IGNORED

Trump 5: Coming up trumps

samurai_sarah

So this happened tonight. On my husband's Facebook feed, he had a past co-worker post some pro-Trump crap about the sexual assault and made a sexist remark about Hillary. That same guy texted my husband wanting some advice about some equipment he was working on a few minutes after posting that nonsense. Usually my husband will drop what he is doing and help anyone, but that guy made my husband so mad he said something to him when he texted back about learning to have some respect, especially for women. He told him sexual assault is serious and making light of it is wrong. That guy has now deactivated his Facebook page. Haha!

I love my husband. Nicest guy in the world.....until you talk about Trump. 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he continues to spew that this is a smear campaign... and as far as I can tell, the GOP folks have no comment and have stayed silent.  If they are still supporting him, please post.  It seems Trumpkin is a lone wolf now.

5 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Exactly. And apparently a 15 year-old relative of mine thinks that Hillary is more similar to Hitler than Trump, because she's pro-gun control. And he said this shit in front of his grandfather, who was able to escape the Nazis as a baby.

Cant make this shit up. Just what the fuck, how is this kid so stupid?!!! I've also never heard the Hitler being pro-gun control thing before. I'm really tempted to talk to his grandfather and have him set his bozo grandson straight, and then explain how all the shit Trump says is not okay.

@MarblesMom I wouldn't be surprised if sales of blood pressure medication have skyrocketed. I know therapists are reporting tons of patients come in with Trump anxiety.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/

the Weimer republic had far more restrictive gun control laws which Hitler relaxed,,,but he still prohibited Jews and other persecuted groups from owning them.  Pretty sure Hillary isn't planning on her proposal only applying to the demographic groups against whom she's planning a genocide.

And I'm not a Hillary fan but I do feel certain there are no genocidal plans whatsoever.  I don't think she wishes huge segments of the population would just disappear.  I'm not saying Trump is genocidal but for sure he wishes large swaths of Americans would just go away.

I was a kid when the Nazis marched through a nearby town and I remember how traumatic it was at home for kids in my predominantly Jewish neighborhood whose grandparents had lived through the camps.  There was very real fear for those survivors because a bunch of hate mongering assholes had time to play dress up and take to the streets.

If alive today and unchanged those Nazi marchers are Trump supporters.

The upside is an awful lot of people who are complete idiots at 15 do outgrow it and live to be very ashamed of the things they said when they thought they knew every damn thing.

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And I'm not a Hillary fan

Seconded.  

I am one of those who is lost in the selection process.  Don't wanna waste a vote, but don't like my choices.  I think there is a swelling crowd of us going "what do we do?"

12 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

And I'm also afraid of what Trump supporters will do when Hillary wins. Last thread @Mecca said something about militia recruitment? And Trump has already called for "second amendment people" to stop Hillary.

Yes. They are having sign ups at rallies. Trump is feeding the conspiracy bull to his base and they are eating it up. He is inciting his base, and it would not surprise me to see one of these loose cannons act out. 

Trump is also turning his supporters against the media. Yesterday at a rally a few of the Trumpers physically lashed out at reporters and one put the below on the media table. They drew the swastika wrong. Smart, those Trumpers  

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acosta/status/786661838930968576

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I would also like to add that whenever my cat comes into my bedroom, she'll look up at me and meow, and then wait for me to pat the bed before she jumps up and joins me for cuddles. My cat understands consent better than these GOP assholes. What does that tell you?

I'm all about consent but unlike yours, my cats are not.  Especially the one who wakes me up almost every night by licking my eyebrows because he wants to cuddle.  No means nothing to him - he feels entitled to a tummy rub whenever he wants it whether I feel like it or not.  So I give in.

Typing that out I realize I'm in some weird submissive relationship with my cat.  That'll give me something to discuss with my future therapist.

12 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/

the Weimer republic had far more restrictive gun control laws which Hitler relaxed,,,but he still prohibited Jews and other persecuted groups from owning them.  Pretty sure Hillary isn't planning on her proposal only applying to the demographic groups against whom she's planning a genocide.

And I'm not a Hillary fan but I do feel certain there are no genocidal plans whatsoever.  I don't think she wishes huge segments of the population would just disappear.  I'm not saying Trump is genocidal but for sure he wishes large swaths of Americans would just go away.

I was a kid when the Nazis marched through a nearby town and I remember how traumatic it was at home for kids in my predominantly Jewish neighborhood whose grandparents had lived through the camps.  There was very real fear for those survivors because a bunch of hate mongering assholes had time to play dress up and take to the streets.

If alive today and unchanged those Nazi marchers are Trump supporters.

The upside is an awful lot of people who are complete idiots at 15 do outgrow it and live to be very ashamed of the things they said when they thought they knew every damn thing.

I'd love to send this article to this little twerp. What happened? He was such a cute baby and now he's a fuckwit. Hopefully he'll grow out of it. But too many people don't. 

Hillary definitely isn't genocidal, but I can see Trump instituting internment camps or something. Who knows what will come out of that disgusting mouth of his next. He just scares me. 

And where did the fucking Nazis march through? When was this? That sounds beyond terrifying. It pisses me off to no end that so many Nazis got away with what they did, and then got to procreate and pass on their hate to new generations.

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm all about consent but unlike yours, my cats are not.  Especially the one who wakes me up almost every night by licking my eyebrows because he wants to cuddle.  No means nothing to him - he feels entitled to a tummy rub whenever he wants it whether I feel like it or not.  So I give in.

Typing that out I realize I'm in some weird submissive relationship with my cat.  That'll give me something to discuss with my future therapist.

I think everyone is submissive to their cat, to some extent. If they had opposable thumbs we'd all be in trouble. My cats are in the process of figuring out how to twist door knobs (they can already open doors that aren't completely shut).

Also did anyone see that photo of Trump kissing a "Women for Trump" sign? I think it's to prove how much he loves women. But the sight of him puckering his lips makes my lady parts shrivel up and die.

If I hear one more Trump supporter say, "Well, I hear that kind of talk all the time" when defending the hot mic leak, I might pull an Elvis and take out my TV in grand style. 

Do they not understand that by defending that type of talk in that manner it makes them look like predators as well? What kind of conversations are they having that results is talking about sexually assaulting women? Family values my ass...

And no, Trump has not changed since that happened. I can't believe his supporters make that claim with a straight face. He has been awful throughout the election cycle. He insulted everyone and then some. Changed people do not act like Trump. Trump is not a different man from 2005. He is worse. Full stop. 

7 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Seconded.  

I am one of those who is lost in the selection process.  Don't wanna waste a vote, but don't like my choices.  I think there is a swelling crowd of us going "what do we do?"

What can we do?  It took me a while but I've recently made peace with voting for her - albeit with a shitload of resentment and hoping she knows her now guaranteed landslide isn't a testament of love for her but a result of a huge number of us painted into a corner.

Like if I had to choose between having lunch with Gladys Kravitz and Ted Bundy no question I'd pick Gladys.  She's snoopy, annoying, and very narrow minded but she's not going to murder me.  Doesn't mean I'd eat with her if I had literally any other palateable choice but between the two...no contest.

Then just focus on more local races where the impact is greater anyway in a lot of things and hope for the best. 

Either that or we just take up a collection and pay Obama not to move out.  Say they found a clause in the constitution no one noticed before which says as long as the President hasn't moved his personal belongings out of the White House he's still in office.  We make sure there's some Obama dental floss and socks floating around personal quarters and we can ride out the next four years.  Let Michelle be President for a while if she wants...she's lovely and a great speaker.  Or one of the kids.  Their dog if they have one - do they have a dog?  Let the royal pooch hold office for a while.

I would donate for that.

@Mecca OMGOMG no warning on this?!  I just choked-laughed.  Thank you -  this is awesome.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Tell me you are making this shit up. Please. Please. I'm BEGGING here.

Sorry, it's real. I saw a picture from one of his rallies where a woman  had a t-shirt made that said something like "Trump, you can talk dirty to me!". I guess having a t-shirt made was too fancy for the second woman, so she pulled out some markers and went to town.

You've been warned:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/786733379567820800?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

8 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sorry, it's real.

SOME of us can band together and eschew the stupid, can we not?!

16 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I'd love to send this article to this little twerp. What happened? He was such a cute baby and now he's a fuckwit. Hopefully he'll grow out of it. But too many people don't. 

Hillary definitely isn't genocidal, but I can see Trump instituting internment camps or something. Who knows what will come out of that disgusting mouth of his next. He just scares me. 

And where did the fucking Nazis march through? When was this? That sounds beyond terrifying. It pisses me off to no end that so many Nazis got away with what they did, and then got to procreate and pass on their hate to new generations.

I think everyone is submissive to their cat, to some extent. If they had opposable thumbs we'd all be in trouble. My cats are in the process of figuring out how to twist door knobs (they can already open doors that aren't completely shut).

Also did anyone see that photo of Trump kissing a "Women for Trump" sign? I think it's to prove how much he loves women. But the sight of him puckering his lips makes my lady parts shrivel up and die.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/movies/chi-perspec-skokie-movie-20130116-column.html

they ended up marching in Chicago but the attempt that went to the Supreme Court was Skokie - a predominately Jewish suburb.  I grew up in a neighboring suburb with similar demographics.  My grade school was over 80% Jewish.  We had days off for Rosh Hashanna and Yom Kippur.  I thought most of the world was Jewish and we were the minority (not that I thought in those words) when I was little.  

The sick twist to all this?  "Frank Collins" the self appointed aryan ringleader was the son of a holocost survivor.  He's was an ethnic Jew yet endorsed "the final solution to the Jewish question" in interviews.  Someone explain this self loathing shit to me because it makes no sense.

Funny I remember that time like it was yesterday - it was the main topic of conversation for a while and very emotionally charged.  Understsndably for them but oddly for me as well - the daughter of a German immigrant - there was some degree of having to prove we weren't antisemetic.  Kids can make hurtful assumptions.  But I didn't remember that they moved the march - the court fight in the news was the bigger impact I guess.

Yeah right, i remember all the strangers i was on a plane with 35 years ago when nothing special happened to them. Doesn't everyone?

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

29 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sorry, it's real. I saw a picture from one of his rallies where a woman  had a t-shirt made that said something like "Trump, you can talk dirty to me!". I guess having a t-shirt made was too fancy for the second woman, so she pulled out some markers and went to town.

You've been warned:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/786733379567820800?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

The only thing saving her is the fact that the vast majority of Trump supporters cannot read, including Trump. 

What in the everloving hell would possess anyone to think that was a good idea? I am embarrassed for her. It truly is sad she thinks so little of herself that she thought this was a good idea. 

18 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

SOME of us can band together and eschew the stupid, can we not?!

I think we are.  I can't remember ever seeing FJ so completely on the same page regarding anything.

We'll all have our differences on many things, but we all recognize a common enemy when we see one.  

9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think we are.  I can't remember ever seeing FJ so completely on the same page regarding anything.

We'll all have our differences on many things, but we all recognize a common enemy when we see one.  

This just made me think of my sister's feline kiddos.  What really bonded them together was when my brother in law's parents left their dee oh gee with my sister and brother in law.  It was at that moment when they saw a big ol ball of white fur and canine over exuberance that they realized they had a common problem.  Since then they've been brother and sister.

More and more I am thinking I need to get my anxiety prescription refilled. You guys must have nerves of steel to be able to read this stuff all the time. It makes me furious and gets me so worked up.  I think mostly because my husband's family are rabid Trump supporters. (How he and his older brother came out of that liberals, I'll never know.)

Sometimes I think some of those people would get exactly the president they deserve if they got their way... Too bad he would screw up everybody else's life too.

I have no trouble with the trump can grab my shirt...(why did she not write pussy?? If the word is good enough for her president it should be good enough for her) At least it constitutes clear consent so if she's got the hots for Trump and he's got the hots for her, go have at it.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Crooks and Liars has a post up with  a few pictures of some t-shirts that his supporters have worn to his rallies. The pictures are NSFW due to language:

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/1trump-supporters-behaving-badly-part

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-fury-and-failure-of-donald-trump-w444943

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived