IGNORED

Wine, Beer and Bikinis on the newest Niednagel blog post!

kbohn23

What is going on? I've noticed over the years the Niednagels and Thomases have been getting more relaxed on the rules, but the newest blog post, with pics from Micaiah and Taralyn's wedding, shows wine and beer consumption as well as the bride in a bikini top! I guess good for them.

1 hour ago, treehugger said:

Do you have a link to the blog post?

It's here: http://niednagel.com/blog.htm

Good for them for loosening up a little. Let's hope they're lossening up on hateful beliefs as well, not just on the superficial stuff.

On another note:

And another special event! William's baptism! We jokingly call ourselves "Craedos." As of now, we don't baptize our children as infants like paedos, nor do we wait till they're 12-15 to "prove themselves" like most baptists. William has expressed belief in Jesus Christ, that he is a sinner, and that he wanted to be baptized. That is the beautiful, simple gospel!

Uh, ok.

I don't follow these families and I'm sure their doctrines still suck, but that's easily the best looking wedding I've seen on FJ. Looks like it was a great time; I'm actually jealous. That table is gorgeous. Might look into these families a bit more now.

5 hours ago, JillyO said:

As of now, we don't baptize our children as infants like paedos

What on earth?  Is this a slur against Catholics?  Why would they put that on a public blog?  So hateful.

5 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I don't follow these families and I'm sure their doctrines still suck, but that's easily the best looking wedding I've seen on FJ. Looks like it was a great time; I'm actually jealous. That table is gorgeous. Might look into these families a bit more now.

That's exactly what I thought too. It's one of the most relaxed and fun looking weddings I've seen (fundie or not). Except for the baptism part, I never would've guessed fundies just by the blog entry. And it looked like lots of people were drinking. Not just a couple. All the fundies I know don't drink. So that's pretty surprising to me.

4 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Uhhh... Paedobaptism is a relihious belief.  I hope that's just an odd joke...

I think it's neither. I think he just uses "paedos" as an abbreviation for "paedobaptists" without realizing that bascially everyone elses uses "p(a)edos" as an abbreviation for "pedophiles." :bangheaddesk:

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I can't read the captions on my phone. What is that white thing in the middle of her back?

It looks like a stick on lace thing. It's kind of weird but not ugly.

I would wager that the majority of their VF friends (Seppis, Botkins, etc.) are Presbys, so it's not like they're going to get any shit for drinking from them. And Reformed Baptists-- who make up the rest of their pals-- really are different from "regular" Baptists. Many of them drink. 

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

I think it's neither. I think he just uses "paedos" as an abbreviation for "paedobaptists" without realizing that bascially everyone else uses "p(a)edos" as an abbreviation for "pedophiles."

OMG, I am simultaneously laughing and shrieking!  I'm vacillating between "he MUST know, and is doing it on purpose", and "SOTDRT???" back & forth, back & forth.   Surely no one is so sheltered that they don't know the common use of paedos??  He's a web designer, he can't claim isolation for that because he must have been online more than twice??

ETA  I mean...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+paedo%3F#

I poked around their blog and noticed that there's quite the gap between their 3rd and 4th kids. The first three seemed to happen in rapid succession and then 3.5 years between the third and fourth. 

I just always think it's interesting to see all the different fundies. Like I'm sure these fundies would be considered heathens by the Maxwells. 

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Surely no one is so sheltered that they don't know the common use of paedos?? 

I'm sure they do know, or most of them anyway, but the thing is, the Reformed Community has this debate, like, every damn day. Go over to the Puritan Board and search "paedo" and "credo." You'll pull up tons of stuff. So to them, the first thing that comes into their minds when they hear "paedo" is not anything perverse, but a simple theological difference. How other people use it does not trouble them. 

ETA: I just went over there to search myself and they have a whole section devoted to it, LOL...

http://www.puritanboard.com/forumdisplay.php/122-Paedo-Baptism-Answers

All the reformed covenant people I know drink, the local churches use wine in their communion. The men also smoke pipes and cigars. FJs favorite reformed covenant, Doug Wilson has posted several articles about drinking and the Christian. Alcohol is definitely part of the culture of the RCC.

I don't know anything about these guys though, I thought the RCC were all paedobaptists. 

The wine and beer are surprising to me, just because I don't think I've seen it in their pics before (maybe it wasn't as obvious).  But Taralyn wearing a bikini top really shocked me. 

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like a stick on lace thing. It's kind of weird but not ugly.

Maybe it's covering a tattoo?

Most evangelicals wouldn't even label RCC as paedo. Paedo is very firmly entrenched in the Reformed community as referring to those who baptize infants, credos are those who don't. Basically it's Baptist vs Presbys.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:57 AM, acheronbeach said:

Uhhh... Paedobaptism is a relihious belief.  I hope that's just an odd joke...

"Odd" is too kind a word to describe the Niednagels. Professional cons with "brain typing" and Melissa, lying that she's a couple thousand miles away from her family in Massachusetts.  Fact: Boston and Springfield MO are 1400 miles apart.  Not a day trip, but not two thousand or three thousand as she claimed. Also, when she publicized that made-up fact,  her mumsie, papa, 2 brothers and maiden twin sister had been relocated in the OK City area for several years - under 300 miles and a 4-1/2 hour drive. 

But hey, she got elected Miss 417 Magazine and rubbed shoulders with SWMissouri's wealthiest. So the end justified the means. 

PS: Laugh if you will but SWMO has some Forbes 500 types: Drury Hotels are HQ'ed there, as well as Bass Pro and of course Wal-Mart HQ, 90 minutes south. 

Arrogant poseurs, the lot of 'em.  

The terminology must be something they use in their particular branch of church. I've attended many different denominations over the years and never heard it said with that term. I would assume it's a joke for others in that same group who understand what he means. Sounds bad, though!

There are many denominations on both sides of the baby baptism vs full immersion fence. I definitely don't think it's a slam on Catholics.

2 hours ago, CloakNDagger said:

Most evangelicals wouldn't even label RCC as paedo. Paedo is very firmly entrenched in the Reformed community as referring to those who baptize infants, credos are those who don't. Basically it's Baptist vs Presbys.

When I said RCC I meant reformed covenant church, or the CREC--Communion of Reformed evangelical churches, think Doug Wilson. They are paedobaptists, they baptize their babies into the "covenant family". 

22 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

, or the CREC--Communion of Reformed evangelical churches, think Doug Wilson. They are paedobaptists, they baptize their

1 hour ago, SoybeanQueen said:

The terminology must be something they use in their particular branch of church. I've attended many different denominations over the years and never heard it said with that term. I would assume it's a joke for others in that same group who understand what he means. Sounds bad, though!

There are many denominations on both sides of the baby baptism vs full immersion fence. I definitely don't think it's a slam on Catholics.

LOL, Even in Vision Forum circles RCC would equal Roman Catholic Church as the most commonly used abbreviation. Guess I never even heard that used for Wilson's group.

1 hour ago, CloakNDagger said:

LOL, Even in Vision Forum circles RCC would equal Roman Catholic Church as the most commonly used abbreviation. Guess I never even heard that used for Wilson's group.

Yes, I thought that as I was posting, lol. I thought I had sufficiently defined it before using the acronym. Guess not. The people I know at the local church call it RCC fit reformation covenant church. The larger denomination is the CREC. 

On 10/10/2016 at 6:24 PM, CloakNDagger said:

Paedo or paedobaptist is not commonly used terminology among other denominations, though, hence my comment.

I'm not really into beach weddings, but this really looks like a great vacation! And what a bunch of goodlooking people. It's a pity they are all so full of shit.

Archived