IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I know, right? The further along the pregnancy went, the more obnoxious she became - in fact, my username comes from her high level of humility during that time. I felt bad for her at a certain point, though - the last four weeks or so of that pregnancy she looked miserable. 

She was so massive, she had to be miserable! Holy moly, there's huge and then there was Jill. 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carm_88 said:

She was so massive, she had to be miserable! Holy moly, there's huge and then there was Jill. 

And the modest clothing was so damn tight. When we can easily see your unborn son's penis outline through your shirt, it might be time to get a larger size or splurge on maternity clothes. 

6 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

And the modest clothing was so damn tight. When we can easily see your unborn son's penis outline through your shirt, it might be time to get a larger size or splurge on maternity clothes. 

And you'd think that maternity clothes would be something that they would splurge on, seeing how often they get pregnant! 

37 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

To be fair, part of why it seemed to last so long was because Izzy came so late. I think he was due March 25th and didn't arrive until April 6th - so that's an extra twelve or so days. And the fact that they posted a ton of photos and updates and it was covered in the media and on the show. Little bit of overkill.

And it's tough trying to remember, but I'm pretty sure the public announcement in People happened when they were around 8 or 9 weeks along. Which really isn't that unreasonable.

Even BEFORE the due date it seemed like the pregnancy that would never end. The extra 12 days made it even longer. Maybe it's because I've seen it happen too many times, but personally I can't imagine publicly announcing a pregnancy (on the cover of People magazine, especially) until I was at least 12-14 weeks along. While certainly no one wishes ill on any pregnancy, it's heartbreaking enough to deal with a loss much less having to tell your friends and family that you miscarried. But that's just me. 

7 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Maybe it's because I've seen it happen too many times, but personally I can't imagine publicly announcing a pregnancy (on the cover of People magazine, especially) until I was at least 12-14 weeks along. While certainly no one wishes ill on any pregnancy, it's heartbreaking enough to deal with a loss much less having to tell your friends and family that you miscarried. But that's just me. 

I recall them saying in the pregnancy announcement(?) that they were choosing to share their news then because of their views about life beginning at conception. So I think it was intentional to share very early. 

19 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Even BEFORE the due date it seemed like the pregnancy that would never end. The extra 12 days made it even longer. Maybe it's because I've seen it happen too many times, but personally I can't imagine publicly announcing a pregnancy (on the cover of People magazine, especially) until I was at least 12-14 weeks along. While certainly no one wishes ill on any pregnancy, it's heartbreaking enough to deal with a loss much less having to tell your friends and family that you miscarried. But that's just me. 

I've miscarried before and keeping it secret doesn't really make it any easier. At least it hasn't for me - it's left me feeling a bit isolated and alone at times. Some people really need the extra support and love from others to help with the grieving process (if they do grieve - everyone is different and every experience is unique.) I tend not to judge couples who announce early for that reason.

6 minutes ago, December said:

I recall them saying in the pregnancy announcement(?) that they were choosing to share their news then because of their views about life beginning at conception. So I think it was intentional to share very early. 

I'm pretty sure you're right. I remember them mentioning something along these lines.

6 minutes ago, December said:

Oh I know their agenda for early pregnancy announcements, but even if I shared their views I still wouldn't announce so early. That's me. 

I think we can all agree that it felt like the pregnancy that would never end. :special-snowflake1: Jill is such a special snowflake that it had to happen of course. If she is pregnant with little Nazareth, I hope that she tells us later and has a much shorter labour. For everyone's sake. 

1 hour ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Even BEFORE the due date it seemed like the pregnancy that would never end. The extra 12 days made it even longer.

that was a fun 12 days though :D

39 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think we can all agree that it felt like the pregnancy that would never end. :special-snowflake1: Jill is such a special snowflake that it had to happen of course. If she is pregnant with little Nazareth, I hope that she tells us later and has a much shorter labour. For everyone's sake. 

Nope, we'll get an entire season of Jill pushing out little Democratic Republic of the Congo.

8 minutes ago, nst said:

that was a fun 12 days though :D

It sure was!  One couldn't even post half the time due to massive traffic. (Still don't know how the mods kept it up and running!). There was nothing, I repeat, nothing, of value posted. Just a crapload of highly entertaining nonsense.  T'was so much fun.  

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Nope, we'll get an entire season of Jill pushing out little Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Twins would be double the fun. Good ole Bulgaria and Belarus! Bully and Belly for short of course. 

2 hours ago, December said:

Yeah, this. Frankly, I found that aspect super annoying. Jill was acting like she had invented pregnancy or something, and there was a very backhanded implication that people who didn't announce their pregnancies to the world the instant they knew were somehow less devoted to their unborn babies or placed less value on human life. Maybe that wasn't the intention, but that was very much how the article came off to me.

2 hours ago, Fascinated said:

It sure was!  One couldn't even post half the time due to massive traffic. (Still don't know how the mods kept it up and running!). There was nothing, I repeat, nothing, of value posted. Just a crapload of highly entertaining nonsense.  T'was so much fun.  

I second that!  It WAS fun. Seemed like the baby would never actually arrive, but the wait was pretty entertaining here at FJ. Not as fun for Jill, I'm sure. 

I'm not even sure if the Dullurds are smart enough to use means of protection to combat Zikia. I doubt they saw any affected babies in their little bubble. 

I wondered since Derick looked so ill if maybe they just weren't in the mood for it? 

Either way, one less Duggar is a good thing, and I expect her to announce within the next month or so anyways now that they're back in their comfort zone.

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm not even sure if the Dullurds are smart enough to use means of protection to combat Zikia. I doubt they saw any affected babies in their little bubble. 

I wondered since Derick looked so ill if maybe they just weren't in the mood for it? 

Either way, one less Duggar is a good thing, and I expect her to announce within the next month or so anyways now that they're back in their comfort zone.

Yeah, I gathered that Jill and Derick only wanted to interact with the Spiritually Dead Natives if it was at arm's length, at village meetings where they could talk at them in broken Spanish about how the way they worship Hayzoos is incorrecto, shove their Amazing White Baby OMG in their faces, and then go back home. When they were at that fancy hotel in that episode of Counting On and were talking about how it was "like home" and how nice it was to have the concrete wall and fence, my mom just said "translation: we're happy that the only brown people we have to interact with here are servants!"

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Funny, I think its highly likely that they name their next blessing some form of spanish name.  Guadalupe Dillard has a nice ring... 

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Funny, I think its highly likely that they name their next blessing some form of spanish name.  Guadalupe Dillard has a nice ring... 

More like Diablo Dillard.. to remind everyone of the spiritually dead Spanish speakers 

3 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

More like Diablo Dillard.. to remind everyone of the spiritually dead Spanish speakers 

Salvado Blanco Dillard - only if its a boy, of course.

Yes, they believe that they are the best parents in the world at the moment of conception with all that "you're a daddy" and "you've joined the mommy club." YET, Jessa game played with her "no PG announcements yet"...when she was already PG. 

EVERYTHING the Duggars-Dillards-Seewalds-Vuolous (soon)do or say is motivated by the almighty buck and nothing more.

10 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Sassypants said 

Yes, they believe that they are the best parents in the world at the moment of conception with all that "you're a daddy" and "you've joined the mommy club." YET, Jessa game played with her "no PG announcements yet"...when she was already PG. 

EVERYTHING the Duggars-Dillards-Seewalds-Vuolous (soon)do or say is motivated by the almighty buck and nothing more.

that is where Jill and Jessa are different completely.  Whereas with Jill We ARE PREGNANT and pee sticks picture taking on facebook, and it was all about US - MOM and DAD because we have to project an image...even in pictures with the whole family where THEY were thrust UP IN FRONT - xmas anyone where Josh was the damn showman. 

Whereas Jessa was clearly pregnant like 3 months when Jill delivered and they did or said NOTHING.

It's secrecy and games with these people and most of ALL ABOUT the Dollar bill - nothing clean about it 

5 minutes ago, nst said:

that is where Jill and Jessa are different completely.  Whereas with Jill We ARE PREGNANT and pee sticks picture taking on facebook, and it was all about US - MOM and DAD because we have to project an image...even in pictures with the whole family where THEY were thrust UP IN FRONT - xmas anyone where Josh was the damn showman. 

Whereas Jessa was clearly pregnant like 3 months when Jill delivered and they did or said NOTHING.

It's secrecy and games with these people and most of ALL ABOUT the Dollar bill - nothing clean about it 

Didn't Jessa wait to publicly announce until after Jill's public birth announcement? Personally, I think Jessa likes control. She also probably liked having the individual limelight for the first time in her life. Public announcing after her sister gave birth for the first time, put all the attention on Jessa and her pregnancy.  Anna's 4th PG was basically ignored at that time, which was before Josh's BS was publicly exposed.

In terms of Jill, I think she was just very, very naive at the time of Izzy's birth. She was the golden child, doing everything the right way, and thought she was on track to having the perfect, problem free life. I think the last 18 months have been a rude awakening. I applaud them for allowing Izzy, by whatever means or for whatever reason, to reach age 2 without having a sibling. Maybe Derick really is being an engaged head of household.

I wonder how many back-to-back babies it will take for Benny Boy to wake up? Since Jessa has no choice, I feel so sad for what her life is becoming. Shitty home birth, post partum healing, shrinking uterus, finally able to zip up that favorite skirt, pg again, shitty delivery....Old by age 25 - when will the resentment set in?

I thought Jessa announced before Dumber gave birth? I remember that photo of Jessa trying hard to stick out her barely pregnant stomach in a photo with Jill and Anna. 

11 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The hell you say! There will be no Democratic anything in the Duggar family.

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I thought Jessa announced before Dumber gave birth? I remember that photo of Jessa trying hard to stick out her barely pregnant stomach in a photo with Jill and Anna. 

do I need pull out my spreadsheet :D

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived