IGNORED

Questions for a future son-in-law

Koala

The Shoebox blog is still there, but private so she can decice who reads it. 

Haley is getting married next week. Well, they seem to be in love right now, as well as Emily and Wesley still seem to like each other (and as far as I know, she's not pregnant yet so they had some time to get to know each other without a crying baby). I hope for them that it lasts. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, I was looking for updates on the family, and on REAGAN RAMM!!'s twitter, he says

One of the great things about homeschooling is you can train your children to think about what matters most in life. "Like" if you agree!

I am amazed by this - does he really think that parents can control how children THINK?   This is pretty much the opposite of things I see homeschool-fans advocating - that they get to use their children's interests as a 'hook' to  get them interested in other subjects too.  So a kid who loves nature can have their maths and English lessons built around nature, while one who is into robots gets theirs bespoked differently.
The worst part of it is it's riffing on, and seemingly totally misunderstanding, the Einstein quote:

Education Is Not the Learning of Facts, But the Training of the Mind To Think

Although I am laughing at the fact he's mis-quoting, as the actual quote seems to be

“It is not so very important for a person to learn facts. For that he does not really need a college. He can learn them from books. The value of an education in a liberal arts college is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think something that cannot be learned from textbooks.”

Anyway, has anyone seen any updates on the family?  They all seem to have been super-quiet since Cheryl's bonkers "questions..." kerfuffle...

They got married last month. First baby is already on the way (Haley's six weeks pregnant). I had  hoped they would have more time to get used to being married without a baby... 

I looked at the Facebook announcement of the pregnancy. She might even be only four weeks along (due date 30.1. it says). That's very early to announce a pregnancy, in my opinion. And she lives now with her in-law family, I think on the same property, but I'm not sure about that. But she and Reagan didn't really start an independent life, at least that's what it looks like for me. I don't know. But they still look happy, as do Emily and Wesley. 

10 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

She might even be only four weeks along (due date 30.1. it says). That's very early to announce a pregnancy, in my opinion. 

i actually just had this conversation the other day with my husband. It seems like many of my friends are announcing their pregnancies earlier and earlier, ok you do you, but I was explaining to him why i wouldn't be comfortable with that and I managed to get through to him with "if I miscarry are you going to call every one of those people on Facebook who saw it so they don't ask us in public and make me cry?"

i really don't judge those who choose to announce at such an early stage, but I am far too anxious to be comfortable with that. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haley now has a Facebook page where she shares health tips and relationship advice. It's called Healthy Living With Haley Ramm (previously her Lilla Rose Page). So... Looking forward to what she's going to share with her followers! :D 

Hm. I don't know. She's such a cute and nice girl (from what I know). I feel sorry for her that she didn't have the chance to go to college.

• 1 month later...

Haley had a miscarriage. And she's creating content for the Ramms' family blog Coastal Conservatory and had the opportunity to travel to a few conferences about internet marketing with her hubby Reagan. 

Archived