IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

9 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I do just want to point out that if all you read were the links shared on this thread, then one was from ABC news...and the other was from a notably anti-CPS "propaganda site", if you will. ABC's motto is See The Whole Picture and the organization is held up to at least some degree of journalistic integrity and is expected to have accurate sources

As I stated...there's some bullshit on ALL sides. I read ALL the links and found some very different stories. Therefore I came to the conclusion that there's more to the story and there's bullshit on all sides. The family shouldn't have cut and run but I can understand why they would. CPS should have worked with the family more and gotten ITS ducks in a row.

I give no one a free pass in situations like these...seen too many of them. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

As I stated...there's some bullshit on ALL sides. I read ALL the links and found some very different stories. Therefore I came to the conclusion that there's more to the story and there's bullshit on all sides. The family shouldn't have cut and run but I can understand why they would. CPS should have worked with the family more and gotten ITS ducks in a row.

I give no one a free pass in situations like these...seen too many of them. 

You've provided literally zero evidence of any "bullshit" on CPS' side. You've been told repeatedly that the family has a history of fleeing the state once CPS opens an investigation, and that they were responding to MULTIPLE complaints of kids digging in dumpsters, the exact complaints that have dogged the family previously. What could CPS have done that would have kept the kids safe and prevented the family from fleeing the state with them? Where is the "bullshit" when we're talking about multiple allegations of children starving and the family running away every time CPS tries to investigate?

2 minutes ago, alexandracabot said:

Where is the "bullshit" when we're talking about multiple allegations of children starving and the family running away every time CPS tries to investigate?

This is what I'm wondering, too, especially because the sources that allege the crockery are the family themselves, and the Medical Kidnap website. 

I get that you have your personal experience with it– and as I said in my previous post, I'm sure CPS has messed up before– but I don't think that applies to all cases and it doesn't appear to apply here. I just don't understand your side, because aside from saying that you've experienced it, you're not really explaining how you think it applies here except to say you've read two reports of the story...but one of which doesn't appear to be credible. 

I get that you're traumatized by the experience you had with CPS. That's fair. I've had my own experience with them (a relative pulled some shit when my daughter was present and that started an investigation into me). Despite the fact that I think it's a bit unfair to investigate me when all I did was not realize my fil was so unstable, it's part of the process. I did challenge them when they wanted to talk to my other child after finding nothing wrong with the way I handled the situation with my daughter (neither one of my children will ever see him again, and I told them as much). I would have let them, but the boy started stressing out about it (he's got anxiety issues) and all I did was challenge their reasoning. So far, I haven't heard back. They may have dropped it, I don't know. If they insist on talking to him, I'll let them.

The point here is that you aren't the only one who's had dealings with them. I'm even a little annoyed about the whole thing (on some level it feels like punishing the victim). The way you're arguing your point, however, tells me that when you say "there's bullshit on both sides" you're projecting your situation onto this one. CPS (or any government entity) shouldn't get a free pass, but when there's ample evidence from multiple sources it's time to give CPS the benefit of the doubt. 

57 minutes ago, alexandracabot said:

You've provided literally zero evidence of any "bullshit" on CPS' side. You've been told repeatedly that the family has a history of fleeing the state once CPS opens an investigation, and that they were responding to MULTIPLE complaints of kids digging in dumpsters, the exact complaints that have dogged the family previously. What could CPS have done that would have kept the kids safe and prevented the family from fleeing the state with them? Where is the "bullshit" when we're talking about multiple allegations of children starving and the family running away every time CPS tries to investigate?

I spotted the bullshit, and I think many others reading here have as well.  And no, I'm not talking about supposedly shady dealings on the part of CPS in this situation, but of someone so desperate to perpetuate the claim that CPS is always untrustworthy that they don't care about the facts of this case at all.

I read the article about the housing discrimination in Michigan that @dianapavelovna linked.

Warren is in Metro Detroit. Hudson is near Adrian and south of Jackson. They are 2 hours away - in light traffic and believe me Metro Detroit doesn't believe in light traffic. Hudson is in a very rural area (also close to a large contingent of the Michigan militia, but I digress).

Does dad not work? Because if he was working near Hudson (when they lived in Michigan) and couldn’t get housing there they would have gone to Adrian (20 minutes away) or Jackson (30 minutes away) for other housing- not Warren MI. Jackson has a lot of state jobs in the prisons. Warren has a HUGE Ford plant and is close to GM and Chrysler plants along with TACOM which is part of the federal government to make stuff for the military. So jobs in both areas, more in the Warren area.  Warren is primarily a post-WWII area built by the factory workers of the big 3. Hudson is in the county of Lenawee and is fairly poor. Also the town of Hudson is small, thus rentals will be hard to come by period. I did rental mgmt. for a short period of my life and if someone came to me with 8 kids, I would be leery of renting to them too because that is a lot of wear and tear on a house. Considering they picked Warren instead of Hudson makes me think that Dad didn’t have a job, another reason not to rent to them.

These anti-government people can find a conspiracy theory in the mirror.

On September 19, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Howl said:

After reading through one of the medical kidnap articles, it's seems these parents are shooting themselves in the foot (feet), but being extremely uncooperative with CPS. They are obviously coaching the kids to say absolutely nothing in interviews with CPS.  

Someone on facebook was saying the reason the kids never go to the doctor is because the parents don't allow vaccinations, and regular doctor visits are only about vaccinations, so why bother?  

Damn you @Howl !! I have so much to do today and you've thrown me down a rabbit hole!!!

Thank you for the new article @Terrie

My concerns for the family are the following. @feministxtian here are my concerns about the family. Please tell what exactly CPS should be doing differently or what EXACTLY the BS on the CPS side is:

1. The family has a history of fleeing when their children are about to be aprehended and they are given fair warning.
  2. The children have been seen in multiple cities and states digging through dumpsters for food.
  3. When the police did a welfare check, Mom lied about her name and date of birth.
  4. The family denied CPS access to the home when they wanted to do a check. Both Mother and later Father.
  5. The house smelled foul
  6. There were no beds for the children
  7. Loud screaming has been heard nightly for over a month - music has since been used to cover it up
  8. The house was littered with trash and old food
  9. They left a 22 month old at home alone, sleeping in a closet
  10. The children have expressed that they do not bathe or get clean clothes regularly.

20 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

Thank you for the new article @Terrie

My concerns for the family are the following. @feministxtian here are my concerns about the family. Please tell what exactly CPS should be doing differently or what EXACTLY the BS on the CPS side is:

1. The family has a history of fleeing when their children are about to be aprehended and they are given fair warning.
  2. The children have been seen in multiple cities and states digging through dumpsters for food.
  3. When the police did a welfare check, Mom lied about her name and date of birth.
  4. The family denied CPS access to the home when they wanted to do a check. Both Mother and later Father.
  7. Loud screaming has been heard nightly for over a month - music has since been used to cover it up
  10. The children have expressed that they do not bathe or get clean clothes regularly.

Ummm you missed the placenta floating in a birthing tub for months. Thank you @Terrie for that article. Clearly this family has more then enough opportunities to get their shit in order. This is severe child abuse. Having multiple people state the same conditions in multiple states prove this isn't a witch hunt, if anything it's an exorcism. All jokes aside, this is sickening. Before anyone wants to question cps how about reading the updated article. 

Just now, Exjw2015deed said:

Ummm you missed the placenta floating in a birthing tub for months. Thank you @Terrie for that article. Clearly this family has more then enough opportunities to get their shit in order. This is severe child abuse. Having multiple people state the same conditions in multiple states prove this isn't a witch hunt, if anything it's an exorcism. All jokes aside, this is sickening. Before anyone wants to question cps how about reading the updated article. 

I did leave the placenta and birth tub out. Mainly because I am 18 weeks along and really, really, really do not want to think about birthing tubs, placentas or anything else associated with how we get Baby Devoe out of me. :my_biggrin:

27 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

11. ...an unclean birthing pool in the master bedroom, left full of water, with a "substance" floating in the top. A drowning hazard, definitely, not to mention unsanitary and WTF. 

12. The floor littered with "scissors and steak knives". I'm sorry, maybe scissors dropped every once in a while I can get but steak knives lying around? Ok Rembises, explain. 

ETA: Whoops, I was typing as @Exjw2015deed submitted hers about the tub. Jinx! Extra grossed out about that too. 

Ah, the circus has their own Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/rembisfamily/

@Terrie Thanks for the updated article.

So I wonder if the 17 year old is at home or out of the home. The article states the 17yo is the only one not in foster care. I hope the 17yo is somewhere clean, like with a friend.

Somewhere clean, safe, and fully emancipated from these "parents". The article said that the 17yo lives in Colorado, while the family was living in Texas. They were found visiting in Colorado. Hopefully that means the 17yo is emancipated. 

3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@Terrie Thanks for the updated article.

So I wonder if the 17 year old is at home or out of the home. The article states the 17yo is the only one not in foster care. I hope the 17yo is somewhere clean, like with a friend.

Do these kids have friends? Or are the they as social isolated as the Duggars and Naugs?

I think the article said the oldest child was living out of the home - perhaps in another state (the state where they planned to run away to next?).  So all the children, except the oldest, are now in foster care, and the parents are allowed one hour per week, supervised visitation.  I really and truly hope those children are not returned to the parents, but they probably will be. 

Mom lying about her name and date of birth?  Locked refrigerator in the house?  Denying what neighbors in varying states have said about seeing children rummaging in the garbage?  She's a lying liar and probably quite a horrible person.  I'll be praying these children are not returned to the parents, and the parents face some criminal charges for their abuse and neglect.  Not sure there is a god out there who listens (and who lets awfulness like this happen to innocents), but I figure it can't hurt.

22 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

ETA: Whoops, I was typing as @Exjw2015deed submitted hers about the tub. Jinx! Extra grossed out about that too. 

No jinx there, that birthing pool deserves a thread of its own!! I cannot fathom  why they are are living in such deplorable conditions. 

Side note, my father left his first wife for mother, the situation was fucked up on his part. His ex being vindictive told the state that my father was sexually abusing his son. It was hell for a short period of time, but after psychologists and cps did their due diligence they realized his son was clearly rehearsed. The state was merily doing their job. They had to respond to the accusations. 

Never have I ever personally responded or directed a whole huge comment to anyone on freejinger, but I can't help but get frusturated with @feministxtian refusal to realize CPS is a case by case institution. Have they failed, hell yes!, but using your own experience and refusal to see how many opportunities they had to cooperate led to this situation. Here on fj we all get testy discussing certain topics, mainly from our own personal experiences. 

Many people on this thread had been nothing but polite and ask for a valid, unbiased argument on your end. 

"Let me get off here before I get nasty."

"CPS should've gotten their ducks in a row."

Every statement you stated has proven to be wrong, so clearly you did not read the resources provided. 

It is okay to be proven wrong. Trust me, I've had my ass handed to me plenty of times where I was so certain about something and was misinformed. Clearly this is emotional for you, this thread is not about CPS, it's about this ridiculous family. How about you join medical kidnap.com and express your grievances there.

18 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

Do these kids have friends? Or are the they as social isolated as the Duggars and Naugs?

I wonder that too.

@daisyd681 & @EmmieJ oops totally missed that in the article. Thanks for pointing it out.

In addition to the locked fridge, I also found it sad the kid said "mom is sleeping. mom is always sleeping." That could point to depression or denial or drugs or general laziness**. But since she said that she had to talk to her husband before letting CPS in, to me that rings of can't do anything without husband's approval. I am not giving mom a free pass if she is getting abused by dad but it may point to the "sleeping" it could be healing from abuse. Or it could be that she is a lazy no good parent. I am sure we won't find out the entire truth of all of this but the very sad thing is the kids are the ones to suffer in the entire narrative.

Evidently there are some concerns about the mental stability of the oldest child, and supposedly he has drug issues...or so says one of the most recent articles published. That may be part of the reason he's not getting custody. 

Also, their placenta encapsulation business may explain the birthing tub: http://www.itsyourplacenta.com/page2

5 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Evidently there are some concerns about the mental stability of the oldest child, and supposedly he has drug issues...or so says one of the most recent articles published. That may be part of the reason he's not getting custody. 

Also, their placenta encapsulation business may explain the birthing tub: http://www.itsyourplacenta.com/page2

NO MORE RABBIT HOLES!!! :smiley-signs054:

This cannot be real life!! 

Safely taking care of your placenta but can't properly feed or bathe their children. And also apparently had a disgusting home. 

1 minute ago, Exjw2015deed said:

NO MORE RABBIT HOLES!!! :smiley-signs054:

This cannot be real life!! 

OH it is. Complete with photos. 

Don't worry everyone, William is ServSafe certified! And so can your Placenta! 

15 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I am so not clicking on a link that says "its your placenta" nope not going there

There's definitely some crazy here.  The parents can't feed the kids, or clean up the placenta, but she has time to sew up matching sets of pajamas for all 11 kids in 1.5 days (as noted on her facebook page)?  What's extremely concerning is failure to thrive in one of the kids. Then another kid has scabies.  Then a 22-month-old is left for the weekend (is that correct?) in a house with a full birthing tub.  Here's a picture of a an inflatable birthing tub. http://www.waterbirth.org/birth-pool-in-a-box

From what I understand, if one person has scabies when you're living in close quarters, everybody has scabies. 

Someone asked about social isolation.  The mom mentioned the kids were looking forward to activities in a homeschool co-op this fall.  However, the kids will be in public school now, so lots of potential for many activities. 

29 minutes ago, Howl said:

The parents can't feed the kids, or clean up the placenta, but she has time to sew up matching sets of pajamas for all 11 kids in 1.5 days (as noted on her facebook page)?  

Hmm extreme focus on one project but neglect items that need to be done every day, yeah that isn't normal. I mean some procrastination is fairly normal but not to a point that a house is filthy and kids aren't fed. Almost like a coping mechanism or something. Focus on one project and put blinders on stuff that maybe overwhelming (cleaning a house, cooking for 13 people). Like the Naugler thread, this mom reminds me of Jeannette Walls' mom.

Another thought- I wonder if someone could do a study on mom's of large families and find some correlation. seems they come in a couple flavors - extreme organization (shupe, maxwells), baby fever (Me'chelle), extreme overwhelmed or disorganization (Naugler and Rembis). I am sure many of you could put more in a one of the categories.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived