IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ermegerd, the picture of Jill at Dan's wedding with THAT hair. I had to do a double take.

SO many shades of Michelle in that hairstyle. Between that and Derick's man bun, Izzy looks embarrassed.

If you look in the background, the other bridesmaids had gravity defying hair too. Maybe the wedding theme was "the higher the hair, the closer to God?"

She looks older but in a good way. I'm bothered that Derek's tie color doesn't match the dress color. Izzy is super cute though.

On a different note, why are the baby boys always dressed better (more fitted) than the older guys?

When I saw the group photo earlier today I really didn't think I saw Jill (though I thought one of them looked like Jana, which I knew wasn't possible. I guess that one was Jill after all.) I am honestly surprised she was a bridesmaid. The hair is......something else. But otherwise, I think she looks good. They both look very happy.

She looks older but in a good way. I'm bothered that Derek's tie color doesn't match the dress color. Izzy is super cute though.
On a different note, why are the baby boys always dressed better (more fitted) than the older guys?

As someone planning a wedding - Derick was the best man, so he and the maid of honor might be in different colors than the other groomsmen and bridesmaids. That's how we're doing it.

The babies may be dressed better because it's cheaper! If you're talking about fitted as in fitting well, it's a matter of having a crummy person measure you. If you're talking fitted as in tuxes made to cling more, they're quite a bit more expensive. Meanwhile, buying a kids' dress clothes and accessories online is super cheap.

Oh boy. That hair though. :dislike:

Little Jim Bob looks cute though. No comment on the man bun. 

Actually, her hair looks like it was professionally coiffed- she looks more put together than she did on her wedding day.

It's a cute family photo.

Actually, her hair looks like it was professionally coiffed- she looks more put together than she did on her wedding day.
It's a cute family photo.

I agree - it doesn't look good on her and it doesn't look particularly stylish, but she definitely looks more elegant than she did at her wedding or when she was a bridesmaid for Jessa.

4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Poor Izzy looks like an extra in Newsies...

Seize the day!

Yes, Jill looks like her hair was professionally done, you can tell the other bridesmaids have a small poof in their hair, too. It's just that Jill's looks extra pronounced in this photo.

16 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Poor Izzy looks like an extra in Newsies...

Yes, except for the train conductor hat. But what are the chances that any of the Duggars have actually seen Newsies? 

@CreationMuseumSeasonPass But if they open the gates to let him seize it, he might be able to escape to Santa Fe :pb_lol: 

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I feel like Jill's sanctimonious enough that she'd stick around so she could passive-aggressively lord over how she doesn't show her Whore-Knobs (shoulders and knees) and doesn't move her body in lascivious ways while drinking No-No Juice.

I snorted at "Whore-Knobs."

At my cousin's wedding all the millennials danced and sing along to, "I'm in a Boat." Can you imagine Jill hearing the lyric, "I fucked a mermaid???"

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Yep, shades of Michelle.

Fifty shades of Michelle :puke-huge:

2 hours ago, Pasta said:

More importantly, Derick has a pink bow tie and vest but Jill is in blue? But gender norms!!

Was Izzy a ring bearer? The pillow he's holding makes it look like it. 

Good on Jill for not demanding a longer dress for modesty! And good that she was a bridesmaid. It can only be good for her to become closer with Derricks part of the family. 

In the "pretty" pic Jill posted, I thought her dress might have just been bunched up. This pic confirms that the dresses are the same (compare the dark brunette's sleeve to what you can see of Jill's in this shot...open lace). THEN look at those bridesmaids' hems. NIKE!!!! With bunching, at best, Jill insisted on the dress hitting her knees. She's almost as tall as the bride (who's about 5'10"), so maybe it worked in pictures. 

22 minutes ago, marmalade said:

In the "pretty" pic Jill posted, I thought her dress might have just been bunched up. This pic confirms that the dresses are the same (compare the dark brunette's sleeve to what you can see of Jill's in this shot...open lace). THEN look at those bridesmaids' hems. NIKE!!!! With bunching, at best, Jill insisted on the dress hitting her knees. She's almost as tall as the bride (who's about 5'10"), so maybe it worked in pictures. 

What's the "pretty" pic Jill posted?

She's come such a long way since the good old days when her knees had to be blurred out for TV.  Perhaps is was after she gave birth on TV?  Probably changes your modesty perspective a bit.

Wow, I think this is the most stunning I've ever seen her!

So proud of her!

And she seems genuinely happy!

2 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

She's come such a long way since the good old days when her knees had to be blurred out for TV.  Perhaps is was after she gave birth on TV?  Probably changes your modesty perspective a bit.

to be fair, that was likely at her parents insistence. when jill was having the pedicure, someone (jill or derick) posted pictures of it on their social media and you could see her knees and they weren't blurred.

I hardly recognised her as well, and I think the makeup (as well as the hair) has a lot to do with it. It's just such a different look for her. 

That hair is so michelle it actually scared the shit out of me. Cross your legs jilly, don't be like your mother (Or condoms, condoms are also cool)

2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

That hair is so michelle it actually scared the shit out of me. Cross your legs jilly, don't be like your mother (Or condoms, condoms are also cool)

That's devil talk!!!

This is sort of ironic; Jill was probably safer in Cintral America than women OR latino people are in America, now that Voldemort has been elected president.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived