IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Funny, I think its highly likely that they name their next blessing some form of spanish name.  Guadalupe Dillard has a nice ring... 

You don't think it will be a little girl named Bethlehem; my dreams are dead. :pb_cry: 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no, I just went on Jill's instagram and one of the newest posts shows Derick reading her "research paper". I get mad even typing the word research paper in a sentence referring to a Duggar. I just finished my M.Sc. in engineering and wrote 104 pages which costed me 6 months of hard hard hard work (14 hours per day on average!!!) , sweat and many tears. I'll probably still end up unemployed which frustates me to the fullest. I don't even want to know how many hours Jill needed to complete this , maybe 6 at most? It infuriates me just because they brag about things they didn't really accomplish. Remember, when they said she is now a certified midwife? Didn't she lie about that one?

I'm sorry, but this is it: I am officially done with the Duggars. Stop lying and exaggerating your accomplishments, you braggers and hypocrites.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm not even sure if the Dullurds are smart enough to use means of protection to combat Zikia. I doubt they saw any affected babies in their little bubble. 

<snip>

I think Derick, at least, is smart enough to know about contraception; but I don't know whether he has the good sense (and even the moral integrity) to use contraception to avoid the effects of Zika on their potential baby.

But let's pretend, for the moment, that Jill and Derick have been trying to prevent a pregnancy because of worries about Zika. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that women wait "at least 8 weeks" after their most recent possible exposure to the disease before getting pregnant. And they recommend that men wait "at least 6 months" after their most recent possible exposure to to the disease before impregnating their partner. See http://www.cdc.gov/zika/pregnancy/women-and-their-partners.html.

It is almost impossible for me to imagine the Dullards waiting six more months to start another pregnancy. But that's what the best advice suggests.

And that time frame presumes that they stay home in Normal Murica. If they return to Sintral Murica, then their possible exposure to the disease resumes.

So it is hard to know what their reproductive plans could be (that's making the unlikely assumption that they DO actual make plans for pregnancy).

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Funny, I think its highly likely that they name their next blessing some form of spanish name.  Guadalupe Dillard has a nice ring... 

I think they would only consider Spanish versions of common English names, like Esteban (Steven). Guadalupe is too Catholic and "non-Biblical," although I really like it myself. Like many people, I think the Dullards will go with another Biblical place name, like Bethel or Nazareth.

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Yeah, this. Frankly, I found that aspect super annoying. Jill was acting like she had invented pregnancy or something, and there was a very backhanded implication that people who didn't announce their pregnancies to the world the instant they knew were somehow less devoted to their unborn babies or placed less value on human life. Maybe that wasn't the intention, but that was very much how the article came off to me.

Oh, I agree they intended it to be read that announcing early = proving you value the fetus' life more than people who wait. From the old announcement

“Understanding that the majority of miscarriages happen within the first trimester, and believing that every life is precious no matter how young, we decided to share our joyful news as soon as we could”

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I like Nazareth. Izzy and Nazzy. Has a nice ring to it.

I was thinking Nazareth fit their style as well, until I realized it lends itself to the nickname Nazi.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I thought Jessa announced before Dumber gave birth? I remember that photo of Jessa trying hard to stick out her barely pregnant stomach in a photo with Jill and Anna. 

I remember that photo. It was (obviously) taken before Jill gave birth, but wasn't posted in public until after Israel had already arrived.

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Nope, we'll get an entire season of Jill pushing out little Democratic Republic of the Congo.

I was hoping for a baby girl named Former Yugoslavic Republic Macedonia..Macey for short.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I thought Jessa announced before Dumber gave birth? I remember that photo of Jessa trying hard to stick out her barely pregnant stomach in a photo with Jill and Anna. 

They announced April 21. Izzy was born April 6. I'm pretty sure that Jessa would have been a little over 12 weeks pregnant when they publicly announced.

Anna shared the picture you mentioned on Instagram the same day Benessa announced the pregnancy as a congratulations. 

Guadalupe, although I love it, is WAY too Catholic a name for the Dillards. Shame.

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

Oh no, I just went on Jill's instagram and one of the newest posts shows Derick reading her "research paper". I get mad even typing the word research paper in a sentence referring to a Duggar. I just finished my M.Sc. in engineering and wrote 104 pages which costed me 6 months of hard hard hard work (14 hours per day on average!!!) , sweat and many tears. I'll probably still end up unemployed which frustates me to the fullest. I don't even want to know how many hours Jill needed to complete this , maybe 6 at most? It infuriates me just because they brag about things they didn't really accomplish. Remember, when they said she is now a certified midwife? Didn't she lie about that one?

I guarantee it is not a research paper but rather a book report. I'd put $100 down right now that she didn't have to use more than two sources, if any, and the paper is not more than five pages long. 

As with the Maxwells, I always wonder if they're lying about these accomplishments, or if they're just too ignorant to know it's not really impressive to the rest of us. Like the way a six year old learns three words in Mandarin and starts telling everyone they can speak Chinese. 

19 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Guadalupe, although I love it, is WAY too Catholic a name for the Dillards. Shame.

Plus, I do not need to hear JimBob constantly butchering "Guadalupe." I can only imagine what he would turn it into.

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

I guarantee it is not a research paper but rather a book report. I'd put $100 down right now that she didn't have to use more than two sources, if any, and the paper is not more than five pages long. 

As with the Maxwells, I always wonder if they're lying about these accomplishments, or if they're just too damn stupid to know it's not really impressive to the rest of us. Like the way a six year old learns three words in Mandarin and starts telling everyone they can speak Chinese. 

I always imagine them half-knowing that their accomplishments are not the real deal but ask JB and maybe even the PR team and/or a lawyer in how far they can go with describing what they do without outright lying about it. I wonder what the legal grey zone was for posting that Jill is a certified midwife, which she is not. But maybe there are no certified midwifes in Arkansas so she can get away with using the term? And they also lied about being "certified" missionaries for their church, which they also lied about. They just went to do some counselling, if I remember correctly.

JB would maybe say something like: You know, this is not the real certificat or degree but it is as good as the real thing and it is better in God's eyes that you didn't go to that wordly liberal college/uni/whatever.

Meh, when it comes to the whole research paper thing....

I would consider anything that requires multiple sources to be a research paper. That's what all my teachers in high school called them and it became just "paper" in college. 

I would call a multiple month, 100+ page paper a thesis, not a research paper. 

Doesn't mean she isn't over exaggerating but this could very well just be a regional dialect thing.

I am sure the research paper is for a Bible class held at their church. The source material being the Bible. Likely, everyone is given a topic and have to use passages from the Bible to support their position. I doubt it had to be more than a page or two and it isn't as though she will receive a grade where grammar, spelling and a true analysis are taken into account. 

5 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I would consider anything that requires multiple sources to be a research paper. That's what all my teachers in high school called them and it became just "paper" in college. 

Doesn't mean she isn't over exaggerating but this could very well just be a regional dialect thing.

Hm, could be that it is a regional thing. I know what I wrote there was a thesis not a paper. But a paper requires just as much work as this 100 + page long thesis because it is getting published and contributes new knowledge about a certain research field to science. I always thought:

research paper = university, at least 20 sources, of course, scientifically correct and not something you do in a group on a sunday afternoon chatting along and writing within 2 hours in the evening whenever (ha!) you're bored.

English is not my first language, so maybe I understood "research paper" wrong, sorry.

But still: the Duggars have been shown to have lied about acomplishments.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Was that released to the public before Jill gave birth? I thought they had waited until after Ben's 20th birthday to  publicly announce? His birthday is in May and Iz was born in April.

33 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Hm, could be that it is a regional thing. I know what I wrote there was a thesis not a paper. But a paper requires just as much work as this 100 + page long thesis because it is getting published and contributes new knowledge about a certain research field to science. I always thought:

research paper = university, at least 20 sources, of course, scientifically correct and not something you do in a group on a sunday afternoon chatting along and writing within 2 hours in the evening whenever (ha!) you're bored.

English is not my first language, so maybe I understood "research paper" wrong, sorry.

But still: the Duggars have been shown to have lied about acomplishments.

I just finished an MA thesis/dissertation (they call it a dissertation in the UK). 92 pages long, bibliography alone was 5 pages, 9 months of planning, research (both literature and field), analysis, editing, and presentation of results. And that was on top of smaller research papers I wrote for my classes, which were generally in the 20-page range. I'm fine with calling shorter, less involved works research papers as long as they involve actual research, which to me involves more than one source. So if I were to write a research paper on a biblically based position, I'd use the Bible (multiple translations if possible), commentary by notable religious scholars, relevant philosophical commentaries on the same position, and historical sources. I really doubt that Jill's homeschooling really emphasized rigor, depth, breadth, and taking into account multiple perspectives. I'm glad that she's enthusiastic about research; I just doubt she really learned to do it properly, which is a shame if she enjoys it.

Oh please, research paper my butt. More like a Biblical theology paper with all the usual suspects serving as the sources ranging from classic Spurgeon to MacArthur to Sproul to Piper.

53 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Was that released to the public before Jill gave birth? I thought they had waited until after Ben's 20th birthday to  publicly announce? His birthday is in May and Iz was born in April.

I mentioned upthread that Benessa announced April 21 - a little less than a month before his birthday (which he shares with me.)

You may be thinking of the Websters. They waited to announce Alyssa's first pregnancy until mid-November when she was around 20 weeks - likely because they're more private than some Fundies, their family show was premiering soon, and because Alyssa turned 20 nine days before the announcement. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yup, this one. I am pretty sure that it came out before Izzy's birth.

We all know baby Djibouti Dillard will be announced soon enough 

My vote for a girl name would be Isabella only because then they would have Izzy and Izzy.  I like the name though so I kinda hope they don't go that route.

While we're speculating on boy's names, I'm surprised I haven't seen Salvador mentioned. He would be the Savior of the Duggar brand, a representation of the Dillard's saving the Catholics in scary Central America, and also named after the country El Salvador.

On 10/18/2016 at 9:29 AM, OldFadedStar said:

See for me, in university a paper was typically 5-10 outsides sources and between 10 and 15 pages long. This usually meant that we were required to use the textbook as a source but we had to use sources outside of those texts. A research paper was assigned at the beginning of the semester you knew what you had to do and when it was due. It was usually around 20 pages with credible well referenced sources of academic works usually between 10 to 15 but if you were going to pump that paper full you were going to need many many quotes. 

What Jill is doing isn't a research paper in my opinion because I have done them and they are hard. However, that being said she didn't go to an accredited university and she didn't really go to high school, so to her it is a research paper. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived