IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

I have no idea what's going on but I walked in to a rousing cat fight complete with screen caps. If you don't know what's happening either, you should go check it out. Carrying on from here! 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLDR; Bret Alan Smith is accused of raping a child, and now his mother's cronies are saying everyone who thinks he did it and should rot in jail for it it are twisting the Bible and don't know Jesus.  They're also unpatriotic because in America you're innocent until proven guilty, and disrespectful of their mothers  because if your mother defends a  disgusting criminal asshole she gave birth to you should just shut up and go along with it. It's okay for mother's cronies to bitchslap people on Facebook but if someone disagrees they get a sermon for rebuking people on Facebook because no one  should  use social media to speak any sense.

Leslie & Lisa are going at it like kids in a schoolyard, throwing bible verses and interpretations at each other like rocks. Rachel Morton is showing she's got quite a set of balls and it's making my day. Now someone named Denise is coming in and throwing down Leslie & Lisa together.

All the while, Jackie Smith is hanging back, letting others fight her battles and say her words, but deleting comments that hit too close to home - like those of her daughter.

It's Fundie anarchy and it is glorious.

This drama makes me wonder what really goes on at the TTH behind closed doors, especially with regard to the various Joshgates. I don't believe for a minute that everyone was united into a single, forgiving front, except to save their boring TV show/gravy train. Abuse fundamentally changes the dynamics of a family. Even in a family where everyone agrees to support the victim(s), things won't be able to go back to the way they were before. Fundie families believe they are objectively better than others, which means that when abuse happens, they have ideological reasons to hide it, so they can continue being public scolds to the rest of us.

I am so, SO impressed by Rachel Morton, because this must be so hard for her - she is respecting the privacy of the victims/not getting into things that haven't come to trial yet, she's classy, she's refusing to be cowed... 

And "I'm sorry you are so confused by what I said", and telling people them that if her mum wants her to stop, she can ask?  I love that.  

I'm not into watching people fight, but I love seeing Rachel stand up for what's right.

Adeline has noticed too, and has said so. 

I've run out of absurd, ugly ways to describe Jackie Smith and her husband - and her minions. 

No matter what happens on Facebook, the facts haven't and won't change. 

Her son is accused. Her family disagrees on the situation. At least one of her daughters is not staying silent about their differences. 

Basically, the Captain's world is crumbling and even Jackie can't stop it with Facebook games and manipulations. 

It's sad that the family is torn apart, but it's not those who disagree who are doing the tearing. It was torn when the oldest son was accused of a crime with enough evidence to be arrested. Alan Jr. caused the rip, and Jackie & Bret are clearly more interested in tearing it in two than anything else. 

Families go through trauma and have differing opinions and shit happens and words are said and some end up not ever talking again. It's all personal and crazy in any family; in the Smith family, it's amplified and uglier than most others because of their belief in their own personal perfection.  At least with the elder Smiths. 

They will ultimately be the ones suffering their own ignorance but will, of course, blame it on all others. 

Did anyone happen to get the rest of it before it was scrubbed? There was mention of a third person jumping in, but it's apparently all gone now.

17 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

Did anyone happen to get the rest of it before it was scrubbed? There was mention of a third person jumping in, but it's apparently all gone now.

Everything is still showing up for me on her post.

All I can say is  crazy!!!!

I leave this thread for a couple of hours and That Botch Lisa goes nuts. I love the fundie passive aggressive and out right aggressive throw down. It's also got elements of a rap battle with bible verses. When I saw that we are onto a whole other thread I was certain that Lisa, Jacqui, or the Capt himself must have show up to FJ. Dang it!

This was from the thread Jacqui wrote about how wonderful her mother is. I believe this is her SIL. Deanna also liked Lisa's comments.

Screenshot_2016-09-09-21-09-34.png

From the other thread. The latest few comments.

Screenshot_2016-09-09-21-08-38.png

6 minutes ago, JMO said:

I leave this thread for a couple of hours and That Botch Lisa goes nuts. I love the fundie passive aggressive and out right aggressive throw down. It's also got elements of a rap battle with bible verses. When I saw that we are onto a whole other thread I was certain that Lisa, Jacqui, or the Capt himself must have show up to FJ. Dang it!

Jackie gets her lackeys to do her dirty work. She contributes nothing to her own post. 

I wouldn't mind a halftime show with the captain distracting us with another dance ensemble. He needs a leotard.

What do we make of Dan Lane's bible quote comment? I've had a few drinks so I don't trust my own thoughts since they're all over the damn place. 

Is he supportive or not? Passive aggressive? Throwing some bible verse for the sake of it? 

I've lost focus. 

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

What do we make of Dan Lane's bible quote comment? I've had a few drinks so I don't trust my own thoughts since they're all over the damn place. 

Is he supportive or not? Passive aggressive? Throwing some bible verse for the sake of it? 

I've lost 

I think he's basically said, "I'll be praying for you" to Lisa and the rest. Cosidering Addie and Rachel liked it. 

Lisa Willis Jones is a vile human being and in much need of a bitch slap. What a frothing mental hypocrite. People like her give Christian's a bad name. 

I am impressed with the grace and dignity Rachel has shown. Adeline as well. 

I wish we were allowed to comment. I'd love to go a few rounds with Ms Jones. What a hag.

Lisa is vile, I agree. But, I have also always had the opinion that Jackie is vile. So, for my mind, it stands to reason that she attracts people just like her. 

Down to the nitty gritty, and individual posts on Jackie's public page, it's all even more telling.

Ugly attracts ugly. Ugly supports ugly. Hate attracts hate. Hate supports hate. 

Lisa is one of Jackie's kind. We all want and crave people just like us to hang with. People we can relate to.

But, Jackie raised children to adults and married them off to 'fitting' spouses - and that failed big time, given Rachel's apparent position. You know what that does? That turns Captain Bret's ideas and actions and bible interpretation on its ass. It flips their entire existence upside down and sideways.

Jackie is letting her friends double down for her. All the while, she is being passive aggressive online - publicly - but in private, I have no doubt that woman is rolling in agony. She and her husband have not interpreted their god in the most perfect way; they married their girls off to men they thought were like minded but clearly are not when it comes down to morality and humanity. Jackie & Bret have created a giant bubble that is now bursting  and even their bible doesn't have rules for that. 

I don't like to relish the suffering of anyone but I revel in the crumbling Smith world. 

I despise what brought it about and would take back that victimized child's life if it were a choice but here it is. I don't have a choice any more than they do. They lived lives that they convinced themselves and minions was of choice, action - as if they had control.

They don't and they are crashing and burning. 

If I could party at the bon fire without the catalyst, I'd do it with bells and barrels and bottles.

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I wouldn't mind a halftime show with the captain distracting us with another dance ensemble. He needs a leotard.

I think the Cap'n would look fabulous in Elvis's white jumpsuit.

I don't think honor thy father and mother means what they think it does. 

This tacky and trashy (well fundie style anyway). These ladies need to stop. Not a single one of them cares about the victim/victims. These self-righteous bitches can take their Bibles and shove 'em up their fundie asses, including Rachel at this point.

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think honor thy father and mother means what they think it does. 

Hmmm....I think I should post a comment asking for clarification on exactly how Alan's actions have honored his father and mother. I'm sure Lisa and Jackie can explain that to me.

Just wanted to add the more I thought about it. the more impressed I am with Rachel and Bethany.  They would have been raised to revere Alan as their older brother and serve him just as they served their father. In a culture where they are probably not even allowed to speak in church this is a big step.   It also highlights how messed up when the rape of a child/children is called into question as morally ambigious. I for one am looking forward to the downfall of the Smith clan.

Lisa Willis Jones Seriously do you read your own post?
Saying someone shouldn't post something on their OWN page is like saying they shouldn't post something so you are not tempted to sin is utterly ridiculous.

This made my head spin!  The bolding is mine. This happens all the time! Women are to dress modestly to that they are not tempting men to sin. Long skirts, no pants, high necked shirts, loose clothing, no V-necks-a woman is responsible for what a man thinks when he looks at her. Now this concept is being called utterly ridiculous? You can't have it both ways.

If anyone here follows the Willis Clan, the fundie singing family group of mom, dad and 12 kids, the dad has been charged with rape of a child from 12 years ago. In that jurisdiction "child" is between 3 and 13.  He is in jail. There's a thread on FJ.  What the heck's happening in Fundyland? 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived