can tangle easily. Especially if you don't braid it at night. If you rely on older sisters to comb it, there will be pain or a crap job of detangling. Sorry, our homeschool sucked but it took 1-2 hours a morning to make our girls hair pretty. Cause that's more important, you know.

• Upvote 7
freedom_for_all
7 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Every time I see their early family photos, I wonder how much time they spent on hair care. Long thick hair can tangle easily. Especially if you don't braid it at night. If you rely on older sisters to comb it, there will be pain or a crap job of detangling. Sorry, our homeschool sucked but it took 1-2 hours a morning to make our girls hair pretty. Cause that's more important, you know.

As someone with long unruly hair, it is no fun!

• Upvote 3
MarblesMom

This is not about the hair, as crunchy or dated as it may be.  Let the hair slide back into the 80s where it belongs.

Which of the kids has a future outside of Duggarville?

Which of the single kids live FT outside of Duggarville?

Which kids have FT jobs outside of Duggarville that can support their families?

Which of the adult kids are in college?

Which adult Duggar has been married longer than a year or two without producing offspring?

• Upvote 9
SassyPants
10 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

This is not about the hair, as crunchy or dated as it may be.  Let the hair slide back into the 80s where it belongs.

Which of the kids has a future outside of Duggarville?

Which of the single kids live FT outside of Duggarville?

Which kids have FT jobs outside of Duggarville that can support their families?

Which of the adult kids are in college?

Which adult Duggar has been married longer than a year or two without producing offspring?

Duggarville is all about JB having supreme control over everyone and everything.

It's the JB Cult.

• Upvote 4
On 11/30/2016 at 8:54 PM, candygirl200413 said:

@ophelia That is so true! I always told my parents that I'm glad they stopped after me and my twin brother because as the youngest i already know I would be rough to the change of not being the baby and it would take forever to make that adjustment.

I also wonder how exhausted do they get being with each other since they can't really have me time by themselves unless it's in the bathroom or for some wonderful reason they can go someone with no buddy (can they travel alone if they aren't courting?), My two siblings are completely introverted and I'm extroverted and it took me years to learn that they get exhaust being around people instead of taking it personal.

Can you imagine what it was like when there were fifteen kids in that three-bedroom ranch-style home? I can't even fathom where they'd put all the beds.

• Upvote 6
choralcrusader8613
7 hours ago, Stormy said:

Can you imagine what it was like when there were fifteen kids in that three-bedroom ranch-style home? I can't even fathom where they'd put all the beds.

If I remember correctly, some of them were sleeping on the couch.

• Upvote 2
LadyCrow1313
2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

If I remember correctly, some of them were sleeping on the couch.

Did they have a few sleep together on the same bed? And didn't they use bunk beds, too?

• Upvote 3
Iokaste

How is it that no one is commetning on the glue-down hairstyle of the male duggarlings? That is imho equally as bad as the girls' unkempt tresses.
I much prefer little boys to have "softer" hairstyles and at least not something akin to a "mini 80ies businessman"... 

• Upvote 5
princessmahina
On 11/29/2016 at 6:09 PM, slp said:

I think that's Jason. 

Michelle's hair is actually shorter now, maybe 3-4 inches shorter, anyway.  I don't think she's perming it as much as she's just letting it be naturally curly like it always has been.  She just permed it when it was so long b/c the longer it was, and so thick, it straightened it out more.  My 16 yr old has super long hair and it's nearly straight b/c of the thickness and length.  If sh cut it off though, it would be much curlier.

On that makeover episode, they straightened Michelle's hair, and it looked 'ok', but I think she (and JB) and honestly I think it looks better when she leaves it naturally wavy/curly.  By the time she drove home from the salon it was wavy/curly again, and looked good.  She didn't like it so 'short' (yeah, short is relative, but when your hair has been to your waist for years and you chop it to just below shoulders, it feels SHORT.), so I'm not surprised she grew it out several inches though.

I didn't think her straight hair looked all that great myself. A couple years ago they did her hair with big barrel curls and it looked kind of 70s inspired. It was beautiful. Probably too much work for everyday, but Mullet has really great hair when it's styled properly.

• Upvote 3
CorruptionInc.
2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I didn't think her straight hair looked all that great myself. A couple years ago they did her hair with big barrel curls and it looked kind of 70s inspired. It was beautiful. Probably too much work for everyday, but Mullet has really great hair when it's styled properly.

She's letting it go to waste, she could have so much fun with her hair and style it in so many ways. However, hair styling takes time and JB wants sex 24/7...

Edited by CorruptionInc.
Grammar!
  • Upvote 2
HarleyQuinn
10 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Did they have a few sleep together on the same bed? And didn't they use bunk beds, too?

IIRC they had two rooms and two bunk beds in each room. Joy shared a bed with Jill and I think Jana had to sleep with  howler.

• Upvote 2
trustworthy
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:27 AM, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I used to be a high school teacher in a bad public school and all the girls had major big mall rat teased hair.  They almost never did their homework. When I asked one girl why she said, "Ms. Trustworthy, I get up at 5 am to do my hair!"

• Upvote 6
Avalondaughter
On 11/2/2016 at 9:24 PM, Gossamer1 said:

I have naturally curly hair.  I would rarely straighten my hair myself because it took hours and the end result was never really what I was looking to achieve.  A friend turned me on to the InStyler. It is amazing! I will wash my hair at night. Sleep on it damp so it is already partially flatened and finish with the InStyler in the morning. It is quick and gives me a great result.  Mine is 4 or 5 years old now and still works well.

I have seriously curly hair and I wear it long.  Hair is very thick and curls are tight. I never straighten because it takes hours.  If I want it straight, I pay someone to do it.

But the InStyler really works?  I have alwaysbeen curious, but I read mixed reviews on stuff like that.

Where in NY Metro are you from?  I'm from that general area too (Westchester)

• Upvote 1

• Recent Status Updates

• HerNameIsBuffy

HerNameIsBuffy

Imperfect Foods - have anyone tried them?  
      I'm getting my first box today.  I've never done a subscription box of any kind before, and I'm disproportionately excited.
      · 3 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

HerNameIsBuffy

But it's still Friday so there's that!

· 0 replies
    • Kailash

Kailash

Side note: This is a special To Do list, as it’s @Karma’s last weekend before her surgery so please join in with your plans and well wishes for her. ❤️
      Hey Friends! It’s Friday here, and I’m on a three day weekend, two of which I’ll be without my car. So I have no excuse not to get things done! Join me in grandiose ideas of productivity or even realistic goals. 😀

· 12 replies
    • finnlassie

finnlassie

Ended a toxic relationship. Last nail in the coffin was calling my dad about this yesterday, and him immediately listing reasons why he didn't like him. Yeah. I trust his judgement more than anyone else's. QUARANTINE SINGLE TIMES WOOOOOO!!!!
      · 2 replies
    • Destiny

Destiny

Tonight's attempt at making delicious tofu is in the oven. Early results seem promising so far.
      I love tofu and being able to make it and not have it be hot garbage would be delightful.
      · 2 replies
    • Don'tlikekoolaid

Don'tlikekoolaid

Tsunami warnings for Hawaii and Australia.  Stay safe to FJ people and everyone else too.
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

The first sounds recorded on Mars. 

· 0 replies
    • petrushka

petrushka

Had Mr. P admitted to hospital with a GI bleed. Tests tomorrow. I'm exhausted and worried.
      · 3 replies
    • PumaLover

PumaLover

Hey everyone! I was curious if anyone has any experience using Noom? I keep seeing commercials for it and from what I've read there are a lot of positive experiences. Mr. Puma is at his highest weight he's been since I've known him and I thought it might work for him, since it's about changing your lifestyle, not dieting. 
      · 8 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Happy Read Across America Day!

In honor of the day, I'll probably focus on my new J.A. Jance book and save watching the first season of The Mentalist for tomorrow. 
      · 2 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.