IGNORED

One of Hellena's twins has leukemia

ladyaudley

Oh, that poor baby!! I hope he makes a swift recovery, and I'm glad the parents are getting him the medical care he needs! I'll keep the little guy in my prayers.

Was Hellena the naked roast sitter, or am I thinking of someone else?

1 hour ago, PopRox said:

Oh, that poor baby!! I hope he makes a swift recovery, and I'm glad the parents are getting him the medical care he needs! I'll keep the little guy in my prayers.

Was Hellena the naked roast sitter, or am I thinking of someone else?

Haha no that was Ms. Graveyard Dirt.

ETA: I think Hellena would be more likely to molest a quinoa loaf or a tofurkey, personally! :pb_lol:

Edited by ladyamylynn
  • Upvote 8

Hellena is cray cray but unlike Sparkles does not see her kids as satellites of her own magnificence. She truly cares for them and would (and is) doing whatever she can for Merlin. It's a very different lifestyle to mine but they make it work. Everyone is fed and happy and receives appropriate medical care.

And to an earlier question, yes we have public housing in Aus. Also many, many support structures and benefits for the entire family. Merlin will receive first class medical care at no expense to his family and there are charities that can assist his family and siblings as well as government support. 

Edited by Blahblah
  • Upvote 15

8 minutes ago, I love Pringles said:

Prayers for Merlin poor baby.  Hellena is crazy but she legit loves her kids and I really like her. I love her crochet creatures.

@ladyamylynn Who's Ms Graveyard Dirt?

You're going to regret asking that.....

:brainbleach: Here is the brain bleach, you're going to need it!

Edited by DutchMommy
Edited to include the link
  • Upvote 3

Hellena loves her "happy hippie" role as much as the next guy, but I admire the fact that when it came down to it, she pushed everything aside to do the right thing for her kid.  Sadly, I don't know if all of the fundie bloggers we follow would have done the same in her shoes.  Look at Lauren. 

She seems to really grasp the importance of providing Merlin an extremely clean environment, and she has him in a hospital where he belongs.  She's definitely not plugging her fingers in her ears, and singing "la, la, la".  It's clear that she loves her child.

I also admire the fact that their community seems to be circling around them (they're certainly sending some sweet, thoughtful gifts for Merlin).

I am hoping the very best for their family.  Having a sick child is every mother's nightmare.

• Upvote 8

It's my understanding that many forms of childhood leukemia have a good prognosis if treated early.  I hope this is one of them.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, DutchMommy said:

You're going to regret asking that.....

:brainbleach: Here is the brain bleach, you're going to need it!

Oh my Holy Horseapples. What in the ever loving ........

I'm traumatized but must read the thread! This lady is worse than the one I found posing with my daughter's headstone while nude.

On 15 October 2016 at 2:29 PM, dpndetfarm said:

I must admit that I too, enjoy their brand of cray.  While her writing is kind of diarrhea on paper, her video logs are quite fun.  She is a much better speaker than writer.  It seems natural.  Her writing is a bit like she is "stenographing" her mind.  On her videos she seems like that completely out there friend you have that you secretly wish you were more like.

I have always found her to take criticism in a thoughtful, constructive manner and in the end she either rethinks things or owns what she has said.  And whatever else one may critique she adores her children and as far as I know has always gotten them attention as needed. 

I wish her child a fast and easy recovery.  Our neighbor's 4 year old is going through treatment for the same cancer.  It is truly amazing how far medicine has come in treating what often killed children when I was young.  The treatment, when successful, was pretty brutal to the patient too.  My then 6 year old cousin had it 45 or 50 years ago.  She lived, despite her mother's best efforts, but that is a story for another "tale of the crazy fundies" day.

If you have the bility to watch the show "cancer, emperor of all maladies" it talks about how chemo started with a childhood leukemia.

I....hot shit....Mrs Graveyard dirt is like a trainwreck. I'm totally like 100 pages back in her blog now. Is there a current thread for her because wow I am falling down the well with this one

We are all praising Hellena for getting him treatment but honestly we only know that he got diagnosed at a hospital.  That doesn't mean that they are necessarily going to follow recommended treatment or decide at some point that they don't want to follow the recommended protocol and treat him with alternative measures instead. I hope they do, I want to believe they will but her birth story of Merlin and his twin has always haunted me as incredibly reckless and stupid and anti-medicine. I wish him nothing but good health and them nothing but support for what is an incredibly stressful and emotionally taxing time but I don't trust them to suddenly fully trust traditional medical treatment.  I'm hoping that they work with the medical team to incorporate some alternative measures to make themselves more comfortable with the treatment while still getting proven treatment for their son. 

• Upvote 2

On 20/10/2016 at 0:24 AM, I love Pringles said:

Oh my Holy Horseapples. What in the ever loving ........

I'm traumatized but must read the thread! This lady is worse than the one I found posing with my daughter's headstone while nude.

WHAT THE FUCK.

• Upvote 2

JMO not sure what the situation is where you are from but in Australia she can't refuse treatment for her child for this situation. 

FACS would get involved within a day. 

I'm a nurse at a children's hospital. I've seen it happen. The parents never win. Luckily this is incredibly rare. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

JMO not sure what the situation is where you are from but in Australia she can't refuse treatment for her child for this situation. 

FACS would get involved within a day. 

I'm a nurse at a children's hospital. I've seen it happen. The parents never win. Luckily this is incredibly rare. 

I'm glad to hear this. In the US there is a way to get ACS involved but it would be a long drawn out process and the parents could always pick up and move. 

On 10/22/2016 at 9:05 AM, JMO said:

We are all praising Hellena for getting him treatment but honestly we only know that he got diagnosed at a hospital.  That doesn't mean that they are necessarily going to follow recommended treatment or decide at some point that they don't want to follow the recommended protocol and treat him with alternative measures instead. I hope they do.

I'm sure they will. They are moving house to be closer to the hospital where he is being treated.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Black Aliss said:

I'm sure they will. They are moving house to be closer to the hospital where he is being treated.

I agree.  She seems to be doing everything in her power to make sure he gets the care he needs.  

Her lifestyle isn't something I'd be comfortable with, but I don't doubt for a minute that she loves that child, and is going to do what the doctors tell her to do.  The fact that she is stressing how important it is that their environment be sterile (when it used to be anything but) tells me that she realizes how serious this is.

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm glad to hear this. In the US there is a way to get ACS involved but it would be a long drawn out process and the parents could always pick up and move. 

11 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

JMO that's terrifying! 

Relax. It is also not true.  Medical neglect is certainly covered under the child abuse statute in the US and Child Protective Services would definitely investigate and intervene as required if it is reported.  The tricky cases in the US are when the parents claim Religious Freedom as a reason to deny children medical care - as with Jehovah's Witnesses.  This happens in Australia too, but the laws there favor the best interest of the child over parental rights, unlike in the USA.

Parents picking up and moving to avoid CPS is another problem.  I think we have discussed before that this happens in Australia too as FACS jurisdictions are limited to their own states or territories.

Be that as it may, Hellena and Currawong definitely seem to be taking Merlin's illness very seriously, moving closer to the hospital in Brisbane and following through with medical care.  

• Upvote 4

On 10/23/2016 at 11:51 AM, kunoichi66 said:

WHAT THE FUCK.

Yeah it was fucked. We drove up to the cemetery one day (very rural and wooded area) and this lady was having a photo shoot in the nude posing on headstones. One of which was my daughter's. She wasn't completely nude I guess she had these lacey stocking things on but it was disturbing and we called the police and now on our cemetery rules it says 'No nude or partially clothed photos'

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I agree.  She seems to be doing everything in her power to make sure he gets the care he needs.  

Her lifestyle isn't something I'd be comfortable with, but I don't doubt for a minute that she loves that child, and is going to do what the doctors tell her to do.  The fact that she is stressing how important it is that their environment be sterile (when it used to be anything but) tells me that she realizes how serious this is.

Yes she is completely making sure that everything is clean and she definitely seems to me that she understands the seriousness of what is going on.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, I love Pringles said:

Yeah it was fucked. We drove up to the cemetery one day (very rural and wooded area) and this lady was having a photo shoot in the nude posing on headstones. One of which was my daughter's. She wasn't completely nude I guess she had these lacey stocking things on but it was disturbing and we called the police and now on our cemetery rules it says 'No nude or partially clothed photos'

Sweet Jesus, that's horrifying. And so disrespectful.

I am sorry that you had that happen to you.

Edited by kunoichi66
Removal of quote box
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, kunoichi66 said:

Sweet Jesus, that's horrifying. And so disrespectful.

I am sorry that you had that happen to you.

It messed me up and I became pretty anal about anyone disrespecting graveyards and memorials. I still am and really get onto people for not being respectful.

• Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, I love Pringles said:

Who thinks that a nude photoshoot at a cemetery is a good idea? They they think no one would notice? I guess some dumb people figure that if there isn't a rule strictly prohibiting something, then it's perfectly fine. The only upside to your seeing that abomination was that you caught them in the act, as opposed to seeing your daughter's headstone being used inappropriately on the Internet.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Who thinks that a nude photoshoot at a cemetery is a good idea? They they think no one would notice? I guess some dumb people figure that if there isn't a rule strictly prohibiting something, then it's perfectly fine. The only upside to your seeing that abomination was that you caught them in the act, as opposed to seeing your daughter's headstone being used inappropriately on the Internet.

Definitely just knowing about it was bad enough but finding it online would have been so much worse.

I'm ok with people taking normal photos of headstones that's one thing.  Even nice proper photos (read: clothed) with headstones and posting them. But nude? WTF. Cemeteries in this state if not on private land are classed as a public park so the lady got charged with public indecency and got a really hefty fine as well as community service. 

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, I love Pringles said:

Definitely just knowing about it was bad enough but finding it online would have been so much worse.

I'm ok with people taking normal photos of headstones that's one thing.  Even nice proper photos (read: clothed) with headstones and posting them. But nude? WTF. Cemeteries in this state if not on private land are classed as a public park so the lady got charged with public indecency and got a really hefty fine as well as community service. 

I am glad to hear it.  Maybe that'll make people rethink their 'edgy' ideas in the future...