IGNORED

Dan on a writing blog?

BlondeAgent007

I really want this to be true but I'm scared to look!

Emily was what got me into seriously reading FJ!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/09/2016 at 6:01 PM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

For anyone who's interested, Dan has an instagram account.  He just posted some pics of the kids.  https://www.instagram.com/danjamey/

And linked to his instagram is another blog.  A Star Trek blog.  He hasn't posted to it in over a year, but it's quite a contrast to these other more recent blogs.  

My, that's a lot of out-of-focus cellphone pics of random household objects...

The kids were wearing backpacks....for SCHOOL? (please please pretty please.)  As for the random household objects pictures, I am sitting here just scratching my head and trying to figure out why, just why?  The only conclusion that my brain has come to is that this montage of photography makes me feel sad, just very sad and devoid of the ability to snark.

1 hour ago, pook said:

The kids were wearing backpacks....for SCHOOL? (please please pretty please.)  

A caption says all his kids are at school this year.

On 9/30/2016 at 5:04 PM, acheronbeach said:

My, that's a lot of out-of-focus cellphone pics of random household objects...

As he acknowledges,

Photography is not my strong suit.

At least he doesn't appear as cadaverous as he did when he was married to Emily.

On 10/3/2016 at 8:12 PM, Black Aliss said:

As he acknowledges,

At least he doesn't appear as cadaverous as he did when he was married to Emily.

Wait, they're separated?  When did that happen?  

4 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Wait, they're separated?  When did that happen?  

I don't know for a fact that they are but they do live in different towns, and they have separated at least once in the past.

Baaaah I am sooo curious about their separate residences!  Why? How? Did Emiy get a job?  Is Dna still at the Walmart?  Who got custody of Therese?  

Wait..... Is this...... Was Emily the one living in a tiny house and had her baby in a cage with things hanging over it and made stuff out of ketchup? Is that his guys ex Emily? Or am I mixing up my stories.

43 minutes ago, I love Pringles said:

Wait..... Is this...... Was Emily the one living in a tiny house and had her baby in a cage with things hanging over it and made stuff out of ketchup? Is that his guys ex Emily? Or am I mixing up my stories.

That's the one.

27 minutes ago, halcionne said:

That's the one.

Could you direct me to her other threads? I want to read them and remember 

On 10/5/2016 at 8:50 PM, acheronbeach said:

Baaaah I am sooo curious about their separate residences!  Why? How? Did Emiy get a job?  Is Dna still at the Walmart?  Who got custody of Therese?  

I don't know the whole story (though I'd wager it's a good one), but yes, Dan is definitely still at Walmart. @Palimpsest mentioned that Emily was apparently working at a church.

And, most importantly, I'm going to guess Therese wasn't high on Dan's list of priorities, so Emily or bust.

I recently had to go on a course of rather powerful antibiotics after a dog attacked me, which of course wreaked a special kind of havoc on my digestive system. I've been taking about every kind of probiotic I can find, but I just cannot bring myself to drink kefir, thanks in no small part to remembering Therese. Which leads me to think about skirt cheese. And then I get nauseous all over again. :brainbleach:

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I recently had to go on a course of rather powerful antibiotics after a dog attacked me, which of course wreaked a special kind of havoc on my digestive system. I've been taking about every kind of probiotic I can find, but I just cannot bring myself to drink kefir, thanks in no small part to remembering Therese. Which leads me to think about skirt cheese. And then I get nauseous all over again. :brainbleach:

Oh dear, I think I'm going to need links.

On 10/10/2016 at 9:27 PM, withaj said:

I don't know the whole story (though I'd wager it's a good one), but yes, Dan is definitely still at Walmart. @Palimpsest mentioned that Emily was apparently working at a church.

Yes, Dan still works for Walmart.  My gut says they are divorced but I have no proof.

I should also clarify - my memory is that about 3 years ago Emily said on FB that she was working for a church.  My memory also wants to say it was a mainstream not Fundie church.  My memory is not always correct so a more accurate answer may be found in the old threads here.  

On 10/10/2016 at 7:05 PM, I love Pringles said:

Could you direct me to her other threads? I want to read them and remember 

@halcionne linked to the archives here (thanks, Halcionne) but the real dirt is way back on yuku.

Here is the very first Emily thread on yuku:  http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/822/young-broke-QF-and-proud-of-it?page=1#.V_6mceArLIU

The second thread on yuku was something like "Emily Part 2. Young, broke, QF and snippy! "

Emily was not my gateway Fundie (Lydia of Purple had that honor) but she brought me out of lurkdom on yuku.  :lol:

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, Dan still works for Walmart.  My gut says they are divorced but I have no proof.

I should also clarify - my memory is that about 3 years ago Emily said on FB that she was working for a church.  My memory also wants to say it was a mainstream not Fundie church.  My memory is not always correct so a more accurate answer may be found in the old threads here.  

@halcionne linked to the archives here (thanks, Halcionne) but the real dirt is way back on yuku.

Here is the very first Emily thread on yuku:  http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/822/young-broke-QF-and-proud-of-it?page=1#.V_6mceArLIU

The second thread on yuku was something like "Emily Part 2. Young, broke, QF and snippy! "

Emily was not my gateway Fundie (Lydia of Purple had that honor) but she brought me out of lurkdom on yuku.  :lol:

Thank you! I've spent three hours reading and reminiscing! Emily was my gateway Fundie! So many memories

• 4 months later...

I wandered into this forum bc I spent DAYS reading Emily's blog way back (09)- I was on bedrest with my oldest for 12 weeks and read a lot of really weird blogs! I guess good for Dan, if he is happy with his kinky self (and said kink is hidden from kids). I saw mention that Dan had custody, not Emily- that's surprising! Now going down the rabbit hole to see if it says why anywhere... 

On 10 September 2016 at 8:17 PM, BlondeAgent007 said:

Polecat, that's really sad, and I can see your point.  However, I was always under the impression that dan's family wasn't really all that fundy, just Christians who were dirt poor.  Dan grew up watching Star Trek and tv.  Emily felt closer to Dan's family, who because of their faith, supported their frugal ministry (unlike her rich, educated, non religious parents).

Either way, all I can imagine today is their apartment with diapers drip drying on lines everywhere, and Dan staring at them daydreaming up his blog posts.  It's actually making me nauseous, I wish my brain would knock it off.  I wrote one persistent one in the spoiler if anyone wishes to read it.

Reveal hidden contents

Emily soaking diapers, so they're really soaked and heavy the way he likes.  Then they are tacked up on lines in the house and Dan sucks the pee out.  He mentions drinking pee out of diapers in more than one story.  OMFG MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

I'm nosey.

I read it

Wish to hell I hadn't.

Not slightest bit hungry now,

Need wine.

Lots.:brain-bleach::obscene-drinkingdrunk:

Archived