IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

so if the wedding is next weekend - and some of us are not online 

pm us so we know otherwise our lives will be ruined if we don't know right away 

:D

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, marmalade said:

LOL, I'm just watching Skate Canada on my computer, so I have time to kill during the bad skates. :D

I'm just reading the forum on Goldenskate and will watch on DVR later.

What about that crystal cathedral in the woods place? That is in Arkansas, right? Maybe too rustic for Jinger, though. I'm leaning towards San Antonio. City wedding, city girl...honeymoon....NYC? Or maybe London? Big city, soccer vibe....Italy makes sense with his background, but that is too similar to Jessa's....so unless they are going to hang out on the Mediterranean or something, I'm guessing elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I'm just reading the forum on Goldenskate and will watch on DVR later.

ICE DANCE!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!! Watch the last group and be amazed! 

4 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

What about that crystal cathedral in the woods place? That is in Arkansas, right? Maybe too rustic for Jinger, though. I'm leaning towards San Antonio. City wedding, city girl...honeymoon....NYC? Or maybe London? Big city, soccer vibe....Italy makes sense with his background, but that is too similar to Jessa's....so unless they are going to hang out on the Mediterranean or something, I'm guessing elsewhere.

The chapel where Jessa got engaged (sorry, forget its name) is way too small for what looks to be another huge, low-rent Duggar shindig if people are asking Ashley Salyer if she's coming from NYC. It sounds like they invited every Gothardite they know, as per usual (save Smuggar...that church only held something like 300). 

And let's hope Jer knows enough to wear a condom forever... and educate his childbride on ovulation schedules ....

44 minutes ago, marmalade said:

ICE DANCE!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!! Watch the last group and be amazed! 

The chapel where Jessa got engaged (sorry, forget its name) is way too small for what looks to be another huge, low-rent Duggar shindig if people are asking Ashley Salyer if she's coming from NYC. It sounds like they invited every Gothardite they know, as per usual (save Smuggar...that church only held something like 300). 

what surprises me yet doesn't is the fact they will have the same wedding photographer as Jessa 

but then she is the extension of Jessa so no.

new poll

Best Man  Jeremy's other friend

Best Man after  Ben

Will we see Jeremy cry - yes

will Jinge wear a headband - yes 

Will either of Jeremy's (non-fundie) siblings be in the wedding party? 

(I've looked at the brother's IMDB page....his work is FAR from fundie-approved stuff)

6 hours ago, Mela99 said:

This is a stupid comment probably, but wouldn't they have had to decide a while ago if they were attending the wedding or not? Or.. well. I suppose not. I doubt they all do RSVPs since they don't do food... or drinks... or favors... or places to sit.

Normally I'd say yes, but -

1. Fundies are notoriously blasé (spelling?) about set times/dates/obligations. If there's one thing the Bates house remodel taught us, it's that 'one room' means 'a new fricken house' and 'one month' means 'six to eight months minimum but with ongoing issues for a long time after that'. 

2. Zach does have a 'proper' job. If he's working as a sheriff or something, I dare say they have to watch ratios and make sure the area has enough police officers. If they're short-staffed or had a few staff request time off in the same timeframe, I could understand them not knowing for sure if they could make it or not.

euuuughhh I just defended fundies? I need to have a shower now. Excuse me. 

On 10/20/2016 at 8:34 PM, SassyPants said:

You go, girl. I think it's so interesting how everyone's body is so different. I had no issues at all with my first until I was 43 weeks PG and nothing was happening. A failed induction and fetal distress bought me a c-section for a baby that was a posterior lay. I had the surgery at midnight, after about 28 hours of labor, and was up walking by 8AM. With the second, again, no labor @ 42 weeks and off I went for a repeat section. He was born at 2PM and I was up walking at 6PM. I never had any post op pain or medications at all. Everything was easy as compared to that 20+ hours of back labor and Pitocin.

Am I the only PG woman on Earth who never had a natural contraction? Not one, ever!

I swear to BOB if not for c-sections, I'd still be PG nearly 30 years later.

I have two sons and have never been in labor, or even thought I was in labor. We should totally start a club!!! :D

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Will either of Jeremy's (non-fundie) siblings be in the wedding party? 

(I've looked at the brother's IMDB page....his work is FAR from fundie-approved stuff)

What's the brother called?

14 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

This month has been absolutely gorgeous here in the Heartland. I was actually hoping it would be a little cooler today, because my costume for tonight's Halloween parties is "Sexy Darth Vader." It's basically a black catsuit with a cape. I might get sweaty tonight...

We're heading for another week in the 80's here in SW Indiana. Very beautiful but causes me to wonder what kind of winter we will have...:huh:

Okay, this time I REALLY think it's this upcoming weekend. I'm guessing that they will have their first kiss at the altar. I see Ben and Jessa as MOH and Best Man, but the other older girls will be bridesmaids. Josh and Anna and the kids will absolutely be in the wedding photos. They don't seem concerned about really hiding him anymore. My big guesses are these: it won't be at Cross Church, and Jessa will have some sort of flowers in her hair, I see her with a flower crown.

I'm kinda glad the wedding didn't happen yesterday because I get to put my bet in ;)  

Location of wedding: Arkansas because it's tradition 
First kiss at the alter: Hell yes! I'm picturing big wraparound mini-dip kiss that goes just long enough to be uncomfortable 
Wedding colours: Sunset in the City theme with purple, blue and gold colors
Bridal party: MOH - Jessa, BM - Ben, then Jana, Jill and Joy for bridesmaids and Chuck, Soccer friend, Soccer friend for groomsmen.
Guest list size: 500 sounds about right
Honeymoon location: NYC, of course
Michelle's attire: I'm thinking a peach monstrosity this time
Josh and Anna in family pictures: Yes, but not in any released pics

And the comment deleting makes me think next weekend is looking more likely. :popcorn: I'm ready.

22 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I would think that the wedding is this weekend and that the getaway is code for wedding. I wonder if the tinman dress will come back? Or will it be a new one? 

I have a feeling that the tin man dress will make a reappearance, and a lot more stuff will get handed down, because it's a quickie wedding and Jinger is not Glamourpuss/Marketable Jessa, nor is she Jill the Golden Child.

Ok, so here are my bets:

Location of wedding: Arkansas
First kiss at the alter: Yes, but they'll cover it with bride's flowers
Wedding colours: Orange like bride's fake tan, brown and gold
Bridal party: Jessa, Jana, Jill and Joy; Bin, Joseph for sure and some soccer guys
Guest list size: about 600
Honeymoon location: Europe, especially Barcelona, Madrit or other very soccer city
Michelle's attire: Not elegant at all, more something she wears everyday
Josh and Anna: Only Anna and M-kids present on photos

Also:

Perfect marriage of Jim Boob and J'Chelle mentioned on wedding seremon: YES!

Lost girls crying before wedding - YES!

Michelle as a Matron of Honor (like Michael Bates Brandon did) - very probably

I am admittedly behind on watching the show.  I knew Jeremy lived in Texas but not that his family is in New Jersey. Is his entire family in Jersey? So when Jinger moves to Laredo it's just her and Jeremy? Since we know she has no friends, she won't even be able to go out for coffee with any of his family? For someone who has not learned to meet friends organically, and I doubt Jeremy would want her to do anything other serve him all day anyway, she will basically be in isolation.

I find it interesting that Jeremy was raised semi-fundy, yet his siblings, particularly his sister, live independent lives. Must be somewhat shocking to Jinger that they aren't as out there as Jeremy. They may hold some of his beliefs but the fact that the sister seems to have an education, real job and lives away from her family says a lot about how different she is from Jinger. I wonder how the family really feels about the marriage. I cannot imagine raising your children to go to college, be independent adults, and one marries the equivalent of a 13 year old. It would not fly in my family.

I don't see how they can build episodes around just Jeremy and Jinger in Laredo. Jinger is boring by herself and I cannot see Jeremy making her more interesting when he isn't interesting himself. Is Laredo far from Big Sandy? Could there be one tie in there?

26 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I am admittedly behind on watching the show.  I knew Jeremy lived in Texas but not that his family is in New Jersey. Is his entire family in Jersey? So when Jinger moves to Laredo it's just her and Jeremy? Since we know she has no friends, she won't even be able to go out for coffee with any of his family? For someone who has not learned to meet friends organically, and I doubt Jeremy would want her to do anything other serve him all day anyway, she will basically be in isolation.

I find it interesting that Jeremy was raised semi-fundy, yet his siblings, particularly his sister, live independent lives. Must be somewhat shocking to Jinger that they aren't as out there as Jeremy. They may hold some of his beliefs but the fact that the sister seems to have an education, real job and lives away from her family says a lot about how different she is from Jinger. I wonder how the family really feels about the marriage. I cannot imagine raising your children to go to college, be independent adults, and one marries the equivalent of a 13 year old. It would not fly in my family.

I don't see how they can build episodes around just Jeremy and Jinger in Laredo. Jinger is boring by herself and I cannot see Jeremy making her more interesting when he isn't interesting himself. Is Laredo far from Big Sandy? Could there be one tie in there?

I don't watch the show at all, but as far as I understand, all of Jeremy's family is in Jersey and New England. I think he originally came to Texas (San Antonio) to play soccer and then his San Antonio church had him church plant in Laredo. So yes, I imagine Jinger will be extremely isolated there. It sounds kind of miserable, to be honest. According to Google Maps, Laredo is about 530 miles, or an eight-hour drive, from Big Sandy. Not exactly around the corner. ;)

Location of wedding: San Antonio
First kiss at the alter: No dip, hands all but groping, too much visible tongue
Wedding colours: autumn colors with coffee accents
Bridal party: Jessa as MOH, other sisters as bridesmaids
Guest list size: 500
Honeymoon location: A big city, European soccer places if bill is footed (but not Madrid, not enough English speakers there). Otherwise NYC, Dallas, somewhere domestic
Michelle's attire: Something uglier and more casual than the tinman dress
Josh and Anna in family pictures: Yes, but hidden at the back, mkids in front

4 hours ago, seraaa said:

What's the brother called?

if that is his brother on IMDB, at least one of the projects he has been a part of was a story about a love between 2 men.  It was a short film called Abrase.    This is interesting to me, because haven't both Jeremy and his father preached on the sins of homosexuality?  Yet there are pictures of the brother with the family that look to be relatively recent in the past couple of years.  

Even if Jeremy has that 'love the sinner, hate the sin" attitude towards the gay community, that would at least be a step forward compared to the Duggar's attitudes, I would think.   

While searching, I found some pics of Jeremy from his Soccer days.  Now, I am not one who finds him very handsome, though I think he has a nice physique.  But, there was one picture of him with longer hair, playing soccer and he looked really good.    Compared to the other two BILs,  Jeremy is probably the best looking.  Ben used to be kind of a cutie, but something has changed in his looks and he has lost it. 

AND YES<  I will totally cop to this being an extremely superficial post.  Normally I am deeper than looks, but I am studying to take a test that could determine my future job, and my brain just needed to superficial diversion.

Ny predictions

Location: Arkansas, gotta have it in Duggarland, JB still needs to be in control.

Colors: Navy blue and creme.

Kiss at the alter: definitely, and way too excited of one. 

Wedding party: Jessa as MOH, Dumber, Jana, Joy and one non Duggar and bridesmaids. (Maybe Laura DeMaisie?) Ben doesn't make the cut on Jeremy's side.

Joshley in photos, but in the very back.

Honeymoon depends on who's footing the bill. If TLC, Europe, probably London since Jessa did Italy and Paris already. If not, then NYC. 

Guest list: 800. I never believe Duggars when they say "small" and there is a registry,  it's just secret.

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

Is his entire family in Jersey?

If they move anywhere besides Laredo, I think Jersey would suit Jinger. There are giant malls EVERYWHERE that she could shop in, and, depending on where in Jersey, she'd be an hour away from either New York or Philadelphia (I was from the sweet spot where it takes an hour to get to both)

People always laugh at NJ, but honestly, after moving away I miss how much there was to do there. 

Re Ben as a groomsmen: I doubt it. Compare how Jeremy acted with his friends from soccer to how he acts with Ben. If Ben is Best Man then this entire thing is SO FAKE

I think for colors they will go maroon and rust with cream touches. That's a pretty in thing right now . I think their honeymoon will be a pray-cation a la the Wallers.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived