IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  They had their family photo shoot last Sun.  Poor bragged about how wonderful autumn is.  Nobody says autumn anymore Poor, its fucking fall.  I hate fall Cuz it means winter is coming.  And the kids played in the leaves.  Also an Ellie sighting.  Hadn't seen Ellie so long U thought Coward declared her an idol and made Poor get rid of her.  Doesn't Goofy own a shirt that isn't plaid?  Guess it's better than Amish's frumpers.

Actually plenty of people say autumn. But I agree it's weird, because I'm pretty sure midwesters mostly say fall, don't they?

Does anyone else think the lack of Joseph and Elissa and baby on the blog is weird? Maybe there's been a rift.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, terranova said:

Actually plenty of people say autumn. But I agree it's weird, because I'm pretty sure midwesters mostly say fall, don't they?

Does anyone else think the lack of Joseph and Elissa and baby on the blog is weird? Maybe there's been a rift.

Im from the Midwest and everyone says fall.  As for Smug and Invisible I think It's more they dont want to be more on the blog than a rift.  They did go on what some call a vacation with the family.

I say Autumn but then I'm British :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

The leaf fight looks fun though. 

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but it would help me (and possibly others) if we didn't use the nicknames for everyone. Stevehovah is easy enough, but I have trouble keeping straight who is supposed to be what, especially when the Maxwells are so bland.

Sarah may be trained/allowed to use autumn only, since "Fall" could indicate man's fall.  (Kind of like Stevehovah whiting out the lyrics to "Row Your Boat", because of their subversiveness.) 

We managed our extended family photo session last Sunday, which is quite a feat to get everyone’s schedules arranged. I’ll share those pictures later.

come on Sarah! no one of you works outside the home, it's not that hard

It's Reversal Anna's Birthday. 

We all know her birthday post will be generic [She loves Jesus/children/ blessing her family with her cooking and cleaning/caramel lattes, and she's such a blessing and an encouragement] and completed with a proof text from Prov 31.  She'll have dinner with the extended family (such a blessing that everyone found the time in their busy, busy schedule),followed by a special family Bible Time.  The next year will be jammed full of smoothie making and cleaning ceiling fans, with a good dose of babysitting the ABCDs while Mel is on bedrest gestating E.

I'd wish a twenty fifth year full of adventure and hijinks but we all know it ain't gonna happen.

My God that birthday post reads like a "job wanted" ad. Or I guess what passes as a personal ad in their warped little world.

She's good with kids, she cooks and (wait for it, this is a special surprise twist!) she cleans! here's a picture to show how pretty she is without immodestly pointing out that she is pretty!

Anna, I wish this is the year where you escape, or, barring that, where you start to think critically. Have a good one.

She plays with her nieces and nephews, she cooks, and she cleans - but how does Anna Like her coffee?  I've forgotten.

I would really hate it if some relative turned up at my house and wanted to do a "surprise" cleaning.  Make an appointment if you are judging me and my house cleaning abilities please.  

Every time a Maxwell has a birthday I end up feeling incredibly sad for them. Their birthday posts are like a card from an acquaintance. Nothing at all personal or unique; nothing sincere, it's all about jesus and diligence and delighting.

My most recent birthday was spent with family  relatives all day, just by chance that other family relatives were in from out of town, and I got a ton of birthday wishes I wouldn't normally get because I don't usually see my cousin's kids and the like on my birthday. Their birthday wishes were more personal than any Maxwell wish. Not one commented on what I delight in or how diligent I am or how I love jesus. One cousin & his fiancé even bought me a bottle of wine and a wood sign that says "Any time is wine time". They actually know something about me, and we don't live in the same house or anything.

The generic existence of the Maxwells is nothing but sad.

Amen to all the comments on the birthday post. It sounds like what they write for Mary. In fact, Mary's post this year didn't say a thing about her personality, only how they love seeing how the Lord acts in her life. Same as the year before. 

38 minutes ago, uber frau said:

Sarah has nothing to say about Mary's personality because Mary isn't allowed to have one. 

But but but she's a CREATIVE! Not the adjective but the noun! 

Google shows that creative is a noun, but it applies to people whose creativity is part of their job. Even so, it's an odd word to choose. It just makes me think "a creative WHAT?"

But but but she's a CREATIVE! Not the adjective but the noun! 
Google shows that creative is a noun, but it applies to people whose creativity is part of their job. Even so, it's an odd word to choose. It just makes me think "a creative WHAT?"

I've never seen creative used as a singular noun, only as a generic plural (eg. "The morning routines of creatives"). Calling an individual "a creative" sounds weird to me.

45 minutes ago, uber frau said:

Sarah has nothing to say about Mary's personality because Mary isn't allowed to have one. 

She sparkles for Jesus.  Goofy Anna is now 24, same age as Poor Sarah when their blog started.

14 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

She sparkles for Jesus.  Goofy Anna is now 24, same age as Poor Sarah when their blog started.

DYING at sparkling for Jesus. 

The top Anna is wearing in her birthday photos is cute.  Apparently she does own tops that aren't plaid!

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I would really hate it if some relative turned up at my house and wanted to do a "surprise" cleaning.  Make an appointment if you are judging me and my house cleaning abilities please.  

I would be seriously horrified if relatives showed up out of the blue to say "surprise! we think your house needs to be cleaned and we are going to do it!" 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I would be seriously horrified if relatives showed up out of the blue to say "surprise! we think your house needs to be cleaned and we are going to do it!" 

I would be upset also. They clean for Melanie and Nathan because she usually can't do much while pregnant.  I've seen pictures of Nathan and Christopher's houses they looked pretty clean to me. Does anyone think they clean it because  Steve thinks the houses are dirty?  

On 10/30/2016 at 4:14 AM, molecule said:

I've gotten the impression that he is uncomfortable with his own sexuality. Having even a twinge of sexual awareness that isn't about Teri seems to distress him. I figure guilt may be part of that, but I think a lot of it is fear (of turning into his father? of becoming selfish? of not being a good husband?).

I don't think he's comfortable with anyone's sexuality.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived