IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

2 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

I would not be surprised AT ALL if they have seen his "true self" before (I'm not speculating that he committed a crime against them or anything, but I highly doubt his predatory behavior began suddenly this late in life, with this child).  I'd bet anything that there's a history of general skeeviness they were aware of; his parents may be blind but siblings are harder to fool.

It wouldn't surprise me, either. Based on how badly we've seen victims be treated by pastors, parents, etc., it wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd done something inappropriate before now, his sisters knew about it, and chose to keep it to themselves because they didn't want any victims to be blamed/shamed, or for themselves to get in trouble for "bearing false witness" against him. So, rather than being outed, he was treated as a missing stair until he did something so bad that there was no going back. 

I have some suspicions about how he got caught that make me very nervous. I haven't mentioned them because it would lead to victim speculation, but I really, really hope I am wrong. 

11 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I don't think Bret will be able to actually work with Alan in his "ministry"-- Bret says he's going to a state prison, but if Alan is awaiting trial he'd still be in county, no?

They live in a pretty rural area, don't they? A lot of the rural counties where I live (NC) may only have a small jail, more like a drunk tank or two and a handful of single cells that are meant for short-term holding. not lengthy stays. The smaller county lockups will therefore send people who are likely to be in for a while to the nearest state prison or large county jail so that they can keep some space available for short-timers. Not sure if Georgia does that, though. 

I did one of my internships in the county jail. Bret would not have been allowed to work with Alan as a volunteer. The rules vary a ton, though, even from county to county. Even so, I'd be surprised if that were the case; too much opportunity for clandestine communication.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has a vinelink account you could find out where he is being persecuted. I would look but the last time i used it they refused to let me access any info from a non-US IP

It was my understanding that Alan is in a county lockup, but that the Cap'n and his buddies were going to be "ministering" to the prison population. Jumping on the Idle Speculation bus for a minute, I wonder if they want pictures drawn by children, giving their names and ages, because they hope to draw in all the other child molesters currently incarcerated, and begin building a web of protection around their own beloved incestuous child rapist, you know, the ones who don't ever get drawings from their own children because. . . . I'm sure it's a rare "short-eyes" who ever admits that he is guilty as hell. They are all wrongly accused and persecuted.

The whole idea of a prison "ministry" using children's drawing as an integral part of their outreach skeeves me to no end.  I certainly want Chester the molester holding my little grandchild's drawing of herself on a swing in the sunshine in his nasty, sweaty hands.   

This reminds me of the situation with Eric Smith in NY. When he was 13, he sodomized and murdered a 4 year old neighbor, and was sentenced to life in prison. At his parole hearings he keps saying he want to mentor young kids...yeah I just bet he does.

Most prisoners ard in jail for peoperty/drug/alcohol related crimes.  Many have kids themselves.  And there's a reason child sex offenders are kept in segregation - the average inmate views them as human garbage.  In much of North America,  the worst prison insult is "goof"; it's slang for a child molester.

If he's in county jail, I'm guessing that's more of a temporary holding. It's possible that people don't show up in the system until they are found guilty. 

6 hours ago, cami said:

worried in what way? 

Illogically, in the sense that he may be released. Illogical because his own father says he's in jail but it's very odd to me that someone who's been in jail as long as he doesn't show up.

Colquitt County Jail is an option to search on that site in the "most recent institution" drop down, as are many other county jails. 

1 hour ago, daisyd681 said:

If he's in county jail, I'm guessing that's more of a temporary holding. It's possible that people don't show up in the system until they are found guilty. 

I think this is why he does not show up in the state correctional system. It sounds like he is awaiting trial without bond. I tried to look up court records for Colquitt County to see what the status was, but it doesn't look like they are available online.  

Wish he would plead guilty and spare the victim(s) further trauma...

Alan Smith will never plead guilty.  He will maintain that he did nothing wrong for the rest of his life. His odious parents will maintain that he did nothing wrong for the rest of his life..

Alan is the golden boy, the annointed first born, the beloved oldest son, raised in the image and beliefs of Capt'n Bret.   Capt'n Bret's way is the perfect way, the one true way -- the only way. Alan's role is, and always has been. to model himself and his life on his father's life.

So Alan is perfect because Capt'n Bret is perfect.  And perfect people never do anything wrong.

I think Alan's trial strategy will be to place the blame on someone else, and probably try to vilify his poor, wife (you know the one who has never made a decision in her life).

Notice I've never said Alan didn't do anything -- just that he never did anything "wrong".  Because I truly believe that Alan and his odious parents think that whatever he did do is *not* wrong.

18 hours ago, BlackberryGirl said:

This reminds me of the situation with Eric Smith in NY. When he was 13, he sodomized and murdered a 4 year old neighbor, and was sentenced to life in prison. At his parole hearings he keps saying he want to mentor young kids...yeah I just bet he does.

I lived in the area then & remember that case. I think he told cops he was bullied by the 4-yr-old! No one believed him for a minute. People speculated that he was/is a sociopath. Very sad for the little boy's family.

1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I lived in the area then & remember that case. I think he told cops he was bullied by the 4-yr-old! No one believed him for a minute. People speculated that he was/is a sociopath. Very sad for the little boy's family.

We live in the a too.  Smith is a seriously disturbed person. I feel so bad for the Robies, who have to endure Smith's parole hearings every other year.  They will never have closure.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Alan Smith will never plead guilty.  He will maintain that he did nothing wrong for the rest of his life. His odious parents will maintain that he did nothing wrong for the rest of his life..

Alan is the golden boy, the annointed first born, the beloved oldest son, raised in the image and beliefs of Capt'n Bret.   Capt'n Bret's way is the perfect way, the one true way -- the only way. Alan's role is, and always has been. to model himself and his life on his father's life.

So Alan is perfect because Capt'n Bret is perfect.  And perfect people never do anything wrong.

I think Alan's trial strategy will be to place the blame on someone else, and probably try to vilify his poor, wife (you know the one who has never made a decision in her life).

Notice I've never said Alan didn't do anything -- just that he never did anything "wrong".  Because I truly believe that Alan and his odious parents think that whatever he did do is *not* wrong.

They are known to be 'champions' of child abusers, calling their investigations and arrests 'persecution'. Oh, look, just like the persecution of their son.

They are both very sick people who need to be persecuted with rocks. 

On 1.10.2016 at 0:42 AM, waspchick said:

Cap'n Bret has a post on his Facebook page about Alan "ministering" to other jail inmates in the midst of "persecution." Oh my.

When I first read this I couldn't decide whether I want to vomit over my laptop or wether I'd like my head to explode. Now I poured myself I drink and try to feel better again.

On 1.10.2016 at 1:02 AM, daisyd681 said:

The vindictive side of me hopes that he gets his ass kicked for that.

SAME HERE!

On 1.10.2016 at 11:33 AM, AmazonGrace said:

What on earth would possess any parents to send their child's drawings to a child rapist? 

Unfortunately I can totally see some of the Smiths FB followers who are also all over their walls and comment sections and complain about persecution would make their (grand)kids draw something for Alan.

On 1.10.2016 at 4:46 PM, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

I would not be surprised AT ALL if they have seen his "true self" before (I'm not speculating that he committed a crime against them or anything, but I highly doubt his predatory behavior began suddenly this late in life, with this child).  I'd bet anything that there's a history of general skeeviness they were aware of; his parents may be blind but siblings are harder to fool.

I have had the exact same thought before and this makes me really sad and sick.

I hope Katie and her kids get all the support they need, also out of their family by professional providers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alan has always gotten away with much more as the prized oldest son compared to his lowly sisters.  And now that they are all adults his sisters can look back on their lives and see how much their parents let him get away with and they probably see it happening yet again. That's what happens when you treat your children completely differently based on their sex alone. Good for the Smith daughters for not staying quiet and just blindly following their parents' disgusting lead.

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Alan has always gotten away with much more as the prized oldest son compared to his lowly sisters.  And now that they are all adults his sisters can look back on their lives and see how much their parents let him get away with and they probably see it happening yet again. That's what happens when you treat your children completely differently based on their sex alone. Good for the Smith daughters for not staying quiet and just blindly following their parents' disgusting lead.

It really still surprises me how boldly they spoke up against their parents. Especially Rachel. She always came across quite shy on the blog.

I am having a hard time making sense of Jacques post on the election. I am not well versed in fundie speak or verse interpretation, but I just keep coming up with a giant bin of words with no meaning. Much like the word salad Bret posted earlier.

It never fails to horrify me the way fundies can take the most basic aspects of just about everything and turn them into complicated god things. Attempting to determine what their god wants (I have an answer to save a lot of time: your god wants what you want, or you wouldn't spend so much time and energy making verses in a book match your opinions) so they don't have to take responsibility for making a decision and acting on it.

I wonder what verses they use to justify whatever Alan actually did. You know they have them and you know they're making them mean what they want them to mean. They married off all four grown kids in shows that were all about their interpretation of what those words and that book meant; what their god intended, there is no way they're dealing this without doing the same thing.

Apparently, that is exactly how they deal with everything.

The mind, it boggles.

On 10/2/2016 at 1:10 PM, waspchick said:

I think this is why he does not show up in the state correctional system. It sounds like he is awaiting trial without bond. I tried to look up court records for Colquitt County to see what the status was, but it doesn't look like they are available online.  

Wish he would plead guilty and spare the victim(s) further trauma...

Colquitt County is extremely rural and it would not shock me at all to know nothing is online.  I got a speeding ticket there a couple of years ago and just trying to pay it (by check via snail mail) was a nightmare because nothing was computerized.

Based solely on instagram photos (my only source of information right now) it seems that the Morton family is standing firmly on Katie's side. I hope that the reality matches the instagram view.  Although it may mean nothing , I'll admit I was pleased to see that Katie has been able to remove the instagram profile picture featuring her and Alan. Now her profile is just her. 

If the Smith's genuinely believe he is innocent and being persecuted then my heart breaks even more for Katie and her kids and the victims than it already has. If that's the case then I hope she packs up her kids and relocates to Paraguay with the rest of her family. She and her family don't need that level of ridiculous crazy abuse in their lives.

On October 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Mudgie said:

If the Smith's genuinely believe he is innocent and being persecuted then my heart breaks even more for Katie and her kids and the victims than it already has. If that's the case then I hope she packs up her kids and relocates to Paraguay with the rest of her family. She and her family don't need that level of ridiculous crazy abuse in their lives.

I guess the best thing about these two families being so intertwined is that even if they cut ties with Alan, Captain, and Jackie, they will have the Morton family and the three grown Smith girls to stick together. At least they still have their in laws for support.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived