IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

Continue from here:

Last post in the previous thread: From @Chickenbutt

lol...... am going to assume you are talking about football. We are not a football kinda family. I don't think we have ever (in 34 years) watched a football game.

P.S.: Sorry, I'm still stuck on Dusty. :)

P.P.s: I changed the title from Dusty to Sonny & Cher to be even more annoying in the ear-worm department. With my apologies. Know that I suffer with you, okay?!?

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carm_88

• nst

• VelociRapture

• marmalade

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fuck is a sibling brother? As opposed to what? Is that another regional thing I'm not aware of or...?

I'm glad that it's his dad doing the premarital counseling, not JB&M 

One of my good friends at work is a 'Duggar snarker', and she and I have started saying "Baaaaaaabe" to each other as many times as is humanly possible in all of our conversations. Makes for more of a

Posted Images

justmy2cents
18 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

P.S.: Sorry, I'm still stuck on Dusty. :)

No Sonny and Cher then, that's ok.  Pretty soon it'll be time for Always and Forever...

• Upvote 1
Showtunesgirl

No, no actual date, just lots of speculation and educated guesses

• Upvote 3
allthegoodnamesrgone
2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So they're probably getting married within the next week or two, right?

Not that it is reliable but everything I've seen says they haven't picked a date or venue yet. I would think if they were doing it this weekend or next Boob would have this splashed all over the place. No way this could be done with out the press knowing. To many Famy types lurking on the edges to let this be quiet. 

• Upvote 2
season of life

Someone mentioned October because November is a bit crowded. Either that or December. No way it will go past January.

• Upvote 1
justmy2cents
22 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Not that it is reliable but everything I've seen says they haven't picked a date or venue yet. I would think if they were doing it this weekend or next Boob would have this splashed all over the place. No way this could be done with out the press knowing. To many Famy types lurking on the edges to let this be quiet. 

We know she picked out a dress in August and A few weeks ago they made a wedding planning trip.  I'd say this thing is happening any day now.

• Upvote 3
VelociRapture
5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

We know she picked out a dress in August and A few weeks ago they made a wedding planning trip.  I'd say this thing is happening any day now.

I bought my dress before we booked a venue or had a firm date - got my dress over Mother's Day weekend in 2014 and we booked our venue over a month later. So I don't think it necessarily means anything that she has the dress already - it could just mean they know what season or month they want to get married in.

But yeah. I don't see them waiting long at all regardless. I think people saying by the end of the year are likely right. Probably on the sooner than later side as you said. I don't see them having the wedding later than mid December to be honest - mostly because the Dills are returning to Sintral America at some point and I would think Jinger would want her sister there.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 3

I agree that the dress doesn't actually mean all that much in the large scheme of things, BUT it's not like these engagements are ever long, drawn out affairs. I suspect we'll be seeing a wedding pretty soon. The latest I could see would be January, but that's mostly just because December is always a busy month. I suspect more likely we'll be seeing October/November. 

Looks like it's a waiting game for now.

• Upvote 4
SunnySideUp

I haven't been following the previous threads, but if it's going to be in December, it would have to be early December, in my estimation.  Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are the last two Saturdays, so those are definitely out. Also, Mykelti Brown of Sister Wives fame is getting married on the 17th (my wedding date too...) so TLC would be spreading themselves thin filming both major events on the same day, right? That leaves 9 Saturdays between now and then...

Gillyweed
2 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

I haven't been following the previous threads, but if it's going to be in December, it would have to be early December, in my estimation.  Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are the last two Saturdays, so those are definitely out. Also, Mykelti Brown of Sister Wives fame is getting married on the 17th (my wedding date too...) so TLC would be spreading themselves thin filming both major events on the same day, right? That leaves 9 Saturdays between now and then...

What would fundies think of holiday weddings? Do they even celebrate new years eve?

In my dream world, if I ever get married, it'd be on new years eve. The wedding colors would be gold and black, the entire thing would take place in a manhattan penthouse, and it'd be a night wedding so the countdown would be during the reception. 

• Upvote 15
SunnySideUp
1 minute ago, Gillyweed said:

What would fundies think of holiday weddings? Do they even celebrate new years eve?

In my dream world, if I ever get married, it'd be on new years eve. The wedding colors would be gold and black, the entire thing would take place in a manhattan penthouse, and it'd be a night wedding so the countdown would be during the reception. 

They definitely celebrate Christmas and have a big Jesus birthday party. They've had NYE parties in the past too and they gather around to silently pray in the new year. Josh filmed it on his phone and posted it to Instagram one year.

• Upvote 3
allthegoodnamesrgone
2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I bought my dress before we booked a venue or had a firm date - got my dress over Mother's Day weekend in 2014 and we booked our venue over a month later. So I don't think it necessarily means anything that she has the dress already - it could just mean they know what season or month they want to get married in.

But yeah. I don't see them waiting long at all regardless. I think people saying by the end of the year are likely right. Probably on the sooner than later side as you said. I don't see them having the wedding later than mid December to be honest - mostly because the Dills are returning to Sintral America at some point and I would think Jinger would want her sister there.

I had my dress before my venue, or firm date as well.  I knew I wanted to do it in late Sept, I got engaged in Mid March so if we wanted to marry with in 6 months I HAD to get my dress that weekend or the following to get it on time. I picked the dress and over then next 3 weeks we got the venue, photographer, florist, pastor and all that stuff nailed down. It was a crazy 3 weeks but we got it done. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So they're probably getting married within the next week or two, right?

that's my vote 

2 hours ago, season of life said:

Someone mentioned October because November is a bit crowded. Either that or December. No way it will go past January.

do we have their calender on a spreadsheet that I could view ? :)

• Upvote 2
allthegoodnamesrgone

I don't see November being that crowded, The 1st week is out because Of J&B's anniversary and J&S birthdays but after the 5th its  over. 

• Upvote 1
VineHeart137
2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't see November being that crowded, The 1st week is out because Of J&B's anniversary and J&S birthdays but after the 5th its  over. 

I believe there's another fundie wedding in November, maybe the Duggars are attending as well? And then there's Thanksgiving.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
CharlieInCharge

Derick's brother, Dan, is getting married mid-November. That would probably be a conflict because Derick will most likely serve as Dan's Best Man and Jill is likely to be a bridesmaid in Jinger's wedding. Can't have those overlapping or back to back.

• Upvote 6
Bethella

Upcoming Fundy Weddings in November:

Elizabeth Linzey and Nathan Radfar (11/5/2016)

Dan Dillard and Deena Tougaw (11/12/2016)

Gabrielle Perez and Andrew Patton (11/17/2016) *Whitney Bates is apparently attending this wedding so maybe the Duggars will attend too? It's in Fayetteville.

• Upvote 4
samurai_sarah
10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

No Sonny and Cher then, that's ok.  Pretty soon it'll be time for Always and Forever...

Wish and you shall receive! :)

• Upvote 1
justmy2cents
1 minute ago, samurai_sarah said:

Wish and you shall receive! :)

Thank you.  Much appreciated. :)

• Upvote 2
luv2laugh

I bet they are keeping this super duper quiet like they did with Jill's wedding and we will find out once they have their pictures blasted all over People magazine with a cover page and entire spread. Bleh....:puke-huge::puke-front:     :puke-right: :puke-left:

Ka-ching $$$!

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
Carm_88
5 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I bet they are keeping this super duper quiet like they did with Jill's wedding and we will find out once they have their pictures blasted all over People magazine with a cover page and entire spread. Bleh....:puke-huge::puke-front:     :puke-right: :puke-left:

Ka-ching $$$!

I totally agree. They are keeping it quiet for a good reason but like everyone said, fundie engagements never last very long. And they are on "the fast track" don't forget about that. It's verrrry important! :) 

• Upvote 2
justmy2cents

I think they're keeping it quiet, along with Jessa's pregnancy because of criticism they've received in the past for not showing events  til months after the fact which we already saw all over social media and in magazines. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a VSE for the wedding within 2 weeks of it occurring. 

• Upvote 8
Incognito22

Forgive me if someone has already brought this up.  Do you think Jeremy knows this site exists?

• Upvote 5
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic