IGNORED

Upcoming Phillips/Sproul nuptuals

ladyamylynn

According to a post on Instagram, JT Phillips and Delaney Sproul are courting or possibly engaged! I can't find much more information, but I'm giddy with anticipation.

Whoa, that's huge! With all the controversy and turmoil surrounding their dear ol' dad, I had my doubts about the Phillips siblings possibly being able to find mates, even in their circle.

Great spotting!!

Spanky and Dougie together - The possibilities are endless. I can hardly wait!!

Also saw this one coming. Hopefully, snark material will be plentiful!

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Spanky and Dougie together - The possibilities are endless. 

fair-opponent-2.jpg

"Co-hostesses?! You mean, me and you?"   "Yeah... How 'bout it, Spanky?" 

No one with an ounce of self respect or decency would get involved with either family. They kinda' had to hook up if either wanted to actually marry. Pickings are slim when your father, who controls all you do, has disgraced himself.

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Two households, both alike in bigotry, in fair Verona where we lay our scene...

You are my hero(ine) of the day.

Question: will this wedding be a cosplay spectacular or will we have to settle for Spanky Sproul in his kilt?

The fathers are two creeps in a pod, congratulations. I'm a bit surprised Spanky hasn't remarried by now; Denise died almost exactly five years ago.

How old is Delaney? I was guessing she was barely 18, until now (based on what, I don't recall). Wasn't she born between Shannon and Erin Claire? It's been ages since I went down the Sproul rabbit hole, so I could be way off.

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Great spotting!!

Spanky and Dougie together - The possibilities are endless. I can hardly wait!!

Oh, the costumes! The pomposity! There better be a shit-ton of photos, videos, and--please, Baby Jeeebus--a live feed of the wedding. And just in time for Tool'O'Ween!

9 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Question: will this wedding be a cosplay spectacular or will we have to settle for Spanky Sproul in his kilt?

3449086.jpg

44 minutes ago, Mary C Doates said:

Oh, the costumes! The pomposity! There better be a shit-ton of photos, videos, and--please, Baby Jeeebus--a live feed of the wedding. And just in time for Tool'O'Ween!

And loads of wide stances! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

7 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Two households, both alike in bigotry, in fair Verona where we lay our scene...

HAHAHA!! That's awesome!

Between that, @halcionne's "two creeps in a pod" and @anjulibai's "Why not both?" meme, this thread is slaying me.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Curious how the new husband will support his bride and hordes of offspring to come. 

Whatever his future line of work, we know that nepotism will be a significant factor in his hiring -- JTeef currently lists himself as the digital outreach coordinator at Ligonier Industries Ministries.

http://strivingtoshowbeauty.blogspot.com/

*sigh*

Is there anyone in Dominionland who isn't a "professional photographer" these days? I just imagine them running around after each other in circles: "Let me make your special day even more special!" "But I thought I was making your special day even more special!" "But my photos will glorify God more than they glorify you." "Are you seriously saying that my photos don't glorify God?" 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

*sigh*

Is there anyone in Dominionland who isn't a "professional photographer" these days? I just imagine them running around after each other in circles: "Let me make your special day even more special!" "But I thought I was making your special day even more special!" "But my photos will glorify God more than they glorify you." "Are you seriously saying that my photos don't glorify God?" 

In some cultures, a photograph is thought to capture the subject's soul. Maybe that's the thinking - conscious or unconscious - behind the fundie photographer saturation trend.

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

*sigh*

Thank you for my FJ belly laugh of the day.

It's a classic fundy pairing: she does photography, he does computer.  

According to her blog, she's finishing RBC -- which a quick google seach stands for Reformation Bible College.  I know that RBC stands for Reformation Bible College and not red blood cell, because, well, context and the fact that R.C. Sproul, Senior  is featured on the home page because he helped pull RBC together, as an extension of Ligonier Ministries.  http://www.reformationbiblecollege.org/about/

R.C. Junior is on the faculty.  

Nothing says staying under headship like going to your grand dad's and dad's college, literally.  And yup, that's a place rife with nepotism possibilities for J.T.  He could go far with just a home school diploma.  I doubt he ever went past that, unless it was online. 

I digress: I always think of IKEA when I see the word "Ligonier" because ligon berries.  Which reminds me, I'm due for my quarterly IKEA visit.  Like childbirth, the memories of the pain of making the full circuit in an IKEA store fades with time, and one looks back fondly on the experience. 

ETA: Alert! Alert!  RBC co-eds wear skinny pants.  It's not a dresses/skirts only place. 

Even more ETA: R.C. Sproul Junior and Doug Wilson are buddies, right?  Are R.C. Junior and Senior trying to recreate Doug Wilson's Moscow empire in Florida?  A triumvirate of R.C. Jr, Doug Wilson, and Doug Phillips: Ick! 

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Are R.C. Junior and Senior trying to recreate Doug Wilson's Moscow empire in Florida?  A triumvirate of R.C. Jr, Doug Wilson, and Doug Phillips: Ick! 

Senior is already far more influential than Wilson. I doubt he loses any sleep over him. Junior, on the other hand, might feel a tad emasculated by "self-made" men like Wilson, having had everything handed to him on a silver platter. 

Archived