IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

You know it's really killing her that her picture of Katie got so many likes!

Post on July 6th:

so the very best response to a facebook post that I've ever gotten is the picture of a very pregnant daughter-in-law-lol! Methinks the world loves babies...or maybe they love my eldest son's darling wife Kate...it certainly isn't a picture of ME that pulls people outta the woodwork to "like" a fb post-lol! Is this fun or what?!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow those people are ostriches

If you stick your head in the sand, you do not see Alan raping anyone. Thus it did not happen.

Dianna Triplett Tisk tisk Miss Kathryn as it is VERY rude and shows your lack of Christian character to interject that element into a social media post that never SAID that said children were sinless. A mother will always love their son the way God loved David. I don't suppose you know about that part?

Way to move the goal posts... `No one said anything about being sinless...  to avoid raping small children is just the bare minimum I  would say, and still leaves a world of sin to be explored freely :P

If David raped a child do you reckon God would have posted on Facebook about what a great person he is?

I don't think being a Christian, or being a friend,  means what they think it means. 

Any heathen stranger who stands up for the victims is a much better friend and a Christian than those who seek to passive-aggressively put  a rapist's victims down on Facebook. 

Here is a helpful hint: if Jacqueline does not want strangers commenting on her Facebook she can change her settings so they don't even see the posts. 

Granny Scarlette must have a load of money stashed somewhere because Diana's nose is shoved so far up her @ss she can't even smell $hit anymore.

3 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

I know there is a barfing smiley somewhere, i just cannot fing it right now!

:puke-right::puke-left::puke-front::puke-huge:

I love how they are proving me right with every word.

Christians are Christians so they can judge people and feel like they are better than others.

Calling someone out because they are not acting Christian as if it is the greatest insult on the planet. All the while, behaving very unchristian like in even commenting on the situation...hypocrisy is the Christianity creed. Christianity is also the cheat sheet for life people use instead of doing the work of being a sincerely decent person.

I have had more than my share of people call me out on my (according to their rules) nonchristian behavior/words/actions/whatever, as if I am supposed to crumble to the ground in tears. In reality, the high horses just reinforce my beliefs and I typically say "of course it's not Christian behavior" because duh, I am not Christian. It usually shuts people up when I want it to.

But, how does someone who claims to be Christian battle such an accusation? They get hurt, or defensive, or it becomes a battle of who is the better/real Christian. Basically, the statement is a smoke screen for games of superiority. And always  -  always a way to deflect the topic at hand and turn it into a topic about someone's character that the perfect Christian can attack.

Apparently, Jackie not only married into such immature ways, she came from them as well. I guess it makes a lot of things make a lot more sense.

I think if someone told me I was being unchristian for calling out that kind of behavior I'd just point out that if that behavior is what they call Christian then we have very different definitions of the term. Being raised athiest probably takes the sting out of the accusation, even though I am Christian now.

Every single time one of those classy and delightful ladies (are you laughing yet?) uses the word "Christian" I immediately envision Mandy Patinkin from the glorious film The Princess Bride when he says:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

11 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

I know there is a barfing smiley somewhere, i just cannot fing it right now!

Does this help?

barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Wow those people are ostriches

If you stick your head in the sand, you do not see Alan raping anyone. Thus it did not happen.

I am thinking that Jackie really does not believe there is any validity to the charges against her son.  After all, he was raised correctly by Jackie and the Cap'n. They did it all right. The charges simply are not true. Therefore, there is no reason not to post kindly about him on FB. Probably Grandma and Aunt Whomever feel the same.

I'm not sure what level of denial this requires, but this head sticking probably needs more than sand. Cement, maybe, or asphalt.

I thought these fundies thought we are inherently bad and that we are a step from sin at every turn... So the fact they are not talking about building Satan's fortress in hearts like the Duggars and instead just want to believe it can't be true... I don't know what's worse. 

21 hours ago, Letgo said:

I'm not sure what level of denial this requires, but this head sticking probably needs more than sand. Cement, maybe, or asphalt.

Or something that is actually an anatomical impossibility.

On September 13, 2016 at 10:54 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Way to move the goal posts... `No one said anything about being sinless...  to avoid raping small children is just the bare minimum I  would say, and still leaves a world of sin to be explored freely :P

If David raped a child do you reckon God would have posted on Facebook about what a great person he is?

I don't think being a Christian, or being a friend,  means what they think it means. 

Any heathen stranger who stands up for the victims is a much better friend and a Christian than those who seek to passive-aggressively put  a rapist's victims down on Facebook. 

Here is a helpful hint: if Jacqueline does not want strangers commenting on her Facebook she can change her settings so they don't even see the posts. 

I love this comment about moving the goalposts.  I had a long day, and was staring at the thing in puzzlement

then read your soundbite

yup!

thats it!

moved the goalposts!

On 9/11/2016 at 7:21 AM, fundiefan said:

She can love and support her son without making shit up, living in denial, lying and alienating others.

If she truly cared about his soul/salvation/whatever, she would want him in a safe place where he cannot harm anyone and get help. 

But, that would mean admitting he did something wrong. And, she can't/won't do that.

I watched an interview once with a man who's son raped and murdered a woman. His response was to tell his son he needed to make things as right as he could. He needed to confess and plead guilty to spare the family. He needed to tell the police where the body was for the family. He needed to to take the punishment handed down and not plead for mercy. This dad really pressured his son to do these things and said he would stand by his son through the whole ordeal but only if he took complete responsibility for his actions. The son listened to his father and the family was spared a great deal of additional suffering because of it. The man said he loved his son so much he couldn't excuse his actions because doing so would only hurt his child be the other family more.

That is what supporting some one you love looks like when they have done something unspeakable.

On 9/12/2016 at 1:13 PM, Khan said:

"Dragging the kitty." I was already disgusted by this woman. Defending someone who harms children is despicable. Now she's victim blaming her kitty? I want to remove her pets AND her grandkids from her life.  

I need to go snuggle my kittens. Who are immediately picked up if distressed.  

Do these asshats read here?  I hope so.  What HORRIBLE people.  They make me sick, the entire bunch.  I've never wanted to forcefully put my foot up someones ass so bad in my life.  Stupid woman.  Stupid people. 

Seeing family members publicly take a stand for Katie while clearly acknowledging that what Alan did was horrific and wrong has been truly uplifting for me. I have a tiny bit of renewed faith in humanity. I just hope this doesn't set off a giant round of shunning. Vile Alan has inserted a humongous crack into the foundation of these families and it would be a shame to see it widen even further.

16 minutes ago, waspchick said:

Cap'n Bret has a post on his Facebook page about Alan "ministering" to other jail inmates in the midst of "persecution." Oh my.

:my_angry::Grrrrr::my_angry:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived