IGNORED

SC waitress heartbroken after receiving tip saying 'A woman's place is in the home'

Fruitcake

Sounds like something Lydia would write since she's so adamant about women staying at home. 

Wow. What the hell did I just read.

I have a tip for that couple, "Don't f'ing eat out at a resturant because you know damn well the odds are very high to have a female server." :Grrrrr: 

Perfect revenge, IMO, IF this nasty couple were to return to the restaurant: Have a male server wait on them. If the female server is there, have her take a good long break while the couple is there. Have him intentionally screw up their orders and have the cook spit in their food. Wait for their inevitable complaint. Tell them something like, "See, if you hadn't been so insulting to your competent female server last time, maybe our competent female server would have been here to wait on you this time and not mess up your order." Laugh at their response.

At least, that's my fantasy.  

WTF.  That is such a hideous message and an incredibly horrible way to deliver it.  What horrible people, leaving that for her instead of money she needs to survive.  

It'll be karmic justice if someone in the back winds up spitting in their food. ETA: bit rough, I know, but I truly feel for that waitress...just, how fucking vicious and mean and unnecessary.  What a way to reward the "excelent"  \service they'd received.  

these assclowns have made me genuinely angry.  "handouts to feed your family"? "this is the reason your husband must see another woman on his way home from work"?  MUST???1?   where is the fucking logic with that?  so hubby works, and because he doesn't earn enough to cover his family's expenses, he's entitled to fuck around?  fuck these people and their smarmy bullshit note.  they can shove it up their asses.  bastards. 

sorry for the language; these people have really pissed me off.

Ugh. I knew this had to be Greenville just from the thread title. They're probably a Bob Jones family. 

The level of condescension is staggering. 

Oh, this state of mine. Always outdoing itself.

I wish I knew which restaurant this was because I'd go and ask to be seated in this waitress's section.  I'd love to give her a big tip!

So instead of coming to your 'job' and looking for handouts to feed your family, how's about going home and cleaning your house and

cooking a hot meal for your husband and children, the way your husband and God intended, and help make America great again.

Says the couple eating at a restaurant?

And of course, if she didn't or couldn't work to support herself, people like this would be calling the woman a welfare queen. Women literally can't win.

The grammar and spelling in that note are almost as horrible as its hateful message. Poor waitress. 

Pretty sure most of the fundies discussed here wouldn't be so bold as to do something this out there. 

17 minutes ago, December said:

The grammar and spelling in that note are almost as horrible as its hateful message. Poor waitress. 

Pretty sure most of the fundies discussed here wouldn't be so bold as to do something this out there. 

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them would. Haven't the Duggars left tracts that looked like $20 bills or whatever instead of real bills when they've gone to restaurants? I seem to remember hearing that.  To me, it's just a step toward doing stuff like that couple did... >:(

3 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them would. Haven't the Duggars left tracts that looked like $20 bills or whatever instead of real bills when they've gone to restaurants? I seem to remember hearing that.  To me, it's just a step toward doing stuff like that couple did... >:(

Good point. I think the note's even more on the nose than they'd do. Then again, I just remembered the Michelle anti-trans robo-call, so perhaps I shouldn't expect anything more nuanced. 

Perhaps the woman in that couple, if she feels so strongly, should be home cooking her husband a meal instead of eating out! What vile people! Notice the tag line, "make AMERICA great again," -- Trumpsters! F@#*$*g bastards! I wish I knew who this waitress was, I would send her a tip, a real one!

Uh, having the female half of the workforce all stay home would make America great again? Any idea how many immigrant men would it take to do all that waitressing?

How the fuck does the couple even know that the waitress has a husband who is capable of single handedly supporting the family?

I realise this is petty, and I by no means have perfect grammar or spelling, but I wish the news outlet hadn't corrected the spelling and punctuation errors. Perhaps that couple seeing (sic) on practically every line would think twice before writing a note like that again.

I can't believe they signed it 'love'. What love? It's a hateful screed of shite.

The hypocrisy is strong here - if I really believed I shouldn't be served by a working woman, I'd say so at the start of the meal (which checking there were no women working in the kitchen, or heaven forbid, if the place wasn't owned by a woman), and if served by a man, tip appropriately, and if all the waitstaff were women, go somewhere else, or eat at home (and face the consequences of possibly being laughed out of the restaurant by the owner and banned*).  That would be living by my convictions.

But noooooooo!  These clowns get all the advantages of women in the workplace, getting good service while Mrs Clown doesn't have to work to feed HER husband - and then get to save money and feel incredibly self-righteous at the same time by not tipping!  What Would Jesus Do indeed.

*(I always enjoy the (possibly apocryphal) stories of the post-Church crowd chiding restaurant/diner staff for working on a Sunday, and then getting horrified when the answer is "you're right, you'd better just leave so I can close")

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Uh, having the female half of the workforce all stay home would make America great again? Any idea how many immigrant men would it take to do all that waitressing?

How the fuck does the couple even know that the waitress has a husband who is capable of single handedly supporting the family?

What a disgusting note. I hope the waitress is ok.

Maybe this is an already known thing (so please excuse my ignorance), but how would/did aholes like this feel when women had to be the ones to work in factories during wartime (ie, WW2)? Most men were away from the home & the women needed to be the proverbial breadwinners. Or would this be a concept that'd make their heads explode?

12 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Maybe this is an already known thing (so please excuse my ignorance), but how would/did aholes like this feel when women had to be the ones to work in factories during wartime (ie, WW2)? Most men were away from the home & the women needed to be the proverbial breadwinners. Or would this be a concept that'd make their heads explode?

for some it might be  a we-are-so-well-off-we-have-no-other-problems kind of problem

if they had something real to worry about like their sons going to war, the person taking their order having a womb wouldn't seem like a problem.

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The floodwaters at the coast are causing the vermin to crawl inland.

Unfortunately, upper SC can be quite conservative.

13 hours ago, catlady said:

these assclowns have made me genuinely angry.  "handouts to feed your family"? "this is the reason your husband must see another woman on his way home from work"?  MUST???1?   where is the fucking logic with that?  so hubby works, and because he doesn't earn enough to cover his family's expenses, he's entitled to fuck around?  fuck these people and their smarmy bullshit note.  they can shove it up their asses.  bastards. 

sorry for the language; these people have really pissed me off.

When I read the part about "handouts to feed your family", I wondered if the couple was assuming that the restaurant gives away left overs to their staff or free meals. Some restaurants have the "one free meal per shift" benefit for employees. But some restaurants don't offer things like that to employees and many places just do employee discounts. It was douchy for the couple to put that there.

The part about the husband seeing another woman was much worse and the couple who did that are pieces of shit who should stay the fuck away from restaurants because as other posters have said there is always a high chance a woman will be serving them.

3 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

In the WWII movie Since You Went Away,  Claudette Colbert plays the mother of two daughters whose husband is away at the war.  He older daughter is working at a rehab hospital for wounded soldiers and the younger daughter is in high school.  One of the mother's "friends" asks the mother how she can have her daughter work at the hospital?  Is that a fitting job for a young lady?  Claudette then realizes that she could and should be doing more for the war effort and gets a job in a factory building warplanes.  (ETA:  Wikipedia says it's a shipyard where Claudette works.)

Ads from the war and aimed at women are interesting to read.  "THE MORE WOMEN AT WORK, THE SOONER WE'LL WIN THE WAR" was one slogan and ads for feminine hygiene products frequently emphasized minimizing absenteeism at during "the difficult days" of "that time of the month".

Archived