IGNORED

Has Sarah ever been alone?

skrmom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps more upcoming travel for Sarah to 'visit' friends? Or have some, what-others-might-call-fun, somewhere that involves her getting there alone?

She got a suitcase for Christmas because she realized (presumably when they went to CO) she didn't have a suitable smaller one.

Given the lack of travel they do as a family these days, it sure seems like something could be up? 

I found the following quote on this website (it's the last comment by poster Rachel). I think it's sad if she really has had several suitors, some of whom she liked, and couldn't wasn't allowed to pursue a potential courtship because of the whole skirt nonsense. Also, this made me go back to how she always wrote about how grateful she was for the encouragement and support in writing her books. I wonder if whatever this new series she's writing was also "an encouragement."

I had the opportunity to meet the Maxwells at a homeschool conference a few years ago. At the time Sarah (the oldest) was almost 29. When she spoke she told of how her father had already rejected several guys for her. Some of whom she had really liked. One of the reasons a guy was rejected was because he did not hold the same belief that girls should always wear skirts/dresses below the knees. She also told of how she did not want to write the children’s books for her family. But at age 24 her parents informed her she had to. I don’t have a problem with people who wish to lI’ve an extremely conservative lifestyle. I do have a problem with people who give their children no other choice and no financial/social independence in order to have opportunities.

Because the critical quality in a son-in-law is that he keeps your daughter wearing long skirts and dresses. :smiley-signs131:

Steve. 

You are a cunt who has RUINED his family.

If you think you're going to Heaven, you're in for a rude awakening, asshole. 

Steve and the rest of the family do not think he has done anything wrong. If someone in their extended family think he did something wrong they probably would never say anything and did not.  

Archived