IGNORED

Strange new find - The Peculiar Princess More Messianic Judaism

raised in rebellion

To clarify, this woman does have Jewish ancestry, as well as native american, which does create an arguably strange mix. 

She is extraordinarily versed in scripture, and chooses to live according to her interpretations and beliefs.

That in itself is admirable. I can respect putting your money where your mouth is.

However, the way she is insistent that only her way is the right way, and that everyone else is damned...

And WRONG. And DAMNED. 

I meant to post this a while ago, and I see the topic of my children has surfaced. Jesus...I can't even tell you how desperate and awful that time in my life was. I was 182 lbs when I went into labor. I was 137 a week later. You don't know fear until your baby's very life is on the line. I only wanted her to be well. 

She did eat! And the docs DID mess up! But being torn between their advice and hers...I must be stronger, cos I'm not dead.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, raised in rebellion said:

To clarify, this woman does have Jewish ancestry, as well as native american, which does create an arguably strange mix. 

She is extraordinarily versed in scripture, and chooses to live according to her interpretations and beliefs.

That in itself is admirable. I can respect putting your money where your mouth is.

However, the way she is insistent that only her way is the right way, and that everyone else is damned...

And WRONG. And DAMNED. 

I meant to post this a while ago, and I see the topic of my children has surfaced. Jesus...I can't even tell you how desperate and awful that time in my life was. I was 182 lbs when I went into labor. I was 137 a week later. You don't know fear until your baby's very life is on the line. I only wanted her to be well. 

She did eat! And the docs DID mess up! But being torn between their advice and hers...I must be stronger, cos I'm not dead.

Wait, what? This woman is your mother? 

Shoot, girl, does no one read the intro page? Lol

Yes. She is. 

I was hesitant to say that. She will find me here (she's almost omnipresent on the internets!), and it will be another way I've betrayed her...But...quite honestly, I feel betrayed. And I'm tired of living with the pain alone. I don't want to burden loved ones with it, and they just give me different bible quotes anyway (I know it comes from love, but still...I don't wanna read it anymore!)

I've gotten so much healing and discernment, praised be his name, from the fine, upstanding ladies here, I thought it might be therapeutic to actually interact. 

I didn't technically lie. She's for sure my 1st fundy! 

You have my sympathies on feeling like your mom will never accept you (I'm there). Doesn't seem like she really accepts herself either. A 14 year self-punishment marriage is pretty extreme.

If you're 40 and she's 58 (her 10-25-15 post says she was 57) I guess she was pretty young when she had you. She claims to have "not had premarital relations" although she admits to, ah, frequent marriage. So what's the story there?

"Mr. B tells me he's here, simply because he has no other place to be, and nothing to do.  I certainly can't argue with that!  He doesn't cook, he's not into housework, and he quit his job before our first anniversary . . ."

So he does nothing? Why does she put up with that? She might feel God demands that she stay married to the guy, but even many fundies recognize separation for intolerable/abusive marriages as long as you don't divorce or commit adultery.

Well, I think it's because she is determined to make a marriage work, dammit!

They did seem genuinely into each other, from my limited perspective, until...something happened that she doesn't blog about. I'm pretty sure it rocked him, but the topic is like voldemort.

Then he got sick, and needed hospitalization. She said she felt he should rely on The Creator to cure him. He wanted a doc. And the rift seems to have grown since then. I honestly don't know their intimate details, other than there was apparent evidence early on in the marriage that things were going swimmingly. 

I'm not sure why he stays where he's clearly not wanted, with a woman who clearly feels unwanted.

As far as my birth/conception, it happened when she wasn't following The LORD, duh. She has since repented, and apparently that means I either do the same and come around to her way of thinking...or not, and perish in everlasting flames. Which she is fine with, cos 'houses will be divided'? Them's the breaks, yo. 

(I'd made a joke about soulmates here but now that I've read the third page of this thread I've decided offtopic humour is out of place here.)

18 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

(I'd made a joke about soulmates here but now that I've read the third page of this thread I've decided offtopic humour is out of place here.)

I can understand. I don't feel at all comfortable snarking here.

Hearing God tell you, via voices and visions, not to follow medical advice on how to take care of a sick infant is a sign of serious mental illness.

My theory is she uses the refusal to divorce this guy, who probably 99% of people WOULD divorce, as proof to herself when she has moments of doubt. Every human does, even delusional grandiose types. I mean, she's obviously getting SOMETHING out of the relationship, but it's not any typical/normal benefit of marriage, since it really seems like they can't stand each other and she doesn't actually need him in any survival sense.

So what's left? Proof to herself and others* that God, the one God, is really, no seriously really  her cuddle buddy bff, and she really DOES live in a world of miracles.

Abba awakens me in the night for sweet communion and prayer.  I snuggle back into my upright futon and sleep until I awake, refreshed...  One of my dogs actually does speak.

Because after all, if God hadn't told her to do it, why would she be putting up with this fool?

*Well, I didn't say other people believe her, but as long as she thinks they do she's happy.

4 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I can understand. I don't feel at all comfortable snarking here.

4 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Off topic humor is my favorite. 

When it comes to appropriate vs inappropriate, obviously my radar is broken. However, the whole situation is so strange, I'd rather laugh than cry! 

Don't get me wrong, I love the lady. I just don't understand her. 

I clearly have to look into her relationship with Mr.B.

Mostly I've been trying to figure out just how many blogs, vlogs, and sites she maintains. Here's a terrifying repost she's shared on her Medicine is Not Healthcare blog. Trigger warning for graphic descriptions  of medical procedures (that definitely don't actually happen, in the real world).

Basically, she believes that surgeons are harvesting organs from anesthetized donors, to give to other patients. Little embarrassed I am only just hearing about this practice.

medicineisnothealthcare.blogspot.com/2016/01/organ-donation.html

She doesn't think brain dead people are really dead. Wow.

They're given a paralytic because you don't need a brain for motor reflexes, only a brain stem. We all remember the anencephaly case.

@raised in rebellion, may god grant you the serenity to accept those you cannot change, the wisdom to use caller-id and the great fortune to live a couple hours away from those you cannot change. ;) 

Here's one of her many websites...I'm very concerned about Princess P's back if the cartoon version is drawn to scale...http://www.thelandofgoshen.com/kdliz.html

Also, I'm not sure how she can describe her expertise for All Experts as:

I have been divorced more than once and am now married to my soulmate. We are living the exact life we both wanted to build 30 years ago, long before we ever met. Well actually it's better than I had dared hope.

When she answers an advice letter with:

If you've been dating for five years and never met his ex-wife, "baby steps" isn't even part of the equation.  "Baby steps" would have been some event about 4 years ago when the two of you had been together for a year.  This is the situation and like it or not, you will always be second in consideration. I know, I have a husband just like this.  It works for me, because I decided to just fix his meals, do his laundry and have my own life.  We've been married over 13 years, but we clearly did not build a life together . . . and I wouldn't even consider it at this point.

If separate lives is better than you even dared hope...maybe you have low self-esteem?

21 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

My theory is she uses the refusal to divorce this guy, who probably 99% of people WOULD divorce, as proof to herself when she has moments of doubt. Every human does, even delusional grandiose types. I mean, she's obviously getting SOMETHING out of the relationship, but it's not any typical/normal benefit of marriage, since it really seems like they can't stand each other and she doesn't actually need him in any survival sense.

So what's left? Proof to herself and others* that God, the one God, is really, no seriously really  her cuddle buddy bff, and she really DOES live in a world of miracles.

Because after all, if God hadn't told her to do it, why would she be putting up with this fool?

*Well, I didn't say other people believe her, but as long as she thinks they do she's happy.

So spot on, from my perspective. It certainly seems to be the running theme.

Ugh, the puritan concept of making sweet love to the Almighty is so skeevy to me! She actually said 'sweet communion'!!! Hahaha! I can't help but think of J-rod! Maybe she could share her ideas with Lorken, so Lori can save on lube! Ken would love that, I'm sure! 

8 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

She doesn't think brain dead people are really dead. Wow.

They're given a paralytic because you don't need a brain for motor reflexes, only a brain stem. We all remember the anencephaly case.

If she wholeheartedly believes everything in that article, it would seem she thinks donors are aware of their organs being taken. Obviously they are not, and if anyone needs a quick lay-friendly explanation, here you go. Nevertheless, I will never get that horrifying imagery out of my mind.

@raised in rebellion ignore my question if I'm overstepping, but has she always been suspicious of the medical feild, or did something happen to make her feel that way?

32 minutes ago, raised in rebellion said:

Off topic humor is my favorite. 

When it comes to appropriate vs inappropriate, obviously my radar is broken. However, the whole situation is so strange, I'd rather laugh than cry! 

Don't get me wrong, I love the lady. I just don't understand her. 

Sooo let's throw her under a bus! Join FJ, she's not on their radar but they'll love to snark on her. Create a thread first thing "people come look how crazy this nutjob is! Can't believe you don't already know her. Read here and here and here, she's so nutsy!" After some days drop da bomb on another thread "oh it's just my mother, I'm tired of her craziness and I want to tell my story, meanwhile you are all welcome to snark on her." I don't feel like your mother is the craziest thing in this thread and I feel very uneasy in saying so. When the "third wall" of snark is broken (as happened very recently in the Nauglers thread) things tend to go down road pretty quickly leading to all sorts of personal nasty and petty vindictiveness. Personally I don't want any part in something of this sort. If you want to tell your story to set the record straight please do it, but I don't think that using FJ to hurt your mother's feelings with some pointed snark is a good idea (of course I cam be wrong it's just my opinion). Here we try to snark on people's ideas and dangerous beliefs not to settle personal scores nor we are a self help group.

YMMV of course.

17 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Sooo let's throw her under a bus! Join FJ, she's not on their radar but they'll love to snark on her. Create a thread first thing "people come look how crazy this nutjob is! Can't believe you don't already know her. Read here and here and here, she's so nutsy!" After some days drop da bomb on another thread "oh it's just my mother, I'm tired of her craziness and I want to tell my story, meanwhile you are all welcome to snark on her." I don't feel like your mother is the craziest thing in this thread and I feel very uneasy in saying so. When the "third wall" of snark is broken (as happened very recently in the Nauglers thread) things tend to go down road pretty quickly leading to all sorts of personal nasty and petty vindictiveness. Personally I don't want any part in something of this sort. If you want to tell your story to set the record straight please do it, but I don't think that using FJ to hurt your mother's feelings with some pointed snark is a good idea (of course I cam be wrong it's just my opinion). Here we try to snark on people's ideas and dangerous beliefs not to settle personal scores nor we are a self help group.

YMMV of course.

I don't think she's using FJ to get at her mother, I think she is using it to get an outsider's opinion of her mother's behavior and maybe a little vindication in the process. That is certainly not the same thing. 

This woman has plenty of dangerous ideas, and spends what seems to be a huge amount of her time promoting them. @raised in rebellion didn't actually direct us to any of the mother-daughter drama posts. I did. And i did it before I learned of their relationship. 

Many, perhaps most of us have personal experiences with religious extremism in our personal lives and feel a pull to this community of individuals for that very reason.

There is at least one admin in this thread and I'm sure they are more than capable of shutting things down if this thread turns into a family fight club, but as none of that has happened yet, I'm not really sure it makes any sense to worry that it will.

I'm sure like most of the internet savvy people here she will find herself, and she probably wont be happy about it, but there's no way to know whether she'll even react. 

45 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

If you want to tell your story to set the record straight please do it but I don't think that using FJ to hurt your mother's feelings is a good idea. Here we try to snark on people's ideas and dangerous beliefs not to settle personal scores nor we are a self help group.

Quoted for truth. @raised in rebellion, while we all sympathise with the way you were raised, FJ is not really the place for an airing of grievances. Our function is to focus on the flaws in fundamentalism in a snarky, funny way. We aren't really designed to provide support for people who are victims of fundamentalism, which is why we have links to organisations and groups that DO provide support.

It's one thing to want to tell your side of the story, but please keep it within the bounds of discussing your side of the story from her blog posts and so on, and don't let it devolve into a telling of "inside dirt". We tread a very fine line when it comes to having directly affected people come to FJ, and it sometimes ends up going way outside of FJ's wheelhouse, and / or becoming hurtful gossip.

None of that is to say that any of this has happened yet, but I wanted to get it out there to run off any future problems at the pass.

Welcome to FJ!

Edit: I also feel it important to remind everyone in this thread of our no deletion policy. If you (general you) post something on FJ, those words are there in perpetuity so please choose what you choose to share about yourself and your family with care.

We all deal with crap differently. At 41 I am being hit with just how abnormal my childhood was and how selfish my parents are. Sometimes I feel physically sick, sometimes incredibly angry, then guilty, disgust, resentment, fear.........

I don't want to snark, but I do want to discuss and happy to do that. I genuinely hope op does find healing, peace, and acceptance. It really sucks when you realize what you missed out on. By that, a loving relationship between parent and child.

1 minute ago, Grimalkin said:

We all deal with crap differently. At 41 I am being hit with just how abnormal my childhood was and how selfish my parents are. Sometimes I feel physically sick, sometimes incredibly angry, then guilty, disgust, resentment, fear.........

I don't want to snark, but I do want to discuss and happy to do that. I genuinely hope op does find healing, peace, and acceptance. It really sucks when you realize what you missed out on. By that, a loving relationship between parent and child.

So completely true. Even though I had a bad childhood and have nothing to do with my mother, there's still a part of me that is sad that my mother wasn't there for some of the big moments in my life. That's not to say that I want to change our current no contact policy, but there are times now and then when it hurts my heart that I won't ever have that.

I'm sorry you didn't have what every child deserves - loving parents. I'm sorry for everyone who didn't have that. It's so completely unfair. :(

On 17/09/2016 at 8:13 PM, AlwaysExcited said:

Deborah was a slave, most likely. But nurses working for employers are real evil of the world. #FundieLogic 

I wonder what Deborah she is thinking of?  Because the only Deborah in the Bible I can think of was a prophetess and a judge (ie leader/ruler) of Israel, not a nurse!

On 17/09/2016 at 8:48 PM, feministxtian said:

Is it just me or does the term  "messianic jews" seem like a real oxymoron?

not to me :) They're just people of Jewish heritage who also believe that Jesus was the Messiah promised all throughout the Torah and Prophets and Psalms. It's easy to forget in the face of white western protestantism, that the whole root of the Christian faith and all of the first believers, and indeed Jesus Himself, were all Jewish.

17 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

As far as I know, Jews for Jesus is an actual organisation of Jewish people who believe Jesus is the Messiah and who are actively sharing this belief with other Jews. I have known a few of their staff and they were nice people (although into non-vax and chiropractors). 

These people would identify not as Jewish Chtistians or Hebrew Christians, but as Messianic Jews, emphasizing their continuing identification as Jewish. 

However, a lot of Christians who feel attracted to Jewish practise have taken on this title of Messianic Jews, which of course they are not, since they are not Jewish. They are just Christians with a Jewish obsession. I know many of them too and they usually don't have it together (at all). Although some are genuinly trying to re-connect with the roots of their faith and wanting to learn more about Jewish costums to understand the scriptures. 

This. I know there are fundie Christian groups out there who love to pretend they are Jewish, or take on selected Jewish customs but do christian versions of them.  But I never realised some of them called themselves Messianic Jews, because emphatically they are not!

33 minutes ago, BobTheWalrus said:

They're just people of Jewish heritage who also believe that Jesus was the Messiah promised all throughout the Torah and Prophets and Psalms. It's easy to forget in the face of white western protestantism, that the whole root of the Christian faith and all of the first believers, and indeed Jesus Himself, were all Jewish.

My experience is that people calling themselves "Messianic Jews" are not of Jewish descent, but rather white Christians appropriating modern European Jewish practice so that they can feel closer to the people of the OT. Princess's heritage was actually something of a minor surprise to me.

That is not to say that they're aren't plenty of ethnic Jews practicing Christianity. (Several members of my mother's family).

(The great irony of course being that the OT chosen and we modern day Jews are at least as far removed from each other, as modern day Christians are from the early Christians. The trappings of the Jewish identity adopted by Messianic Jews, are often pulled from medieval Europe rather than, say 3500 BCE)

3 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Sooo let's throw her under a bus! I don't believe I did that. Join FJ, she's not on their radar but they'll love to snark on her. I sort of thought that's what FJ is all about? Create a thread first thing "people come look how crazy this nutjob is! Can't believe you don't already know her. Read here and here and here, she's so nutsy!" Those are your words, not mine. I used 'strange, far out, etc. And, I AM surprised that after 2 yrs of following Erica, J-rod, Maxwells, Loriken, the re-homing jerks, and the nauglets, that she ISN'T here! Especially how boring things have been outside of the awful sex crimes surfacing as of late. She's depressing at times, but still a sweet escape from the Willis clan and the S'morons! After some days drop da bomb on another thread "oh it's just my mother, I'm tired of her craziness and I want to tell my story, meanwhile you are all welcome to snark on her." It was ONE day. I didn't tell 'my story'. I opted to reveal myself because people were getting some things wrong - her ancestory, for example - and because I don't feel the need to hide. I don't feel like your mother is the craziest thing in this thread and I feel very uneasy in saying so. Wow. That isn't very nice...but, everyone is entitled to their opinion. When the "third wall" of snark is broken (as happened very recently in the Nauglers thread) things tend to go down road pretty quickly leading to all sorts of personal nasty and petty vindictiveness. Personally I don't want any part in something of this sort. If you want to tell your story to set the record straight please do it, but I don't think that using FJ to hurt your mother's feelings with some pointed snark is a good idea (of course I cam be wrong it's just my opinion). My mother will most likely be thrilled to be reaching more people. FJ is practically a right of passage in fundyland. This wasn't done to hurt her. And honestly, I doubt she'd ever lower herself to comment. Updates will most likely appear on her blog(s), and I'm guessing your message to me will be front and center if she sees it. Here we try to snark on people's ideas and dangerous beliefs not to settle personal scores nor we are a self help group. Well, it appears I have given y'all good material. I have no scores to settle. I'm happy in my life and beliefs. I'm sad my mom feels it's her obligation to God to write off any relationship with me, my children. But living 1200 miles away certainly helps! While I do appreciate the kind words I have recieved, I'm not looking for sympathy or genuine therapy. I'm here to snark on dangerous ideas and beliefs, too. I just didn't expect this thread to blow up, so I haven't made it over to post in my normal hang-out yet. I have to parent and work sometimes. 

YMMV of course.

There will be no familial showdown here. 

All constructive advice is noted and appreciated. Warnings will be heeded.

Archived