IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

My MIL lives in Mississippi, so I see her maybe once a year. I'm in Iowa. My MIL and FIL are raising their grandson (my nephew by marriage). My husband's brother has many legal issues. That means I've never been asked the 'when are you going to get pregnant yet?' questions. Maybe it's the distance. Maybe it's because my MIL is physically drained from being in her mid 50's and still raising a 10 year old.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/27/2016 at 3:37 AM, alba said:

Do we have the same MIL? :pb_lol:

Mr Alba's mum KNOWS we don't want kids and she still brings them up Every. Damn. Time. we visit. Last time we were there, less than five minutes after we'd arrived, I made an off-hand comment about how my wedding bands are slightly too big, and her response was, 'It's okay, your fingers will swell up when you get pregnant.'

I love her, but honestly, the woman doesn't know when to stop.

It's mean, it's cruel, but honestly she's asking for it. Respond with "At what point does the swelling go away?" When she responds say "Funny. You still look a little bloated."

On 10/26/2016 at 9:34 PM, ClaraOswin said:

My MIL constantly bugged us about it. My husband basically yelled at her on a few occasions. Now that we have one kid she did shut up about it. And we've made it pretty well known that we aren't having anymore.

My husband literally yells at her when she does it. I am at my wit's end. I want a child one day but I want it clear to my manipulator in law NOW that the child will be MY baby not hers and she will not bully me into having one and she will not bully me into anything else baby related. This is the same woman who had to go to my honeymoon destination a year later, get a bigger diamond, redo her house when we bought one, and tried to wear white to my wedding. She crashed my mother's house to "help" in other words "try to take control of" the bridal shower my mother organized, and then she interrupted a speech my mother gave her guests about raising her daughter. When I heard after the fact how she had treated my mother I was livid!! Its her prerogative to hint and demand until she gets her way and I'm not having it. She and MeeChelle could be besties.

17 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

My MIL lives in Mississippi, so I see her maybe once a year. I'm in Iowa. My MIL and FIL are raising their grandson (my nephew by marriage). My husband's brother has many legal issues. That means I've never been asked the 'when are you going to get pregnant yet?' questions. Maybe it's the distance. Maybe it's because my MIL is physically drained from being in her mid 50's and still raising a 10 year old.

Mine would LOVE for me to surrender my baby to her to control. 

On 10/22/2016 at 5:19 AM, titerlitury said:

After watching last episode of Counting On I have to say that I'm really tired of "Princess treating" for Jill. Especially that her plot is absolutely boring. I know, they need this guest house renovation for Jana and younger siblings, but hey, how many times we have to watch all family tiptoing around Boring Jill. Courtship, engagement, wedding, pregnancy, labour, pre-missionary time... And now they're going back to Sintral America on Decemeber. So one day the're back to US.  I just can not wait to another furniture shopping.

I don't see how Jill is the favorite either! she's boring!! "Sintral Amurica with my Gringo baby that might be kidnapped by brown people?" No Jill the brown people don't want your mystery bruised blanket trained child!!!

On 10/22/2016 at 8:41 PM, BackseatMom said:

I totally agree with you, it seems like a contradiction. But if you look back - Boob humping J'chelle at mini golf, constant "this is what you can do when you are married" kissing, allowing births to be video taped, and so on - I think they don't consider relations between married couples and the consequences to be a modesty issue. I think they define modesty as an issue outside of marriage only (as many cultures do). The weird part is that the "between married couples" exception doesn't need to be private. It is fair for public consumption, maybe as part of their "ministry."

You hit the nail on the head with the last sentence. "Part of their ministry" is 100% how these people speak. Translated "ministry" means "Let's rub in the heathen's faces that we have a better marriage a better life better kids ECT because we are more Christian than any other Christian will ever be Christian. We have a direct line to God and if people are jealous well that just drives them to create a better relationship with God themselves." Meanwhile the rest of the word is siting here thinking "Thank God I dont 'have to wear skirts and pop out babies to infinity"

My hand raised to the sky........I promise to all that is holy, I will NEVER, EVER ask my younger son and soon to be DIL when they are going to get pregnant. I have said it in the past, all in good fun, but I will never say it again. Thank you FJ for the eye opening comments. I don't want to be "that MIL"

I hate pregnancy gear and in particular cutesy things but this one is not too bad: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Summer-New-Design-Custom-Funny-T-shirts-Pregnant-Maternity-BABY-NOW-LOADING-Letter-Tee-Women/32662399681.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.8.Oyw0i8

My sister is the worst asking about pregnancies but I am personally not too bothered about it. She asked me when me and my now husband had been a couple for 2-3 months when we were going to have a baby. She also added that I was getting rather old now. I was 27 but she made it sound like I was 42. When I just had my daughter she asked me if we were going to have any more kids. "Yes, but in a couple of years" I said. She then explained that I was really getting very old (I was 30) and I must not wait and instead have a baby right away like she did. I had my second at 34 so I didn't listen to her. 

I did tease my niece when she visited and she and her boyfriend told me they had bought a house. I don't think they were too bothered, they said no but exchanged rather loving gazes so I think if they are not already trying they are about to start. I know my niece wants kids and I doubt she would attach herself to a man who doesn't want any. I will not tease them if they don't produce any though but I will be very surprised if I don't have another grand niece or nephew in a year or two. I already have 3 and one more on the way.

On October 28, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Georgiana said:

I have 3 cats.  The third was unplanned, but she is wonderfully sweet and a blessing to our home.  I always thought 3 was too many cats, but I am glad I trusted God with my clowder size.  Even though the bed is completely full and I don't have room to roll over at night, being Kittenfull is truly the greatest blessing!

I have a dog as well, but God was able to speak to her heart and convince her she is also a cat.  Hearing her try to "purr" is a hoot.   

You are amazing. Kittenful. I love it.

My brother and his ex ended up with an unplanned kitty. She went to the pet store one day to get cat food and saw an adorable beyond words newly rescued kitty, and brought her home. Surprise kitty!!!

i love that your dog tries to purr.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

You are amazing. Kittenful. I love it.

My brother and his ex ended up with an unplanned kitty. She went to the pet store one day to get cat food and saw an adorable beyond words newly rescued kitty, and brought her home. Surprise kitty!!!

i love that your dog tries to purr.

My now 7 year old cat was a surprise kitty. He came home with my parents male cat and I had to take him. I too am planning on being kittenful. I am rather a crazy cat lady. 

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My now 7 year old cat was a surprise kitty. He came home with my parents male cat and I had to take him. I too am planning on being kittenful. I am rather a crazy cat lady. 

Well kittens are blessings, we should all be Kittenfull.

6 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Well kittens are blessings, we should all be Kittenfull.

And the cat god in the sky decides when to bless us. 

I had planned on adopting ONE kitty from the local shelter. However, the cat god had different plans. A friend in California had a litter of motherless kittens...all but 2 had been adopted and the two left had bonded rather closely so they wanted the two adopted together. The cat god spoke to my heart and told me that I was to adopt both kittens even though they were in Cali and I was in Nevada...not to fret because the cat god would work it all out for good. The friend came here for the SEMA show and brought the kittens with him. So, yes, the cat god works all things out for all who love kittehs. 

Our brain damaged kitty was a stray we brought inside. And I'm currently snuggling 2 puppies of unknown breed who are probably no more than 2-3 weeks old, saved from the chilly Midwest night. 

Your stories make me so happy. Of course I trust in the cat god's perfect timing. However, I do hope the cat god lays in on Mr. O's heart that we need a kitteh SOON.

I had a cat who make the kittens, we plan to take just one and give in adoption rhe other 3, but the God of the cat has different plan for us, we couldn't decide wich take because i want one, my mother another and at the end my father want to take the male. So we end to have four cat for a While, now we have the two female (The baby), the male choose another family in the nearest and almost every day pass to visit the sisters and sometimes eat at home, the mother also choose another family in the neighbor, but I always see her. :my_biggrin:

I have been waiting patiently on the cat god's timing for five years now, and it looks like we might finally soon be in a position to begin our kittenful journey. But first, the cat god will need to cure Mr Alba's allergy, which I have faith He will, because through Him all things are possible.

Cat God, I am unworthy, forgive me I have sinned. Rid me of this pestilence!

(battling fleas right now. Sigh.)

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

Your stories make me so happy. Of course I trust in the cat god's perfect timing. However, I do hope the cat god lays in on Mr. O's heart that we need a kitteh SOON.

May Mr. O's heart open to the divine path of kittenful.

9 hours ago, alba said:

I have been waiting patiently on the cat god's timing for five years now, and it looks like we might finally soon be in a position to begin our kittenful journey. But first, the cat god will need to cure Mr Alba's allergy, which I have faith He will, because through Him all things are possible.

My family waited for years on beginning our kittenful journey, due to believing I was allergic. Then the cat God laid it upon my parents' hearts to adopt some kitties, my allergies be damned. These are the kitties we are meant to have. And apparently my allergic reaction was just to one cat.

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

I am sure that the cat god will soon open Mr. O's heart and let him see that being kittenful is the way to live life. 

On 10/26/2016 at 9:09 AM, JillyO said:

Literally ONE person voiced his support for Trump, and that was Derick, who isn't even technically a Duggar. That hardly counts as "Duggar family voices their support" (though there's not doubt in my mind that they'll all vote for Trump).

I'm pretty sure he counts as a Duggar at this point. It's pretty evident they answer to JB to some extent! 

But I agree they'll probably vote Trump, especially with Pence on the ticket. It sounds like it all boiled down to the only question that matters to the Duggars when it comes to politics, whether the candidate is firmly against a woman's right to choose: 

'Did @timkaine really suggest that you should live out your faith, but not in your public service?! That's not right! #chooselife #vpdebate,' wrote Derrick on Twitter.

6 minutes ago, nst said:

they aren't considered Dillards or Seewalds  - even Scott in last weeks episode said the Duggar husbands 

interchangeable

Hahah and I was looking up Spurgeon and it came up Spurgeon Duggar. :pb_mrgreen:

20 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Our brain damaged kitty was a stray we brought inside. And I'm currently snuggling 2 puppies of unknown breed who are probably no more than 2-3 weeks old, saved from the chilly Midwest night. 

The Dog gods will reward you for caring for the pups. They will reward you with wagging tails, slobbery kisses and so much love you'll want to burst. 

On 10/31/2016 at 5:20 AM, alba said:

Sphynyx or Peterbald!  Some people who suffer from allergies can even handle Rex. I love my Peterbald and am fond of my mom's Sphynx.

Derick will jus raltionalize himself that he's voting Pence. Even when someone asked him who he was voting for, he replied "Trump/Pence" he knows Trump is against what good Christian people are supposed to want, but he probably feels he can get away with it by adding Pence's name on there.

Also, and this is very BEC, i think it's kind of ridiculous how Derick hangs onto the Pistol Pete mascot. Nearly every person I know who's been in a mascot position treats it as something fun they got paid to do. He treats it as if it's his life's legacy.

12 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Derick will jus raltionalize himself that he's voting Pence. Even when someone asked him who he was voting for, he replied "Trump/Pence" he knows Trump is against what good Christian people are supposed to want, but he probably feels he can get away with it by adding Pence's name on there.

Also, and this is very BEC, i think it's kind of ridiculous how Derick hangs onto the Pistol Pete mascot. Nearly every person I know who's been in a mascot position treats it as something fun they got paid to do. He treats it as if it's his life's legacy.

I give him a pass because I think it's a happy memory that makes him think of his Dad since he was also the mascot.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived