IGNORED

Strange new find - The Peculiar Princess More Messianic Judaism

raised in rebellion

50 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You do understand we are not here to provide healing, succor and understanding for you or your relationship with your mom, correct?  I think it is pretty disingenuous to post this without a preface that this is your mom. People are posting their opinions of her unfettered and now you have shifted the conversation to something that can easily embarrass every single poster who criticized her!

It is deceptive and feels like a lie.

Any person with spare time and moderate tech know how could figure out who is posting and where they are located. If you are relying on some perceived interweb anonymity to protect you on the internet, you need to think again. And, if you are saying things you wouldn't be comfortable saying with your real name and face attached, maybe you shouldn't be saying them? I mean all of the people we discuss are real people, and having no real world knowledge of a person isn't part of the TOS

In other news, this entry has my curiosity peaked. It gives a bit of background on the relationship with "Mr B," but also describes her being asked to leave a congregation. No details on why. I'm sure there's got to be more to her disinvitation. 

kdelizabeth.blogspot.com/2016_01_01_archive.html

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only drama I've seen thus far has come from long time users, who are referencing past experiences, and putting that on me. 

Just now, raised in rebellion said:

The only drama I've seen thus far has come from long time users, who are referencing past experiences, and putting that on me. 

It's absolutely fair that they are wary. What's not fair is accusing you of things you haven't done, or being openly hostile to a virtual stranger. 

In hindsight, your first post should have been more along the lines of, "I can't believe this woman is my mother. Come look." But that wasn't what happened, and it's in the past. 

I agree that the drama didn't start with you, and frankly I don't see it as real drama, so much a a dead horse. 

I think some people are less familiar with the concept of a no-contact relationship, or estrangement than say those of us who have or currently are in no-contact relationships with immediate family. I think some people are concerned because they don't know if your relationship will change in the future, or be otherwise impacted by this thread. What they maybe haven't noticed is that Princess has been slamming her whole family online for years, and they don't have much to do with her.

That's fair, and the most sensible thing for them to do is avoid this board completely.

@raised in rebellion I agree with @HerNameIsBuffy that it wasn't a warning, and no rules have been broken. Admin are have to be feared, loved and businesslike, and I think that was the overall tone of ADMIN's response.

Now will someone please help me figure out why she was asked to leave the congregation where she met Mr B? She has over a dozen blogs and I am dying to know what kerfuffle made them say "ta."

4 minutes ago, raised in rebellion said:

I don't have a relationship with her. And if that's the case, then administration probably should have warned me when I signed up for the account with the express purpose of starting a thread, to remain anonymous. But they didn't.

The administration has plenty of warnings before you sign up.  Including the fact that they don't delete posts and that posters need to be careful about what they share.  

And that posters need to prepare to be criticized.

Y'all are the ones that need to get your fans and prayer shawls out. So sorry I waited one day. My very 1st post stated I was working on an intro.

It might have been better if you had identified yourself as your mother's daughter in your initial post, I don't know. You did post an intro after the fact that was rather snide.

Why would anyone be embarrassed to criticize her beliefs? Or anyone elses? 

I don't know.  She is (supposedly) your mother.  Say it to her face.  Hanging her out dry on FJ is - distasteful.

Do you think other fundy kids don't read here? 

Oh, we know they do.  Most of them are upset by us.  They don't often provoke and invite snark  on their parents though.  They are more likely to give us reality checks - not toss their parental units to the dogs.

I really don't understand the bees in bonnets. 

Then you are tone deaf.

If this woman is really your mother (my sympathies) I still get an enormous ick reaction to you exposing her (obviously major) issues on FJ for snark fodder.

MMV.

41 minutes ago, raised in rebellion said:

I don't have a relationship with her. And if that's the case, then administration probably should have warned me when I signed up for the account with the express purpose of starting a thread, to remain anonymous. But they didn't.

Since you didn't state up front when you signed up that your intention was to specifically talk about your mother, how on earth could we have warned you? 

5 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Since you didn't state up front when you signed up that your intention was to specifically talk about your mother, how on earth could we have warned you? 

Hell. I signed up twice, by accident. Maybe the account that got deactivated was the one with the message? When you sign up, there's a place for a note. Jeez, that explains a lot...

Look, everyone, I'm sorry. I thought admin knew, prior to even joining, that I wanted to introduce her, and I couldn't find rules...

I didn't mean 'stern warning' in a hateful way, and do think destiny is really nice, and totally helped me yesterday. 

I also didn't mean to be rude in the intro! 

Maybe I am just a horrible person? I do admit that I enjoy watching others discover and discuss her beliefs/views through a different lense. And she puts them out there for the world. This is only a tiny corner of the internets. 

Also, l think lurking for so long made me feel a false comradory, because I already knew you guys.

So, sorry for reals, for all of the confusion.

14 minutes ago, raised in rebellion said:

there's a place for a note.

We see no notes when you sign up.  We get a username and and an email.  There is no spot for a note. 

1 hour ago, RosaLuxcyborg said:

It's absolutely fair that they are wary. What's not fair is accusing you of things you haven't done, or being openly hostile to a virtual stranger. 

In hindsight, your first post should have been more along the lines of, "I can't believe this woman is my mother. Come look." But that wasn't what happened, and it's in the past. 

I agree that the drama didn't start with you, and frankly I don't see it as real drama, so much a a dead horse. 

I think some people are less familiar with the concept of a no-contact relationship, or estrangement than say those of us who have or currently are in no-contact relationships with immediate family. I think some people are concerned because they don't know if your relationship will change in the future, or be otherwise impacted by this thread. What they maybe haven't noticed is that Princess has been slamming her whole family online for years, and they don't have much to do with her.

That's fair, and the most sensible thing for them to do is avoid this board completely.

@raised in rebellion I agree with @HerNameIsBuffy that it wasn't a warning, and no rules have been broken. Admin are have to be feared, loved and businesslike, and I think that was the overall tone of ADMIN's response.

Now will someone please help me figure out why she was asked to leave the congregation where she met Mr B? She has over a dozen blogs and I am dying to know what kerfuffle made them say "ta."

Clearly definitions of drama and open hostility vary widely.  

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone here unfamiliar with the concept of estrangement, even if they've never personally experienced it.  And speaking for myself I assume adults know they are responsible for what they put on the Internet and I spend zero time worried about how what they post will affect their perosnal relationships down the road.  I do care very much about how posts affect FJ, though.

None of our threads have a prerequisite of knowledge of specific family dynamics to participate and I don't appreciate the suggestion that those without would be sensible to avoid it.  When you post publicly people will respond.  That's the point, else just write in a diary.  Wanting to control the responses by suggesting those who take issue avoid the thread hasn't been successful on FJ yet...and won't be this time.

And while not the end of the world, this is a thread in which the majority of the posts are about the posters' motivations and how the posters' feel about FJ...that's a recipe for drama.

I don't know where you got the admins need to be feared, loved, and businesslike thing but I can assure you very few fear us...even fewer love us and while we try to be businesslike with the official things we're posters who happen to be admins.  So...people.  With names and everything.  The overall tone of @Destiny 's response was friendly and helpful.  

Tbh is that's what's being seen as stern or accusatory I have to wonder how familiar you are with the tone of FJ overall.  I love the fact that people are direct here and will say what they are thinking which is exactly what happened here with everyone who has commented.

3 hours ago, lilah said:

Interesting

My impression of Messanic Judaism was the opposite. Granted most of the fundies who got into Messanic Judiasm kind of toyed with the ideas for a while and then abandoned it. I'm thinking of Candy, LIna,  AnnaMatrix (the one who thought the world was going to end every 6 months), Mountain Mama. They all seemed to really like the strict legalism of orthodox Judaism and the moral superiority of being better than other sheeple. 

ETA: found Anna's new blog and I think she's still a messanic Jew? Hmm

That was my impression of it too before this summer.

Another large demographic that surprised me was how many African-Americans there were. Apparently there are a lot of black Messianic Jews.

There were some Ethiopian people there too, and according to the man I worked with, who was Ethiopian himself, there are a lot of Ethiopian Jews who identify as Jewish and believe in Jesus.

Yeah, I'm over it! I just thought my intentions were already known. And they weren't. And that's on me, so I own it. It all makes sense now. 

If the Princess ever got comments, I'd not have started the thread. I genuinely am interested in what others think, because she's very complex! 

I did it here because we all share a common fascination with extreme, damaging religious beliefs. That IS her issue. 

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Clearly definitions of drama and open hostility vary widely.  

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone here unfamiliar with the concept of estrangement, even if they've never personally experienced it.  And speaking for myself I assume adults know they are responsible for what they put on the Internet and I spend zero time worried about how what they post will affect their perosnal relationships down the road.  I do care very much about how posts affect FJ, though.

None of our threads have a prerequisite of knowledge of specific family dynamics to participate and I don't appreciate the suggestion that it's sensible that those without would be sensible to avoid it.  When you post publicly people will respond.  That's the point, else just write in a diary.  Wanting to control the responses by suggesting those who take issue avoid the thread hasn't been successful on FJ yet...and won't be this time.

And while not the end of the world this is a thread in which the majority of the posts are about the posters motivations and how the posters feel about FJ...that's a recipe for drama. 

i don't know where you got the admins need to be feared, loved,mans businesslike thing but I can assure you very few fear us...even fewer love us and while we try to be businesslike with the official things we're posters who happen to be admins.  So...people.  With names and everything.  The overall tone of @Destiny 's response was friendly and helpful.  

Tbh is that's what's being seen as stern or accusatory I have to wonder how familiar you are with the tone of FJ overall.  I love the fact that people are direct here and will say what they are thinking which is exactly what happened here with everyone who has commented.

I concede your point re avoidance. I certainly didn't intend to come off as suggesting anyone hold their tongue, but I realize that's in deed what my prior post suggests. 

I meant no offense by the "feared and loved," merely a political philosophy joke that didn't land-. Simply suggesting, that admining can be a constant balancing act (At least that has always been my experience with admining a forum).

I had somehow thought that admin and OP were in contact and clear about the familial relationship. But I guess that wasn't the case, so I definitely realize more why this has turned into the situation it has.

Anyway, I apologize for that suggestion that people should refrain from commenting if they are uncomfortable. That isn't the spirit of the forum and it I'm still figuring out some of those nuances I suppose.

26 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Hmmm. I am getting a strange sense of déjà vu (déjà lu?!) with the writing style here. 

Is your avatar a sleepy snorlax?!

3 hours ago, raised in rebellion said:

Y'all are the ones that need to get your fans and prayer shawls out. So sorry I waited one day. My very 1st post stated I was working on an intro.

Why would anyone be embarrassed to criticize her beliefs? Or anyone elses? 

Do you think other fundy kids don't read here? 

I really don't understand the bees in bonnets. 

You should not have posted about your mom without disclosing it was your mom. Simple. Sometimes the simplest thing is the right thing.

3 hours ago, RosaLuxcyborg said:

Any person with spare time and moderate tech know how could figure out who is posting and where they are located. If you are relying on some perceived interweb anonymity to protect you on the internet, you need to think again. And, if you are saying things you wouldn't be comfortable saying with your real name and face attached, maybe you shouldn't be saying them? I mean all of the people we discuss are real people, and having no real world knowledge of a person isn't part of the TOS

In other news, this entry has my curiosity peaked. It gives a bit of background on the relationship with "Mr B," but also describes her being asked to leave a congregation. No details on why. I'm sure there's got to be more to her disinvitation. 

kdelizabeth.blogspot.com/2016_01_01_archive.html

Just so you understand, I am not talking about anything to do with internet anonymity. I am talking about the fact that the OP brought her own mom up for people to criticize and now it makes some of the people discussing her in the thread uncomfortable because that information was not disclosed. Period. I have no idea why you extrapolated I meant something different.

32 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Hmmm. I am getting a strange sense of déjà vu (déjà lu?!) with the writing style here. 

You are not the only person thinking that....

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

That was my impression of it too before this summer.

Another large demographic that surprised me was how many African-Americans there were. Apparently there are a lot of black Messianic Jews.

There were some Ethiopian people there too, and according to the man I worked with, who was Ethiopian himself, there are a lot of Ethiopian Jews who identify as Jewish and believe in Jesus.

Beta Israel!

I took a class on on diaspora Jews and I've forgotten almost everything about them except that tradition says they come from the tribe of Dan. 

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is your avatar a sleepy snorlax?!

OMG. I always thought her avatar was some weird kid with a hat on. I need new contacts....

10 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

OMG. I always thought her avatar was some weird kid with a hat on. I need new contacts....

Or if you're right I need new ones.  I think she needs to chime in and let us know which one of us needs to schedule an appt.

I think it's a Snorlax. My son asked me today if Sorlaxes were evolved penguins. Never thought I would fit this little tidbit in a thread. It was darn cute.

1 minute ago, Grimalkin said:

My son asked me today if Sorlaxes were evolved penguins.

Per FB, apparently penguins have knees inside their bodies.  The more you know....  

I really do not know if Snorlaxi have knees, or hats.

It is a snorlax. But I don't even know what a fucking snorlax is - a friend chose this for me as a forum avatar about, hmmm, 15 years ago, and I have just kept it across much of the internetz since. Bit awkward now this Pokemon Go thing is so big, because I honestly don't think I've seen a Pokemon show and certainly never played Pokemon Go in my life! 

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

Per FB, apparently penguins have knees inside their bodies.  The more you know....  

What good are knees inside your body? I assume the have spines......maybe they are modest birds. How thoughtful of them.

1 minute ago, bal maiden said:

Penguins: When Your Skin Is WholesomeWear!

You made the impossible possible! 

15 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Snorlax have horns- per my eight year old son.

8 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

What good are knees inside your body? I assume the have spines......maybe they are modest birds. How thoughtful of them.

that would be thoughtful if they weren't so defrauding in other ways.  Hide knees all they want, but nothing but scandalous elbows and shoulders the world to see...

Nike!

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

It is a snorlax. But I don't even know what a fucking snorlax is - a friend chose this for me as a forum avatar about, hmmm, 15 years ago, and I have just kept it across much of the internetz since. Bit awkward now this Pokemon Go thing is so big, because I honestly don't think I've seen a Pokemon show and certainly never played Pokemon Go in my life! 

That's okay...I play enough for all of us...but I don't have a Snorlax yet.

Archived