Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
raised in rebellion

Strange new find - The Peculiar Princess More Messianic Judaism

Recommended Posts

clueliss

I glanced at the page but I can't read that.  This discussion in reminding me of my sister who fell into Seventh Day Adventist weirdness later to switch to Messianic Judaism  The legalism with both is off the chart.  Both very tied into worshiping on Saturday - which my sister vehemently insists is the only way.  I had to endure a conversation once at my mom's where she said she thinks in the book of Roman's Paul says that we were supposed to remain Jews.  I bit my tongue while my mind screamed are we reading the same book of the Bible?  Have you really read/studied the letters of Paul? 

In short - they're all nutjobs (including my sister)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FundieFarmer
Peculiar Princess is sad. She's writes that her husband is not attracted to her and they're celibate because he doesn't like how modest she dresses ( http://thepeculiarprincess.blogspot.com/2015/11/true-confession.html?m=1) then in another post she writes that they were destined together by God and waited until marriage for sex but then shortly after the honeymoon, the husband said he's not attracted to her. But it sounds like she won't ask for a divorce (because that's a sin?) and is just sitting around hoping he'll leave her (http://thepeculiarprincess.blogspot.com/2015/11/are-you-done-talking.html?m=1). How depressing.



That IS terribly sad. Goodness gracious.

This whole situation seems a mess, even compared to other fundies. What a find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anonymousguest

Is there a difference in terms for people who are ethnic Jews who have converted to Christianity but still practice Jewish traditions vs Christians who are not Jewish in any sense but have adopted (selectedly) to follow the Torah in a religious (and usually extremely legalistic) sense? Because I know some of both, and they are very different in belief and practice, but it appears both are considered "messianic Jew".

It's interesting that the people who I know who follow the Torah are also into the whole no vax, no mainstream medical, into holistic healing, essential oils, and frankly a lot of woo-woo hippy new age stuff. I'm thinking of Above Rubies Nancy Campbell promoting life giving linen. 

It's very different than my cousin whose mother was Jewish,  to convert to Catholicism and celebrate both Passover and Easter.

Edited by Anonymousguest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl
14 hours ago, bertnee said:

How depressing.

Beyond depressing; it's horribly sad.  Can't figure out how they are surviving financially if he quit working after the first year of their marriage. 

Hoping for good therapy and a nice divorce for her.  May her decision to no longer feel shame about her body be her first step on a road to mental, physical, emotional and spiritual freedom.  

Edited by Howl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosaLuxcyborg
53 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Is there a difference in terms for people who are ethnic Jews who have converted to Christianity but still practice Jewish traditions vs Christians who are not Jewish in any sense but have adopted (selectedly) to follow the Torah in a religious (and usually extremely legalistic) sense? Because I know some of both, and they are very different in belief and practice, but it appears both are considered "messianic Jew".

It's interesting that the people who I know who follow the Torah are also into the whole no vax, no mainstream medical, into holistic healing, essential oils, and frankly a lot of woo-woo hippy new age stuff. I'm thinking of Above Rubies Nancy Campbell promoting life giving linen. 

It's very different than my cousin whose mother was Jewish,  to convert to Catholicism and celebrate both Passover and Easter.

Each self-described "messianic Jew" I have met, has been of the culturally appropriating fake Jew variety. I certainly know some Jews who are Christian, including my Grandparents and mother (until she finds another hobby religion). I think they would actually take exception to being called messianic Jews. Rather they are Christians and Sephardic Jews by ancestry.

I know that the term "Jews for Jesus," also requires some disambiguation, because it can be used by Jews who have become Christians, but also as a mild derogatory term used by non-Christian Jews  to describe those who have converted to Christianity.

However my impression is that messianic Judaism is a very non-formal religious movement. There doesn't seem to be much organization or background to it. At least that is my impression. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dandruff
2 minutes ago, RosaLuxcyborg said:

I know that the term "Jews for Jesus," also requires some disambiguation, because it can be used by Jews who have become Christians, but also as a mild derogatory term used by non-Christian Jews  to describe those who have converted to Christianity.

"Jews for Jesus", to the best of my understanding, is a title and movement intended to manipulate Jewish people into accepting Jesus and believing there's no problem within Judaism by doing so.  It is viewed with great contempt by many Jewish people who have no intention of becoming Christian by means that are violent, cajoling, misleading, or otherwise dictated from outside - or by "native" Jewish people who decided to jump ship and want to get others to reinforce their decision.  I recognize that there are Jewish people who choose to convert to Christianity though, and are happy and in no way trying to impose.

I wonder what would happen if a "Baptists for Joseph Smith" group sprang up.  Doubt that the results would be pretty.

Back on topic...I only read a few of the Peculiar posts and am baffled as to why she and her latest husband got married at all.  Sounds like things went bad immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bertnee

It was bad before it started, I think, because Princess P said she prayed for God to make her interested in the man since she wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raised in rebellion
4 hours ago, Howl said:

Beyond depressing; it's horribly sad.  Can't figure out how they are surviving financially if he quit working after the first year of their marriage. 

She is self-sufficient on her homestead. Unlike the nauglets, she did clear her land, properly cans and gardens, raises her own meat, makes and sells soap, is a naturopath - very knowledgeable in root/plant work, and sells her own essential oils. 

My phone won't load for me to link, but another blog...lol

http//:www.holyhomesteading.blogspot.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anonymousguest
34 minutes ago, bertnee said:

It was bad before it started, I think, because Princess P said she prayed for God to make her interested in the man since she wasn't.

Yeah, God told her she was to marry the guy. But neither was attracted to the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosaLuxcyborg

Yesterday I was all about following her around the blogosphere to read about her relationship with her long suffering IMO daughter. Tonight, I'm feasting on her moral panic hit parade. For example, this post which draws a line between the laid back sexual atmosphere of Greece and Rome, and our contemporary willingness to believe in gender fluidity.

Good ol' right-wing moral panic, complete with some faux-wisdom about the fate of corrupt empires.

 

futuredamage.blogspot.com/2014/04/public-bath-houses.html

18 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Yeah, God told her she was to marry the guy. But neither was attracted to the other. 

If we have learned anything from these people, it's that God is the worst freakin' matchmaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SusanAtTheLastBattle

The Princess' post on changing up her look took a weird racial turn.

http://thepeculiarprincess.blogspot.com/2016/01/updating-my-look.html?m=1

It seems that:

- Like many of the faux Jews, she headcovers.

- She is worried that her more voluminous scarves will get read as hijabs (so she's repurposing them as prayer shawls :my_rolleyes:)

- She also counts headfeathers as a head covering. This reflects her (totally genuine I'm sure!!1!) Native American heritage.

And then there was this:

Quote

As a Native American, I'm dark, yet with light eyes, which could result in the "privilege" of being racially profiled.  I believe the feathers will serve to cover my head, as well as offer the proper racial profile.  I'm not talking powwow headdress here, just a few feathers, daintily arranged on a barrette.

Who does she think dark skinned, light eyed people get profiled as? Muslims? But feathers on a barrette will get her properly ID'ed as the Native American kind of Messianic Jew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosaLuxcyborg
1 minute ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

The Princess' post on changing up her look took a weird racial turn.

http://thepeculiarprincess.blogspot.com/2016/01/updating-my-look.html?m=1

It seems that:

- Like many of the faux Jews, she headcovers.

- She is worried that her more voluminous scarves will get read as hijabs (so she's repurposing them as prayer shawls :my_rolleyes:)

- She also counts headfeathers as a head covering. This reflects her (totally genuine I'm sure!!1!) Native American heritage.

And then there was this:

Who does she think dark skinned, light eyed people get profiled as? Muslims? But feathers on a barrette will get her properly ID'ed as the Native American kind of Messianic Jew?

I literally loled when I read that one. Her identity politics (racial, ethnic, gender, sexual) captivate me. So much train wreckage. I love that she's worried about being profiled. Hijabis are the ones who have a right to be concerned about being grouped in with these loons.

I have a Fundy Facebook profile that I use to lurk in their circles. In the past month or so, I've spent a lot of time in head covering groups. As someone with Orthodox relatives, who's used to that culture, I soak in the cringe of it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dandruff
1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

Yeah, God told her she was to marry the guy. But neither was attracted to the other. 

And what's his excuse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotALoserLikeYou

I'm a little confused. This is her, because the picture and name match the websites:

http://www.allexperts.com/ep/1626-73866/Divorce-Issues/Kindred-Beisinger-penname-K.htm

and it says she's been divorced more than once and is now living with her soulmate. Is there any mention of that on her blogs (which I only skimmed)? I looked at her Facebook and again, the pics and links to blogs are the same as this thread. Also? Why is she giving legal advice lol

EDIT: ok in her answers she does say she's been married 13 years and they live separate lives. Strange she called him her soulmate. Also wow, she is online a lot.

Edited by NotALoserLikeYou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosaLuxcyborg
19 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

I'm a little confused. This is her, because the picture and name match the websites:

http://www.allexperts.com/ep/1626-73866/Divorce-Issues/Kindred-Beisinger-penname-K.htm

and it says she's been divorced more than once and is now living with her soulmate. Is there any mention of that on her blogs (which I only skimmed)? I looked at her Facebook and again, the pics and links to blogs are the same as this thread. Also? Why is she giving legal advice lol

EDIT: ok in her answers she does say she's been married 13 years and they live separate lives. Strange she called him her soulmate. Also wow, she is online a lot.

Seriously, her productivity is amazing.As a person with bipolar disorder, my mind always inclined to wonder about hypomania. If that's the case, I'm jealous, because I can never get mine to last long enough to really get anything out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anonymousguest
30 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

I'm a little confused. This is her, because the picture and name match the websites:

http://www.allexperts.com/ep/1626-73866/Divorce-Issues/Kindred-Beisinger-penname-K.htm

and it says she's been divorced more than once and is now living with her soulmate. Is there any mention of that on her blogs (which I only skimmed)? I looked at her Facebook and again, the pics and links to blogs are the same as this thread. Also? Why is she giving legal advice lol

EDIT: ok in her answers she does say she's been married 13 years and they live separate lives. Strange she called him her soulmate. Also wow, she is online a lot.

I'm still confused. On the other blog there is no mention of them ever being soul mates, our it ever being better than they could have imagined. Only that God wanted her to marry him and she found out during the honey moon he wasn't attracted to her and it's been hhorrible since. Was that old? The blog entry? Maybe the soul mate is more recent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raised in rebellion

With the exception of love in her life (heart?), she does a great job of proverbs 31ing it! 

However, isn't the point love? It's extraordinarily sad to me that she feels she has to 'stand apart(alone)' in order to love her god. It's one or the other. And then to spend years publicly alternating between lamenting her loneliness and insulting her near and dear...while all the while giving advice on interpersonal relationships! It's a total mind f***!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
foreign fundie

As far as I know, Jews for Jesus is an actual organisation of Jewish people who believe Jesus is the Messiah and who are actively sharing this belief with other Jews. I have known a few of their staff and they were nice people (although into non-vax and chiropractors). 

These people would identify not as Jewish Chtistians or Hebrew Christians, but as Messianic Jews, emphasizing their continuing identification as Jewish. 

However, a lot of Christians who feel attracted to Jewish practise have taken on this title of Messianic Jews, which of course they are not, since they are not Jewish. They are just Christians with a Jewish obsession. I know many of them too and they usually don't have it together (at all). Although some are genuinly trying to re-connect with the roots of their faith and wanting to learn more about Jewish costums to understand the scriptures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzzard

Its kind of hard to believe she's real! So much hot button krazy... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raised in rebellion
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Its kind of hard to believe she's real! So much hot button krazy... 

Oh, she's real, alright! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosaLuxcyborg
1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

As far as I know, Jews for Jesus is an actual organisation of Jewish people who believe Jesus is the Messiah and who are actively sharing this belief with other Jews. I have known a few of their staff and they were nice people (although into non-vax and chiropractors). 

 

It is. But it also winds up being used as an insulting descriptor. For instance, my Ultra-Ortho cousin uses it to describe secular/reform Jews who do Xmas during her annual year-end lamentations. Declaring other Jews to be "Jews for Jesus," is the first pillar of her War on the War on Xmas, wherein she attempts to let Christians know that they can keep their holidays.

Edited by RosaLuxcyborg
added missing word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimalkin
40 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

As far as I know, Jews for Jesus is an actual organisation of Jewish people who believe Jesus is the Messiah and who are actively sharing this belief with other Jews. I have known a few of their staff and they were nice people (although into non-vax and chiropractors). 

These people would identify not as Jewish Chtistians or Hebrew Christians, but as Messianic Jews, emphasizing their continuing identification as Jewish. 

However, a lot of Christians who feel attracted to Jewish practise have taken on this title of Messianic Jews, which of course they are not, since they are not Jewish. They are just Christians with a Jewish obsession. I know many of them too and they usually don't have it together (at all). Although some are genuinly trying to re-connect with the roots of their faith and wanting to learn more about Jewish costums to understand the scriptures. 

     I swear I saw a sign for them in a strip mall in Cocoa Beach Fl.

23 minutes ago, RosaLuxcyborg said:

It is. But it also winds up being used as an insulting descriptor. For instance my Ultra-Ortho cousin uses it to describe secular/reform Jews who do Xmas during her annual year-end lamentations. Declaring other Jews to be "Jews for Jesus," is the first pillar of her War on the War on Xmas, wherein  attempts to let Christians know that they can keep their holidays.

This makes a lot of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosaLuxcyborg
44 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:
1 hour ago, RosaLuxcyborg said:

It is. But it also winds up being used as an insulting descriptor. For instance my Ultra-Ortho cousin uses it to describe secular/reform Jews who do Xmas during her annual year-end lamentations. Declaring other Jews to be "Jews for Jesus," is the first pillar of her War on the War on Xmas, wherein  attempts to let Christians know that they can keep their holidays.

This makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, it's better to make popcorn and settle in for the ride, than it is to analyze her convictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SusanAtTheLastBattle
2 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

As far as I know, Jews for Jesus is an actual organisation of Jewish people who believe Jesus is the Messiah and who are actively sharing this belief with other Jews. I have known a few of their staff and they were nice people (although into non-vax and chiropractors). 

I saw the actual organization proselytizing at a festival today. They were handing out iced coffees with the hashtag #brewsforjesus (I kid you not.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosaLuxcyborg

Okay, this post made me freaking livid. Now I specialize in infant development and my mother is a pediatrician so, this one raised extra furious alarm bells, but really any sensible person should be aqppaled. 

creationtherapy.blogspot.com/2015/04/discernment-in-health.html

 

Basically when her grand baby came home, with special instructions to be fed by a nasogastric tube rather than orally, God told her that she new more about infant care than the attending physician.

Quote

... Three days before her release, in all the hubbub of this situation, I was heading into my office, when I saw the vision.  It was simple and quick.  On top of my three drawer file cabinet sat a huge can of baby formula with a prayer shawl draped over it.  I blinked at it was gone, but the image remains in my mind to this day.  I knew that was what was needed for my granddaughter.  I went to the fabric store, purchased linen muslin, would be receiving the formula sample from the hospital new baby kit when she came home, so I was ready!  The one thing after preparing this was hearing and knowing to offer this right before we fed her through the NG tube, when she was actually hungry.  Abba clearly told me, "She would respond and eat."

The evening she came home, her feeding was to be at 9pm, so I place about a teaspoon of powdered formula on the little cloth, tied it with a pink ribbon, and moistened it.  As her mom prepared her formula for the tube, I took that baby upstairs, began singing and rocking, and placed the little food bundle to her lips.  Within a moment, that baby was sucking on that formula filled cloth!  Sucking hard enough, we discovered she had dimples! 

Her granddaughter survived, but Dr's don't prescribe ng feedings because they get bored of seeing the lame-o breastfed kids in their offices. Absolutely appalling.

8 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

I saw the actual organization proselytizing at a festival today. They were handing out iced coffees with the hashtag #brewsforjesus (I kid you not.)

Disappointed. Apparently conversion strips them of the biting wit that is our birthright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.