IGNORED

Wine, Beer and Bikinis on the newest Niednagel blog post!

kbohn23

And what a bunch of goodlooking people. It's a pity they are all so full of shit.

A common refrain in any discussion of the Niednagel-Thomas crowd!

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

A common refrain in any discussion of the Niednagel-Thomas crowd!

I haven't really followed them in the past, but I was guessing that I wasn't saying anything new! ;-)

On 10/9/2016 at 7:06 PM, DomWackTroll said:

I'm sure they do know, or most of them anyway, but the thing is, the Reformed Community has this debate, like, every damn day. Go over to the Puritan Board and search "paedo" and "credo." You'll pull up tons of stuff. So to them, the first thing that comes into their minds when they hear "paedo" is not anything perverse, but a simple theological difference. How other people use it does not trouble them. 

ETA: I just went over there to search myself and they have a whole section devoted to it, LOL...

http://www.puritanboard.com/forumdisplay.php/122-Paedo-Baptism-Answers

Lolz can we talk about how one of the topics in this forum is "should i baptize my slaves?" 

....really? how is this even a fun academic exercise for someone? 

5 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Lolz can we talk about how one of the topics in this forum is "should i baptize my slaves?" 

Well, should you??? Let's ask Doug Wilson! And perhaps Becky Morecraft could give us guidance on the delicate points of etiquette in this situation. There's no excuse for acting like anything but a proper lady, even when you're buying and selling other human beings like a racist piece of shit. Remember Proverbs Whatever:Whatever!

• 3 months later...

Every so often, I look at Jordan Niednagel's FB feed - just to get my blood pressure up. 

Well, it worked today, and how. 

Jordy writes:

I love them, and listen to them often, but my heart aches when shepherds like John Piper, Matt Chandler, and R.C. Sproul don't adhere to a literal Genesis creation or its importance.  The gospel is tainted.  If God created death and suffering millions of years ago, calling it "good," Christ's mission was self-defeating, for it makes Him the very Author of death and sin.  Rather, "sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin."  First came sin, then death.  May we never attribute death to Jesus Christ.

See, this is what happens when you confuse God's Law with God's Gospel and call it all "gospel" and tell everyone to fall in line, or else. 

How the earth came to be has *never* interested me. It's here, it needs work, let's get to it!

All the time I've accepted that "God loves us so much He [sic] offered us ultimate forgiveness thru Jesus," it's  *often* occurred to me to ask, "But why is there evil and premature, violent and unfair death?"

And I've found the only answer that works for me, in a condition of belief, is, "Why ask 'why?' Ask 'What? What can *I *do* to fight the causes or effects of evil?'"

So! When somebody like Jordan or Todd Wilken of "Issues, Etc.," tries to make belief in 6-Day Creation a requirement of being Christian, MJB want to go all Hulk on some asses!

Here's a question for them and their ilk: If God never wanted death, what was the point of life, to begin with?

Were "the heavens and the earth and all that are within them" just an infinite terrarium, a closed-system bio-thingy to be watched like an ant farm?

I once - once! - called in to Wilken's radio show  and began my comment, "Since death is part of life--" and he cut off my call immediately and he fumed that here was another example of someone who's let the lies of the world cloud her ability to perceive the truth rightly. God is the author of life, not death!, he repeated again.

Obviously I didn't call back, but his rudeness and unwillingness to hear my complete thought, got me thinking: If death was not in the original plan, where were all the generations to go, for heavenssakes, as we all were fruitful and multiplicative and inhabiting of the earth? Huh? HUH?!

And so back to Jordy, the millenials' version of Todd W.  To give you the response you doubtless expect of an innately inferior woman who is living off the fruits of the retirement plan she paid into over a long, outside-the-home career AND is wearing pants:

"Shut up for a minute and get your theology straight. 'The Gospel' is the belief that God loves us and offers full forgiveness to us.  *The Gospel* has nothing to do with The Genesis Story, except that Jesus' redemptive acts save us from our sinful acts and thoughts. (To fully draw the distinction between Law and Gospel, The Law is what God expects us to fully fulfill - worship God only, never hurt others, but simply serve others. Knowing we would never completely fulfill the law, He sent Jesus to fulfill it for us - The Gospel.)

A teacher can shrug off the topic of creation vs. evolution as long as that teacher is unwavering that Jesus saves us, and that believing in Jesus, we can live lives of service and joy. 

Belief in God's mercy gives us courage in this world and confidence about the next. Belief that the universe came about by God's word in 6 days or 6 weeks or 6 millennia has NOTHING TO DO WITH ONE'S FAITH!

....Dearest Mods: if this belongs in the Creationism topic, I'll gladly look for it there after it's been moved. I was too shocked, when I realized that my reaction to JN was essentially also to defend dipwads like Piper and Chandler, to think about the best place to post it. 

I need some Kahlua in my morning coffee. And a brisk walk around the block. Jordan, geeze!!!!!

He is making nonessentials essentials.  And that is so so irritating.  And pharisee like.  Which of course Jordan and his LARP club would say is BAD BAD EVIL.  SMH

Jordanyo and company are the ultimate pharisees.

Living their high life, flaunting their "Christian" beliefs, and instantly condemning anyone who doesn't toe their line. 

Hypocrites or whited sepulchers? Only God knows for sure.

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Living their high life, flaunting their "Christian" beliefs

It's in their "charity" that their Christian error is most obvious. They are more than willing to help someone like Kelly Crawford when a tornado hits her home, because she "deserves it" for being their kind of Christian. But a poor homeless person on the street? All their charity would do is enable him; it's far kinder to let him try to pull himself by his bootstraps! Never mind that Jesus specifically preached against this kind of "giving." 

Archived