IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

16 minutes ago, cathgrl1 said:

This looks to me like the river district in downtown San Antonio, maybe near the Marriott.  Does anyone else think so?

Yup, those look like the boats you can ride down the river in San Antonio. 

Plus, you can see the name of a San Antonio restaurant (Paesonos - http://paesanosriverwalk.com/) on the menu in this picture. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sunshine said:

No, Jim Bob is there. So, I predict this weekend is the wedding and the announcement will be the same day.

Oops, didn't see the picture. And I agree about the announcement being the day of or even after the wedding.

4 hours ago, Melissa said:

The canal looks like the San Antonio river walk. It would make sense for either a visit or honeymoon, about 3-4 hours from Laredo.

Bummer!  I was hoping it was the Venetian in Las Vegas :GPn0zNK:.

2 hours ago, flycat said:

Looking at this picture and considering Jeremy's comments about how they are getting pre-marriage counceling from dad... I hope Jinger does not have to do pre-marriage counseling with three men. If you sit there and they start talking about being joyfully available and all that, it could get really awkward. Wouldn't put it past JB. Hopefully mil is there to rescue her.

33 minutes ago, divadivine said:

3 hours ago, flycat said:

Looking at this picture and considering Jeremy's comments about how they are getting pre-marriage counceling from dad... I hope Jinger does not have to do pre-marriage counseling with three men. If you sit there and they start talking about being joyfully available and all that, it could get really awkward. Wouldn't put it past JB. Hopefully mil is there to rescue her.

Where did you read that they are getting pre marriage counselling?  But if she listens to these men she needs more help.  It's just disgusting.   Why is Michelle never with them? I hate this cult if a stranger  yes Papa Voula is a stranger is telling Jinge sexual stuff. 

again Michelle not protecting her daughter from vultures. yes JB is a vulture if he is discussing sex with Michelle not present imo in front of Jeremy 

I was thinking Opryland too cause of the canal and the restaurant looks very familiar!

Also I was trying to find this in old posts, but what was the lengthen of their entire courtship/engagement?

4 hours ago, flycat said:

Yup, those look like the boats you can ride down the river in San Antonio. 

Plus, you can see the name of a San Antonio restaurant (Paesonos - http://paesanosriverwalk.com/) on the menu in this picture. 

Oh god. That hat. Didn't Ben have a hat like that? 

I just would never want to have pre-marital counselling with a family member. Not even one I was close to. And probably not even a friend.

There are a lot of personal questions that I would feel weird talking about with them. And it would be awkward for them too. Like how many kids I wanted, what I expected our sex life to be like, what our finances should be like, what our budget should look like, living will arrangements, and so on. I wouldn't want them to hem and haw and be like "haha well this is about to get awkward guys..." like I can see creepy Jim Bob being. Just cut to the chase. You're wasting time and making it worse.

It's just another case of Jim Bob being so controlling he can't even let his daughter talk about HER future marriage without him sticking his big fat smug face in it.

2 hours ago, nst said:

Where did you read that they are getting pre marriage counselling?  But if she listens to these men she needs more help.  It's just disgusting.   Why is Michelle never with them? I hate this cult if a stranger  yes Papa Voula is a stranger is telling Jinge sexual stuff. 

again Michelle not protecting her daughter from vultures. yes JB is a vulture if he is discussing sex with Michelle not present imo in front of Jeremy 

Where did you get the idea that premarrital counseling refers to only sex?  I assume there's a lot more to a marriage than just sex and it's that other stuff that the 2 dads are counseling them on.  The sex talks are probably more private.  One between Jinger and Michelle. Jeremy may not even need the talk.

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Where did you get the idea that premarrital counseling refers to only sex?  I assume there's a lot more to a marriage than just sex and it's that other stuff that the 2 dads are counseling them on.  The sex talks are probably more private.  One between Jinger and Michelle. Jeremy may not even need the talk.

I didn't  get that idea.  But why the men constantly in pictures - why not Mrs V and Moochelle.... it's just disturbing.  

Jeremy won't need any talking I get the impression 

I know here you have to do pre-marital counselling with a priest if you're getting married in the Catholic Church. I think you have tod o it for a few weeks. Not sure exactly how long, I think it depends on the priest and how laid back he is. But I wouldn't want to do it with a family member or even a friend. 

I know here you have to do pre-marital counselling with a priest if you're getting married in the Catholic Church. I think you have tod o it for a few weeks. Not sure exactly how long, I think it depends on the priest and how laid back he is. But I wouldn't want to do it with a family member or even a friend. 

I work at a church (non-denominational) and our pastor requires 4 sessions of counseling before the wedding.

It's not at all sexual (beyond him telling you to chat together about how many kids to have) and more based on keeping communication.

Our secretary got married last year, and while he preformed the ceremony he felt too close to them for the counseling and farmed it out to another pastor.

2 hours ago, nst said:

Sorry y'all (yeah I'm from Texas and we really do say y'all) but pre-marriage counselling is not really about sex. We had in the Catholic religion a practice called Engagement Encounter and it was basically pre-marriage counseling. Did not talk about sex, not one single time. It was about two people coming together to make a union, living together, and making it pleasant and making it work. If you did not live together before hand (we did not) there is a lot to work out. Money, living location, who does what to make thinks go smoothly. We talked about things that horny young lovers don't think about at first.   just don't think they are sitting there telling her how it is done. I think they have that part figured out. And I just noticed this is my 69th post, carry on.

23 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I bet they are keeping this super duper quiet like they did with Jill's wedding and we will find out once they have their pictures blasted all over People magazine with a cover page and entire spread. Bleh....:puke-huge::puke-front:     :puke-right: :puke-left:

Ka-ching $$$!

Didn't Jill announce her wedding date two months beforehand though? So did Jessa. Jinger and Jeremy have been super secretive about things (not just their wedding date, but the date they started courting etc.) It's odd for that family.

5 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Didn't Jill announce her wedding date two months beforehand though? So did Jessa. Jinger and Jeremy have been super secretive about things (not just their wedding date, but the date they started courting etc.) It's odd for that family.

This is the first courtship/wedding post-Joshgate, that probably had an effect on how they're handling things.

I would also feel very uncomfortable to have marriage counseling with a parent. Also it seems unnecessary, because if you have lived with your parents 20 years, you know what they think about marriage. You've lived their marriage, successes and mistakes. The only thing you (hopefully) would not know about is their sex life. And who wants that kind of marriage counceling from their parents?? Me and the DH were quite capable of figuring that part out, and since we can read, we had plenty useful advice available should we have needed it. 

Having your dad do a lego talk with you and your bf on TV is one of the creepiest things I can imagine.

1 hour ago, nst said:

I didn't  get that idea.  But why the men constantly in pictures - why not Mrs V and Moochelle.... it's just disturbing.  

Jeremy won't need any talking I get the impression 

What do you mean by the men constantly in pictures and why is it disturbing that her father is the one who accompanied her on this trip rather than her mother?  Michelle was the one to go on the engagement trip.  This time she stayed home to celebrate Hannie's 11th birthday.

15 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

it looks like a hotel and I've seen it before. The only odd thing is they are standing ALONE without Boob or MEchelle in between them.

IMG_3305.PNG

That is San Antonio on The Riverwalk.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived