IGNORED

For whom will the Duggars vote?

doggie

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Derrick admitted on twitter he's voting Trump/Pence. As for the other Duggars, whether Trump really cares about babies or not isn't the point. I really think they see Trump as their absolute only hope to save the unborn babies from evil HRC.

Ben retweeted this, so it seems that he, at least, is not fully on board the Trump train. Who knows whether or not they'll pull the lever for him, though.

Huckabee is a Trump supporter so they are likely to follow Huckabee's recommendation and vote for Trump. Also Tony Perkins, Josh's former FRC boss is also an avid Trump supporter so the Duggars are definitely on the Trump train.

2 hours ago, seraaa said:

Ben retweeted this, so it seems that he, at least, is not fully on board the Trump train. Who knows whether or not they'll pull the lever for him, though.

This tweet bugs me. Protestant Christians of color - blacks, Latinos, and Asians - are overwhelmingly voting for Clinton, but for whatever reason, the term evangelical only refers to white conservative evangelicals. They may have the same general theological beliefs, but white and non-white evangelicals live in separate moral universes. I don't want to conflate the concerns of different and diverse communities, but even within evangelicalism, whites are becoming a minority. 

The whole thing about not trusting Trump with their wives is also annoying, since it implies that women are property that can be carried off by the modern day equivalent of a horse theif.Women are people!

Any Christian voting Trump needs to review the Sermon on the Mount:

-Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth

-Blessed are the peace makers for they will be called the children of God

-It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Let's touch on divorce for a second. What baffles me is that divorce isn't getting nearly the same amount of hate as same-sex marriage, even though the language of adultery coincides with the commandment of "thou shalt not commit adultery". None of the commandments say "thou shalt not bump uglies with someone with similar said uglies". Yeah, somewhere says it's an abomination, but regardless, the Duggars and others in the Christian community don't seem to care about divorce. Wouldn't Trump's multiple marriages (to progressively younger, prettier women) fly in the face of "family values"? Same as Kim Davis, divorced a bunch of times, but hero for "living up to her Christian values"?

As deplorable as the Westboro Baptist Church is, some credit can (hesitantly) be given for consistency.

Would the Duggars know about all the women coming out with the details on how Trump abused them?

If they did would they care? Or blame the women themselves???

Donald Trump makes me panic and I don't even live in America.

6 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Yes, he makes me panic too. If only Trump-supporters would understand that this is not only about electing a US president, it's about choosing a powerful world leader! I'm honestly afraid we well have WWIII if he's elected. His clumsiness, stupidity and narcissism will propably lead to disaster; and not only for America. 

On 10/9/2016 at 4:33 AM, foreign fundie said:

Lastly, this response pissed me off no end:

'Naturally I’m disappointed," said Steve Scheffler, head of the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition. "But, you know, the Bible tells me that we are all sinners saved by grace and I don't think there's probably a person alive that I know of that hasn’t made some mistakes in the past." (Reuters)

Assault is a crime, not a mistake. So you want a criminal for president? Oh, and stop abusing the Bible!!!!

So basically, everything is permissible because Jebus. 

The Bible tells you, Steve Scheffler?

The flying spaghetti monster tells me you are an idiot and a crime enabler. 

Back to the Smuggards - I think they are absolutely voting Trump because of Pence and the Supreme Court nomination. 

I just left a message on my sister's FB where she has some shitty preacher saying Trump apologized and besides Hillary has done so much worse, repeating all the right wing lies.  How come fundies/white evangelicals break the Eighth (or Ninth) Commandment so easily?  What part of "Thou shalt not near false witness" do they not understand?

Just read an opinion piece by James Dobson. These guys are just u.n.b.e.l.i.e.v.a.b.l.e. Speaking as a conservative Christian who grew up with his books. 

A few examples:

We know Trump said horrible things, but Hillary surely said things just as bad behind closed door. What matters more is Trump's actual governing.

Trump wants to protect religious freedom. Hillary will stage a massive attack on Christian freedoms.

Trump is a good father (Heck what? If a woman works she is a bad mum, but a man who sleeps around and divorces multiple times is a good father? Different standards much?)

We are choosing a politician not a theologian. (So political skills matter more than theology.)

Pence is my long term friend, a great pro-life Christian, and a great leader.

We must pray Trump keeps his resolve to choose the phenominal judges on his list. If he fails, future generations will suffer. If we choose Hillary the suffering will begin right away.

And ofcourse he mentions gays, abortion, guns and tax raises.

Dobson should look over his borders. In liberal North West Europe taxes are much higher, and abortion rates much lower. Our secret is healthcare and good education for everyone. That is why taxes are high. Also we have gay marriage, no guns, and usually no legal homeschooling. Yet we do not claim a massive attack on the church. Yes, christian values are often no longer upheld by society. But that does not mean we cannot uphold them. 

Yes, European Christianity is not doing too well. But we don't blame our liberal governments. We blame ourselves. Christians choose to leave their faith. Nobody makes them.

If the American church can only exist by favourable laws, tax breaks, and political privileges, she is no longer a church. The church of Christ is strong because of the power of the Spirit and the faithfulness of her Lord. She is told not to fear the gates of hell, much less Hillary. Where is your faith, Dobson?

Trusting a highly immoral person like Trump to protect the church and Christian values seems just out of this world. And have these Trump backers ever considered how much their blindness negatively impacts Christian testimony world wide??? Even if Trump never wins, they have done so much damage to the credibility of Christians, also in countries where Christians really are under attack.

4 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Just read an opinion piece by James Dobson. These guys are just u.n.b.e.l.i.e.v.a.b.l.e. Speaking as a conservative Christian who grew up with his books. 

A few examples:

We know Trump said horrible things, but Hillary surely said things just as bad behind closed door. What matters more is Trump's actual governing.

Trump wants to protect religious freedom. Hillary will stage a massive attack on Christian freedoms.

Trump is a good father (Heck what? If a woman works she is a bad mum, but a man who sleeps around and divorces multiple times is a good father? Different standards much?)

We are choosing a politician not a theologian. (So political skills matter more than theology.)

Pence is my long term friend, a great pro-life Christian, and a great leader.

<snipped for space>

To the first bolded: I've seen this argument a few times, and it doesn't make any sense to me. To an extent I agree with the argument about separating an individual's personal life from politics (Andrea Leadsom could learn from this), but not only is Trump offensive, there is absolutely no evidence he would be remotely effective at governing the US. Now, if he'd said Clinton's bout of pneumonia had no bearing on her ability to lead the US, I'd agree, but Trump? He's vile and incompetent (I'm not sure where I read it, but he goes on about being a successful businessman when in fact he's lost money on his business ventures. I certainly wouldn't trust someone like that with my tax money).

To the second, those points are contradictory. If you're choosing a politician, Pence being a Christian is irrelevant. And, no, he is not "a great leader".

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Did anyone catch this ?

image.png

It was discussed in the Dillard thread. I may or may not have used some very colorful language to describe Hipster Jesus. :pb_lol:

Well let's see, TRUMP

1. Both pretend to be conservatives

2. Both are reality stars

3. Both are obsessed with money/rich

4. Both have sex scandals

5. Both have a lot of kids, the daughters being better looking than the sons.

Would the Duggars know about all the women coming out with the details on how Trump abused them?

If they did would they care? Or blame the women themselves???

Those women brought it on themselves by defrauding poor Trump. We know men don't have any self control, silly! Women shouldn't be out working and tempting vulnerable mens like Trump.

36 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

But Derrick Trump doesn't have policies... unless building a wall and banning Muslims are policies that he supports?

Anything to keep away the scary non-white "spiritually dead" people!

On October 16, 2016 at 11:00 AM, AreYouThereGothard? said:

-It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Let's touch on divorce for a second. What baffles me is that divorce isn't getting nearly the same amount of hate as same-sex marriage, even though the language of adultery coincides with the commandment of "thou shalt not commit adultery". None of the commandments say "thou shalt not bump uglies with someone with similar said uglies". Yeah, somewhere says it's an abomination, but regardless, the Duggars and others in the Christian community don't seem to care about divorce. Wouldn't Trump's multiple marriages (to progressively younger, prettier women) fly in the face of "family values"? Same as Kim Davis, divorced a bunch of times, but hero for "living up to her Christian values"?

As deplorable as the Westboro Baptist Church is, some credit can (hesitantly) be given for consistency.

Can you imagine how these people would react if Hillary was divorced? She would get so much shit and condemned for it, while these same people worship Trump and find excuses. She gets shit for staying with her husband after his sex scandals, but the same people giving her shit for that would condemn her for not "standing by her man" or whatever if they did divorce.

6 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Reading about your hypocrisy here on FJ, Derick?

Normally he'd be right. But this isn't a normal election cycle. So sorry Hipster Jesus - but when your candidate promotes racist, sexist, xenophobic, misogynistic, and downright ugly policies then your support DOES mean you support those things too. And people absolutely have the right to call you out for being a complete twatwaffle for it. 

ETA: Also, I hope he read here. And I hope he saw the horrible language I used to describe him. Because he deserves it fully at this point.

Fucking asshat.

7 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Reading about your hypocrisy here on FJ, Derick?

His policies are objectively terrible, though. Terrible or non-existent.

Voting for Trump doesn't = condoning his lifestyle. It just means agreeing with more of his policies than Clinton's.

I agree with this to an extent in most cases, but the issue isn't really Trump's "lifestyle," it's that he sexually assaults people, makes bigoted threats against various groups, fails to pay his workers, and has run various companies into the ground while claiming to be a financial genius.

A lifestyle just means you have different preferences about certain things. Trump is actively dangerous and admittedly abusive, and that goes way beyond preferences.

If Derick wouldn't trust him in a room alone with Jill, he shouldn't be willing to trust him with being the spokesperson for our country to the world. 

But Jill would stay under her umbrella of protection and wear clothes that don't defraud Trump, allowing Trump the ability to resist grabbing her pussy. Those other women must have been outside their umbrella of protection and therefore asking for it.

**ok, i need to go wash my hands forever to clean them of what i just typed. Vomit

On 10/25/2016 at 3:06 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Can you imagine how these people would react if Hillary was divorced? She would get so much shit and condemned for it, while these same people worship Trump and find excuses. She gets shit for staying with her husband after his sex scandals, but the same people giving her shit for that would condemn her for not "standing by her man" or whatever if they did divorce.

There was once a Facebook bumper sticker (back when that was a thing) of Hillary Clinton reading "she couldn't satisfy her husband, she can't satisfy the country". I've also seen "I'm not voting for Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife". I'm waiting for the public to pull the same shit about Anna. Actually, I'm sure she's getting it Gothard-style in the form of "being available 24/7", but all I'm hearing is "poor Anna" and "boo Josh". Maybe it's because she exemplifies societally-ascribed notions of femininity and submissiveness versus being "head bitch in charge" with typical Western masculine qualities. Regardless, Anna would be a hero for divorcing Josh, but Hillary would get villainized either way. Kinda BEC in extreme large-scale form

To clarify, I don't want Anna do be shamed for not keeping her husband happy. I just don't get why some wives are pitied more than others when their husbands are typically the ones who can't keep their pants on. I can't stand Kate Gosselin, for example, but that no means justifies Jon's cheating. Baseball, cold showers, and the decency to at least call it off first, boy and girls    

If anything, it really shows you how strong and determined Hillary is staying with her husband. 

Every relationship is different as is every case of cheating.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

What I find Ironic is the poster who asked Derrick who he was voting for has a twitter handle "none of your business"...

Archived