IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 22: More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

19 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

How long has he been there? Do we know? 

Carolyn had a stroke in July I believe. I don't know when exactly the boy was placed with the Duggars, but I would think it was likely after that. The temporary custody order was apparently dated August 31st - so I would guess sometime between July and August 31st.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really unhappy about this adoption/custodial arrangement.  Somehow I have nightmares of the Pearls...

1 - How do you take an 8 year old child who has spent his life living in the "real world" and expect him to function in Duggarville?

2 - No video games, IMMEDIATE response to an adult command, daily bible time, no teevee, no friends... 

3 - Will they beat the fuck out of him? Is there a "probationary" period where he learns which offenses result in the belt?  Will Jana be the one doing it or will boob be the father?

4 - RULES... I think prisons are less restrictive than some of their crap

5 - The touring schedule.  Will cousin oliver be coming along with them on the sideshow or does he get left at home as a second class citizen?

6 - MEDIA - Will this poor child be yet another "miracle" that wasnt aborted? WIll he be an example? Does their agreement allow him on the show?

7 -  Religion - Everything the duggars believe scream that his mother is a POS.  Ebil harlot had sex with an "unknown" daddy... out of wedlock... ebil wimmen tried to do it on her own and couldnt... so now she's a criminal.  But if JESUS... all would have been ok.  No one wants an 8 year old telling you all about how your life is fucked.

8 - Housing - Do they even have a bed in the dorm for him?  There hasnt been any movement in the boy's room... that we know about... and who wants to sleep in a room like that?

9 - Clothes - I bet he likes shorts... and at 8 may even know whats between his legs.  DONT TOUCH IT!

10 - Food - the Duggars eat crap, but they (claim) to not eat pork.  How many other rules doesnt this kid know?

11 - School - Its really hard to go from an actual education to homeskool.  Heaven forbid the poor kid wants to learn math.

All of this is a lot of upheaval in such a little life.  I'm not clear why formal adoption is in order, why cant they just be his guardian and help mom get her life together? She's not going to be locked up forever... 

I was thinking, wat if the next girl that JB and M found for one of the boy will be a Amish or a Mennonite? She could be "saved" and know the right Church. She will be even less schooled than they, goodly with servant eart and use to run a house with a lot of children.... 

Ok after this i go rest maybe is better.. :my_biggrin:

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm not sure. Dan Dillard gets married in November and I seriously doubt they'll be returning before then - especially if Jinger "Baaaaaabe" Duggar marries Jeremy after that. If they stay until the end of the year then they could use some colder weather clothes in that case. And they could just leave them in Arkansas for Spurgeon to use if he's big enough or put them into storage.

If they participate in SOS's Honduras December missioncation, they would have to return before December 2. I imagine two days earlier to get to Honduras in time. If they only do El Salvador, they don't have to leave until December 8 or 9. They hightailed it out of Danger America the day after the summer missioncations had ended. I expect they will milk their stay here for as long as possible. 

All this, of course, is with the presumption that they are still in the employ of SOS Ministries, and at this point, we really have no inkling as to their future plans. 

eta: I doubt JinJer's wedding will affect their plans. I think they will be married off by mid-October. I'm in the imaginary wedding pool for 10/15, which is about a 10 week engagement. Both of her sisters had about the same, so this is perfectly realistic, especially given Babe saying that it wouldn't be a long engagement. 

Is it normal to use strollers like that? (from the shopping pics?) After having so many kids in that family, I wonder why they don't have at least one nicer stroller?

I never used "umbrella" strollers like that, because I preferred my kids to be in a stroller with a bit better back support.  But proper ones are more bulky, so if you need to save room in the boot of the car for all of your thrift shop purchases, these ones would be perfect ;) 

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I was thinking, wat if the next girl that JB and M found for one of the boy will be a Amish or a Mennonite? She could be "saved" and know the right Church. She will be even less schooled than they, goodly with servant eart and use to run a house with a lot of children.... 

Ok after this i go rest maybe is better.. :my_biggrin:

It could happen--I read somewhere that Chuck Vuolo was involved in "saving" Amish people in his area (Lancaster, PA). :my_confused:

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'd be surprised if the Dullards went back to Central America. They'll get pregnant before and stay, if she isn't pregnant already.

Izzy is old enough to walk around and is barefoot. I know he's in a stroller now but I can imagine Jill letting him walk around those dirty floors without shoots and I know I'm being a prude but ew. 

My son is a month older than Izzy and he's often barefoot in his stroller in the summer. He takes his shoes off constantly, so I just carry them in my bag and put them on if he's going to be walking around. At his age though, I almost never have him out of the stroller while shopping unless my husband is with us; the kid is fast and he takes off like a shot.

I didn't know which thread to post this question so I picked this one. 

Do you think the Duggars will take advantage of 'Talk like a Pirate' day and all show up to Krispy Kreme dressed like pirates and all get a free dozen donuts? 

10 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I didn't know which thread to post this question so I picked this one. 

Do you think the Duggars will take advantage of 'Talk like a Pirate' day and all show up to Krispy Kreme dressed like pirates and all get a free dozen donuts? 

Arrrgh! Ye may be right matey! Today be the day for piratey good fun!

13 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Is it normal to use strollers like that? (from the shopping pics?) After having so many kids in that family, I wonder why they don't have at least one nicer stroller?

From childhood photos, I know that my parents primarily used umbrella-style strollers with me and my sister. They're a lot more portable and maneuverable than the tank-like strollers that seem to be in vogue.

13 hours ago, halcionne said:

It could happen--I read somewhere that Chuck Vuolo was involved in "saving" Amish people in his area (Lancaster, PA). :my_confused:

so in what six months? we could see a girl maybe former Amish or Mennonite perhaps saved from jeremy father made one of the boys?

I like that Jill is showing a fair amount of skin (but still perfectly modest) in the picture. She didn't feel the need to have yet another high necked layer on.

37 minutes ago, doubleT said:

How long has Anna had bangs?  Maybe that is why her face seems a bit fuller. 

Izzy has some long legs. 

If I didn't know who he was, I would've thought he was a toddler based on his size

12 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

If I didn't know who he was, I would've thought he was a toddler based on his size

He is a toddler! (anything over 1 is technically a toddler!) and he's almost 1.5

We started off with an all singing all dancing travel system and quickly realised it took up the whole carboot and we didn't have room for it in the house. By 18 months I'd got an umbrella stroller which was much easier for storing and collapsing when MiniCoveredInBees was at nursery/toddler groups.

It was so robust I even sold it on when she went to school.

We were 'gifted' a huge stroller with detachable car seat. We literally never used it because I can't lift it into our car and we live in the country so no sidewalks. The car seat is now expired and so the whole thing was a waste. I got an umbrella-style one and have used that thing everywhere. And it weighs less than 15 pounds/7kg.

17 hours ago, halcionne said:

I don't get why he would be saving them. I thought what the Amish believe is similar enough-- they get saved and everything, don't they? 

I just read about the little J'Temporary Duggar. God, no, WHY, WTF, how? They have already traumatised too many kids.

Also, am I the only one thinking about that Kid Farm episode where Engvalls had a movie night with Sun? Duggar kids trying to build a relationship with an outsider might look similar.

33 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I just read about the little J'Temporary Duggar. God, no, WHY, WTF, how? They have already traumatised too many kids.

Also, am I the only one thinking about that Kid Farm episode where Engvalls had a movie night with Sun? Duggar kids trying to build a relationship with an outsider might look similar.

Is there really no one else that can take this kid in? The Duggars are abusive loons!

"It could happen--I read somewhere that Chuck Vuolo was involved in "saving" Amish people in his area (Lancaster, PA). "

Some of the Amish kids get fed up & leave. But they are lost and find it hard to adjust to the differences in an "English" world. Pastors are good 'savers' for them. Just like we always hope someone will 'save' a Duggar.

I can't help thinking that Counting On has now become the last season of Brady Bunch....complete with cousin Oliver.

TLC....officially jumped the shark.

This was supposed to be Jill and Jessa Counting On. Now we have the parents weaseling their way back in. How soon before it's 19 kids again with a different name?

You're not fooling us TLC.

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

This was supposed to be Jill and Jessa Counting On. Now we have the parents weaseling their way back in. How soon before it's 19 kids again with a different name?

You're not fooling us TLC.

They've already renamed it to Counting On.  The only difference I see is that the younger kids aren't seen that much.  Michelle and JB have definitely made a reappearance.  I guess it would be hard to have a courting season without those 2 involved.  I cringe when I write this but I kind of miss cousin Amy.

• samurai_sarah pinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived