IGNORED

More Info on Doug Wilson, Pedophile Enabler

bea

Bumping this thread because my daughter just shared this absolute piece of fundiegelical crap with me, and it overlaps with Dougie’s piece of shizz so much it’s appalling.

Background: The writer reviews local community theater. He reviewed two shows my daughter was in: “Barnum” (she was Jenny Lind) and “The Sound of Music” (she was Baroness Elsa). He completely omitted her from both reviews, when he literally mentioned every single member of the cast but her. It wasn’t because she sucked: she got standing O’s both times, she’s a professional vocalist, and total strangers often come up to her with compliments.

In his review of “The Sound of Music,” he included a long paragraph about what a worthwhile show it is because it reflects family values and correct thinking. I think he creeped on my daughter’s FB page and decided she’s a “bad” person because she’s pro-choice and pro-LGBT+.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hane said:

Bumping this thread because my daughter just shared this absolute piece of fundiegelical crap with me

I tried, I really did, but only got about 2 minutes into it -- Dana, DANA, the government is going to kill all Christians yada yada. WTAF was I watching. 

Is there Eve symbolism where he crams an apple into her mouth? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I tried, I really did, but only got about 2 minutes into it -- Dana, DANA, the government is going to kill all Christians yada yada. WTAF was I watching. 

Is there Eve symbolism where he crams an apple into her mouth? 

I dunno about the Eve thing, but my daughter says he has another video out there somewhere where he’s cramming bananas into girls’ mouths.

• WTF 3

• 3 weeks later...

I follow Examining Doug Wilson and Moscow, Idaho on facebook.  

So...there's a BSDM connection, because of course there is! 

Let's start with the 22 Convention: Make Women Great Again  ("This event is for biological females. Men can attend The 21 Convention and fathers can attend The Patriarch Convention™ on the same weekend at 21 Summit!")  Because God is soooooooo good, ticket prices have dropped from $1,999 to $999 and you can buy one ticket and bring a friend

This year for the 22 Conference: Make Women Great Again, there are 15 male patriarchal manly men speakers and *counts on fingers of one hand* exactly two women speakers scheduled. 

The speakers lineup includes Texas "Let's have a talk about the dom-sub lifestyle" Dom, who blogs at TexasDom.com
From the FaceBook post: Texas Dom "identifies as a Christian and is shown on the front page of the 21 Conference marketing materials.  Also featured at the 21 Conference, Dan Foster, a pastor in the CREC denomination. The CREC was created by a self-ordained patriarch in Moscow, Idaho named Doug Wilson. Wilson himself has published materials evoking BSDM culture." 

Dan Foster is sitting next to Texas Dom in the speakers lineup photo.  Another speaker is alt-right, white nationalist Stefan Molyneaux.

Now I'm wondering if this is satire or the real deal, because Very.Fine.Line. 

After the epic “Make Women Great Again” media explosion of 2020 that reached over 150 million souls around the world, and building on the epic 15 year legacy of The 21 Convention for men and fathers spanning five countries and three continents, The 22 Convention makes it grand return in our founding city of Orlando, Florida at the 15 year anniversary special event 21 Summit.

Women today are being taught to act more like men. Where has that led us? Skyrocketing rates of broken families, a documented decline in female happiness since the 1970s, endless social and dating dysfunction, and America at the #1 spot in the world for single motherhood. No longer will you have to give in to toxic bullying feminist dogma and go against your ancient, biological nature as a woman, great men and women have arrived to help #MWGA.

Join us at the 2nd annual 22 Convention to witness firsthand the epic and infamous Make Women Great Again experience. A total makeover for the feminine soul within!

A writer for the Dallas Observer had the same thought (satire or real?), but no, it seems like the real deal, because the manly men's conference has been going on for years. 

A Florida Convention of ‘Men’ Wants Women to ‘Be Great Again’ — So Let’s Look at Some Facts

I can see a conflict, though.  Before, a lot of men came to the conference sans wives, because conference for men.  What are the possibilities that at least some of those Godly men got up to some not so godly extracurricular activities in Orlando?  Now that there's a wife along...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Another speaker is alt-right, white nationalist Stefan Molyneaux.

Now I'm wondering if this is satire or the real deal, because Very.Fine.Line. 

Anything that includes Stefan Molyneaux is real bad news. He's an appalling POS.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

Anything that includes Stefan Molyneaux is real bad news. He's an appalling POS.

I'm not surprised a CREC rep is there; I think DW is too savvy to make a personal appearance.  The CREC has always been a hotbed of racist Christofascists. 

Never forget that Doug Wilson is a slavery apologist -- just google Doug Wilson + Black & Tan: A Collection of Essays and Excursions on Slavery, Culture War, and Scripture in America.  His other book, Slavery as It Was, is even more abhorrent and publication was eventually stopped due to "citation issues," otherwise known as rampant plagiarism. 

And, Who knew?, apparently all the modern social ills, like feminism and abortion, can be traced back to the ungodly way slavery was ended in the US. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

Some friends and I were just looking over the 21 and 22 conventions on Friday and I was going to come make sure they're on the FJ radar, but I saw @Howl is already on it.  

It's real.  And every word of the entire website screams "red pill incel".  Michael Foster of "It's Good to be a Man" is involved, and that's a toxic cesspit right there if anyone hasn't already dived in.  Bnonn Tennant, who co-hosts the IGTBAM podcast with Foster, was excommunicated from his church, and they handled things discretely, so he naturally went on the internet and publicly blasted them as abusive.  

A favorite ploy of the Wilson apologists is to say that "if you have a problem with them you should take it to their church first and let them deal with it" (which isn't even what the Bible says, but whatever.)  Well, Tennant's church did deal with it, and instead of acknowledging that they properly disciplined him, they're just attacking his church and excusing him.  

Yes, I've had these conversations with some of them that I'm acquainted with on facebook.  

• Upvote 9

Thanks for the deeper dive!  I'd be very curious to know how many people will fork over $$$$ for this idiocy.  The conference will be in Florida in October. 

How much do speakers make at these events?  Or is their pay related to how many gullible suckers attend the conference? 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CaseyGrace said:

apparently Dougs grandsons were arrested for vandalizing city property with anti mask and anti lockdown material 

"Enter Rory Wilson (18), valedictorian of his 2020 graduating class and a former member of Moscow’s Mayoral Youth Council."

That whole thing is a carefully constructed puff piece, but let's unpack that one little sentence. 

First, Rory was valedictorian of the Wilson-founded LOGOS School, not a public high school.  The entire school (from pre-K through high school) has an enrollment of about 350 students. 

Second, Doug Wilson's stated goal is a CREC-based take over of Moscow, Idaho (including city government) so yeah, start 'em young in getting politically involved with Moscow’s Mayoral Youth Council.

The subtext of the piece is that the CREC stance is the correct stance and whatever a male Wilson does is the right thing; a male Wilson can NEVER be wrong. This kid is obviously being prepped to continue the Wilson dynasty. 

"Rory had decided to stay close to home in Moscow on a 'pandemic gap year' taking classes at New St. Andrews College before deciding what to do next fall."

Hanging out at home taking classes at New St. Andrews (the CREC founded college) is not taking a pandemic GAP year.  It's an "I'm so enmeshed in being a very special male in the Wilson dynasty, I don't know how to go out on my own."   (New St. Andrews "college" has an enrollment of 150 students and an academic staff of 17.)

That article was written in March 2021.   Did he apply to and get accepted at a college away from home?  If so, he'd know exactly what he's doing in Fall 2021. 

My guess?   He'll never leave the comfort and prestige of being a male Wilson in the CREC bubble or even take advantage of the two major state universities right out his front door:  Univ. of Idaho in Moscow and Washington State University, a 10-minute drive away in Pullman, Washington. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Just came across this excellent tweet, which seems to apply to the CREC/Wilson take on things: 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

What a bunch of agitprop.  The Wilsons are talking about posting stickers on poles but the photo shows a sticker posted on a glass window or door and there is obvious political content. 

Also, "non-damaging stickers" do require someone to remove them

The author Wilson mouthpiece, Jesse Sumpter, is likely the son of Toby Sumpter, a CREC pastor. 

• Upvote 1

the whole case is confusing, I'm not a legal expert but a misdemeanor charge seems excessive for just stickers. makes me wonder if there is more to the story that Doug and the Kirk are leaving out. something I find interesting is this passage: "police allege that Rory was upset and had to be handcuffed on the sidewalk until he calmed down." so does that mean he was being violent? 

• Upvote 3

It came up on another thread that Doug Wilson's son is Nathan Wilson is a successful children's book author. He writes under the name N. D. Wilson and here is a list of his books. Given who his father is, I wonder what the books are like. It may not be fair to lump the son in with the father, but they live in the same town. Also he seems to be Doug's only son and so the grandsons mentioned above are his children.

• Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It came up on another thread that Doug Wilson's son is Nathan Wilson is a successful children's book author. He writes under the name N. D. Wilson and here is a list of his books. Given who his father is, I wonder what the books are like. It may not be fair to lump the son in with the father, but they live in the same town.

He's also listed as faculty on the staff page at New St Andrews College -- which I imagine means that he at least attends the CREC.

• Thank You 1

so it looks like they have raised over 20k for the legal defense fund over the sticker case. People who know more about the Kirk than me: any chance these funds are being misappropriated? I know Doug has a history of dipping into church funds. the amount they have raised and the asking amount seem excessive. https://givesendgo.com/SovietMoscow 

The GiveSendGo page notes 

"including illegal arrests made by the Moscow Police Department at a psalm sing/mask protest. The protest stickers display a hammer and sickle and read, "SOVIET MOSCOW: ENFORCED BECAUSE WE CARE."

Maybe the funds will be used for the folks arrested at the unmasked psalm singing CREC's COVID spreader event earlier this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's an ongoing twitter conversation about Joe Rigney, a Doug Wilson acolyte, who is now president of Bethlehem College & Seminary, where John Piper is a chancellor. 

These men form a toxic slurry of patriarchy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Howl said:

There's an ongoing twitter conversation about Joe Rigney, a Doug Wilson acolyte, who is now president of Bethlehem College & Seminary, where John Piper is a chancellor. 

These men form a toxic slurry of patriarchy. 

THis?

Bethlehem Baptist leaders clash over"coddling"

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Is that the one in Christianity Today? It was interesting, though very long, and the Twitter commentary around Brima's quote was something. 

I've read Calvinist philosophizing before about how slavery is no big deal because we're all under God's ownership and command, or something. These guys sound like my college classmates in the 60s getting stoned and planning life after"the revolution" while the real activists were actually out there feeding people and providing legal help. 

So wearing a mask is an intolerable attack on freedom but slavery a la Paul would be ok.....

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

So wearing a mask is an intolerable attack on freedom but slavery a la Paul would be ok.....

They always want to own slaves, they never want to be slaves (probably has something to do with empathy being a sin.)

I’ve also never seen any of the pro-Biblical-slavery Calvinists mention freeing their slaves every seventh year as laid out in Leviticus. They seem to forget that part. 

• Upvote 10

Doug Wilson is so sleazy.  Now he's made up a weak and little post about why it's okay to use fake vaccine cards.  I swear I am not making this up. 

I couldn't read the whole Blargh and Muh Blargh post because it's such bullshit.  If you want to read it, it's set up as a Web archive, so doesn't count on his web site traffic: A Biblical Defense of Fake Vaccine IDs

This is how it starts: 

It is certainly tempting to simply make the case by saying that a fake pandemic should have fake papers to accompany it, but that would be too easy, far too glib. 

Speaking of fakes, if you wade through his wordsmith-y bullshit, that's the essence of his fake argument. 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic