IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

If she went into the bathroom for safety, wouldn't she immediately notice that the shower rack is falling?

Wouldn't that also mean she was running toward the noise she was so scared of that she felt she needed to take shelter?

They have to have two bathrooms. Otherwise her actions make no sense.

Wow, really living in hardship in Central America, Dillards. :pb_rollseyes:

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

Derek is one of the main inspirations for my screen name choice. 

IMG_3232.JPG

Why are Jill and Derick posting TO the couple? Neither of them are currently on social media and won't see those messages. 

Morons. 

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Wouldn't that also mean she was running toward the noise she was so scared of that she felt she needed to take shelter?

They have to have two bathrooms. Otherwise her actions make no sense.

Wow, really living in hardship in Central America, Dillards. :pb_rollseyes:

Jill's to-do list as they were packing up and leaving Danger America included a bullet point right on the top to "clean bathroomS." So yes, there were two. The shower rack had to be in the non-safe room; it's the only explanation that makes sense in their telling of the story. Other than the contradiction that at first Jill said she was alone with Izzy, then all of a sudden all three of them were in the bathroom facetiming for prayers. 

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Why are Jill and Derick posting TO the couple? Neither of them are currently on social media and won't see those messages. 

Morons. 

Jill's to-do list as they were packing up and leaving Danger America included a bullet point right on the top to "clean bathroomS." So yes, there were two. The shower rack had to be in the non-safe room; it's the only explanation that makes sense in their telling of the story. Other than the contradiction that at first Jill said she was alone with Izzy, then all of a sudden all three of them were in the bathroom facetiming for prayers. 

To the first bolded . . . unless they will have one soon? :GPn0zNK:

(though I'm a 90% sure it will be a shared account, that pretty much only Jeremy posts to, and will burst even the thickest bubble of hope we had for him).

To the second bolded: I'm assuming she called Derick first as soon as she was in the bathroom, and he came rushing over, and then maybe they were asking for prayers while he was trying to get her to calm down (if she was crying months after just thinking about it, I imagine she was downright hysterical when it actually happened).  Then when she explained the noise, he probably tried real hard not to roll his eyes, found the shower rack, and told the Duggars to stand down, and don't worry about trying to reach the "Central America Army for White Missionaries"

This shower rack thing reminds me of an experience I had years ago. I was about 19 and home (my parents') for the holidays and my mum and dad were at work. I had really bad tonsillitis and this insane fever, I was sweating like mad. Anyway long story short I was so ill and feverish I started having auditory hallucinations that there were people in the house downstairs. (It turned out it was a particularly windy day outside and that's what had triggered it.) But not knowing that I locked myself in the bathroom upstairs and called 999 crying hysterically. Even when the police came and guaranteed there was no one in the house I was still shaking and it still scares me now years later to think about. No way would I have called 999 if I wasn't 100% sure there were people in the house... But now I can laugh about it too because it is ridiculous.

My point is I guess that brains are powerful things and if Jill had convinced herself that she was in such danger (which she did because everyone was like OMG JILL'S IN DANGEROUS CINTRAL AMERICA WITH A BABY) it would be easy for her to be so shaken by something minor. 

I have a theory (YMMV) that in a way they almost *wanted* something to happen. It's like a competition, who can put themselves in the most danger for Jesus. So when nothing dangerous did actually happen they made something out of nothing (the shower rack).

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 3:13 PM, luxfilia said:

She, Derick and Israel were in the house (in "Central America") and heard a loud banging noise. She thought someone may have been trying to get in the house. She went to the bathroom with Israel, sending messages to friends back home asking for prayers because she didn't know what was about to go down. It turned out that a shower rack had fallen, and instead of being able to laugh this off, she burst into tears when she got to this part of the story. They went on to say that they HAD seen/heard gunshots in the past and Derick said something about not wanting to talk about what it would be like if one of them wasn't there (died).

These girls have no coping skills. I hate the fundie life.

I had to explain to my mom this weekend that no, Jilly and Dereck aren't proper missionaries, after explaining what a decent missionary does.

My mom then tried to argue that Central America appreciates Jill being a midwife. So then there was an argument about how I probably know more about delivering a baby than Jill especially pointing out what happened with Izzy's birth. I'm hoping my mom stops drinking the koolaid on these people, since she really seemed to think that one over.

@zygote373 thanks for posting the latest instagram garbage from Jill. It shouldn't amaze me how simplistic she is, but every now and then, she does something that just takes my breath away with the stupid.

Anyway, I just couldn't help but respond, which probably means that I'm about to be banned from every Duggar insta! :kitty-wink:

Well the Duggars contribute to my eye health, I get a good eye roll workout every day. I'm really pretty sure that someone who wanted equality would not have wanted a racist, sexist, arrogant, crazy, oompa loompa running the country. 

At the very least her posts stopped short of endorsing Trump and just encouraged people to vote.

I know. I'm reaching a bit.  :pb_lol:

On 11/8/2016 at 8:59 AM, zygote373 said:

The commenter grapesofrough said it better than I could have. :roll:

Capture.PNG

Came here to post about this. The cognitive dissonance is astounding. I was actually SPEECHLESS for a few minutes after seeing that post. A true sign of their horrifically lacking education. Nary a brain cell in sight on the Duggar compound. And not because of their candidate choice (which I VEHEMENTLY disagree with, but that's another thing). 

On 11/8/2016 at 9:56 AM, EmmyJay said:

My mom then tried to argue that Central America appreciates Jill being a midwife. So then there was an argument about how I probably know more about delivering a baby than Jill especially pointing out what happened with Izzy's birth. I'm hoping my mom stops drinking the koolaid on these people, since she really seemed to think that one over.

I agree, and quite frankly even if Jill happened to be the best midwife in the world, I'm sure the local people would appreciate it a lot more if mission dollars were spent on training local women to deliver babies safely, since those women would actually stick around and enrich the community long-term, rather than that money going toward flying Jill back and forth from Arkansas for temporary stints when she doesn't have anything more important going on until she gets bored with it and never comes back. Importing Jill's services simply is not a good value for the money, even setting her questionable skills aside.

On 11/7/2016 at 7:03 AM, Fun Undies said:

To the first bolded . . . unless they will have one soon? :GPn0zNK:

(though I'm a 90% sure it will be a shared account, that pretty much only Jeremy posts to, and will burst even the thickest bubble of hope we had for him).

To the second bolded: I'm assuming she called Derick first as soon as she was in the bathroom, and he came rushing over, and then maybe they were asking for prayers while he was trying to get her to calm down (if she was crying months after just thinking about it, I imagine she was downright hysterical when it actually happened).  Then when she explained the noise, he probably tried real hard not to roll his eyes, found the shower rack, and told the Duggars to stand down, and don't worry about trying to reach the "Central America Army for White Missionaries"

I wonder how many calls the American Citizen Services desk at Embassy San Salvador gets about scary noises. I read somewhere that a lot of Australian embassies have started publishing lists of the most pointless reasons Australian tourists call them. 

I wonder how many calls the El Salvador authorities get about scary American fundie missionaries converting in the neighborhood ;) 

On 2016-10-26 at 10:26 PM, VelociRapture said:

My mom always taught us not to ask if someone's pregnant, even if it's blatantly obvious.

After my miscarriage, I added a new personal rule - I don't ask people if they want to have kids or when they plan to have them or anything like that. If someone mentions it on their own that's fine, but I remember it was pretty painful having people tell me we should have kids soon when they had no clue I had just miscarried. I don't blame them because they couldn't have known, but I try not to ask anything now because I don't want to accidentally make someone feel what I felt.

I'm the same. After our five years of trying, several failed IVFs and a miscarriage I would never ask anyone about children, ever. I don't talk about my child when I'm around people that don't have children either. I don't know how they feel and they might do what I did. Smile and laugh it off, say ”I don't want children” and then go home and cry. 

Once you have the child you do kind of forget how horrible it was, but I make an effort to remember because I don't want to be the person that someone cries over. 

Also, I'm so happy for you! I'm so thankful every day for my amazing child and I'm sure you will be too!

7 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I'm the same. After our five years of trying, several failed IVFs and a miscarriage I would never ask anyone about children, ever. I don't talk about my child when I'm around people that don't have children either. I don't know how they feel and they might do what I did. Smile and laugh it off, say ”I don't want children” and then go home and cry. 

Once you have the child you do kind of forget how horrible it was, but I make an effort to remember because I don't want to be the person that someone cries over. 

Also, I'm so happy for you! I'm so thankful every day for my amazing child and I'm sure you will be too!

Thank you! We're very excited - almost nine weeks until we meet our new tiny Dictator! :pb_lol:

I intend to do my best to keep it in mind too. I don't ever want to be the person to unintentionally cause someone pain. 

(And I'm so glad to hear you have a happy little one now too! It's always nice to hear about happy outcomes.)

Anyone here follow Masiespace on Instagram? She put up one of those Instagram stories (or whatever they are called) last night and it was a photo at Derick's brother's wedding. Derick is obviously a groomsman (best man, I think.) I was trying to see if I could see Jill in the wedding party but I don't so. Anyone else see the picture? I didn't suspect she'd be in the wedding anyway. I would love to see if there was drinking/dancing at the reception and if Jill stuck around for it.

There is one public photo from the wedding with the Instagram hash tag dananddeena. They are cutting the cake and they both look nice. 

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

Anyone here follow Masiespace on Instagram? She put up one of those Instagram stories (or whatever they are called) last night and it was a photo at Derick's brother's wedding. Derick is obviously a groomsman (best man, I think.) I was trying to see if I could see Jill in the wedding party but I don't so. Anyone else see the picture? I didn't suspect she'd be in the wedding anyway. I would love to see if there was drinking/dancing at the reception and if Jill stuck around for it.

There is one public photo from the wedding with the Instagram hash tag dananddeena. They are cutting the cake and they both look nice. 

I feel like Jill's sanctimonious enough that she'd stick around so she could passive-aggressively lord over how she doesn't show her Whore-Knobs (shoulders and knees) and doesn't move her body in lascivious ways while drinking No-No Juice.

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I feel like Jill's sanctimonious enough that she'd stick around so she could passive-aggressively lord over how she doesn't show her Whore-Knobs (shoulders and knees) and doesn't move her body in lascivious ways while drinking No-No Juice.

Yeah I feel like Jill would spread around a whole lot of guilt. Passive-aggressively. :roll:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMunZJCDCUZ/
This is an IG photo of Dan and Deena cutting the cake. Masie has a private IG so I haven't seen stuff from her.

Unless it's non-alcoholic, there appears to be champagne on the table.

I don't think it means much to Jill and Derick if there's dancing and drinking at a wedding. Not long after they married, they attended the wedding of one of Derick's college buddies and there were plenty of photos and videos that showed dancing which included J&D in the background.

Derick was raised mainstream so I'm gonna guess he's danced to a song or two, and I couldn't see Jill kicking up a stink about dancing - she was dancing with a Today show host in an ad break once.

I like the cake as well. And I think she made a beautiful bride.

(Derick sported his man-bun for the wedding, in case anyone was wondering...ha!)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived