IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

Can someone please point me to where the stuff about Jill being scared in CA came from? I only recently started re-following the Dillard threads and the thought of going back through is daunting!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FakePigtails said:

Can someone please point me to where the stuff about Jill being scared in CA came from? I only recently started re-following the Dillard threads and the thought of going back through is daunting!

It came from the most recent episode of Counting On. They were talking about the dangers of CA and she told a story about how she heard a crash and they ran into the safe room which was the bathroom. She was terrified and was calling home asking for prayers. Turns out it was the shower rack but I think it shows that Jill is terrified in CA 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

It came from the most recent episode of Counting On. They were talking about the dangers of CA and she told a story about how she heard a crash and they ran into the safe room which was the bathroom. She was terrified and was calling home asking for prayers. Turns out it was the shower rack but I think it shows that Jill is terrified in CA 

Wow, that's intense! I don't even know what to say (or rather, which of my thoughts are worth putting down here).

3 minutes ago, FakePigtails said:

Wow, that's intense! I don't even know what to say (or rather, which of my thoughts are worth putting down here).

Hahah I don't think there's a lot that you can say. We've been simultaneously laughing at Jill and feeling bad for her. 

7 hours ago, FakePigtails said:

I didn't watch the episode, but I read the recaps, and in addition to that instead of being able to laugh off the incident, she wasn't able to talk about it without crying/clearly still being affected months later. 

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 5:57 AM, justwatching said:

I'm wondering if the area they were in was on the high risk list for Zika?  If that's the case, I'm very happy to see them being careful about conceiving until the risk level for her is diminished.

Is prevention (even the natural ways of trying to prevent pregnancy without protection) an temporary option for fundies in extenuating circumstances such as ongoing high risk exposure to deadly virus, or is it always case of "trust in god" etc.? I wasnt aware there were areas of the country that were more high risk but i just dont think i would take the chance at all. 

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I do wonder how much PTSD Jill might be having.  I mean, they moved to CA during the Josh scandals (and I'm sure though they claim it "wasn't that bad", and they're all "healed", I have to imagine that having it blazing across all news outlets for a while has to bring up at least a little bit of trauma for her.  She had to face the things that I'm certain her parents "encouraged" her to "get over" as a teenager.  Now she had to face what happened, in the public eye, as an adult - with a now developed sense of identity, wife - now fully understanding what "sexual desires" meant, and as a new mother - who very likely couldn't imagine what she'd do if someone ever did that to her own child, and thus naturally, had some lingering questions about how her parents handled everything, before burying those "dishonorable" thoughts right back down).

All the while adjusting to these new roles in a new country, where she doesn't speak the language well, heard random gunshots here and there, was aware of Zika, and relished her parents buying her air conditioning so they could finally close the doors (and I'm still not convinced that at least one person didn't make their way into their house uninvited - not in a malicious way, but still very scary, if she was left alone all day, like they've mentioned).

So she was trying to do as her headship said, but (possibly) couldn't follow her "basic" role as providing unlimited children, and now seems to probably be trying harder than ever to get pregnant, if anything so she doesn't have to go back.  I'm not saying she doesn't enjoy mission work, but mission work where shes's stuck at home, by herself with limited wifi, with a baby, scared of her surroundings, and dealing with the Josh scandal fallouts, probably proved too much for her nerves (understandably).  IF they ever go back out on the field, I hope it's easier for her.

I guess her tears during the last episode got me feeling bad for her . . . which I'm sure will go away next time she posts stupid, discriminatory, crap on social media.

3 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I guess her tears during the last episode got me feeling bad for her . . . which I'm sure will go away next time she posts stupid, discriminatory, crap on social media.

I felt bad for like two minutes and then realized what her and her husband were doing in CA. And the Humpers that they swindled to get down there. It fades. 

Jinger really got the mission life prize. Jeremy is a real HolyGuy, and he is already a pastor with a real, if small church and a blog. Derick drives me nuts and Bin, well, then there's Bin. 

Jeremy has real stuff going on. I don't understand how he "recruits' people for his church at all, and I guess I might not want to know. Mystery to me. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Jinger really got the mission life prize. Jeremy is a real HolyGuy, and he is already a pastor with a real, if small church and a blog. Derick drives me nuts and Bin, well, then there's Bin. 

Jeremy has real stuff going on. I don't understand how he "recruits' people for his church at all, and I guess I might not want to know. Mystery to me. 

I'd imagine part of Jeremy's recruitment is marrying Jinger and getting his name out there. 

Derrick is just a grifter and Bin is obviously's JB's little go to boy! 

20 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

What was the shower rack incident that so scared Jill?

She, Derick and Israel were in the house (in "Central America") and heard a loud banging noise. She thought someone may have been trying to get in the house. She went to the bathroom with Israel, sending messages to friends back home asking for prayers because she didn't know what was about to go down. It turned out that a shower rack had fallen, and instead of being able to laugh this off, she burst into tears when she got to this part of the story. They went on to say that they HAD seen/heard gunshots in the past and Derick said something about not wanting to talk about what it would be like if one of them wasn't there (died).

11 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

She, Derrick and Israel were int he house (in "Central America") and heard a loud banging noise. She thought someone may have been trying to get in the house. She went to the bathroom with Israel, sending messages to friends back home asking for prayers because she didn't know what was about to go down. It turned out that a shower rack had fallen, and instead of being able to laugh this off, she burst into tears when she got to this part of the story. They went on to say that they HAD seen/heard gunshots in the past and Derrick said something about not wanting to talk about the what it would be like if one of them wasn't there (died).

If she went into the bathroom for safety, wouldn't she immediately notice that the shower rack is falling?

Just now, RabbitKM said:

If she went into the bathroom for safety, wouldn't she immediately notice that the shower rack is falling?

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess it was in another bathroom. The house they were living in was pretty large. Otherwise, it's just another Duggar-makes-no-sense story.

2 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess it was in another bathroom. The house they were living in was pretty large. Otherwise, it's just another Duggar-makes-no-sense story.

Wow they really were living large in Central America if they had two full-sized bathrooms (or at least two showers). 

IDK, I really don't feel bad for Jilly muffin.  She thought mission work was all fun and games, like her summer-camp voluntourism vacations in the past.  Reality bit her in the ass.  Hopefully this experience gives her compassion for those who can't just pick up and leave from their dangerous surroundings. 

9 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Wow they really were living large in Central America if they had two full-sized bathrooms (or at least two showers). 

IDK, I really don't feel bad for Jilly muffin.  She thought mission work was all fun and games, like her summer-camp voluntourism vacations in the past.  Reality bit her in the ass.  Hopefully this experience gives her compassion for those who can't just pick up and leave from their dangerous surroundings. 

Yes, the house they were in was quite nice, for any country. 

And I don't feel sorry for her at all either, but I did feel like there may have been more to the story that they both felt shouldn't be spoken. Almost like avoiding saying Voldemort's name. I got a weird vibe when I watched them try to recount this experience. 

45 minutes ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

Derek is one of the main inspirations for my screen name choice. 

IMG_3232.JPG

God honouring ceremony, he couldn't just say that the wedding was beautiful. Yuck! 

10 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Hardly! She'll get pregnant and they will stay in Arkansas; they may go back but if they do...phff they'll be just as annoying and self righteous!  

On 11/1/2016 at 9:11 PM, Carm_88 said:

@HomeschooledHeartThrob I thought that as well that Derek was trying to get away from the scandal. I don't know if he truly thought about Jill or if they decided together to distance themselves from it but I have to say that from where I am sitting right now...it wasn't a good idea. I think if anything Jill is more traumatized now. Looking back at the scenes from their wedding day and comparing it to the Jill who was on the show last week...! Central America is not for Jill. What Derek did was take a very sheltered young woman and put her in a situation that she had no clue about. I don't think that Derek did it maliciously but that being said, I don't believe they should go back. 

I agree it was a horrible idea but look at Derrick's options...he has a wife that has Stockholm Syndrome from being held captive in her parents' kid warehouse for 20 something years. To up and move cross country would have made Jim bob pissed so "missionaries" made it impossible for Jim Bob to say boo without looking like a hypocrite and to tell Jill it's "Gods will" in addition to her being so clingy and dependent plus Derrick being under Bob's control in a house he owns they didn't have much of a choice. 

1 minute ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I agree it was a horrible idea but look at Derrick's options...he has a wife that has Stockholm Syndrome from being held captive in her parents' kid warehouse for 20 something years. To up and move cross country would have made Jim bob pissed so "missionaries" made it impossible for Jim Bob to say boo without looking like a hypocrite and to tell Jill it's "Gods will" in addition to her being so clingy and dependent plus Derrick being under Bob's control in a house he owns they didn't have much of a choice. 

There's always a choice. Derrick could have done the sensible thing, as said before, he could have stayed at Walmart. Then he could have worked until he had enough money to get a little house of their own, that wasn't Boob's. Then if they had felt like moving away from the koolaid they could have. Derrick didn't want to think of the options, he wanted to be a missionary. Grift, grift city. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

There's always a choice. Derrick could have done the sensible thing, as said before, he could have stayed at Walmart. Then he could have worked until he had enough money to get a little house of their own, that wasn't Boob's. Then if they had felt like moving away from the koolaid they could have. Derrick didn't want to think of the options, he wanted to be a missionary. Grift, grift city. 

Very true. I forgot about the grifter skills they possess. And Jill will NEVER allow him to remove her too far from the Kool Aide. The Duggar is strong in that one. 

1 hour ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Very true. I forgot about the grifter skills they possess. And Jill will NEVER allow him to remove her too far from the Kool Aide. The Duggar is strong in that one. 

The grift is strong in both of them. I believe they loveeee the attention that being in a scary place gets them. 

8 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

someone should email his website and ask what it is about 

maybe you will get an answer then :D 

3 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

logic - jill 

ok 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Even if he thought they would be comfy on TLC money, I still think that it was a poor decision to leave his job like he did just so he can grift. Especially in this economy.  I mean, did he think the show would go on indefinitely?  I can't understand how he can justify his decisions.  Even more so now that Jill appears to have been so negatively affected by their "mission work".  I'm really at a loss with him.

IIRC, Derick was not on a mission, in the tradition sense, when he was in Nepal. I think this has been discussed on this site before. I think Derick was basically taking a year off passing out tracts in Nepal. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived