IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

On 10/22/2016 at 11:47 PM, foreign fundie said:

As for the feeling of disconnection, I had that after the birth of my second, even though it was vaginal. I was in so much pain and so exhausted that I had no interest in the baby for the first day or so. And although I felt guilty at first, I had plenty of time to catch up on affection later.

Oh yeah, I had a major disconnect with my twins when they were born. First, it was an emergency section, I got a quick glimpse of their faces before they were whisked off the to NICU. Second, I was bleeding and had to be put under the second they were out. Third, I couldn't go to the NICU because I wasn't doing well for 3 days. And finally, when I did see them it was so impossible to connect the two babies I was happy about and carrying with the terrifying fetus-looking babies I was scared of in the NICU. But over their 9 weeks in the NICU I fell hopelessly in love with them. I've been a stay at home mom for nearly 5 years now and I can't imagine a mom and kids more  bonded than we are. And I didn't even meet them til they were 3 days old!!! After what we went through, if mom and babies make it out alive, call it a success. I don't care if you have a section, a vaginal birth, skin to skin or straight to NICU. If your baby comes home, you win as a lot of us know people (or are people) whose babies did not come home.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think all of those things will eventually come to fruition for most of the Duggars. They just need to grow up, mature and live life a bit. Plus, JB and M are getting older. There will come a time where Daddy won't seem like such a menacing creature. For God sake, Josh molested people and had affairs via a dating site (CASUAL SEX, PEOPLE) and he is still part of the family and has not fallen off the face of the Earth. If the girls decide to limit family size and wear pants like most other adult do, do ALL of them really believe those choices will damn them to hell forever? SERIOUSLY? What about Ben, Derick and Jeremy- I doubt they feel pants= life in hell.  Hell, Cathy and Jeremy's mom may as well cash it in- those pants wearing hussies.

Also, what about wearing pants and volunteering their time at a soup kitchen or some other worthy service venue?? Aren't selfless actions rewarded with sanctifying grace?

In God's eyes, does having 19 kids and raising none of them trump using NFP, having a reasonable number of children, and being an excellent parent?

This isn't faith, this is brain washing, plain and simple. People can be deprogrammed. I think most of these kids will be living in our world before long.

CHOICE matters. The kids need to figure out if all this BS is their choice, or JB's choice.

Here's the thing. Jimchelle were normal. I wonder if the kids bring that up. "YOu kissed before marriage. You're fine"

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

Here's the thing. Jimchelle were normal. I wonder if the kids bring that up. "YOu kissed before marriage. You're fine"

That's what makes it all even more horrifying. The Boob and M CHOSE this lifestyle after they lived in our world, but their kids have had zero choice in the matter and in addition, have had their hands tied by lack of education and lack of connection to the real world.

2 hours ago, twinmama said:

Oh yeah, I had a major disconnect with my twins when they were born. First, it was an emergency section, I got a quick glimpse of their faces before they were whisked off the to NICU. Second, I was bleeding and had to be put under the second they were out. Third, I couldn't go to the NICU because I wasn't doing well for 3 days. And finally, when I did see them it was so impossible to connect the two babies I was happy about and carrying with the terrifying fetus-looking babies I was scared of in the NICU. But over their 9 weeks in the NICU I fell hopelessly in love with them. I've been a stay at home mom for nearly 5 years now and I can't imagine a mom and kids more  bonded than we are. And I didn't even meet them til they were 3 days old!!! After what we went through, if mom and babies make it out alive, call it a success. I don't care if you have a section, a vaginal birth, skin to skin or straight to NICU. If your baby comes home, you win as a lot of us know people (or are people) whose babies did not come home.

This is a big reason I don't intend on making a birth plan. The details don't matter to me. I just want them to get my daughter out safe and healthy.

I mean, yeah it'd be awesome if I could hold her immediately after she's born or if they could let me know when my last chance for an epidural is or something. But baby girl being safe and healthy is all I care about. If that happens I'll be happy.

(No judgement towards those who do write birth plans though. I know they can be helpful in many situations. :pb_smile:)

5 hours ago, Scribber said:

756ed54bbe638edfd7f828734081b38b.jpg

What are the odds their weekend "getaway" is code for Jingers wedding?

Hot damn, that (awful) woman looks good. What the hell?  

I wonder when Poor Jana gets to have a weekend away?  She does most of the actual work in that home, but JB and M go to fundie marriage retreats, weekends away, etc. 

41 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I wonder when Poor Jana gets to have a weekend away?  She does most of the actual work in that home, but JB and M go to fundie marriage retreats, weekends away, etc. 

I fear Jana will even have MORE childcare and work ahead of her if she stays in the compound!

Because let's face it: JB and Michelle's kids are getting older and don't need as much personally care but there will be a steady stream of grandbabies (nieces and nephews for Jana) to be taken care of.  This is endless and could be even more work for Jana because there will be more children to take care of and at different times, and it's all non constant. This is horror, I get anxiety even thinking about it. She needs to get out of there with or without a husband or SOMEONE.

Just think about it. 2-4 new babies each year from now on. and it get's more and more and more. Some of these couples will always need a break or be on a retreat or just on a date. Jana will never get a break. Jana, you know what, just move away, not very far, but far enough to not be taken advantage of every day. That poor woman!

I watched a show once where an older child was taking care of younger siblings and under so much pressure he got ill. I'm surprised Jana hasn't completely lost it when she's been 'showing her servant heart' for about 20 years now. I just really want her to get out if there. If she DOES  get to do up the tattoo parlour and some sort of business gets going I hope a nice NORMAL guy comes and gets her out of there. Sadly due to JB I think marriage is the best way out.

Cathy and Diana both wear pants and got an education and work (ed) so you'd think their sons would know better.  Derrick let us down but maybe Jezza with his 'past' and normal seeming family will help a Duggar have some semblance of a life.

5 hours ago, Fascinated said:

She has plenty of time each day to keep herself looking fresh for hey hey hey with Boob. Jana however...

12 hours ago, Scribber said:

756ed54bbe638edfd7f828734081b38b.jpg

What are the odds their weekend "getaway" is code for Jingers wedding?

The real question is.... Is that a bowl of tator tots she's eating?

Is this discussed in another thread?  I just heard on a TLC promo "2 more episodes till Jinger ties the knot!"  I bet she will be joyfully submitting tonight..... this IS fast if they are really showing the episode in three weeks.

16 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Is this discussed in another thread?  I just heard on a TLC promo "2 more episodes till Jinger ties the knot!"  I bet she will be joyfully submitting tonight..... this IS fast if they are really showing the episode in three weeks.

Really?? We don't even know a date yet, do we?

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

This is a big reason I don't intend on making a birth plan. The details don't matter to me. I just want them to get my daughter out safe and healthy.

I mean, yeah it'd be awesome if I could hold her immediately after she's born or if they could let me know when my last chance for an epidural is or something. But baby girl being safe and healthy is all I care about. If that happens I'll be happy.

(No judgement towards those who do write birth plans though. I know they can be helpful in many situations. :pb_smile:)

I had a loss at 10 weeks the first time around, so during my second pregnancy, all I wanted was him to be born alive - I had so much anxiety and fear that something would go wrong, that even when I was pushing I was praying he wouldn't die!  Seriously, it was like PTSD or something ~ so when I was asked about a birth plan, I just chuckled: "Get him out alive, that's my plan!" in between a contraction. 

I think it's great to have a plan, and go in knowing what works for you, and what you'd like to happen - but I also think it's a good idea to keep it in perspective, that unfortunately birth doesn't go as planned a lot of time, and to prepared emotionally and mentally when it doesn't. 

Sending you good vibes for an uncomplicated birth, and a healthy mama and baby! <3

8 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I agree that it probably helps that she's taking weekend trips several times a year, or able to actually have more self care time than most of us other mama's.  I wouldn't judge her for taking care of herself, if I knew for sure she'd let her daughters have that same amount of time for themselves, too.

Also, I really do wonder if the instragram is code for Jinger's wedding!  Is their a location attached to the pic?  If it says Texas, I'm going to squeal lol.

38 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

^ see that's what I thought I heard after the recent clip show special: "two more episodes till Jinger's - (wedding, ties the knot)" <-- can't remember the specific wording anymore.

I really do wonder if the wedding is today (or tomorrow?  Do they get married on Sundays??).  And they'll hastily edit it for a VSE to air in like a month?  So I still think next week, will be a clip show of the other weddings - maybe with some sprinkling of Jinger's wedding planning . . . and the next one after that, all about Jinger, reflecting on her growing up, sprinkled with a bachelorette party and final wedding stuff.  And then a mini hiatus, coming back with a VSE of the wedding.  I actually think ratings would be better for the wedding if they don't make us wait months on end for it - because by then, all the details will leak.  Versus us tuning in to see the details.  But I don't know if TLC is that smart.

What is it with JB and Michelle constantly jetting off on "weekend getaways" and going to retreats? I mean, my parents are retired/semi-retired and my sister and I are adults out of the house (so their only real responsibility is the dog), and they aren't running off every weekend to tacky resorts to go screw. JB and Michelle still have primary school-aged children (Josie, Jordyn, Jennifer, Johannah) at home -- I know they haven't given a shit about those girls since Josie stopped being a reliable source of attention, or had any part in their upbringing because the J'Slaves were so "kind" to be those girls' mothers, but this just shows how selfish and checked out JB and Michelle are.

Use some of your TLC money to soundproof your bedroom walls and raise your goddamn kids, JB and Michelle.

5 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

I had a loss at 10 weeks the first time around, so during my second pregnancy, all I wanted was him to be born alive - I had so much anxiety and fear that something would go wrong, that even when I was pushing I was praying he wouldn't die!  Seriously, it was like PTSD or something ~ so when I was asked about a birth plan, I just chuckled: "Get him out alive, that's my plan!" in between a contraction. 

I think it's great to have a plan, and go in knowing what works for you, and what you'd like to happen - but I also think it's a good idea to keep it in perspective, that unfortunately birth doesn't go as planned a lot of time, and to prepared emotionally and mentally when it doesn't. 

Sending you good vibes for an uncomplicated birth, and a healthy mama and baby! <3

Thank you! I had a very early loss in late February, so I've been a bit on edge this entire pregnancy. I finally started relaxing after we reached 20 weeks and then 28 weeks. We hit 29 weeks today, so just 9-13 weeks left until she's finally here! :pb_biggrin:

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

What is it with JB and Michelle constantly jetting off on "weekend getaways" and going to retreats? I mean, my parents are retired/semi-retired and my sister and I are adults out of the house (so their only real responsibility is the dog), and they aren't running off every weekend to tacky resorts to go screw. JB and Michelle still have primary school-aged children (Josie, Jordyn, Jennifer, Johannah) at home -- I know they haven't given a shit about those girls since Josie stopped being a reliable source of attention, or had any part in their upbringing because the J'Slaves were so "kind" to be those girls' mothers, but this just shows how selfish and checked out JB and Michelle are.

Use some of your TLC money to soundproof your bedroom walls and raise your goddamn kids, JB and Michelle.

Michelle and JB - they have slaves at home and it clearly seems they need to be together all the time because JB is a horndog. 

as well as JB works for himself so he doesn't have to work.... and Michelle tells the world that she has to be there for her HUSBAND.  

But it is nauseating that they can't be home and take care of the last four remaining young ones.... I hate this family. 

my folks who are both retired - endlessly go away Monday-Wednesday to their vacation home.....(they just bought a new one yesterday :D

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Yeah I don't know if I was going to write a birth plan or not. I never got far enough to think about it much, lol. I did have a doc that would deliver twins vaginally, even if baby B was breech, so I was on board with attempting that. I think birth plans are a great idea, but birth is a fluid situation (LOL no gross pun intended) and flexibility is pretty important. 

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Jinjer speak any Spanish? I imagine that might be to her benefit if she's going to be living in Laredo - it is Laredo, right?

36 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Jinjer speak any Spanish? I imagine that might be to her benefit if she's going to be living in Laredo - it is Laredo, right?

Given that Jill, who was shown as the one most interested in learning Spanish from Marjorie's mom on the show, and who has lived in Central America for the past year, can barely string together a sentence in Spanish, I'm gonna go with no.

In my part of the world ,a Birth plan is non existent. You can follow birthing classes if you really feel motivated , but that's how far it goes, really . Everyone goes to hospital to give birth . Some courageous moms -to -be try without epidural, but most go for sedation .All births are assisted with a gynaecologist present and a midwife in a regular hospital setting . Once baby arrived you  have the choice between breastfeeding or bottles, nobody whines when you choose bottle. Baby sleeps in a cod next to mommies bed. After two days you go home if there are no problems . Fathers have the choice to attend or not . Personally I felt like fathers presence was totally not necessary , I was more worried about him sweating and being emotional then I was focused on having the baby at moments .  I was so focused on myself and kind of felt him being there was an extra distraction. What I mean is every woman should do as she pleases without pressure from anyone else , including fathers and the la leche leage . :)) 

I think Jing and Jerm are getting married today!

Michelle is way dolled up in the above photo and even her hair is styled differently, I'm guessing it was for one of the pre-wedding events. That, along with a few other things that other posters have caught/sleuthed out over the last few days, yeah, I think it's today.

I guess we'll know soon enough :)

6 hours ago, freshlemonade said:

The real question is.... Is that a bowl of tator tots she's eating?

Definitely not at home, those are real dishes, not Styrofoam. . . must be in a hotel somewhere. This pic makes me barf.

2 hours ago, seraaa said:

She barely speaks English, Baaaaaabbbbe!

I would think that the wedding is this weekend and that the getaway is code for wedding. I wonder if the tinman dress will come back? Or will it be a new one? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived