Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
FundieFarmer

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

Recommended Posts

EmiGirl
19 minutes ago, waspchick said:

Cap'n Bret has a post on his Facebook page about Alan "ministering" to other jail inmates in the midst of "persecution." Oh my.

I hate it when Christians cry persecution. If he was being jailed because he's a Christian, that would be persecution.  Being jailed for allegedly  molesting/raping a child is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
Palimpsest
23 minutes ago, waspchick said:

Cap'n Bret has a post on his Facebook page about Alan "ministering" to other jail inmates in the midst of "persecution." Oh my.

Thanks.  Links are appreciated to save others time.  

So here you go:  https://www.facebook.com/bret.smith.5872

Well there is no doubt about where the "Captain" stands on Alan Smith's situation.

 Persecution!!!11eleventy!!!!!11!!

I look forward to the trial.  Or plea bargain.  And, no thanks, mon capitan.  So Alan has inspired you to start your own brand of prison "ministry"  I hope no-one makes cookies for you to take to prison.  Get with the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cleopatra7
1 hour ago, waspchick said:

Cap'n Bret has a post on his Facebook page about Alan "ministering" to other jail inmates in the midst of "persecution." Oh my.

Do the other inmates know what he's in for? Given how child rapists are considered the lowest of the low even in prison, Alan would do best to keep a low profile, rather than "ministering" and drawing attention to himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
waspchick
1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Thanks.  Links are appreciated to save others time.  

So here you go:  https://www.facebook.com/bret.smith.5872

Well there is no doubt about where the "Captain" stands on Alan Smith's situation.

 Persecution!!!11eleventy!!!!!11!!

I look forward to the trial.  Or plea bargain.  And, no thanks, mon capitan.  So Alan has inspired you to start your own brand of prison "ministry"  I hope no-one makes cookies for you to take to prison.  Get with the program.

Thanks, still learning what is ok to link to. Just appalled at the Cap'n's tone-deafness and insensitivity. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethella
1 hour ago, waspchick said:

Cap'n Bret has a post on his Facebook page about Alan "ministering" to other jail inmates in the midst of "persecution." Oh my.

I know it's not your fault but I was really tempted to downvote this. :kitty-cussing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I'm rolling my eyes so hard at captains sudden interest in prison ministry. 600 inmates are interested in participating! Shocking! Not really. When they have nothing better to do and you promise them each 6 cookies, of course they will come. I remember in my old job (worked with a lot of people who came from prison) people always joked that everyone finds Jesus in prison. It's nice if religion can give you peace while incarcerated. But I would venture to guess a lot if it is just these fundies "praying" on a vulnerable population. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
Grimalkin
1 hour ago, waspchick said:

Cap'n Bret has a post on his Facebook page about Alan "ministering" to other jail inmates in the midst of "persecution." Oh my.

      When you consider the charges Alan is facing,  the fact they asked for donations of children's artwork for their ministry creeps me out and even sickens me.

         He also mentions persecution. Ugh whatever. How about teaching about Jesus through example instead of words? 

Alan 'ministering' to his fellow inmates comes across incredibly arrogant. I think Alan needs a come to Jesus. This has not humbled him one bit. Plead guilty Alan, take your punishment, be a decent human.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Hair, Black Dress

Go down one post on the the Captn's page and check out the posting from the Crawford Household,  

I recognize the words as English, but I have Absolutely. No. Idea. What. It. Means.  The post is totally nonsensical gibberish.

Anyone know who this Crawford Household is?  Based on his post, he is a nutcase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosyDaisy

STFU Captian Brett. You son is a child molester/rapist. You and your family need to stay off of social media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikedagain?
4 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

The vindictive side of me hopes that he gets his ass kicked for that.

The vindictive side? Shoooot, even my sweet as sugar side hopes he gets his ass kicked for that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

What disgusting, vile, selfish, foolish, lying, drama queen Bret is. The man makes me want to vomit. Being accused of child rape is not persecution. Ass-hat seems to think one can cloak anything in a Christian blanket and do any damn thing they want.

I don't like to think of myself as that hateful but I would throw boulders at him if he were drowning and not regret it for a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PopRox
1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Go down one post on the the Captn's page and check out the posting from the Crawford Household,  

I recognize the words as English, but I have Absolutely. No. Idea. What. It. Means.  The post is totally nonsensical gibberish.

Anyone know who this Crawford Household is?  Based on his post, he is a nutcase

Can someone pass me the olive oil and red wine vinegar? Because I need some dressing for that word salad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VVV

What I don't understand is, if "incest" is one of the charges, wouldn't Alan's victim be related to The Captain and Mrs. Captain? So they are throwing their own hurting family member under the bus by supporting their POS oldest son.

I hope their other adult children cut them off.  They are vile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
BlackberryGirl

well, I guess getting yourself arrested for child molestation/rape and sitting in the slammer is one sure way to get "more heavily involved in prison (ministry)" sheeesh. I honestly can not believe  this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

What on earth would possess any parents to send their child's drawings to a child rapist? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cami

I have a bad feeling that his parents honestly believe that he is "innocent" :my_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace
Quote

Matthew 25:44-45 
They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you... in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

So there... even JESUS thinks you should pamper  child rapists. 

The Crawford Household post is a direct quote from Isaiah 58, the Complete Jewish Bible version. 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+58&version=CJB

it looks a mess because of the formatting, much clearer to read with the line breaks. 

Quote

“Here is the sort of fast I want —
releasing those unjustly bound,
untying the thongs of the yoke,
letting the oppressed go free,
breaking every yoke,

I can see why Bret likes it. Release the persecuted prisoners! 

 

Edited by AmazonGrace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
8 hours ago, VVV said:

What I don't understand is, if "incest" is one of the charges, wouldn't Alan's victim be related to The Captain and Mrs. Captain? So they are throwing their own hurting family member under the bus by supporting their POS oldest son.

I hope their other adult children cut them off.  They are vile.

While there is no proof I think that is exactly what happened with their daughters. None of the three comment on either his or his vile wife's FB garbage; Rachel openly dissed her mother on a couple of FB posts; Bethany had a BD party for one of her kids and no Smith was to be seen.

I hate to see families torn apart but the elder Smith's did it to themselves. They're playing victims and their daughters, who now 'belong' to their husbands, aren't in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

At the beginning of all this I predicted sides would be taken and there would be a schism in these two families (smiths/Mortons). It happens in non fundie families when sexual abuse in the family comes to light. So I'm not surprised this is happening. I'm just surprised so much of it took place on FB.

Personally I'm not really seeing it as a completely bad thing. maybe the adult smith children can see their parents for who they are and start questioning other beliefs that were drilled into their heads. Maybe they will start thinking more for themselves instead of just living the way their parents say is best. The biggest downside is the children still in the Smith home being cut off from siblings, nieces and nephews. That is unfortunate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
IntrinsicallyDisordered
11 hours ago, fundiefan said:

What disgusting, vile, selfish, foolish, lying, drama queen Bret is. The man makes me want to vomit. Being accused of child rape is not persecution. Ass-hat seems to think one can cloak anything in a Christian blanket and do any damn thing they want.

I don't like to think of myself as that hateful but I would throw boulders at him if he were drowning and not regret it for a second.

So well said!

I am heartened that it appears that Katie and the victim/s have the support and belief of many members of the family.  His repulsive parents can join him in the lake, under the boulders.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
JMO

Well, we all felt that the Smiths didn't believe Prince Alan could have done what he was accused of. I find it extremely telling that the 3 older girls immediately believed him capable and sided against him. Brett and Alan are now trying to use this as an excuse to start a prison ministry. Alan should really get his ass kicked on a regular basis in prison and cookies and crayon drawings aren't going to fix that. Poor Katie.  I have no doubt she gets/ got a lot of guilt shit thrown at her by her in laws. I can't even imagine being locked up and some pompous ass in the cell next to me is trying to convert me to Jesus when he's a child molester and then his ass hat of a dad shows up calling himself a captain in the Lord's army. STFU! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
IntrinsicallyDisordered
1 minute ago, JMO said:

Well, we all felt that the Smiths didn't believe Prince Alan could have done what he was accused of. I find it extremely telling that the 3 older girls immediately believed him capable and sided against him. Brett and Alan are now trying to use this as an excuse to start a prison ministry. Alan should really get his ass kicked on a regular basis in prison and cookies and crayon drawings aren't going to fix that. Poor Katie.  I have no doubt she gets/ got a lot of guilt shit thrown at her by her in laws. I can't even imagine being locked up and some pompous ass in the cell next to me is trying to convert me to Jesus when he's a child molester and then his ass hat of a dad shows up calling himself a captain in the Lord's army. STFU! 

I would not be surprised AT ALL if they have seen his "true self" before (I'm not speculating that he committed a crime against them or anything, but I highly doubt his predatory behavior began suddenly this late in life, with this child).  I'd bet anything that there's a history of general skeeviness they were aware of; his parents may be blind but siblings are harder to fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle

 I don't think Bret will be able to actually work with Alan in his "ministry"-- Bret says he's going to a state prison, but if Alan is awaiting trial he'd still be in county, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
Grimalkin
3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

While there is no proof I think that is exactly what happened with their daughters. None of the three comment on either his or his vile wife's FB garbage; Rachel openly dissed her mother on a couple of FB posts; Bethany had a BD party for one of her kids and no Smith was to be seen.

I hate to see families torn apart but the elder Smith's did it to themselves. They're playing victims and their daughters, who now 'belong' to their husbands, aren't in the game.

    The wives belong to their husbands, and these people, who love children so much never aknowledge the birth of their son's baby. Would those children not be under the Smith umbrella of protection? I get Katie not wanting help from them. Have the Smith's made any attempt to help out with good old fashioned unconditional Christian love? 

 

      Don't their own grandchildren deserve love and support? They are willing to minister to prisoners who have done God knows what, but flesh and blood grandchildren not even acknowledged. 

Put your own house in order Captain. Why don't you start with your own grandchildren. Even if they believe Alan innocent, they could still show love and support to their grand kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×